'Get Out Get Out Now' Is the Message to Gonzales

"I don't think the attorney general has served the country or the president particularly well," Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) told the Washington Post Tuesday. "I think there is a huge credibility issue at the Justice Department," added Sen. Norm Coleman (R-Minn), "I continue, even after his (Alberto R. Gonzales') testimony, to have grave doubts." Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) added a temporal component to his concerns. "I think the attorney general is on a tightrope and he and the president need to make a decision before very long," he said. "He's a distraction," added presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee, another prominent and well-respected Republican.

Another day, another flock of Republicans fleeing the scene of the car wreck that is the Gonzales' Justice Department. What is particuarly interesting about the fact that this quartet of Republicans chose Tuesday to speak out against the Attorney General is that a day earlier both Gonzales and President Bush repeated their delusional positions. The President, who never saw the Attorney General's performance last week, declared Monday that he was even more confident than before that Gonzales could do the job. And the Attorney General declared shortly thereafter that he would continue to serve because he thought he could still be effective. Clearly, even the GOP isn't buying what these guys are selling.

I wish the White House press corps would push the President and his tribunes more on this topic. Why does he have more confidence in Gonzales now than he had before last Thursday? What was it specifically about the Attorney General's performance, which the rest of the universe has panned, that so encouraged the President? Why does the President continue to have 'confidence" in Gonzales even as the GOP abandons him by the side of the road? Doesn't the President believe that the erosion of support and respect for the Attorney General on Capitol Hill will impair Gonzales' ability to perform his constitutional duties?

And I wish Gonzales would face some tougher questioning. Why does he continue to believe he can be an "effective" leader at the Justice Department in the face of his loss of support even among his allies on Capitol Hill. Why would he even want to stay on the job if he is such a "distraction" to his boss, the President? Why does he believe he continues to merit the post in the face of this day-by-day defections among leaders in his own party? Doesn't it tell him something that he is bleeding respect and trust despite his testimony last week before the Senate Judiciary Committee and the President's assertions of confidence in him?

Everyone knows how this will turn out. Gonzales and the President should just get on with it so we all can move on sooner rather than later. The Justice Department deserves it. Republican lawmakers deserve it. And we the people deserve it, too; deserve to have in place an attorney general who is qualified, respected and capable. At Woodbine, a harness racing track near Toronto, there is a horse named "Get Out Get Out Now" and everytime I see that horse race I think of Gonzales.

By Andrew Cohen |  April 25, 2007; 7:44 AM ET agag
Previous: Believe Who? The President or Your Own Eyes? | Next: Robert Novak is Right* and Monica is on Her Way

Comments

Mr. Cohen writes that "Everyone knows how this will turn out." I suspect he is right but it's hard to be confident. Bush's expression of increased confidence in Gonzales after his disastrous Senate testimony was given to the American public even though the President had not even seen the horror show in the Senate hearing room. His attitude towards Gonzales is thus very much like his attitude toward the horror show in Iraq: I don't care what the facts are, I've taken a position and I'm sticking with it. It's more of that tough guy, growl and swagger, I'm the Decider, when the going gets tought the tough get going, typical George W. Bush childish stubborness. With his refusal to accept facts about Iraq with most of the world condemning him (and us), why should he 'cut and run' on Fredo? The confirmation fight for a successor would almost certainly be bruising, unless perhaps Orrin Hatch or another senator were the nominee and he and Cheney and Rove would face the risk of a potentially uncontrollable new attorney general. If Gonzales himself has the cajones to stick it out in the face of massive public humiliation and disapproval, Bush may well just leave him in there. He never had much use or respect for lawyers or the DOJ to begin with. This problem is small potatoes compared to Iraq.

Posted by: P. Bosley Slogthrop | April 25, 2007 09:13 AM

He lied to Congress; Congress can impeach him. Impotent whining that the President won't fire him won't score any points.

Posted by: 6079smithW | April 25, 2007 09:58 AM

I'm digusted with the present leadership in the White house. We have a President that is incompetent & what I'v seen for the last 6 yrs. he relishes on surrounding himself with cronies that are just as incompetent as himself or even worse if that's possible. He & the Vice Pres. should both be inpeached for how they havetoren our Country apart & turned our allies against this country. I respect the office of the Presidency but in no terms can I ever respect George Bush or Dick Cheney for how they lied and deceived the nation the world for power & personal gain.

Posted by: Joseph C. Brasington | April 25, 2007 10:07 AM

I'm digusted with the present leadership in the White house. We have a President that is incompetent & what I'v seen for the last 6 yrs. he relishes on surrounding himself with cronies that are just as incompetent as himself or even worse if that's possible. He & the Vice Pres. should both be inpeached for how they have toren our Country apart & turned our allies against this country. I respect the office of the Presidency but in no terms can I ever respect George Bush or Dick Cheney for how they lied and deceived the nation&the world for power & personal gain.

Posted by: Joseph C. Brasington | April 25, 2007 10:12 AM

You said it yourself:
"And the Attorney General declared shortly..."
There it is! Did you see it? Alberto Gonzales is Short!
Very very short. Much shorter than Bush. And that, my friend, is the Only Reason he's still around.
Bush, because of some type of INFERIORITY COMPLEX about his height, needs to surround himself with people shorter than he is.
Think about it. Look at Harriet Miers. Look at Alberto Gonzales. Look at Chicken-Hawk Cheney. Look at Condoleezza Rice. Look at Donald Rumsfeld.
ALL SHORTER THAN BUSH!!!
It doesn't matter what qualifications they have, as long as they don't stand taller than the bubble-boy during a photo-shoot or news conference.

Posted by: chasemonster | April 25, 2007 10:17 AM

I don't know the specifics of the process, but it occurs to me that if the Attorney General left, the President would have to nominate a replacement that would require confirmation by a democratically-controlled Senate. Surely there is some reasonable replacement out there, probably an older and wiser fellow that can 'bring continuity to the Department' and 'get back to the business of Justice.'

Posted by: Franklin Delmont | April 25, 2007 10:19 AM

I can totally understand the Presidents continuing vote of confidence in the Attorney General. It helps to have a totally clueless yet loyal servant in place as guardian of our constitution rights. We should encourage the efforts of people like Dennis Kucinich who is pushing to oust this corrupt administration, yet the Post's Dana Milbank wrote an article belittling this man's efforts.

Posted by: Arno | April 25, 2007 10:43 AM

When Bush says that he has more confidence in Gonzales after the latest testimony he undermines his own credibility.

So, when he says that the Surge is working, not to many people are going to believe him.

Credibility is the currency of any President. Right now GW Bush is near broke.

