Posted at 10:43 AM ET, 05/19/2006

The Brangelina Baby Name Game

By Liz Kelly

Jolie with the "Today Show's" Ann Curry in April. (AP/NBC News)

With a rumored due date of May 18, baby Brangelina could arrive any minute now. Hordes of paparazzi are in place outside the Namibian compound where soon-to-be parents Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt plan to welcome the bundle of joy. It's likely they'll keep the newborn away from telephoto lenses since they reportedly pre-sold the first pix of the baby to Us Weekly for 2.6 million pounds (with the money reportedly going to UNICEF).

A few weeks back, it was rumored that Jolie plans to name the baby -- boy or girl -- "Africa" in honor of the place so beloved by mom and dad. Though I understand the sentimental gesture inherent in the name, I would like Brad and Angie to consider some alternatives. Africa is a wonderful name... for a continent. But when it comes to a child, well, it'll work just as well as "Moon Unit" or "Dweezil" or "Kick Me" when it comes to playground taunting.

With that in mind, I thought we could avoid lobbing more empty criticism into the celeb-o-sphere by crafting a list of possible alternate names for baby Jolie-Pitt. Something that will perhaps fit in well with older siblings Maddox and Zahara.

Include your suggestions in the comments section. The name and the reasoning behind it would be swell. Do your part and I'll do my darndest to get this to the Jolie-Pitts, or at least one of their publicists' assistant's assistant.

I'll start:

Seven: Not only is it a sacred number for several religions, but a tribute to the freaky serial killer thriller Brad starred in back in the day. Though ex Gwyneth Paltrow co-starred, didn't she? And the name was the butt of a "Seinfeld" joke. Well, maybe you'll have better luck.

By Liz Kelly  | May 19, 2006; 10:43 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Heather Locklear, David Spade Split Up
Next: Morning Mix: Axl, Hilfiger Scuffle at New York Club

Comments

How about the new and popular, Neveah?
Although it may be Heaven spelled backwards, it sounds like a cold cream you buy at a drug store.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 19, 2006 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Aniston Jolie Pitt -- I think the names Maddox, Zahara and Aniston work well together and maybe Jennifer A. will take it as a sign of good will from her ex and his new squeeze.

Posted by: smurf | May 19, 2006 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Rain. Or Reyn.

Posted by: Mr. Cranky | May 19, 2006 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Would that make the baby's name: Africa Pitts? Elementary school will be hell (or the pits, as it were).

Posted by: Bored ... | May 19, 2006 11:08 AM | Report abuse

How about Peach or Cherry for a girl, a la Paltrow, or Ahrm for a boy? hehehe I've been wondering when she was gonna pop that puppy out, though. But since he's Midwestern and she's...not, I think a standard first name and an exotic middle name would be cool. She did great naming the first two, so I can't wait to find out what they decide.

Posted by: Denise | May 19, 2006 11:12 AM | Report abuse

There's an Irish girls name, Aifric, that would work. It's pronounced Af-ric (just like Africa without the "a" at the end). It means Africa in Irish but I've also heard that it has another meaning as Gaeilge.

Posted by: An Dliodoir | May 19, 2006 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Since Maddox and Zahara include the letters X and Z why not go for a name with a Y? How about Yolli (Yolli Joli Pitt!), Yasna, Yasmin, Ybar or Ynot!
I hope they have a healthy baby and the vultures (paparazzi) give them some space!

Posted by: Mia | May 19, 2006 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Billy Bob Brad

Posted by: Anonymous | May 19, 2006 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Instead of Africa how about Kenya, Narobi,Ivory (Pitt) naah!

Posted by: Ms. "D" | May 19, 2006 11:24 AM | Report abuse

If it's a girl, Jennifer.

If it's a boy, Aniston.

Twins? Billy Bob.

Posted by: David Raether | May 19, 2006 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Maya?

Posted by: Nana | May 19, 2006 11:41 AM | Report abuse

"Hollywood"

And I don't think Moon Unit and Dweezil had many problems on the playground. Mr. Zappa passed his well-documented rapier wit on to his children at an early age.

Posted by: Bolden | May 19, 2006 11:49 AM | Report abuse

J.P. (for Jolie-Pitt),
or Sala -- prayer in Swahili.

Posted by: Mrs. Mom | May 19, 2006 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Africa doesn't seem too bad to me. It's sort of in the Asia/India mold. But the last name is really the pitts. Maybe Brad should change his last name to Jolie?

Posted by: OB | May 19, 2006 11:57 AM | Report abuse

How about WHO CARES ? They are having a baby, not curing cancer or saving the world. Although their humanitarian efforts are commendable, they are only noticable because they happen to be movie stars. What about all the people that dedicate their lives to helping others? Should we be naming their babies?

Posted by: MoFo | May 19, 2006 12:07 PM | Report abuse

How about Victoria! or Victor! Simple, sophisticated or charismatic - nothing complicated and easily spoken. Victoria Jolie/Pitt or Victor Jolie/Pitt! Can't argue with that!!!

Posted by: Victoria | May 19, 2006 12:07 PM | Report abuse

How about Ashanti? That's the name of an African tribe. Or Dahomey, the ancient African kingdom?

Posted by: hmm | May 19, 2006 12:09 PM | Report abuse

If she's going to name the kid after a continent, or some other land mass, I've always felt "Eurasia" would be nice and reasonably unisexual.

"Antarctica" does not appeal to me, however. Too cold.

Posted by: ogden, utah | May 19, 2006 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Fred

Posted by: BLH | May 19, 2006 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Africa is just fine.

Posted by: Frankey | May 19, 2006 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Sand Pitt. It perfectly merges the cultures of northern Africa (desert) and big business (golf courses).

Posted by: Silver Spring | May 19, 2006 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Blanche.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 19, 2006 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Name the baby "Who Cares"

Who really cares about their stupid kid.

Posted by: Who Cares | May 19, 2006 12:28 PM | Report abuse

It's obvious that she should name her child Siam, or Congo, or perhaps Peking.

Posted by: Thailand | May 19, 2006 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Numidia
Dido (Queen of Carthage)
Hannibal (another Carthaginian)
Hamilcar Barca

I could also see them going for something like Mandela.

Posted by: or how about | May 19, 2006 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Follow Prince's lead and name the kid after some unpronouncable glyph or Saharan Click Language sounds

Posted by: Nick | May 19, 2006 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Holly Jolie.

Great at Christmastime.

Posted by: Bo | May 19, 2006 12:38 PM | Report abuse

How about 'Mnara'(pronounced M-NA-RA) meaning lighthouse in swahili?

Posted by: Sue | May 19, 2006 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Maybe they'll go WAY out on a limb and go with "Jane" if a girl or "John" if a boy. That would really make them stand out in Hollywood!

Posted by: hmm | May 19, 2006 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Papparazzi Pitt

Posted by: here's one | May 19, 2006 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Some friends of mine are naming their upcoming baby girl "Pippa". I think Pippa Pitt has a ring to it.

Posted by: jsb | May 19, 2006 12:42 PM | Report abuse

how about Homewrecker...

Posted by: heather | May 19, 2006 12:43 PM | Report abuse

How about "The Desert Fox Jolie Pitt"?

Or Gandawandaland?

Posted by: d-money | May 19, 2006 12:43 PM | Report abuse

How about Lulu since that is what the parents are.

If it is a boy I agree with Fred. Never met a Fred I didn't like.

Posted by: Annandale | May 19, 2006 12:44 PM | Report abuse

"I Jet Pilot"- A nice anagram of the child's last name "Jolie-Pitt."

Actually, the child's full name will be "Africa Toto," and is in fact in honor of the #1 pop song and band of 1983.

Posted by: Basil Valentine | May 19, 2006 12:46 PM | Report abuse

How about a name that comes from Namibia, or at least Southern or Western Africa. I always find the use of Swahili names and words among African Americans to be quite interesting, considering that the majority of African Americans came from West Africa, while Swahili is a language spoken primarily in East Africa - a trading language based in Bantu, Arabic and English. I am sure there are beautiful words in Oshivambo, Herero, Nama or any of the other Namibian indigenous languages. I won't even start on the American holiday of Kwanzaa, which presumes to celebrate our history using words and symbols from a culture that was never, for most of us, ours (again - most AA's came from West Africa, not East). Back to the baby, though, Africa just seems a bit boring as a name - I would expect more from Angelina.

Posted by: Sailor | May 19, 2006 12:51 PM | Report abuse

WhoCares

Posted by: Misnomer | May 19, 2006 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Brad for a boy; Lena for a girl.. With all else this family faces keep it simple.

Posted by: Karli | May 19, 2006 12:54 PM | Report abuse

In honor of the first poster to ask who cares, "Mofo." For either sex.

Posted by: Tom Canick | May 19, 2006 12:58 PM | Report abuse

If it is a girl, Selam
It menans peace in Ethiopian language Amharic.
If it is a boy, Belay
It means above all in Ethiopian language Amharic.

Posted by: Addis | May 19, 2006 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Cherrie -- a Nevaeh-worthy twist of Cherry for Pitt and Cherie for Jolie.

Cherrie Jolie Pitt. Yeah.

And if it's a boy--Chad, obviously. Subtly African with cool, hanging, almost Tarzanesque undertones.

Posted by: T.L. | May 19, 2006 1:04 PM | Report abuse

How about "Pangea", or "Gondwanaland", which were the names of the African continent before Pangea spit up. If she really wants to get back to "root" of Africa, maybe one of the above names would be more appropriate.

Posted by: jpbreeze | May 19, 2006 1:14 PM | Report abuse

I love all the people who come on with the 'Who cares?' comments, yet they care to enough to read the story, then post a comment on it. These are the same people who says 'Who Cares?!?!' while tossing that copy of US Weekly into their shopping carts. Lighten up...jeez...

How about William Bradley Pitt, Jr. for a boy?

Posted by: What? | May 19, 2006 1:17 PM | Report abuse

If we are going with an African theme my vote is for Mufasa.

I can't express the amount of joy I would find, if Brad found a giant rock to hold his kid out and present it to the world.

Posted by: Buster | May 19, 2006 1:19 PM | Report abuse

How about Robert Paulson?

Posted by: Ha | May 19, 2006 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Ananda? Swahili for "the joy in existence without which life is not worth living."

Posted by: How about | May 19, 2006 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Come on where is the love for Mufasa?

MU-FA-SA, MU-FA-SA, MU-FA-SA, MUFASA!!!

Posted by: Buster | May 19, 2006 1:25 PM | Report abuse

His name is Robert Paulson! His name is Robert Paulson!

Posted by: Ha | May 19, 2006 1:33 PM | Report abuse

If its a girl, from the book/movie Born Free, a true story where a couple raised an orphaned lion cub in Africa, and the problems they faced, eventually having to train her to live on her own in the wild.

Posted by: Elsa | May 19, 2006 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Anuhea, Hawaiian for cool soft fragrance, as of the upland forests. It's pronounced Ah-new-hay-ah. If they are going to go for something exotic, then this is great.

Posted by: Me | May 19, 2006 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Something exotic and tropical indeed...how about "Diarrhea"?

Posted by: Para | May 19, 2006 1:44 PM | Report abuse

I got this of a website (http://www.namibian.com.na/Netstories/Ops5-99/hangula.htm)

"Angaleni is the name given to a girl to tell the people to be on the alert"

Posted by: Ro | May 19, 2006 1:50 PM | Report abuse

How about Kesi - Swahili for born when father was in trouble? While this game is fun, why is there so much attention to this baby?

Posted by: DJ | May 19, 2006 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Snake is logical. Snke Pitt!!! or
Money HA! see my logic the there are numerous other names that flow with pitt;
Garbage, Sewer, Olive, and on and on .. However if the last name is going to be Jolie .... Then the un-wed couple is on their own!

Posted by: Pattye | May 19, 2006 2:01 PM | Report abuse

How about naming the kid "Thank You For Making Me More Famous And Getting Me Into The Papers"

honestly....who cares?????

Posted by: Anonymous | May 19, 2006 2:05 PM | Report abuse

How about the Swaheli equivalent to the following:

"Precious love wonderful glorious special beautiful waterfall butterfly peace flowers special wonder baby"

Posted by: Ha | May 19, 2006 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Soleil Lips Fried

Posted by: Tommer | May 19, 2006 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Nubia - the land of the ancient Nubians located beyond Aswan on the upper Nile. This empire once rivaled Ancient Egypt in strength and power. I think it's an appropriate name for the offspring of Hollywood's megacouple ... and Nubia Pitt doesn't sound as bad as the alternative.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 19, 2006 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Bastard: an illegitimate child---not the child's fault...

Posted by: Troy | May 19, 2006 2:32 PM | Report abuse

"Africa is a wonderful name... for a continent. But when it comes to a child, well, it'll work just as well as "Moon Unit" or "Dweezil" or "Kick Me" when it comes to playground taunting."

Playground taunting? The issue of Pitt/Jolie will suffer from playground taunting? I think not.

Posted by: Flavius Bocephus | May 19, 2006 2:35 PM | Report abuse

As long as the child is to be named after a continent, it should be Antarctica. That way, if the child has siblings, when they have children it would be Aunt Antarctica.

