Posted at 7:43 AM ET, 05/ 9/2008

Morning Mix: Report -- La Lohan Dumped From Manson Movie

By Liz Kelly
Friday

Headlines: Alec Baldwin hints at run for public office... Nick Cannon says he and new bride Mariah Carey are "eternally 12 years old", shows off blingy wedding band... Paris Hilton sporting new diamond ring, gift from boyfriend Benji Madden... Liv Tyler separates from husband... Bret Michaels totally rocks Sarah Larson and George Clooney's world... John Mayer sends mixed messages... Jessica Alba competes in online staring contest (video)... Lancome sues former spokesmodel Uma Thurman.

Pics: Josh Brolin as George W. Bush... Mischa Barton rocks headband, leggings and high-top sneaks... Britney Spears on "How I Met Your Mother."

Crime Watch: Foxy Brown pleads guilty to phone assault.

Rumor Mill: Lindsay Lohan let go from Manson film; spotted downing tequila at Hollywood hotel... Heather Mills in talks to compete on "Celebrity Apprentice"... Angelina Jolie expecting twin girls, says tabloid... TomKat ready for baby no. 2... Jeremy Piven and Pink get close on Hollywood dance floor.

Say What?
"I worked on her first series, and when I met her she said, 'You're really good looking, why don't you take me out behind the stage and make me stink.'" -- George Clooney recounts his first meeting with Roseanne Barr

By Liz Kelly  | May 9, 2008; 7:43 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Highbrow: The Dumbing Down of Barbara Walters
Next: 'Lost' Dueling Analysis: Cabin Fever

Comments

Clooney quote about Roseanne - I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Posted by: Eww | May 9, 2008 8:35 AM | Report abuse

i'm sure the stuff about linsey is all fake. she's a gr8 role model for all of us. the paparazi are just out 2 get her.

Posted by: dina rulez | May 9, 2008 8:46 AM | Report abuse

Linsdey rulez!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Lilo4ever | May 9, 2008 9:00 AM | Report abuse

So did you? I remember you from the Roseanne show. You - like Tom Arnold - weren't there because you were a talented thespian.

Posted by: @Clooney | May 9, 2008 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Its way too early to have the image of Clooney and Roseanne in my head.

Posted by: michael | May 9, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

she looks so "pre-federline" sweet...almost brought a tear.

and she needs to hire the HIMYM stylist team and PR team. cause that is good work.

Posted by: aw brit | May 9, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

isn't it a little early for the tweeners to be posting?

Posted by: lindsay fans??? | May 9, 2008 9:31 AM | Report abuse

I knew this would happen. I knew soon as I saw Lohan in the title, I knew it would bring out the Texing Tweener Tw*ts.

Liz Kelly, why do you hate us? Do you wish everyday to be Booby Kennedy Day?

Posted by: jake e. poo | May 9, 2008 9:39 AM | Report abuse

**waits patiently for the Lost analysis**

For those that can't wait patiently, here's some great screencaps from last nite:

Just scroll down. Stuff from Locke's locker, the map, the cabin, etc.

Posted by: Bored @ work | May 9, 2008 9:39 AM | Report abuse

I would like to declare a moratorium on 'stars,' fading (Barbara Walters/Cher) or otherwise (Geo. Clooney) from sharing any more of their sex secrets/conquests/hoped-for liasons. It's not necessary and it's making me nauseous.

Posted by: methinks | May 9, 2008 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Dang it bugs me that NPH is gay. So adorable. Oh well. (Like I ever had a chance anyway, LOL.)

And (gasp), Britney looks "normal" again, I second the recommendation to keep the HIMYM stylist team.

On that note, Happy Mother's Day y'all.

Posted by: WDC 21113 | May 9, 2008 9:44 AM | Report abuse

George Clooney's response should have been, "Not necessary."

Posted by: yellojkt | May 9, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Oh man, Heather Mills again? I should've kept my trap shut late yesterday.

If Pink marries Jeremy she'll be Pink Piven. Interesting. For now: Pinken?

If Alec Baldwin runs for office, he'll have his own silly brother Billy just like Jimmy Carter did. And his own wacky troubled brother (Daniel) just like Bill Clinton did (Roger). Is nothing new in politics?

Posted by: td | May 9, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

If Alec Baldwin gets into politics, he might be surprised that it would require a lot more from him than ordering a box of pens.

Posted by: jEN | May 9, 2008 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Aw, Britney & NPH are SUCH a cute couple. Too bad he's gay and she's bat guano crazy no?

And Georgie boy did me no favors with the Roseanne revelation. I almost spit out my oatmeal.

Oh Mariah & Nick those crazy kids. Babies having babies.

Posted by: Hecha | May 9, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

hey you guys are just jelous that Dina is a better parent that you are!