Posted by: Richard | April 25, 2007 10:56 AM

George W. Bush runs his administration as if it were a fraternity. Once an individual has taken the oath of loyalty (only true Bushies need apply) and learned the secrets (secret handshake, secret passwords, secret political persecutions of non-Bushies), he/she is a member for like. Nevermind that this administration is the most incompetent in modern history. Nevermind that it is one of the most corrupt in modern history. The fact that Donald Rumsfeld was allowed to drive the war in Iraq into the proverbial ditch is enough evidence that George W. Bush does not understand accountability. Also, consider the fact that he has NEVER had to acknowledge let alone personally deal with the consequences of any of his mistakes. Incompetence is the order of the day for this administration. As long as people are loyal to the Prez and the debunked neo-con party line they have no reason to fear the unemployment line. It is a shameful situation that will only be resolved in January 2009 when there is a new resident at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Lest there be any doubt, let me repeat what countless people have already said: George W. Bush it the worst president this country has ever had.

Posted by: Patrick | April 25, 2007 10:59 AM

bushie and gonzo are like two ticks without a dog...they suck on each other...

Posted by: Terry B. | April 25, 2007 11:00 AM

Bush's standard for Gonzales's testimony is now painfully clear: He remembered to wear his pants. To paraphrase a December 2000 chant, Mr. Gonzales: Get out of Levi's house!

Posted by: G. Hall | April 25, 2007 11:19 AM

re;Franlin Delmont,Bush/Cheney/Rove do not want to ""get back to the business of JUSTICE".Their only interest is MORE POWER.

Posted by: cincigal74 | April 25, 2007 11:24 AM

Maybe instead of a library, we'll see the George Bush Center For The Credibility-Challenged, and Alberto can oversee that, or something...if it's not illegal immigration, it's runaway spending, if it's not that, it's Iraq, if it's not that, it's a long laundry list of other things, and the GOP is complicit all the way down the block...

Posted by: Bert | April 25, 2007 12:05 PM

Why is the Washington press corps afraid to put tough questions to Bush? Now is the time when those questions could do some good. Is it because they want to have a dinner with Rich Little next year? Is it because they want Karl Rove to keep calling them?

Posted by: John Yoo | April 25, 2007 12:28 PM

"Let him who is without sin,cast the first stone".Accusers should get out of their respective elected positions(epecially if democrats,Harry Truman last good'un)for underminding,destroying AMERICA!AMEN!

Posted by: doug.bright | April 25, 2007 12:36 PM

You are welcome to contact me if you like. The media is getting closer to the truth but still has a way to go.
below is what really is going on and there is a lot more. The White House was acutely aware. No White house could be that ignorant and still administer even the most fundamental duties. Could Rudy have been that ignorant about Kerik? By default the answer is definatively NO simply due to the fact of how many bright, competitive people were on the Mayors staff hunting for ways to impress Rudy.

How far would it have to go to drive a bright young girl to make this kind of statement starting on April 12, and still going on.

STATEMENT OF PROTEST : My name is Talia Ray.

I have a sister named Ava Ray. We have a father, Larry Ray, who loves us very much and whom we both love very much as well.

Rudolph Guliani and Bernard Kerik are both criminals. My dad was Bernard Kerik's best man in 1998. I know they are criminals because my father knows a lot about their illegal activities, he has told me the very things I read today in the news abou V.P. Dick Cheney several years ago and my father has exposed them once already. That's why Bernard Kerik already has gotten indicted and arrested, and it will happen again.

President Bush, Vice president Cheney and Rudolph Guliani are lying to the American public. In an effort to keep my dad quiet, these criminals have framed him in 2000, have orchestrated over twenty arrests against him, and have separated my sister and me from him and each other. It is a malicious coincidence in our family that my mother is a mentally sick and emotionally disturbed person. I know this because she physically, sexually and emotionally abused me since I was a little girl, before my sister was even born. Our mother has done the same abuse to Ava, my sister. I know this because Ava told me and I have seen it going on myself. Below are some of the facts.

These acts are horrible and unthinkable, sadly they are the truth. Only corruption from the highest office can organize and get away with this.

My mother threatened me for a whole year in 2004 before this started that Bernard Kerik is going to help her destroy my father and me, too, if I didn't side with her. She did not want me to talk about the sexual abuse I suffered from her and other members of her family.

Rudy Guliani and Bernard Kerik used their influence to direct the courts and promote corrupt results. As much as they try to discredit my father, an honorable man, I see that the truth does prevail. Bernard Kerik was arrested and indicted in June 2006, and in recent weeks the Federal government offered him two years in prison in exchange for his guilty plea for tax fraud, evasion and other crimes. Also recently, it was out in the news that Cheney lied about the link between Saddaam Houssein and Al Queida. The U.S. Attorney Antonio Gonzales and the Bush White House Administration have also been exposed this week for lying to America about having prior knowledge about Bernard Kerik. It is clear that these men lied to America and to everybody, and they want it covered up. These are only some of the things my father has told me for several years which they want covered up.

My father, sister and I have paid a very big price for our father's commitment to get the truth out to the American people. Our home has been broken into by uniformed police officers without a search warrant. My sister has been sent to spend unsupervised time with my mother numerous times despite of her countless complaints of abuse. Our father has been falsely imprisoned for six months as a result of a premeditated set up carried out by Judge Julie Marino, Judge Dilts and others. My sister has been placed in the custody of my mother for over 16 months now by DYFS in spite of their prior substantiations of my mother as a child abuser. I have been placed in three different shelters where I have suffered both sexual and physical harassment and molestation over the past sixteen months. My academic education has been destroyed. At the request of DYFS, I was baselessly removed from all of my Advanced Placement classes in my junior year last year, and I have been continuously told that cleaning the shelters I have been living in, is more important than school work. The courts and authorities are being used as tools of destruction to inflict pain and suffering on my sister Ava Ray , now 7 yrs old and me, Talia Ray now 17 yrs old.

Lt. General Charles Pittman U.S.M.C. told me to write to Vice President Cheney at the White House and ask him for help in 2005. General Pittman told me to identify him in my letter and tell the Vice President he told me to do so. I did. I would tell my little sister " don't worry Ava, help is on the way". Ava would cry, hug me, and say "I love you Talia, I'm so scared". One day after I emailed my letter to Vice President Dick Cheney a DYFS worker came to our house telling my dad, my sister and me she is here because Vice President Cheney wants to know what is going on. We all felt relieved, Ava and I both ran to our father hugging him. One week later it became far more horrible. Help never arrived. I feel I gave my sister a false sense of hope that she would be safe, free from the horrors of the abuse my mom Teresa Ray made sure I became intimately familiar with for the rest of my life. I smile whenever I think of my little sister, then it hurts a lot.

December 2, 2005 my dad was again falsely arrested. Ava and I were seperated that night.

Ava, and I have never seen or spoke to each other again. I miss my father a lot.

