Posted at 8:11 AM ET, 05/15/2008

Morning Mix: Twins For Brangelina

By Liz Kelly
Thursday

Headlines: Angelina Jolie confirms she's expecting twins (thanks to Jack Black)... Model Marisa Miller tops Maxim's Hot 100 list... Gwyneth Paltrow not a fan of back fat... Stars stroll Cannes red carpet... Malawi court delays Madonna adoption ruling... Paul McCartney criticized for flying car to U.K... Dolly Parton threatens to sue Howard Stern over manipulated audio... Anne Heche tells custody case judge she's broke... Dennis Quaid talks to Congress about medical errors... Olympic skater Nancy Kerrigan delivers third child... Celine Dion says she has thousands of shoes.

Crime Watch: Amy Winehouse won't face charges for alleged drug video.

Rumor Mill: Lindsay Lohan cozies up to Joel Madden (as in Nicole Richie's Joel Madden)... Jessica Simpson parties way too hard... Jodie Foster and long-time partner split... Halle Berry not engaged, says source... "Gossip Girl's" Michelle Trachtenberg faints at in-store event.

Say What?
"I just can't concentrate in flats." -- Victoria Beckham on her love of high heels

Chat Day: Join me for this week's bootylicious edition of Celebritology Live at 2 p.m. ET.

By Liz Kelly  | May 15, 2008; 8:11 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Beyonce's Bootylicious Kid Ads: Over the Line?
Next: For Oprah, the Golden Touch

Comments

Celine Dion says she has thousands of shoes.

That, and her singing ability, are two things she has in common with Imelda Marcos.

Posted by: byoolin | May 15, 2008 8:40 AM | Report abuse

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmback fat!

Posted by: Homer byoolin | May 15, 2008 8:41 AM | Report abuse

Paul McCartney has a flying car? Coooooooool.

Posted by: byoolin | May 15, 2008 8:43 AM | Report abuse

Victoria Posh Spice Beckham should have taken a couple of baseball throwing lessons before she threw a 'pitch' at Dodger Stadium. Her form is terrible!

I wish my life was so put together that all I had to worry about was back fat. Back fat. Who even thinks about that? How can she be so...out of touch? And how can I be so astonished by the self-absorption?

I must have bought the hype: celebrities! They're just like us! My arse.

Posted by: methinks | May 15, 2008 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Posh is may-jor and I heart her. Lots. That is all.

Posted by: PGM | May 15, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Pretty offensive that in that Jodie Foster article, they say she's "acted" as the parents of her two kids. She is their mother. Sheesh.

Posted by: Jules | May 15, 2008 8:59 AM | Report abuse

I really hope the twofer will finally satisfy the Jolie-Pitts.

Go Dolly! Take him for all he's worth, which isn't much (except for financially, maybe)!

Anne Heche, pay your freaking child support. No one feels sorry for you.

Sooooo, they have a video of Amy Winehouse smoking crack, but they are not going to charge her?? Why the heck not? She NEEDS to go to jail for a while since she won't stay in rehab, no, no, no.

Lilo tries to get it on with a married guy...did we ever take bets on how long the Ritchie - Madden merger would last? Poor little girl to have this as her world.

Hey - you guys were all up pretty late last night! Possum, rolling like wombats??? I will never hear that song the same again! Thanks

Posted by: sunnydaze | May 15, 2008 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Agreed Jule, but since the only source for the article was the National Enquirer, what can you expect. I doubt that it is true at all.

I heart Jodi and wish her the very best.

Posted by: sunnydaze | May 15, 2008 9:01 AM | Report abuse

methinks:

I have an embarrassing confession. . .I think about back fat. With today's clingy jersey knits, back fat, or as I like to call them, back babies, are accentuated and must be avoided at all costs by wearing clothes that fit properly.

What's worse is that I now have something in common with The Great Insouciant One.

Posted by: jelo | May 15, 2008 9:06 AM | Report abuse

"Sooooo, they have a video of Amy Winehouse smoking crack, but they are not going to charge her?"