Posted by: dina rulez | May 9, 2008 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Bummer about Liv Tyler. I think she and her hub and little boy are such a cute family! Maybe they'll get back together....

Clooney and Roseanne - ugh. Just ugh.

Posted by: jaybbub | May 9, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse

From the Alec Baldwin article:

-------
"You can pretty much bet all you own that I would never leave another voicemail message for my daughter that wasn't just like something out of a Rodgers and Hammerstein score," said the "30 Rock" actor.
-------

May I suggest this, from "The King and I":

There are times I almost think
I am not sure of what I absolutely know.
Very often find confusion
In conclusion I concluded long ago
In my head are many facts
That, as a student, I have studied to procure,
In my head are many facts.
Of which I wish I was more certain I was sure!

Posted by: td, channeling yul brynner | May 9, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

i read the report on lindsay and its all just rumors. you guys all just hate on my BFF for no reason!

Posted by: luvlindsey | May 9, 2008 10:12 AM | Report abuse

the larson/clooney story suggests that she, at least, could be a sit-in celebritologist for when Liz goes on holiday... "We caught ourselves rooting for someone or getting frustrated," Sarah says in June's Harper's Bazaar. "And we were like, 'This is sad.'" i think that pretty well captures my daily approach to both TMZ and TPM...
and then there's "He still wants to date me, and I ate a scorpion." -- i mean, how cool is that. George, you done good.

Posted by: Quintilus Varus | May 9, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Yeah. If George Clooney has to date someone other than me (sigh) I guess it's good that it's someone cool.

Posted by: h3 | May 9, 2008 10:23 AM | Report abuse

uh nick, i don't know about the bahamas but here in the good ol' us of a 12-year-olds can't get married, eternal or not.

and td i applaud your alex baldwin voice mail message. do you think when he leaves it he'll wear the yul brynner flowing pants and shirtless vest?

Posted by: melissamac1 | May 9, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

George Clooney was also on the Golden Girls (and Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley!). I wonder if Rue McClanahan said anything blue to him...

Posted by: Sigh | May 9, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Lost! C'mon, that episode was insanely def; let's discuss.

Also, I'm seriously disappointed that La Lohan won't be playing a Manson girl.

Posted by: HJA | May 9, 2008 10:28 AM | Report abuse

George making out with Roseanne..eeewww

I brought the People Magazine (I hate to admit that) with Mariah and Nick. There was no talk about a pre-nup. It's Paul and Heather 2.0

Posted by: Lisa1 | May 9, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

luvlindsey and dinarulez - imposters or tweeners, annoying and let's ignore. It coul be a whole faux-byoolin scandal again...Posted by: Sigh | May 9, 2008 10:25 AM
-------------------------------------------
Yeah, it's now unoriginal and boring.

Loved the Clooney quote. I wonder if Mrs. Garrett made him the same offer?

Posted by: beaker | May 9, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

It's a crazy mixed up world when Nick Cannon's bling is bigger than Paris Hilton's and John Mayer thinks he's badass and Roseanne thinks she's sexy.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | May 9, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

you're just jelous bc dina is a better mom than U! plus she looks so young and you dont.

Posted by: whatevs sigh | May 9, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

td said "If Pink marries Jeremy she'll be Pink Piven. Interesting. For now: Pinken?"

How about Jink, or Jerk?

Posted by: m.a.t. | May 9, 2008 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Sigh | May 9, 2008 10:25 AM

Wow, I so don't remember that! I do remember his first "ER" show and his stint on "Facts of Life"...

Posted by: WDC 21113 | May 9, 2008 10:45 AM | Report abuse

It's Freaky Friday!

Coming soon:
Sarah Jessica Parker gets a nose job!
Paris Hilton gets a real job!

Posted by: b | May 9, 2008 10:46 AM | Report abuse

The following is a paid political announcement paid for by Alec Baldwin for Senate:

"Hey, ungrateful voters of New York, I want to tell you something, OK? And I want you to get the message right now. 'Cause again, it's 10:30 here in New York on a Wednesday, and once again I've made an ass of myself trying to help you bastards and this great country of ours. When the time comes for me to make a campaign ad, I stop whatever I'm doing and I go and I make that campaign ad. Election Day is less than one week away and, according to the polls, you don't even have the G**damn brains or courtesy to recognize the genius of my candidacy and support me. I want you to know something, OK?

I'm tired of playing this game with you. I'm sending this message to you to tell you you have insulted me for the last time. You have insulted me. You don't have the brains or the decency as a human being. I don't give a damn that you're worried about the economy, or security or crime, or that your boss is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do as far as I'm concerned. You have humiliated me for the last time with your lack of support.