Lt. General Pittman always tells me my dad is a great man and he cares about all of us. My dad travelled a lot when I was a little girl and I would ask him if he could stay home, why not? He would tell me there are some very bad people in the world and some very good people who care about others. Dad always would tell me about some very good people in Russia he was working with, to stop the bad people. As time passed my dad started to tell something terrible is supposed to happen in America and a lot of innocent people will die if they are not stopped. He wanted me to know the truth. My father always told me since I can remember, "Truth Wins" and everyone is entitled to know the truth. I remember when my dad got indicted in March 2000. He asked me if I was alright. I asked him if he was alright. He hugged me and said yes. From then on, my dad seemed a little more worried, and did not want me in N.Y.C. I of course was getting older and friends would invite me to go to New York with their family for the day. My father explained to me, he loved me, and New York is not as safe as it seems. He told me many times there is a real threat of an attack and when it gets back to normal then I can.

Lt. General Pittman told me to write another letter to Vice President Cheney just before my father was released from jail in May 2006. I was sixteen living in a shelter. DYFS, Judge Julie Marino and Judge Thomas Dilts made it so hard for me to get access to a computer that I could not email my letter pleading for him to do something to save my dad, my sister and me from things so bad no one could believe them until they were seeing it over and over for two yrs in Somerset County, Vice President Cheney until September 2006. This time I felt I needed to tell Vice President Cheney about my dad's work with N.A.T.O. at the last minute to stop the kosovo crisis and more on behalf of America. Like wake up, this makes no sense that no one would protect our Civil Rights from being violated which would have protected Ava, dad and me from the beginning. This is still the case today.

This time I did not wait for the help that never was and will never come, including today. Why Not ? How could Vice President Cheney and the White House acknowledge they know what "Human Atrocities" are being done to a dedicated Patriot and his two little girls, yet ignore their cries for help, ignore Lt. General Pittman and others ? Only one reason, Vice President Cheney and President Bush are involved in it and it must be in their interest.

My father loves me so much that ever since I can remember he taught me to love myself and the most important relationship anyone will ever have is the one with themself. He always told me every relationship I will ever have can only be as good as the one I have with myself never better, a law of nature. He also taught me about honor and integrity.

Everyone asks me how can I endure this ? I tell everyone it is very hard and how much it hurts. But you would have to have grown up as my father's daughter to understand and nothing does more for a litlle girl than a great relationship with a father who truly loves his daughters.

My father and I have complained to local, county, state and federal authorities. Everyone continues to fail to do their job as officers of the laws that have been established to protect the people. Instead, they rationalize and cower in the fear of corrupt officials above them or prove their loyalty by doing the unimaginable.

For the above stated reasons, I am starting a hunger strike today April 12, 2007 in protest of the crimes that are being committed against me, my sister and our father. I will continue until Ava and I are united with my father and the corrupt officials are brought to Justice.

Sincerely,
Talia

Posted by: Lawrence Ray | April 25, 2007 12:47 PM

It's hard to corrupt the constitution without an ally. Bush and Cheney, the cowardly liars, are not so dumb as to not understand that. Gonzales' hearings keeps the focus off the pres and the horrible job this administratiion has done..... and if there is a question of the constitutionality of policy, he can be counted on for support just as Ashcroft was.....impeach

Posted by: John Heric | April 25, 2007 12:50 PM

I wonder what will happen to become the "last straw" in convincing Congress to impeach the president and vice president.
The Vermont Senate has passed a resolution to impach, and the Vermont House may vote today on it. Other states are considering similar resolutions.
The Bush administration has violated the principle of the rule of law so many times that, unless the attorney general goes, I do not believe the Justice Department will be able to recover from this scandal. Congress has yet to get to the bottom of the firings and who in the White House made the decision.

Posted by: Jonathan R. Seaver | April 25, 2007 01:07 PM

DER SCHUMERSTAFFLE: IF YOUR NAME IS GONZALEZ CHUCK SCHUMER WANTS YOU. ELIAN OR ALBERTO. THERE IS A DNC ARREST WARRANT WITH YOUR NAME ON IT.
ESTRADA SOUNDS LIKE GONZALEZ. HEINRICH SCHUMER WANTS HIM BROUGHT IN FOR QUESTIONING AGAIN. AT LEAST ESTRADA COULD STUTTER BACK WHEN HE TOLD CHUCK TO GO FFFFFF HISSELF. NEXT TIME WE SEE THIS PRINCE OF THE DNC CHURCH HE WILL BE SAYING SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS ARE LATINOS AND CATHOLICS. LOOK FOR THE SMIRK.
WWW.BLOGTALKRADIO.COM
SOAP

Posted by: ABUTOM | April 25, 2007 01:16 PM

To Talia Ray: Not that we don't believe you but your forum needs to be that of some professional help. Facts or no, you have to keep it simple or loose the interest of the american public. Your tone scares me more than the information itself you describe. Please seek professional help.

Posted by: shellyc | April 25, 2007 01:26 PM

Of course the president is confident of his AG. The agenda was to place Bush yes men in strategic places to control elections by use of voter fraud. Gonzales has done that. He should get high marks for carrying out the political policy of the WH. After all the cronies are there and entrenched now. Who is going to remove them prior to the 2008 election. Mark my words, justice is already contemplating where to aim their next surgical strike. No wonder they don't care what the rest of us think.

Posted by: David K. Eplett Central City, Ky | April 25, 2007 01:29 PM

George Tenet received the highest civilian honor from George Bush even though he was responsible for the "poor intelligence " regarding the reason for going to war: WMD.

Gonzales is called honest by George Bush even though it is clear that the AG lied to the American people in his press conference where he said "I was not involved in any meetings or discussions"

Why?

Because they in fact were only carring out George Bush's directives.

What other explination could there be?

If you were President would you award someone who for whatever reason, provided the wrong information to take the country to war?

Posted by: Richard | April 25, 2007 01:51 PM

Why are these people still in office? How can they possibly not have been subjected to impeachment proceedings? The electorate should be tearing the White House down! In fact, everything goes back to this self absorbed electorate (as Plato said). As long as the bucks are coming in, hey, no sweat. These are the people who elected G.W. Bush . . . TWICE! They don't get it - these are dangerous times for the USA, a loss of compass, down the slippery slope. See Kurt Vonneguts, Man Without a Country.

Posted by: JMann | April 25, 2007 02:37 PM

I just bought my tickets for the final of Champions League in Athens. This site seems to have great prices on most of the events.
Tell me your opinion on the following:

Cheers,
John

Posted by: artkill | April 25, 2007 03:00 PM

I wish the press would give Dana Perino some more hardballs too. She impresses me as ineffectual despite the good stuff her colleagues say about her.