My guess (and remember, I am not a lawyer, I just like lawyer jokes): the Crown may may feel it cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it is in fact crack she is smoking.

And the Crown would be right. Grainy video of a white powder and some smoke? Please.

Posted by: byoolin | May 15, 2008 9:12 AM | Report abuse

'[the] Crown may may feel" - sheesh. Let's take one 'may' back. And while I am at it I'd like to delete the two commas in the second sentence of my first comment too.

The Us magazine story about Jessica Simpson's binge drinking has the headline, "Jessica's Agony - Stabbed In The Heart." Two words, Us magazine: Sal Mineo.

Posted by: byoolin | May 15, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse

I came over here from the Idol post & when I saw the item about Celine and her thousands of *shoes* I got quite scared.

Posted by: jes | May 15, 2008 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Every time I hear another quote like that from Victoria Beckham, I love her a little bit more.

Posted by: h3 | May 15, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

"Angelina Jolie confirms she's expecting twins (thanks to Jack Black)"

Does that mean Jack let the cat out of the bag or is he the birth father?

Posted by: td | May 15, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Now see, I knew as soon as I pressed the 'submit' button I was going to regret it. (Oh, how many times have I said THAT line...)

jelo, it's okay to care about how your body looks in clingy clothes...I care about that too, but there's just something about Gwynneth Paltrow saying it--she who, even pregnant (protestations to the contrary) probably never had an ounce of back fat in her life--which really frosts me.
Why do reporters ask some lame arse questions anyway..."How did you lose your baby weight?" Well, gee, let's see...there's the normal loss of weight after delivery, not to mention any breastfeeding that comes into play, there's exercise & diet (only the freshest & most organic of course) and the fact that she has access to a nanny to allow her to workout and probably a personal cook to prepare healthy meals. C'mon...just give me a friggin' break.
I anything but insouciant, I know.

Posted by: methinks | May 15, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

td, is "Jack let the cat out of the bag" a euphemism that implies he is the birth father?

Posted by: byoolin | May 15, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

derr...I *sound* anything but insouciant, I know.
submit.submit.submit.

Posted by: methinks | May 15, 2008 9:27 AM | Report abuse

It's OK Jelo, I think about back fat as well.

I hate to say it but I've started to like Gwyneth a little more lately. She was pretty good in Iron Man and anyone who can eat Mario Batali under a table has to be somewhat OK.

Posted by: MGC | May 15, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Aw man, now that Dolly Parton / Howard Stern article has me imagining how he could distort her songs ("Here You Come Again," etc.). Ew.

Posted by: td | May 15, 2008 9:29 AM | Report abuse

The Jessica Simpson story is kind of awesome. Stars, They're Just Like Us: They get wasted with friends when their latest douche boyfriend dumps them! At least, that's been my reaction, and my breakups aren't plastered about on the internets and magazines for nosy people to judge. This story actually makes Jessica Simpson seem interesting and like someone I might want to hang out with. And I *love* that her friend ralphed under the table--that's a dedicated and true friend.

Posted by: RC | May 15, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Very funny, byoolin!

As for Gwynneth, perhaps she took that role in Shallow Hal a bit to heart, no?

Posted by: td, pointing out the word *or* in his prior post | May 15, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

-I heart Victoria Beckham and Celine Dion ( I heart anyone who loves shoes)

-After trying on bathing suits yesterday, I'm thinking about back fat, and how long it will take to firm and lose it within six weeks.

Posted by: Lisa1 | May 15, 2008 9:44 AM | Report abuse

"Nancy Kerrigan delivers third child" -- Upon learning she was pregnant, she started wailing, "Why me?!" Contrary to prior reports, Jeff Gilooly reportedly had no role in this event and claims he was busy watching Tonya Harding retie the laces on her skates for the hundredth time.

(Did any of you ever see the five-minute spoof, "Spunk: The Tonya Harding Story" on Comedy Central starring Tina Yothers? Hilarious.)

Posted by: td | May 15, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

What's wrong with flying cars? Sometimes I think those Brits are too critical. After all, it was in Harry Potter!

