About Channel '08  |  Blog Partner: PrezVid.com  |  RSS Feeds RSS Feed  (What's RSS?)

Bill Clinton Attacks Obama

Peter Hauck

A hoarse, aggravated and, perhaps, desperate Bill Clinton says the media is going easy on Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.).

Sound Bite: "This whole thing is the biggest fairy tale I've ever seen."

By Washington Post editors |  January 8, 2008; 3:26 PM ET
Previous: Edwards Calling | Next: Huckabee: "Understanding"

Comments

Bill Clinton was, for himself and Sen. Clinton, being clear, concise and, in my sense of the moment, fair. Media across a quite broad spectrum in this nation, are not nearly as objective nor even "smart", in my opinion, when it comes to American politics, treating the entire political process much more like a Beauty Pageant rather than the quite serious exercise that it is! There is one heck of a lot of "growing up" needed in this nation. After all, George W. Bush has been elected and re-elected. A former Governor of Texas who was voted into THAT office due to his name, not his policy or judgement. And previously, simply a majority "partner" in control of the Texas Rangers of the MLB American League. Having grown up in West Texas, and knowing MUCH about his and Laura's past history in Midland, TX., I will "take a pass" on George and Laura, thank you. Elmer L.Wilson, Albuquerque

Posted by: Elmer L. Wilson | January 9, 2008 2:37 AM

I personally do not care for politics;however, I feel as if the other candidates are blaming their misfortune on the fact that Mr. Obama is indeed an African American and the public is taking "pity" on him. This is nothing but a higher class of high school drama. No one can handle the fact that they are inferior to someone, especially their peers and/or competition. Therefore, they must go about making irrational excuses that can be played off the obvious.

Posted by: M@ Hubbard | January 9, 2008 2:13 PM

Wow, Bill in true spinster form. Once again, the Clintons - not Hillary alone, disgust me with their backhanded politics. This Blog should be redirected to the fact checker blog:

The Clinton Political Machine used backhanded misguidance to persuade a crowd to look down upon their opponent. Do we really want another spinster in office? Or should I say a pair of spinsters in office. Barack Obama has, and continues, to impress me with his steadfastness. He has done an impressive job staying true to his message and not letting cowardly remarks from a downtrodden opponent get to him. Is there any praise out there for a candidate who sticks to his message and ignores the wimpish remarks from a fact twisting political team (Mr. Bill AND Hillary)?

Read the facts, and decide whether or not Obama supports Bush in the Iraq war.

The media says no one knows her - she cries.
The media remarks about Obama's use of the word "we" and "you" - she drops the "I's."

I'm done with politics, I want Obama.

Posted by: Ryan M. | January 9, 2008 6:37 PM

People seem to think that black people will support Obama. But if I suggest that white people should support Hillary I am accused of prejudice and racism. How can it be OK for one and not OK for the other?

Posted by: Andy | January 11, 2008 12:29 AM

Yet another story and conversation in which there are no links to the transcript or any other supporting facts on either side. For the most part, as near as I can see, the entire country has relegated itself to accepting facts only to the extent to which they serve the readers needs. No objectivity. No actual investigation of anything or anyone.

To think that you can say whether someone is qualified to serve as President based on a 2002 speech. Or questionable statements by another candidate is ludicrous. For OB write a book where he refers to mixed race people as "half breeds" and then wants to accuse anyone of racial bias? From Barack Obama's book "Dreams"
In his first memoir, "Dreams," Obama included a description of black student life at Occidental College in Los Angeles.

"There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs," he wrote. "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

He added: "To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists."

Obama said he and other blacks were careful not to second-guess their own racial identity in front of whites.

"To admit our doubt and confusion to whites, to open up our psyches to general examination by those who had caused so much of the damage in the first place, seemed ludicrous, itself an expression of self-hatred," he wrote.
unquote

"The emotions between the races could never be pure; even love was tarnished by the desire to find in the other some element that was missing in ourselves. Whether we sought out our demons or salvation, the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart."
unquote

To my mind that is not the voice of a uniter. Far from would be my guess.

But we should all make up our minds so before you start spouting off perhaps you should read Mr. Obama's own words and decide for yourself. Personally I do not know how to vote in the general election. My guess is that I won't know until my mail in ballot is filled out. There are skeletons in everyones closet. There are veritable bone yards in nearly all the candidates. It is our job to determine who is the least objectionable.

I wish all of you and myself "Good Luck" because actually learning and exploring the facts is a bit more than reading some biased newspaper writer or some bubble headed bleach blond on a square screen.
Please find the facts. Contrary to what our media is telling us they are important.

Posted by: RetCombatVet | January 13, 2008 8:04 PM

Here's the truth. I feel Hilary nor Obama will win this race. Comments have been read by me that he will bring peace in Iraq. Sure we want ALL of our troops to come home, but then again do we want our country to be bombed again!? As me being a women, we all know Nobdy is going to vote for Mrs. Clinton on the fact that is she a woman! Although, Hiliary has made really great topics about what she would like to do with our country. Thats just my opinion.

Posted by: Emily | January 14, 2008 12:13 PM

yo =]

Posted by: Anonymous | January 16, 2008 2:27 AM

my my,
we have Romney who can't possibly be elected because he is a mormon, and thinks waterboarding is a sport... willing to bankrupt the country
we have Mccain who will stay in iraq 100 years (your tax polyps at work)...willing to bankrupt the country for "honor"
we have huckaberry bearing the cross taxingly giving us away. willing to bankrupt the country for "honor"
we have Guilani, waiting for 911 to save him in florida. willing to bankrupt the country for "fear"
we have obama with church of africa(bone up on his affiliations with the minister of his church), WIlling to tax us to death.
we have hillary Clinton with first husband
BIll. Willing to make us a socialist nation. (who pays??)

We need a change of menu and direction.

RON PAUL cannot be understood in 30 second bites.
Go to his site, bone up on his message.
It might take a while to break the ice, but
it is our only hope.

After doing that, vote your conscience, it is not a popularity contest. It is about your freedom.

Posted by: henry | January 21, 2008 8:28 PM