Posted by: Antarctica | May 19, 2006 2:35 PM | Report abuse

How about Collagen Jolie-Pitt? Call her "Lips" for short.

Posted by: Soured | May 19, 2006 2:38 PM | Report abuse

How about ARM Pitt?

Posted by: Sundance | May 19, 2006 2:46 PM | Report abuse

I like the following

Cash
Ambassador (pronounced UM-bassa-DOR)

But whatever it is or named, in the words of one comedian, when it turns 18 years old, I'm going to marry it.

Posted by: x cap girl | May 19, 2006 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Loved the idea of Mufasa.

Say it again, say it again. Gives me the chills every time!

I want to see that rock presentation. Seriously.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 19, 2006 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Afrique...did someone suggest that? Break that down "A-Freak" that would be disasterous for the poor child, who is destined to be no where near as beautiful as the parents (Please see Jamie Lee Curtis for proof of the above).

Posted by: MaybeBaby | May 19, 2006 2:56 PM | Report abuse

And I forgot to mention, my vote is with Mufasa!

Posted by: MaybeBaby | May 19, 2006 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Yma - like my cat named after Yma Sumac.

Posted by: Todd | May 19, 2006 3:00 PM | Report abuse

How don't know why she acting like she is the only or will-be mother in the world. I use to like her before she became with child, now its like she is the queen oooooooooooooh listen to her and Brad. Please could someone tell her to put a lid on it who cares what she name her baby, and I'm pretty sure that Jennifer Aniston doesn't care either. Brad and Jennifer should hae had a baby. I like Jennifer she is holding herself really good considered of all the attention on Brad and his Angelina.

Posted by: Sonya Menefee | May 19, 2006 3:02 PM | Report abuse

If it's a boy: Wilbur
If it's a girl: Winifred

If you're going to curse your kids with a messed up name, those two will certainly qualify.

Posted by: PDQ | May 19, 2006 3:11 PM | Report abuse

I also loved the MUFASA suggestion!
Thanks for a good Fri afternoon laugh.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 19, 2006 3:12 PM | Report abuse

I like:
NANGILA: Kenyan name meaning "born while the parents were traveling."

Posted by: Ayomide | May 19, 2006 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Mick Jagger, Jr.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 19, 2006 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Have we forgotten that they are NOT African? I went to Jamaica once, that doesnt mean I am naming my kid Montego Bay.

Posted by: ?? | May 19, 2006 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Future historians will look back at this generation and wonder how we lost our minds when it came to naming children.

Maddox? Zahara? Africa?

What's the goal? To choose a name that few or no other person would name their child? If that's the goal, how about Exxon?

Lord knows they couldn't possibly name the baby something normal like Brad or Angelina. That would doom the child for sure.

I got it. I got it. Name the kid after me Figwort Hatwig.

Posted by: Figwort Hatwig | May 19, 2006 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Africa is clearly the wrong continent.

How about Euthan Asia?

Posted by: Blogdor | May 19, 2006 3:56 PM | Report abuse

How about "Stunt" because it is only about the "Publicity" for Mommy and Daddy.

Posted by: publicist-not | May 19, 2006 4:10 PM | Report abuse

How about Bobsled?

or Dingle?

or Fishdance?

or Carbon-dating?

or Knuckles?

or Chili-baby Stink-bottom...

...but for heaven's sake not Steve or Mary!

Posted by: Weeeee! | May 19, 2006 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Wouldn't giving the kid a traditional African boy's name or girl's name be even more pro-African than naming the kid a traditional African continent's name or country's name?

Posted by: Mindy | May 19, 2006 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Ananda is sanskrit, not Swahili. But I've always liked that name (I read that book, too).

Posted by: To How About? | May 19, 2006 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Talluvis. This is a name my SO and I contrived out of Tallulah and Elvis, in honor of two outrageous people (Bankhead and Presley). I always tell him that if we publicized it, someone would like it and use it! It's androgynous and is not part of the food pyramid.

Posted by: Lucha from Lansing | May 19, 2006 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Gosh you guys are mean. I say name it Xavia. Cause I like that name.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 19, 2006 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Thor. Because the world simply needs more kids named Thor.

Although I really liked the suggestion of Hamilcar Barca.

If they insist on a name with "Africa" in it, how about a really Classical classic name -- Scipio Africanus Jolie Pitt. Skippy, on the playground.

Posted by: Tim | May 19, 2006 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Dick, hehe.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 19, 2006 4:49 PM | Report abuse

People actually answer this question? No wonder this country is in such a mess. Who cares???????

Posted by: Ken | May 19, 2006 4:52 PM | Report abuse

THOR??

thanks Tim - you mad eme laugh out loud. A perfect way to start the weekend.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 19, 2006 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Mean?

What's meaner: poking fun at the idiot names celebs give their kids or naming your kid "Apple" ?

It comes off like a PR stunt: look at my new hairstyle; look at my new husband; look at my new baby, Onomatopoeia.

I suppose if you're a big enough star, you can hire a bodyguard to keep kids from pelting your Apple with apples.

Props to Brad and Angelina for donating the $2.6 mil to UNICEF though. That's terrific!

Posted by: Anonymous | May 19, 2006 5:09 PM | Report abuse

Chili baby stink-bottom got a laugh out of me! Thanks, Weeee!

Posted by: Maia | May 19, 2006 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Girl or boy, call the kid Trailer Trash. Not only does Trailer Trash Pitt have a nice ring to it, but it's a place, just like Africa. Also, if Brad and Angelina weren't gorgeous, trailer trash is probably what they'd be.

As an alternative, call it Oscar -- the only way Brad will ever hold one.

Posted by: mdbdotcom | May 19, 2006 5:20 PM | Report abuse

Just wanted to say I knew a girl named Africa in high school (pronounced af-REEK-ah) and she seemed proud of her name.

Posted by: SLC | May 19, 2006 5:24 PM | Report abuse

America!

Posted by: Buckwheat | May 19, 2006 5:55 PM | Report abuse

Ran into a woman in Office Depot named Latrina (pronounced la-TREE-na).

Didn't her parents watch M*A*S*H?

Posted by: Anonymous | May 19, 2006 5:56 PM | Report abuse

How 'bout Oedipus?

Posted by: Lite | May 19, 2006 6:09 PM | Report abuse

How about "Kilamanjolie?"

Posted by: laura | May 19, 2006 6:12 PM | Report abuse

Stop all this prattle. I've got it:

"Sue" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Joe | May 19, 2006 6:38 PM | Report abuse

name her: Redsea for a girl
name him: Caspian for a boy

Posted by: some one | May 19, 2006 6:50 PM | Report abuse

Since I'm from Missouri, like Brad...how about "Show Me What You and Mom Were Thinking?". I pity the kid.

Posted by: Steve | May 19, 2006 7:47 PM | Report abuse

Safari for either boy or girl.

Posted by: peanut | May 19, 2006 8:07 PM | Report abuse

George W Pitt. Jeb would work, too.

Posted by: UJ | May 19, 2006 8:15 PM | Report abuse

Uxolo - which is Zulu for "excuse me."

Posted by: Steve | May 19, 2006 8:23 PM | Report abuse

SHE WAS QUEEN OF BABYLONIA

Posted by: SEMIRAMIS | May 19, 2006 8:43 PM | Report abuse

SEMIRAMIS

Posted by: YOLOPATLI | May 19, 2006 8:44 PM | Report abuse

Afreaka,Afluenzah,Peach, Pitt

Posted by: aussiebones | May 19, 2006 9:46 PM | Report abuse

Afreako...if a boy

Posted by: aussiebones | May 19, 2006 9:47 PM | Report abuse

I went to school with a Penny Nickle and a Goldie Lock. No kidding. They were miserable. How about...Iitty Bitty Pitt,
for a girl or for a boy Jacques Jolie (That frenchyfied thang)and because it sounds cool.

OF COURSE,my favorite is Peach Pie Pitt. Then they can call the baby 3Pee-Jolie!!

Posted by: jacquie | May 19, 2006 10:09 PM | Report abuse

Citronella, or Nella for short.

Posted by: Likes Candles | May 19, 2006 10:10 PM | Report abuse

I suggest Narcissus in honor of all the self-absorbed

Posted by: Walter Willy | May 19, 2006 10:20 PM | Report abuse

PQ Minton

Posted by: America | May 19, 2006 10:24 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, screwed that up. I think she should name her baby "America".

Posted by: PQ Minton | May 19, 2006 10:25 PM | Report abuse

Plain and simple, boy or girl: Pawn

Posted by: John | May 20, 2006 12:04 AM | Report abuse

Pitt, S. Burgh - the S. is for Steeler.
Okay, you can tell where I'm from.
Once I once knew someone named Maryland Virginia.