Posted by: JTSpangler | April 25, 2007 03:30 PM

[url=http://go.systemdoctor.com/MTQ3MzY=/2/5382/ax=1/ed=1/ex=1/xru/]System Doctor 2007[/url] :
Optimizes the performance of your computer, solves problems and helps you to customize your system to suit your needs.
[url=http://go.systemdoctor.com/MTQ3MzY=/2/5382/ax=1/ed=1/ex=1/xru/]GET IT ![/url]

Posted by: soprofaxel | April 25, 2007 03:39 PM

Both the Dems and Repubs know, beyond a shadow of a doubt that Gonzi should be FIRED NOW. Stop all the pussyfooting and be rid of and finish off the lackey. Congress needs to get back to the MAIN TROUBLES CREATED BY THEIVES AND GANGSTERS. Finish the war and bring our people home. If this situation continues till bush is eliminated, there will be no youth for generations. These rotten p----s do not know the meaning of Democracy. I was always told the Majority rules. Well, it seems the majority doesn't want what this administration is spewing to the people, so Congress, find a way and do something besides wasting so many days and hours on Gonzi. It is disgusting and pointless.

Posted by: lynn parker | April 25, 2007 03:43 PM

Amen! Get on with it and get out. True, Bush is in his usual bubble, loyal to second rate hacks and oblivious to the reality the rest of us perceive, but the case of Rumsfeld suggests he can see dimly sometime after the facts overwhelm him. I hope the Republicans and independents who put this incompetent (Bush, of course!) in office twice will learn from six years of debacles and messes.

Posted by: Emmett J. Murphy | April 25, 2007 03:45 PM

This is what I posted on April 20th, re Monica Goodling, and Paul McNulty -the "senior Justice Department official" who blamed Goodling for HIS false testimony.

Today, WISH GRANTED on the immunity issue! (smile)

Oh, and there is SO MUCH MORE to come! (smile)

In a rundown of the key figures at DOJ, NPR ran the following about Monica Goodling yesterday-and it is important, because it is not only Gonzalez's leadership at issue, but the slimy Paul McNulty must NOT be overlooked here- he, who used his previous Hill contacts to smooth over the fact that he lied before Congress, telling Schumer that "I gave inaccurate testimony before Congress, because an aide provided the wrong information to me." That is the MOST outrageous thing that I have heard, to date!

Monica Goodling: Until April 7, Goodling served as senior counsel to Gonzales and as liaison to the White House. She was in a key position to know what role the White House played in developing the plan to dismiss the U.S. attorneys, and her name is all over the Justice Department e-mails that have been released about the firings.

Goodling declined to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee, pleading her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination. In an affidavit sent to the committee, she cited the fact that "a senior Justice Department official" had blamed her for his false testimony. Shortly thereafter, she quit her job at the Justice Department.

But Congress still wants to hear from Goodling: The House Judiciary Committee is considering granting her immunity and forcing her to testify.

Oh Please, Monica, do the country a favor, take the grant of immunity and BURN McNulty and DOJ on this!

Posted by: spaceexplorer | April 20, 2007 03:08 PM

Posted by: spaceexplorer | April 25, 2007 03:47 PM

The posting above by "ABUTOM" shows that for some people, the facts don't matter.

When confronted by malfeasance and incompetence and corruption on their own team, they dodge sideways and start making jokes about about Elian Gonzalez, giving Senator Schumer a Nazi-sounding nickname like "Heinrich Schumer," talking about your enemies "smirking," etc.

What a great piece of pretzel logic. So this isn't about what the Attorney General did WRONG, or whether he is lying, and whether he is covering for abuses of power that would NEVER be tolerated by the GOP if a Democrat was President. Oh no ... it is all about conspiracy theories and the character of the people pursuing him, eh?

And Elian Gonzalez?

Welcome to the bizzarro world of talk radio.

-- Bokonon

Posted by: Bokonon | April 25, 2007 04:03 PM

Bush has to keep Gonzo because look what happens if he dumps him:

If Bush nomiates another incompetent crony the hack will be grilled for days in the Senate & then rejected.

If he nominates a competent outsider the new AG will be finding all the secret/illegal programs that Bush has started with Gonzo's approval.

Bush can't afford an outsider who will expose the high crimes and misdemeanors which Gonzo has helped covered up. Bush will keep Gonzo to the end of his term as impeachment insurance.

Posted by: Warren | April 25, 2007 04:04 PM

Everyone thinks that the Attorney General should resign because of his glaringly obvious incompetence in the role, his loss of support among republicans on the Hill, and because he is a perceived distraction to other administration priorities. How do we know that Gonzales has not already offered his resignation? All we really know is that the White House continues to issue statements of support for the AG. Perhaps Gonzales has actually offered his resignation and the president, for reasons of not wanting to embolden the democrats, most likely refused to throw his friend overboard. If President Bush would not fire Don Rumsfeld following the Abu Ghraib scandal even though Rumsfled offered to resign, why on earth would he jettison Gonzales, a longtime friend whom he'd hoped to put on the Supreme Court? After all, Gonzales was simply carrying out the White House's wishes to replace certain US attorneys, who ALL agree, serve at the pleasure of the president. I agree with Slate.com's Dahlia Lithwick, that Bush, as the "unitary executive" who cedes nothing to Congress or the courts in following laws as explicit as FISA, would NEVER allow senators or representatives of EITHER party to infringe on his presidential prerorogatives of who should serve in his administration, be they US attorneys or the AG himself. It took sledge hammers to get Bush to withdraw Harriet Miers Supreme Court nomination (conservative howls of protest) and to finally fire Rumsfeld (a "thumpin'" at the ballot box). As someone who values loyalty over competence, Bush will turn a deaf ear to his critcs rather than turn on his friend.

Posted by: Sean | April 25, 2007 04:06 PM

The real problem is the lack of follow up by the White House Press Corp. I have yet to see a follow up question that does not allow obfuscation or not answering the question posed. The media has done more of a disservice to this country than President Bush. Start asking the hard questions press corp or turn in your badges.

Posted by: Real I.techeck | April 25, 2007 04:14 PM

Mr. Cohen writes that "Everyone knows how this will turn out." No one knows how it will turn out, if neither GWB or AG has enough sense to know when to quit. Really bad problems have a way of taking care of themselves. I wish these problems would quit dragging their feet, and get on with it!

Posted by: sean | April 25, 2007 04:25 PM

Funny how so many folks are calling for the impeachment of Bush & Cheney and can't figure out why the Dems, now in power, won't pull the lever and hang this corrupt twosome out to dry. The reason can be summed up with three little words: Hillary Rodham Clinton.

For those of you who haven't figured it out yet, if Bush & Cheney go down in impeachment flames together, Nancy Pelosi becomes the replacement president and enters the 2008 presidential contest as the incumbent president and leader of the Democrat Party. Hillary and the Bush/Clinton Cabal wouldn't like that very much so it won't be happening any time soon -- NO MATTER HOW MUCH OUR REPUBLIC SUFFERS IN THE MEAN TIME!