Posted by: possum | May 15, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

One more thing then I'll step away from the keyboard -- I thought that one item read: "Lindsay Lohan cozies up to JOHN Madden." The mind reels.

Posted by: td | May 15, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Uh, oh, twins for Brangelina. That's going to really unbalance their Benetton family. Now they are going to have to get another African baby AND have another white baby and hope the gender is correct. Their minds must be racing.

I like Angelina OK, but why does Brad Pitt take on the personality of whoever he's dating? What a dud. Now he's a tattoo guy. Whatev.

Posted by: atb | May 15, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Is everyone else getting the ad for the Lord of the Rings at Wolf Trap on this page? Nerdy awesomeness, anyone?

Posted by: omg hobbits | May 15, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Winds up Derek Jeter has dated 6 of the women on the Maxim list.

Scooooreboard!

That was a fantastic & unique baseball stat released last week on my fav sports talk show.

Do we know if anyone else has dated that many? I mean, that's better than Tom Brady...

Posted by: NC2 | May 15, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse

how come Sir Paul is the only one who gets a flying car? I thought we were all supposed to have flying cars by now.

i, too, used to worry about back fat. then i had a few vertebrae fused, and now i can't rotate my head enough to see my back in the mirror. problem solved.

Posted by: b | May 15, 2008 10:17 AM | Report abuse

atb, I think Brangelina is (are?) going to need to go buy a South American baby next. They haven't shopped that continent yet.

But, in all seriousness, I do appreciate their contributions to the beautifying of the world by making more babies together. That Shiloh is a doll.

Posted by: jaybbub | May 15, 2008 10:23 AM | Report abuse

i can't believe i finally have something in common with gwyneth. it's almost as if she were HUMAN, and NOT insoucient!

i like cheese! i like chocolate! i like wine! i had baby weight to get rid of!! i lost it all, too! gwynnie, be my BFF??!!!!

Posted by: wats | May 15, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Lisa1 | May 15, 2008 9:44 AM -Can Jack Black do a TV interviewing w/o looking like the fat sweaty guy who takes up two seats on the train?

Can the Pope be Episcopalian? Can a bear be housebroken?

If Gywnnie hates back fat, how does she season her collard greens? :p Hmm, maybe a hunk of Jack Black would work.

Posted by: epony | May 15, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: omg hobbits | May 15, 2008 10:09 AM

Yes--I thought about going but I won't be in town. It would be totally awesome if they could get Annie Lennox to appear to sing "Into the West." She has an amazing voice.

I heart Dolly Parton and hope she sues the pants off Howard Stern.

Brangelina makes me tired. As does Gywnneth (although I kinda like the name Apple--it's sweet).

I totally get what Posh is saying. People are always telling me to smile more and it gets tiresome. I'm a naturally serious person with a serious expression. Just because I don't have a smile plastered on my face 24/7 doesn't mean I'm grumpy.

Posted by: Sappho | May 15, 2008 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Erm, didn't Marion Berry get convicted of smoking crack based on a video? "B*&^%, set me up!" Reasonable doubt can be proven with circumstantial evidence, like behavior before and after the smoking, the common knowledge that no one smokes baking soda, etc. - if that is even the standard in the UK.

Posted by: sunnydaze | May 15, 2008 10:45 AM | Report abuse

sunnydaze, M. Berry got convicted because the B*&^% actually did set him up. It was a sting operation.

Posted by: epony | May 15, 2008 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Just to clarify that post, I thought what the B*&^% did was a good thing....

Posted by: epony | May 15, 2008 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, there was a lot more than video with Marion Barry.

Posted by: h3 | May 15, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Yes, and even after being convicted, the good people of DC later re-elected Marion Barry mayor.

Posted by: rasheeda moore | May 15, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Gwyneth Paltrow ate Mario Batali under a table during the annual Cannes Fennel Eating Contest.

After completing the contest, she was able to burp all the lyrics to "The Scientist."

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | May 15, 2008 10:55 AM | Report abuse

US Magazine failed to mention what the thread count was to the bed sheet Gillian Anderson wore to Cannes this year.