And when I come to your town to campaign next week, I'm going to fly out there for the day just to straighten you out on this issue. I'm going to let you know just how disappointed in you I am and how angry I am with you that you've done this to me again. You've made me feel like s**t and you've made me feel like a fool over and over and over again. And this crap you pull on me with this G**damn election situation that you would never dream of doing to any other candidates and you do it to me constantly and over and over again. I am going to get on a plane and I am going to come out there for the day and I am going to straighten your ass out when I see you. Do you understand me? I'm going to really make sure you get it. Then I'm going to get on a plane and I'm going to turn around and come home. So you'd better be ready Friday the 20th when I came to your town. So I'm going to let you know just how I feel about what rude little pigs you really are. You are rude, thoughtless little pigs, OK?"

Posted by: Terry | May 9, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Where the H is byoolin?

Posted by: rocklin | May 9, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

He played a cop in a stakeout of their neighbors with Jerry Orbach.

The Muppets aren't the only old school show with DVDs out :)

Posted by: Sigh | May 9, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Now I'm actually hearing that quote in my head Roseanne's voice...

Posted by: rocklin | May 9, 2008 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Sigh,

It's not just DVD's--- don't forget the healthy dose of GG that Lifetime so happily brings us!!

Posted by: Osteph | May 9, 2008 10:52 AM | Report abuse

What Mischa is wearing is called a diadem. Based on this photo and other recent shots she has gained a lot of weight.

Posted by: Woodbridge | May 9, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Can all the 40 year olds pretending to be tweeners please stop. It was funny once but now is lame.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 9, 2008 10:56 AM | Report abuse

yor all jus jelus loser wit notin beter to do then btch abut peple beter then yu.

LOSERS!

Posted by: TTT | May 9, 2008 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Oh, Lifetime! Television for women... and my friends that hang out in Dupont Circle... :)

Posted by: Osteph | May 9, 2008 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Byoolin is touring college campuses with his kid... I spend too much time here that I knew that.

Posted by: RiverCityRoller | May 9, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Terry - that ad for Alec is hilarious! Thankfully I was not drinking coffee when I read it.

Roseanne - ewww! Clooney - yum! Put the two together and sadly, ewwww!

John Mayer is just the oddest little guy - I have asked before, but seriously, why? Why? Why do all these lovely women find him attractive?

You'll have to wait til Monday for you byoolin fix rocklin, he told us that he would not be posting today.

Ignore THEM and they'll go away...FEED them and they'll never go away. I learned this the hard way with squirrels once.

Posted by: sunnydaze | May 9, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Oh, damn. I assumed he was in Ibiza with Paris Hilton...and a helmet cam.

Lifetime: Also a good way to see every episode of the Nanny and Designing Women. I saw Jean Smart on tv the other day and she still looks fabulous!

Sad about Liv Tyler. The movie Empire Records and that (awesome) Spacehog CD basically defined an entire year of high school for me.

Posted by: Sigh | May 9, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

sunnydaze, I posit that the reason so many women find John Mayer attractive is because he plays guitar. Never underestimate the power a guy can have when he is singing and/or playing an instrument (so long as it is a tuba).

Posted by: michael | May 9, 2008 11:12 AM | Report abuse

really dinarulez and luvlindsey? what on earth makes you think they are good role models? the drug use? the alcohol addiction? dina egging on her daughter so that she becomes more famous? yeah, we are all really "jelous" of them.

Posted by: Washington DC | May 9, 2008 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Ew, that Rosanne Barr story just made me throw up in Lindsey Lohan's mouth a little.

Posted by: M Street | May 9, 2008 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Imagine the richest, most beautiful cheesecake you can think of, topped with fresh fruit, trimmed with the utmost of care.
Then dump a mixture of Miller Lite and Miracle Whip over the top of it and allow it to rot beneath your car for a week.
This is what Clooney and Roseanne making out is like.

Posted by: Bawlmer | May 9, 2008 11:21 AM | Report abuse

For the love of god, Washington DC, don't bait the bear.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 9, 2008 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Hmmm. I'll have to try that line with George next time I see him.

Lohan as Squeeky! That would be too perfect.

Posted by: possum | May 9, 2008 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Heyo, the Lost analysis is running a teensy bit late. Should be up by noon. Apologies!

Posted by: Liz Kelly | May 9, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

So Liz Kelly, are you telling us to carm down?

Posted by: Osteph | May 9, 2008 11:28 AM | Report abuse

So Liz Kelly, are you telling us to carm down?

Posted by: Osteph | May 9, 2008 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Hey! What's wrong with Miracle Whip?!??!

Posted by: beaker | May 9, 2008 11:28 AM | Report abuse

That's right... don't make me bust out the "Yo Fatties!"

Posted by: Liz Kelly | May 9, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

LiLo let go (it rhymes - get it?) from the Manson movie?