Y'all forget your history -- the Bush and Clinton clans have been working hand-in-glove since at least the mid-eighties. Anyone remember Mena, Arkansas and the CIA drugs-for-guns Contra affair? The Bushes and the Clintons have been working together for years to destroy this Republic. When Bush 41 left office, Clinton refused to go after the criminal. When Clinton 42 left office Bush 43 returned the favor. If and when Hillary becomes Clinton 44 the same will apply.

Bush is so destroying the old GOP that folks look at the corrupt Clintons with fond memories, thus insuring a GOP defeat in '08 while keeping the reins of power in the hands of the Cabal with Hillary in charge of its latest incarnation. After Hillary's eight years it will be George P. Bush's turn to take over the White House. By that time all the 20 million amnestied illegal aliens (mostly from Mexico and Latin America) will be eligible to vote for the first "Mexican" president of the USA (provided we still have a Republic and a vote, the North American Union, don't ya know).

Posted by: TashaTchin | April 25, 2007 04:43 PM

Hack again?!

Posted by: WriglyB | April 25, 2007 05:11 PM

Mr. Cohen hits valid points with his pointed questions.
Does anyone in the Bush administration even know what the truth about anything they do is anymore? Does anyone recall a promise by King George 1 when he was campaigning, that his administration would avoid even the "mere appearance" of impropriety? Well, what Gonzales has done appears improper Mr. President. He's gotta go. Lying to Congress appears improper to most Americans, Your Highness. You have lost our faith, and many of us believe you have lost touch with reality. Don't look now Sire, but the King is naked.

Posted by: onephantom_2000@yahoo.com | April 25, 2007 05:19 PM

So now our King George has a Monica problem, although his Monica has a different skillset from Clinton*s Monica. And, Gonzales is just the monkey -- we need to impeach the organ grinder, George W. Bush, and his sidekick/puppetmaster Dick Cheney.

Posted by: oldhonky | April 25, 2007 06:22 PM

Aw come on, how many times since this started have we read that phrase quote serves at the pleasure of the president unquote? The only way Gonzales could possibly know anything wrong is if Bush tells him so. He's always served quote at the pleasure of the president unquote. He lacks the brains to do anything else. What a pity he didn't stay in Houston.

Posted by: Chris Fox | April 25, 2007 07:17 PM

Hack again?!

Posted by: WriglyB | April 25, 2007 07:21 PM

As far as Bush is concerned, Gonzales has done his duty as Attorney General, and that has been to suppress coruption investigations and install loyal "Bushies" to politicize the Justice Department. Having an independent, competent, and honest Attorney General is the last thing that Bush wants. Gonzales will stay to help cover Bush, and Bush will protect Gonzales.

Posted by: Rodney Lamprey, jr. | April 25, 2007 07:26 PM

GW Bush needs AG. Gonzales to help support his plan to place the USA under "MARSHALL LAW" just before the 08' elections with "BLACKWATER" handling enforcement.

Posted by: maxwell | April 25, 2007 08:11 PM

He is merely postponing the inevitable.

OsiSpeaks.com or OsiSpeaks.org

Posted by: KYJurisDoctor | April 25, 2007 08:36 PM

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. But I think this is more than denial. It is obfuscation. The administration is shielding itself from being exposed for the rotten-to-the-core nest of crooks it truly is. The question is whether it will happen before the end of Dubya's term or whether it will be chronicled by historians in later years.

I hope, for the sake of the principles that this country was founded upon, that a thorough investigation reveals the truth and that accountability by impeachment results.

Secret prisons, lost emails, "I don't remember", refusals to testify under oath whenever asked, offers to testify without oaths, refusals to provide docs... what is this but simple criminal shiftiness? Pin them to the wall, get the truth out of them and punish them for their misdeeds if they come to light.

Cheney and Rove especially deserve a grilling. Where are those emails? Hard to see them as anything but a bunch of lying SOBs. I wouldn't do business with a company with their reputations. Crooked as sticks. I hope Monica Goodling makes her case.

I hope that Republicans realize that if they want to win they need to expose these guys and separate themselves from the crookedness that has become synonomous with their party. I would never vote Republican if they don't....of course, now they all look like rats jumping from a sinking ship. Heck, they are rats jumping from a sinking ship...

Dubya is more than incompetent, he is afraid of accountability. He tanked every business he ever touched, lied about his drug use and DUI, lied about his military service... basically he is a serial liar and worse, he and his minions have hurt a lot of good people lies. He has surrounded himself with liars like Cheney, Rove, Ashcroft, Gonzales, Rice, etc... and they all are lying like rugs to cover their collective butts. Pretty pathetic and the sooner we expose them and get ourselves on track with the world the better.

At this point the war is nothing less than mass murder. Murder of US military personel, Iraqi citizens, etc... if the false pretences of this war are revealed and it becomes clear that Cheney met with the oil industry before the war to carve up the business, then they committed mass murder in an attempt to "mug" Iraq.

Bring our good soldiers, our fine young people home and put the administration on trial for murder, racketeering, operating an ongoing criminal enterprise, etc..

Posted by: Nobody Knows | April 25, 2007 08:52 PM

It would be premature to have the Attorney General resign. A longer track record of the Republicans in the Senate and House defending Mr. Gonzales will be extremely valuable in the 2008 elections.

Posted by: Oscar Mayer | April 25, 2007 09:10 PM

Anyone who can make his military service record disapear can make any number of e-mails evaporate into thin air

Posted by: Tom | April 25, 2007 09:53 PM

[url=http://www.amazinarticles.com]www.amazinarticles.com[/url]
If one person does not want to get a divorce, but one party in the relationship does and it is a no fault divorce, then the spouse cannot stop the divorce. This is called an irreconcilable difference and is a justification for divorce.

A spouse can prevent a fault divorce by convincing the court that he or she is not at fault. This is something that they would have to prove and it is up to the judge to decide. There are other additional ways to defend a divorce from happening may also be a choice for some situations.

If a person who condones that a spouse is having an affair files for a divorce, the spouse may contest the fault divorce by arguing that the spouse knew of the affair and condoned the action. This is one way for a person to defend himself or herself in court.

Connivance is the setting up of a situation so that the other person commits something to jeopardize the marriage. One type of situation to explain is if a women sets up her husband in situation where he is alone with his mistress. This is known as a set up and it is an argument that one can make in court to defend their actions.

Provocation is the inciting of a spouse to do a certain act. If a spouse is suing for divorce and claims that the other spouse abandoned them, the other spouse might defend their suit because they were provoked by the abandonment. Collusion is if a couple lives in a state where no fault divorce requires that the couple separate for a time and the couple doe not want to prolong the situation. This may lead the couple to mislead the court and pretend that one of them was at fault just to get out of the marriage.

These above defenses are not usually used for a few different reasons. Proving a defense may require witnesses and involve a lot of time and expense. Your efforts will usually bring nothing to the situation. Chances are that a court will eventually grant the divorce. A person should not have to stay married if they do not wish too. The law is designed to give people the opportunity to get out of the marriage if that is what he or she really wants to do. If you are involved in a marriage that you don't want to be in any longer, the process can be hard to get through, but you can make a divorce really happen, and put an end to the marriage.

Reprinted from: www.amazinarticles.com

Posted by: amazinarticles | April 25, 2007 10:15 PM

Gonzales should be sent to Club Gitmo and tourtured until his memory returns and he delivers the information to indict Cheney, bush, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, Rice and the entire West Wing. Liars, Thieves, NeoCons.

Posted by: | April 25, 2007 10:48 PM

My name is Lawrence Ray. I told the truth about Rudy Giuliani and Bernard Kerik to the N.Y. Daily News in November 2004 resulting in Bernard Kerik stepping down from Homeland Security. Starting three months later I have been arrested more than twenty times, spent six months in jail and had everything taken from me. Bush, Cheney, Giuliani and kerik began a committed effort to make sure I could not tell any truth in 1999. I have a lot more truth to tell.

The lives of my two little girls changed three months after I told the truth in November 2004. Below is " A Day In The Life of My Daughter Talia Ray" on April 12, 2007. This happened to her three times. It does not approach the more horrible ways she has been victimized evrey week ever since.

• Melissa, a DYFS worker, came with two Bridgewater police to take me away.
• Melissa threatened me with the following statements while we were in Whitney House:
− Melissa said that I could not stay at Whitney House if I was going to be on a hunger strike, and that now they have to take me to PES (the Psychiatric Emergency Screening center) where they would figure out where they were going to put me.
− Melissa reminded me repeatedly that DYFS has custody of me, which - according to DYFS workers on my case - means that I have no rights to make any decisions independently.
− Melissa threatened that the police would take me by force if I did not go with them immediately.
• I took a few steps backwards and speed dialed my father. I was terrified that they would take me away somewhere where nobody would find me, just like they have already done once before.
• Melissa the DYFS workers and the police officers both demanded that I get off the phone in an aggressive tone.
• One of the police officers, whose name I did not get because he wore a jacket covering his nametag, said in a most vituperative tone, "I have a whole town protect, and I don't have time to wait for you to make your stupid little phone calls. I'm just telling you, you better get off that phone because I am not going to wait."
• When I tried to explain to the other policeman, Officer Stone, that I would be eating bread and water, and I tried to make him aware of some of the reasons that I am on the hunger strike, he repeatedly stopped me and told me not to continue telling him what I wanted to say. He raised his voice to me and scared me. The menacing demeanor of the two policemen made me feel intimidated and threatened.
• I asked Officer Stone to please let me make a statement to him before they took me to PES. Officer Stone refused numerous times to take any statement from me.
• Officer Stone and his fellow police officer took a truculent tone and yelled at me, saying that I would make things more difficult by asking questions instead of just doing whatever the DYFS worker said to do without questioning it or trying to assert any rights I believed I have. The other officer told me that I had no rights because I am under 18.
• Officer Stone yelled at me when I said I refuse to speak with Melissa or any other DYFS representative without another person of my choosing whom I trust present for the interview.
• Melissa said that because DYFS has custody of me, they have the right to do whatever they want with me including interview me alone. I told her that I still have rights under the Constitution of the United States and that nobody could MAKE me talk to them if I did not feel comfortable with it.
• The other officer told me in a bellicose tone that I had better just cooperate.
• When Melissa, the two police officers, and I were walking out of Whitney House, Melissa tauntingly commented that I should bring something with me because I would not be returning to Whitney House again.
• Melissa told me with a castigatory demeanor that DYFS had just recently been made aware that I made statements claiming that sexual misconduct goes on at Somerset Homes. I know she lied about having just been made aware of that, because I made this known to DYFS for the first time over a year ago, and a man named Brandon from Institutional Abuse even came to interview me about it. I do not know what ever became of his investigation, but after he came to speak to me at the shelter where I was then living, he left and I stayed there only to suffer continued sexual harassment and molestation up until the time I moved to another shelter. Melissa continued in her castigatory manner to threaten me that I had better speak up about that now because DYFS would be taking me to the Somerset County Prosecutor's Office the following day to be interviewed regarding my allegations. I feel that she was trying to scare me into taking it back or saying that it was not true that I had been sexually harassed and molested over long periods of time in DYFS placements.
• They walked me over to the front of Passages, on the corner of North Bridge Street and Fourth Avenue, where the scene they made of putting me in the back of the police car was most conspicuous to standers-by. There were other kids my age standing outside pointing and staring at me as Officer Stone put me in the back of the police car, where I sat behind the metal caging that separated the front of the car from the hard, plastic seat on which I sat in the back. They treated me like some kind of criminal or dangerous person. I believe they did this intentionally to humiliate me and make me feel like less of a person. I feel that they were intentionally doing every thing they could to make me feel degraded and fearful. I already know from experience that this degrading and menacing abuse they do to me is their punitive response to my cries for help and attempts to stand up for myself. It is a clear pattern that every time I try to bring attention to the truth I am punished.
• At PES, I was required to remove all my clothing and put it in a bag that the hospital attendant took. I was given a hospital gown and socks to wear. I felt ten times more uncomfortable without my own clothes on, my bare body being covered by nothing more than a mere hospital gown. It made me feel vulnerable and imprisoned.
• I sat in a small, white sterile room the entire evening.
• A nurse took blood from my arm without being gentle at all. In fact, he was so rough with my arm that it ended up very bruised and swollen, as if a plum were growing out of my arm. The nurse refused my request that we wait until my friend arrived so that I could have someone I am comfortable with holding my hand while they took my blood.
• Melissa told me numerous times that it would not be possible to have anyone with me while she interviewed me. She was especially vehemently against Jim Harris getting involved in particular.
• While we were waiting for the screener to come in, Melissa tried to interview me in spite of the fact that I had already told her I would not answer any questions of hers until I had someone whom I trust present at the time of her questioning.
• During the time when we were waiting and she attempted to get me to talk to her, she told me that she is obligated to call both my mother and father to notify them of my intake at the hospital. She said this means she would need to speak with my dad as well, and she asked me for his phone number. I told her that I was bothered by the fact that they always seem to be in touch with my mother, they carry my file full of false documents around with them everywhere, but nowhere to be found is my father's number. Why do they always exclude my father? Melissa assured me that she would definitely be contacting him. Melissa never called my father. When my father called the hospital, Melissa and other DYFS workers who had arrived refused to even speak to him at all. He spoke with the screener, Bill. Bill argued with him and refused to give him any information about what they were doing to me.
• I asked Melissa to please just let my friend Iban visit, even if I would only be allowed a minute to hug him and see his face. Melissa said maybe. I kept asking until she said it would be okay. Melissa told me that the hospital attendants would tell me when any friend came to see me. Meanwhile, Melissa was going out to the main entrance area to the emergency room to tell three friends who had arrived out of concern for me that they had to leave. She even called the police on them, who also tried to intimidate my three friends into leaving. These friends stated that requiring them to leave the hospital would be a violation of their civil rights, and therefore, they stayed in the waiting area. Melissa never told me that my friends had been there. She did ask me randomly if I knew anyone by the name of "Vicky." Hoping this person had somehow found out where I was and contacted somebody, I decided to answer that question of hers even though nobody else was with us. I said yes, I do. She asked me who it was and how I knew them. I said that Vicky was a friend of mine. She asked if this person knew my father. I answered that it is not my place to discuss whom other people associate with nor was it any of Melissa's business to be asking. All she needed to know was if that person was a friend to me or not, and I had answered her question already.
• Iban, a very close friend who happened to be on leave for that week from the U.S. Marine Corps, managed to get himself in to see me after a handful of failed attempts. What made the difference was that he showed his Marine Corps identification card. An older hospital attendant who was short, skinny, had long straight, gray hair and big thick glasses that made him look all together like a high school math teacher right out of the 80's came in. He held up Iban's identification card and asked if I knew that person. I saw Iban's picture and said yes, immediately asking them to let him come in and see me. The 80's math teacher hospital attendant turned to Melissa and asked her if that would be okay. She said yes. The hospital asked her if she was sure two more times. I wanted to scream at that man for asking her so many times. I felt like he wanted her to say no! - like he didn't even see or care how much I needed to see a friendly face.
• Not long after Iban came in to sit with me, Melissa informed us that she received a phone call from her supervisor stating that Iban had to leave because his presence is a violation of HIPA. I later did some investigation as to the specifics of this HIPA Act, and this is what I found:
Today's date: Friday, April 20, 2007