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | May 15, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: rasheeda moore | May 15, 2008 10:55 AM

It's good to know that the good people of DC have the ability to forgive.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 15, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Since Liz would never even acknowledge that Jodi Foster is a lesbian even after her recent tribute to her partner, why acknowledge the relationship now that they are reportedly breaking up.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 15, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

11:08, Liz Kelly rightly placed it in the "Rumor Mill" section.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 15, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MoCoSnarky | May 15, 2008 10:55 AM

*********

Isn't it odd how if you reverse the names, that sentence would have a totally different meaning?

(And Liz Kelly probably didn't explicitly "acknowledge that Jodi Foster is a lesbian" because Ms. Foster never did. See December 17, 2007:

"I don't think that thanking "my beautiful Cydney" qualifies as coming out. I refer to several of my friends as beautiful or lovely or darling and it has no other meaning than just that. Maybe if she had said my beautiful partner or lover or girlfriend or something... So, I think whether or not Jodie Foster is gay is 1. still unknown, 2. not anyone's business but hers and 3. not relevant to the fact that I love her...."

Posted by: sunnydaze | December 13, 2007 9:41 AM

"Well put, Sunnydaze. That's exactly why I've been ignoring the Jodie Foster story all week."

Posted by: Liz Kelly | December 13, 2007 11:26 AM

(http://blog.washingtonpost.com/celebritology/2007/12/morning_mix_crowe_and_kidman_t.html)

Posted by: byoolin | May 15, 2008 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Derek Jeter has always been Number 2 to me....if you know what I mean.

Posted by: Sasquatch | May 15, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse

As for Gywnnie, what is she wearing in that picture? It looks like she's being attacked by an accordion.

Posted by: d | May 15, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

From the Anne Heche article:
"She adds: "I do receive some residuals from previous acting work. However, the amounts are nominal and are offset by recurring business expenses that must be paid whether or not I am working."

Recurring business expenses that must be paid whehter or not she's working, but not child support? Maybe celebrities are like real people, I know a couple of "baby daddies" that think the same way.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 15, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

That is one unflattering picture of Nancy Kerrigan. She has not aged well.

Posted by: WPB | May 15, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Sir Paul is able to fly his car to the UK but I should be a vegan to help save the planet. Ummmm, what's up with the fuel to get the car to the UK Sir Paul?

Celebritology help me, I'm starting to like the Gwyneth. Concern over back fat and the ability to belch the words to songs. Sweet.

Posted by: petal | May 15, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

I have a feeling Queen Insouciant hasn't the first clue as to what real definition of back fat is.

And those pics, man, talk about some airbrushed thighs!

The stuff you season your collard greens with is called fatback, not back fat.

Posted by: Bored @ work | May 15, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Oh, now you tell me, bored@work. What am I supposed to do with this hunk of Jack Black, then?

Posted by: epony | May 15, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

So we can add to our list of "harbingers of a Hollywood relationship split":

1. Tattoos
2. We're so happy
3. Our relationship is fine
4. Renewal of vows
5. Thanking your partner publicly. (as previously demonstrated by Hilary Swank and Sandra Oh)

Posted by: Californian | May 15, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

see liz AGAIN put anothr negative story about lindsy. why does she hater her so much?

Posted by: luvlindsey | May 15, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

That is one unflattering picture of Nancy Kerrigan. She has not aged well.

Posted by: WPB | May 15, 2008 12:46 PM

Really? I think she looks pretty much the same. And while I knew the husband was older (and her manager when they "met"), I didn't realize he was 20 years older. Wow. That's so Holllywood.

She commentates on some Channel 8 figure skating stuff during the winter -- she's not that good (maybe that's why she's on Channel 8 and not one of the major networks and ESPN like Paul Wyle, Roslyn Summers, Peter Caruthers, and Peggy Fleming), LOL). She should stick to ice skating and raising the kids.

Posted by: WDC 21113 | May 15, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

SO true, atb!! Hair color, too -- whatever color his partner du jour is, Brad is. Buttery blond with Gwyneth; honey sun-streaked with Jen; dark hair and tattooed with Jolie. Weird!