Posted by: RealNamesOnly | May 20, 2006 12:17 AM | Report abuse

Razi - Boy - Secret

Popular Names For Boy:

Ethan, Samuel, Xavier, Amir

Popular Names for Girl:

Sera (Sara), Sierra, Gabriela, Lydia, Kiara

Posted by: DC Lioness | May 20, 2006 1:21 AM | Report abuse

Angelina and Brad: I once knew a lovely girl named "Afkee." Such a name would allow you to say it was picked to remind you of "Africa." The subtle alliteration gives you a story instead of making the name a story and your child a billboard.

Posted by: A-Barb | May 20, 2006 6:12 AM | Report abuse

How about "Overhyped Offspring Of Overindulgant Parental Set" or OOOOPS!?

Posted by: Charles | May 20, 2006 4:46 PM | Report abuse

RE: "Sweetums, I know Africa's a funny name, but Mummy and Daddy need for you to be extra nice to Africa because Daddy needs that "keygrip"job we discussed yesterday."

Flavius...we all know there's no way Jolie/Pitt's little production is going to be hanging anywhere near a grip's kid...or anyone else below the line! Now a shooter's kid, maybe...LOL

Posted by: Charles | May 20, 2006 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Smelly

Posted by: Namer | May 21, 2006 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Ciao Smelly

Posted by: niko | May 21, 2006 7:01 PM | Report abuse

how about "DigBuckinFeal"?

Question: does the kid get auomatic Namibian citizenship

Posted by: bigolpoofter | May 22, 2006 11:50 AM | Report abuse

The kid should be named Jon Voigt (sp?) after the proud(?) grandpa.

Speaking on the subject of bad names, a friend of mine went to high school with a kid named Justin Time. And my father went to high school with twin girls who had a last name that is also a derogatory word for a woman, only their last name started with a K. Now, those are some bad names

Posted by: McLean | May 22, 2006 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Ack! Eureka! Brangelina's baby can be named Barbero!

Posted by: bigolpoofter | May 22, 2006 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Why not MUFASATEGO or MUFASATEGA.
A little bit of Africa with a dash of Jamaica.

Posted by: JustMe | May 22, 2006 1:24 PM | Report abuse

It means butterfly in Persian.

Posted by: Parvaneh | May 22, 2006 1:55 PM | Report abuse

It means butterfly in Persian.

Posted by: Parvaneh | May 22, 2006 1:56 PM | Report abuse

I think Stu is the only appropriate choice...

Stu Pitt

That says it all

Posted by: Pete Zahutt | May 22, 2006 2:11 PM | Report abuse

How about B. Ariel Pitt?

Posted by: rHairing | May 22, 2006 3:20 PM | Report abuse

I think PQ Minton is the best one I've seen so far.

Posted by: Max | May 22, 2006 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Jolie as a first name. Pitt as the last name.

Posted by: Laura | May 22, 2006 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Who 'bout

"Whogivesa" Pitt

Posted by: Truth B Told | May 22, 2006 6:28 PM | Report abuse

How is it no one's added Harry Pitt? Harry Aaron Pitt. Sounds bad, but they're real names.

Posted by: too easy | May 22, 2006 6:30 PM | Report abuse

From Spain: What about Antonia? Very typical...ole toros paella

Posted by: Cris | May 24, 2006 5:34 AM | Report abuse

Africa is quite a common name in Spain, even my best friend's aunt was named Africa about 50 years ago, so if they think they are going to be original... think again!

Posted by: Elisabeth | May 24, 2006 9:05 AM | Report abuse

Happy Camel offesets the "bad feelings" generated in Madd Ox, while giving a positive image that enhances the desert-ish word, Zahara.

Posted by: doesitmatter | May 24, 2006 10:46 AM | Report abuse

"Happy Camel"... oh, you made my day with that one! The best name yet!

Posted by: Me | May 24, 2006 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Austrailia if it's a girl. Europe if it's a boy. No, that would be silly.

Posted by: Eric | May 24, 2006 5:14 PM | Report abuse

i got a new baby tattoo pitt-jolie

[i know how angelina loves those tattoos.]

Posted by: Renee | May 24, 2006 8:05 PM | Report abuse

sPittule

Posted by: Anonymous | May 25, 2006 2:59 PM | Report abuse

My daughters name is already antarctica

Posted by: Antarctica | June 8, 2006 3:38 AM | Report abuse

Peach Pitt, isn't that cute!!!

Posted by: Peach | July 3, 2006 5:03 PM | Report abuse