On Thursday, April 12, 2007, I was terrorized and menaced by a DYFS worker named Melissa and two Bridgewater police officers at my current place of residence, a group home named Whitney House under Somerset Homes. I was taken in the back of the police car, behind that cage as if I were some kind of a criminal, to the Psychiatric Emergency Screening Center. As I have well learned, the misuse and misapplication of laws that were established to protect the rights of the People are all too often used by Somerset County to neutralize the rights of the People. In this grotesque example of the sinister and corrupt conduct of Somerset County Officials, they even go as far as to heartlessly do everything they can to manipulate and trick a minor child into feeling helpless and powerless in the midst of a sinister plan that effects the child's demise - which is the sick goal of these criminals.
Among the many violations of my rights, acts of abuse, and crimes that were committed against me that Thursday night exactly one week prior to today's date is the misapplication of HIPA (Health Information Privacy Act) by Melissa's supervisor. This law - meant to protect one of the most private and personal, and many times stressful, aspects of our lives - medical care - was twisted and contorted by DYFS that Thursday night to be misused and misapplied conveniently enough to their own benefit. Iban Goicoechea, a friend who happened to be on leave from the US Marine Corps last week, came to visit me and be with me for moral support at the Psychiatric Emergency Screening center that day. After spending a bit of time with me in the room where I was waiting with the DYFS worker (Melissa) for a screener to come in, Melissa informed us that she received a call from her supervisor instructing her that Iban had to leave because his presence there with me at the hospital was a violation of HIPA. I asked what HIPA is. Melissa gave a brief and very vague explanation that it was an Act for Patient's Privacy.
Today, I looked up this HIPA Act on the internet. I then found a phone number for the Saskatchewan College of Pharmacists which looked like it might be of some help. I spoke with a man named Ray Schuber, who told me that to the best of his knowledge a minor does have the right to exercise their HIPA rights at their own discretion. I asked him if I could find this stated officially in a document such as the actual HIPA document itself and where I might find such information. He referred me to the Office of Information and Privacy Commissioner. When I dialed that number, I spoke with a Gary Dickson, who I just found out is actually the Information and Privacy Commissioner himself after I "Googled" his name upon hanging up the phone with him. He informed me of the following:
- A minor absolutely still has the right to decide for themselves to whom their personal medical information will be released or not released.
- He said the situation with a minor (person under 18 years of age) is that the trustee (the medical caregiver, medication prescriber, - he said in my case it was the doctor taking care of me at the hospital on Thursday) has the responsibility to decide whether or not the patient is a "mature minor." Gary told me this is a kind of "silly term" considering that a 14 year old can be a mature minor in many cases while in some cases a 17 year old can still not be a mature minor. Gary summarized that the business about a mature minor simply meant that the trustee must make the decision that you are a mature minor who is capable of understanding the consequences of decisions to share or withhold medical information from others.
- Gary continued to inform me that if you are found to be a mature minor by the trustee, then you have the same rights as any adult. Gary told me that these rights include the right to insist on absolute privacy/that your medical information be shared with nobody, and the right to share it with whomever you choose.
- The whole point of the law is to ensure that an individual has control over their own medical information.
- If someone else were to tell that individual (the patient) that they could not make decisions regarding what they consider or do not consider an invasion of privacy, this would be doing the opposite of what the law is meant to do: give the patient control.
- Gary commented that they obviously must have found me to be a mature minor, and I answered that his thought was correct and they had found me to be mature.
- Gary then told me that because the trustee treating me found me to be a mature minor, that meant I absolutely had the right to exercise HIPA at my own discretion.
- This part of the HIPA Act can be found in the Surrogate Rule under HIPA. It is is in Section 56 Sub C, and states the following ver batem:
Exercise of Rights by Other Persons
56. Any right or power conferred on an individual by this act may be exercised by:
c) by an individual who is less than 18 years of age in situations where, in the opinion of the trustee, the individual understands the nature of the right or power and the consequences of exercising the right or power;
- Gary also gave me the URL address for his website: www.oipc.sk.ca
Clearly, DYFS was trying to use the HIPA laws as a weapon for their own benefit. They terrorized me before and after Iban left. When Iban was there, they were a lot more friendly in their demeanor. Clearly, his presence was making their goal to terrorize me and scare me into submission very much more difficult. So much so, that they resorted to the gross misuse of a good law like the HIPA act. Just as Gary Dickson pointed out, they were clearly using it to achieve the opposite of its intended purpose: to remove control from me, the patient. They do this to me constantly. DYFS and the Somerset County Court treat me like a vegetable - they insult my intelligence and ignore my maturity. They treat me like an animal or like an object. They do things to hurt me and tell me I'm wrong whenever I express my feelings about what they are doing to me. Step back and think, how that could be legal in even the farthest stretch of the imagination. It couldn't.
• The screener, Bill, came in and teased me about my father having called and not being able to do anything to help me or even get Bill to tell him what they were doing to me. Bill told me that my father had called and that he was asking too many questions. Bill said he didn't feel like answering any of my father's questions and therefore, he didin't. He told me that my father was all upset, and Bill said, "Ok, so? I don't care." Bill told me that my father said he would be calling the FBI and a lot of other people. Bill said that he didn't care about that either: "I told him, 'So? Call the FBI! I don't care. What's the FBI gonna do?' I'm just doing a job here, so I don't know why he's getting all upset and asking all these questions." I told Bill that it's because that's my father and he's worried because he knows they are doing horrible things to me, and he knows how corrupt this is because the FBI is doing an investigation on it. I told Bill that furthermore, the fact alone that he is my father and he is worried gives him every right to call and ask all the questions he wants, and more importantly have those questions answered. Bill leaned back, crossed his arms and shrugged his shoulders as he said, "So? I don't care. You think it makes any difference to me that he's your father? We're doing a job here. He's not the one in charge here. I don't care who he calls." I feel that Bill was trying to upset me more and make me flustered and more scared by telling me that my father can't help me and that these people from DYFS and the hospital could do whatever they wanted to me. He made it very clear by the countless times he said "I don't care," that he wanted me to know that my father couldn't save me or protect me from the plans they had for me.
• Bill asked me a list of questions that were insulting to me and frightening, because they made me feel that I was seriously being treated like an insane person. Some of the questions were if I ever felt people in the TV are personally talking to me or telling me to do things, if I see things that other people don't see, if I hear voices in my head or talk to people that aren't really there, etc.
• While Bill was questioning me, Melissa tried interjecting with her own questions. One was "Why do you feel that your father cares about you and your mother doesn't?" I told her to please stop trying to maneuver her way into getting to question me without anyone I trusted present. Bill clearly had a list of questions in front of him to ask me and I would not answer any other questions, because Melissa has no right to arbitrarily add questions and pretend they are from Bill's sheet so that I will answer them.
• Bill told me even though I passed the first examination/questioning without any reason for them to hold me or say there was anything wrong with me. However, they told me that they decided they wanted to have me do a TV interview with a psychiatrist anyway. I reminded them that they told me I only needed to be checked by the screener and if he found nothing wrong in his evaluation of me then they could not keep me there and I would get to leave. They said they still wanted the psychiatrist to do the TV interview with me because they were not satisfied with the results they got from Bill's evaluation.
• A while later, Bill eventually came in and told me that they had changed their decision about the psychiatrist and it turned out that I would not need to see the psychiatrist and that I was good to go. I later found out that at about that same time the FBI had come and spoken to the people dealing with me there at the hospital. This must be why they changed their tune like that and let me go, because they made it crystal clear to me that I would not get to leave as long as it was up to them.
• Melissa left me alone in the hospital room for the majority of the time we were there.
• Three friends who were waiting outside were kicked out of the hospital multiple times by DYFS (Melissa and other DYFS workers who came to meet up with her), Bill the screener at PES, and even the police. These friends told me they felt threatened and harassed by these people. It was a violation of civil rights.
• Melissa refused to inform me that these support people were even there at all, but she did randomly say one of their names to me and ask me if I knew that person. She continued to ask me how I knew that person and if they knew my father/were a friend of my father's.
• Melissa even had us leave through some back way out of the hospital where we had to take many small corridors. It seemed very odd. Later I discovered that it was to keep me from seeing my friends who had been waiting outside for me all that time, and continued waiting for me nearly 2 full hours after I left.
• Before we left, Melissa asked Bill for a copy of the interview he conducted on me for his evaluation and any other documents containing information on my visit that night and his evaluation. She said she wanted it for her records. Bill agreed to give them to her. I asked for my own copies of all the same documents as well, for my own personal medical records. Bill refused to give me any.
When we were leaving, Melissa had two Hospital Security guards escort us out that back way through the corridors all the way out to her car. I thought this was strange,
too.