Posted by: Californian | May 15, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Yeah...they'd have to have the actual drugs to test. Sorry. Could that video give them reason to search her house or something and find more? Maybe.

Posted by: Sigh | May 15, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

I think there are a few continents that Angelina has not adopted from yet. Thank god Antartica is uninhabited.

Jessica was not dumped by her douche bag boyfriend. Romo realized what a huge mistake he was making by being associated with her, used his brain and bailed. That makes him smart.

Sir Paul did not ask that the car be flown to England. He was appalled when it was. The man was not being hypocritical in his views. Geez, who said he ordered it -- Heather Mills?

Posted by: ep | May 15, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

"I've got lots of lovely vices!" -- what a thoroughly British expression. Is she still faking an accent like her bud Madonna?

I remember seeing Gwynnie's cellulite ages ago in one of her movies, and thinking oh good, even stick-thin people can get it. She's always just been thin, not fit or toned. All celeb photos are thoroughly airbrushed. I've seen some celebs in real life and they look pretty ordinary. Some actually look pretty bad -- like they've been ridden hard and put up wet. And some are very naturally beautiful, like Kristin Scott Thomas.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 15, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

luvlindsey go AWAY!

Posted by: Washington DC | May 15, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

epony asks:

"What am I supposed to do with this hunk of Jack Black, then?"

The polite thing to do would be to flush.
Twice.

The impolite thing to do would be to put the hunk of Jack Black in a paper bag, place the bag in front of my cave door, light the bag, and ring my doorbell.

But you're not impolite, are you?

Posted by: Sasquatch | May 15, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

ding dong

Posted by: epony | May 15, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Liz is totally inconsistant when it comes to people's alleged orientation. In today's chat she implied that Anderson Cooper, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Keith Olberman were batting for the other team. But she won't comment on Jodie Foster. What does Foster have to do wear a t-shirt that says "I am a Lesbian American" for Liz to accept the obvious?

Posted by: Anonymous | May 15, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse

but luvlindsey, why do you lover her so much?

You suppose we're going to get an influx of LindseyLuvers and MileySmilers in here now that school will be letting out? Not before noon, I suppose, but still... maybe Liz should try posting school reading lists if it gets too bad.

Posted by: NC2 | May 15, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Who's there?

Posted by: Sasquatch | May 15, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Maybe it's the fact that Gwynnie has reduced herself to waif stature that made her nearly invisible in "Iron Man." Or maybe her insouciance has become a virtual wet blanket.

On the other hand, pretty much everyone in the film faded away next to Robert Downey Jr.
*sigh*

Posted by: hermespal | May 15, 2008 3:32 PM | Report abuse

3:16, the real reason Liz Kelly didn't mention Jodie is because (and no-one else knows, so we need to keep this just between us, ok?) Liz and Jodie have a, you know, a thing. They were waiting for the right time to tell Cyndee and Mr. Liz.

Posted by: byoolin sez keep shtum! | May 15, 2008 3:37 PM | Report abuse

At least, I think it was Jodie. I hope it wasn't Anne Heche.

Posted by: byoolin | May 15, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

ya, cos anne heche don't got no cheddar!

Posted by: methinks | May 15, 2008 3:45 PM | Report abuse

"They were waiting for the right time to tell Cyndee and Mr. Liz."

Its Cydney. Ha ha ha, byoolin made a boo boo, byoolin made a boo boo.

Damn, my life is sad.

Posted by: jake e. poo | May 15, 2008 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Winds up Derek Jeter has dated 6 of the women on the Maxim list.

Posted by: NC2 | May 15, 2008 10:09 AM

*********

Great for show, isn't it. Guess he's right up there with John Mayer.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 15, 2008 7:41 PM | Report abuse

I can't stand Anne Heche, but I'm mystified as to how she has to pay $15K a MONTH in child support. Sweet deal for the father of the child.

Posted by: surlychick | May 15, 2008 8:23 PM | Report abuse