Posted at 11:05 AM ET, 10/25/2006

Celebrity Halloween Costume Help

By Liz Kelly

You realize, I hope, that Halloween is the perfect excuse to dress like a celebrity? It is your chance to release your inner [insert celeb's name here] without making a complete jack-o-lantern of yourself. I'm still figuring out my costume, but here are a few helpful sites for anyone else out there hoping to work a little transformation:

Mr. Liz models Forbes' Borat mask. (Photo by Liz Kelly for washingtonpost.com)

-- Who will the top pop culture costumes of 2006 be? AOL suggests Mel Gibson, Taylor Hicks and Mariah Carey to the mix.

-- Forbes.com provides handy printable masks of celebs like Borat, Lindsay Lohan, Katie Couric, Mark Foley (eeks) and more. Just print, pop out a couple eye holes and attach with a string.

-- Retrocrush provides a gallery of the worst costumes of all time. I include this to ward everyone away from the Gabe-Kaplan-in-a-Box costume.

-- On the market for a couples costume?

When you're ready, submit pictures of yourself dressed as your favorite star to People.com. They'll post their top choices on Oct. 31.

What's your pick for top celebrity Halloween costume for 2006?

By Liz Kelly  | October 25, 2006; 11:05 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Pop Culture
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: TomKat Set Wedding Date; Who is Jayden James?
Next: Morning Mix: Naomi Campbell Detained on Assault Charge

Comments

Gabe Kaplan in a box doesn't make it past my gov't servers.

I read it too fast anyways. I thought it was Gabe Kapler in a box. Which would have been nicer, though slightly less celebrity-esque.

Posted by: Oops | October 25, 2006 11:04 AM | Report abuse

We were going as a family - Kfed, Pregnant trashy Britney and Sean Preston (I'm not pregnant but haven't quite lost the baby weight).

But then we heard there are two otehr Brit and KFed couples. So I'm back to square one.

Posted by: M | October 25, 2006 11:19 AM | Report abuse

The Geico Cavemen will be out in force this year.

"I'd like the roast duck with the mango salsa."

Posted by: Leopold Stotch | October 25, 2006 11:22 AM | Report abuse

I also thought it said "Gabe Kaplar." That would have been eye candy for the rest of the day. *sigh* A girl can dream, though.

Posted by: StuckinCT | October 25, 2006 11:26 AM | Report abuse

I saw this at Target--an easy costume and lots of fun. Of course I'm not sure if kids these days would get it.

Posted by: lchs | October 25, 2006 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Speaking of Taylor Hicks.......where is he?

Posted by: snoootty | October 25, 2006 12:15 PM | Report abuse

I'll be spending my halloween as Dog The Bounty Hunter.

Posted by: BF | October 25, 2006 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Darn, when the page was first loading I thought that Borat mask was Gene Weingarten. I am soooooo disappointed I won't be able to trick-or-treat as Gene.

Posted by: KiKi | October 25, 2006 12:49 PM | Report abuse

How about Mark Foley, handing out sheets of paper (Congressional pages) with overly-friendly email messages on them?

Like,

"Helloooo!!!!!"

"Proud to meet you!"

"Have a nice day!"

Posted by: Tuchas | October 25, 2006 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Taylor Hicks is recording his new CD. It will be available on December 5th and his solo tour will start in Feburary. He is scheduled to be on a lot of talk shows in the next two months, to promote his CD... including OPRAH!

Posted by: Lori | October 30, 2006 4:56 PM | Report abuse

I found the list of the shows Taylor Hicks will be on in the next two months:

Access Hollywood