Posted by: Lawrence Ray | April 26, 2007 01:53 AM

Why doesn't the house of Representatives impeach him? There's a Democratic majority, and a bunch of Republicans would likely go along with it.

Posted by: silentcal | April 26, 2007 02:35 PM

gonzo is part of the skull and clone frat club led by Bush... now go home america

Posted by: domga | April 26, 2007 05:52 PM

Bill O`Who?

Posted by: Bill MacLeod | April 28, 2007 01:10 PM

Why aren't the Democrats working together to impeach this whole crooked administration and restore the rule of law to our country?

Gonzo and Bush are still hard at work removing our Rights and shredding our Constitution. Our time is running out, the Democrats are failing to take a stand and do the right thing, it is now up to us, the voters to once again take a stand.

Write your Congressman, support the protests, vote for new competent parties to replace both of these bought of by special interest group parties. Boycott the major parties!

We need responsible government that represents the people and obeys our Constitution and laws. Both of the current Major Parties are clearly corrupt beyond repair. We the voters, still have the power,....at least for now anyways. Isn't time for a REAL CHANGE?

VOTE: But please study all the candidates on the ballot and start voting for whom you want rather than the lesser of two evils. Typically, the ones without money to advertise are the ones that haven't sold out to Oil and other special interest groups and would actually try to represent us for a change. Think about it!

We got no one to blame but ourselves. We need to think outside the *two-party* box if we really want our government and freedoms back.

Posted by: FixitJ | April 30, 2007 12:56 PM

:) Hi everybody! Does anybody know what is Soma? What a shirt? I go crazy about this!
I found it here:
[url=http://xanax.rxwiki.info/cheap-xanax.html]cheap xanax[/url]
[url=http://soma.rxwiki.info/buy-cheap-soma.html]buy cheap soma[/url]

Posted by: ElnPoBCune | May 4, 2007 12:22 PM

:) Hi everybody! Does anybody know what is propecia? What a shirt? I go crazy about this!
I found it here:
[url=http://propecia.rxwiki.info/cheap-propecia.html]cheap propecia[/url]
[url=http://propecia.rxwiki.info/buy-cheap-propecia.html]buy cheap propecia[/url]

Posted by: propBESTr | May 6, 2007 02:29 AM

Best Flowers for GirlFriend. Lokk here
[url=http://yourflowerfarm.info/flower]Flowers[/url]
[url=http://yourflowerfarm.info/flower/flowertucci.html]flower tucci[/url]

Posted by: ksnhrfdf | May 8, 2007 11:21 PM

yrqzhope ztxgylaie hudjpsw evpctgnm ztfovmkg jkqedlwi qyibd

Posted by: txbd ousn | May 12, 2007 08:37 AM

xvbez xcmrb ucsawovzh jnyvgorsw rujkbf qcuv hekwmuiyv http://www.vqnricl.eazmky.com

Posted by: mozq cxdbpivwn | May 12, 2007 08:37 AM