Finally, a career move I can approve (oh, no - another rhyme).

Posted by: Curmudgeon | May 9, 2008 11:31 AM | Report abuse

first of all Washington DC, linsey doesnt use drugs. they werent hers, she was borrowing her freinds pants. and lastly, shes just doing what all her friends are doing.

Posted by: luvlindsey | May 9, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

I second the praise for Terry's take on the Alec Baldwin campaign message.

Yellojkt's take on what George Clooney's response should have been to Roseanne is also great.

Since Liz Kelly is getting Lost, I'll head back into my cave and get back to the work I should have been doing.

One final thought, based on yesterday's imaginary screenplay on a zesty encounter between Babs and Henry Kissinger:

Just say NO to yogurt.

Posted by: Sasquatch, oiking at the keyboard | May 9, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the image Bawlmer.

RCR, don't sweat it I remember Byoolin mentioning the college tour as well. However, I can't remember my work login.

Excellent advert Terry. Just excellent.

I don't know if it's his ability to play guitar but I must admit I'd date John Mayer. Don't think any less of me.

Posted by: petal | May 9, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

"Oh Henwy, that Yopwait stwawbewwy yoguwt makes me swoon, you wandy wascal." (That's for you, Sasquatch.)

I can't see the name John Mayer without thinking of that unfortunate photo of him in the Borat thong, but at least it's gotten the image of Roseanne and George Clooney out of my head. Neither, however, is a pleasant visual.

Josh Brolin better be careful -- early pics of Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford were spot-on too, but look with "Mommie Dearest" did for HER career.

Since Barbara Striesand is Josh's mother-in-law, do you think Josh is going to give a fair and balanced portrayal anyway? With such a foregone conclusion of the obvious bias with which the movie will be made, why even bother?

Posted by: td | May 9, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Those weren't my pants = my dog ate my homework. I'd love to be the lawyer that made this defense work some day :)

Sorry guys, couldn't help addressing that one!

Posted by: SIgh | May 9, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

That's ok - I would date him too, if only to be able to say to him, "That's enough, John Mayer."

Posted by: @petal | May 9, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Missing having an infant in the house? Yeah, that's a GREAT reason to procreate.

Sarah Larson = totally cool.

"The former face of Lancôme looks angry."
No, the former face of Lancôme looks radioactively orange. Back away from the Mystic Tan, Uma ...

michael, that explains one of life's great mysteries for me. The appeal of any number of rock stars (Mick Jagger, Pete Wentz, the Maddens, etc. etc.) has always escaped me.

Posted by: Californian | May 9, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Paris, he did not give you the ring if you bought it and he just handed it to you.

Nick Cannon, so you and Jessica want to be immature texting tweeners for life?

And on a personal note, I took my last final last night. I ain't doing nothing but celebrity snark until it is time to start bar study in a few weeks.

Posted by: ep | May 9, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Hi, friends. Is it safe to come back in here?

I'm only asking because I've been away for a while (no, not in rehab!) and when I dropped in on Tuesday it was full-on madness of the sort that made me think I had forgotten my meds (or had taken way too many).

Posted by: HelenaHandbasket | May 9, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Hey Helena! Seems to be fairly safe, with the exception of some Lohan-based sniping. Avoid mentioning smack or fur coats and they should stay quiet.
And sorry to gross you out, petal. Want my yogurt?

Posted by: Bawlmer | May 9, 2008 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SIgh | May 9, 2008 12:37 PM

well OBVS it was true - the lawyers dropped the charges bc it was true. lindsay is a cool role model and i loVe her.

Posted by: Lilo4ever | May 9, 2008 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Well, speak of the devil.

Posted by: Bawlmer | May 9, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Hmmmmm.......I wonder if Byoolin hired his daughter to punk us with texting. The spelling and grammar are too good for a real tweener.

Posted by: Sasquatch | May 9, 2008 2:27 PM | Report abuse

"well OBVS". Another good one.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 9, 2008 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Ahhhhh, I'll pass on the yogurt but thanks for the offer.

Posted by: petal | May 9, 2008 3:10 PM | Report abuse

lindsey lohan is a fine example of the low life coming out of Hollywood. What ever happened to the classy hollywood stars?

Posted by: dan lagieski | May 9, 2008 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Let's hope Josh Brolin is more credible as George W. Bush than George W. Bush is as President.

Posted by: byoolin | May 12, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Was there ever truly such a thing as "Classy Hollywood Stars"? Maybe that in itself is a myth. There were only classy stars when Paramount, MGM, and RKO dictated how their actors lived their lives and presented themselves.

Now that Dina Lohan has replaced Cecile B. DeMille, drunken escapades from Butters has replaced black & white stills of stars.

Posted by: Classy Hollywood Stars | May 12, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse