Prince announces tour; Duff McKagan jams with Guns N' Roses; Bieber loves pizza
By David Malitz and Chris Richards
- "I got a lot of hits. Bring friends, bring children, and bring foot spray because it's gonna be funky." That's what Prince said as the Purple One announced the first details of a December tour. No itinerary was revealed, but the "Welcome 2 America" tour will feature him performing with the New Power Generation and serving as master of ceremonies each night. Opening acts will include Maceo Parker, Janelle Monae, Mint Condition, Esperanza Spalding and Sheila E.
- Former Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan joined Axl Rose on stage for the first time in 17 years at a London GNR concert last night. Don't expect a full-fledged reunion, or a full-fledged anything, of course.
- Justin Bieber's autobiography doesn't come out until next week but Billboard has some excerpts. Example: "Singers aren’t supposed to have dairy before a show, but we all know I’m a rule breaker. Pizza is just so good!"
- The brand new Hylton Performing Arts Center in Manassas opens its doors tonight for an inaugural performance from Crystal Gayle, Larry Gatlin and Andy Cooney.
If you can't make tonight's show, mark your calendar for Nov. 21 when Allen Toussaint is scheduled to perform. Correction: Allen Toussaint's Nov. 21 concert will take place at the Center for the Arts in Fairfax.
- He didn't talk about the contents of his iPod, but President Obama did answer plenty of policy questions at yesterday's MTV/BET/CMT-sponsored town hall discussion. Read Chris Richards's take on the telecast and stream it in its entirety here.
| October 15, 2010; 9:30 AM ET
Categories: Morning click | Tags: Guns N Roses, Justin Bieber, Prince
Save & Share: Previous: Clicky shuffle: Random songs for Friday morning
Next: Update: Death outside DC9; club will close temporarily