Post Rock Archive  |  About the Bloggers  |  E-mail: Click Track  |  On Twitter: Click Track  |  RSS Feeds RSS

Clicky shuffle

Welcome to our daily micro-column, the Clicky shuffle. Each morning, a Click Track contributor shares the first five songs that pop up on their portable mp3 device.

Wanna play along? Share five random songs of your own in the comments.

By David Malitz

Wow - no Dylan, the Fall or Times New Viking. That may be a first. Yeah, I've got some Dead in my iTunes. But disbanded party punk band Mika Miko and French anti-folkies Coming Soon are the hidden gems here.

The Original Sins, "Your Way"
Mika Miko, "I Got a Lot (New New New)"
Grateful Dead, "Brokedown Palace"
Sic Alps, "Bathman"
Coming Soon, "Wolves in the City"

By David Malitz  |  March 26, 2010; 7:45 AM ET
Categories:  Clicky shuffle
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Taking sides: Which reunited rock bands should stay broken up?
Next: Axl Rose sued for $2 million; Donny Osmond is publicly outraged

Comments

That is a real shame about Mika Miko.

Posted by: MyPostID27 | March 26, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Girl Trouble -- Color Me Gone

The Old Haunts -- Hung Up On The Down Side

Cadillac Tramps -- It's Allright

The Walkmen -- The Blue Route

Fleet Foxes -- Meadowlarks

Posted by: Schneid1 | March 26, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Wooow, Malitz with the Dead. Didn't see that one coming.

Posted by: agl132 | March 26, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Re: Mika Miko - that's one of those bands I think worked best as a short-term band. That band was about being young. They'll keep busy in other projects.

Re: The Old Haunts, good to know someone else is listening. The night of the Radiohead monsoon a few years ago they played a show to 12 of us at the Red & the Black.

Re: The Dead. It's kind of in my genes. Just a bit.

Posted by: DavidMalitz | March 26, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

I think it was the Post story that put me on to the Old Haunts. So ... thanks! Though I understand they've also gone the way of the dodo.

Posted by: Schneid1 | March 27, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse