Charges dropped against Gucci Mane; Mario, too; Kanye sympathizes with Dubya
By David Malitz
- A day after getting arrested for a litany of traffic violations, troubled rapper Gucci Mane was released from an Atlanta jail as prosecutors declined to press charges.
- Charges were also dropped against R&B singer Mario, whose mother filed assault charges against her son in Baltimore in October. Shawntia Williams claims she was intoxicated at the time.
- In his forthcoming book former president George W. Bush said the low point of his presidency came when Kanye West criticized him for his handling of the Hurricane Katrina disaster. But Yeezy can sympathize. ""I definitely can understand the way he feels to be accused of being a racist in any way because the same thing happened to me," he told Houston's 97.9 The Box.
- This new broke a couple days ago but it was too bizarre to pass up. Kim Kardashian working with R&B songwriter supreme The-Dream? The Village Voice imagines what this collaboration would sound like.
- Free Weezy? Done and done.
- The first big announcement of the summer concert season? Kenny Chesney at FedEx Field on June 4, with Zac Brown Band.
| November 4, 2010; 9:15 AM ET
Categories: Morning click | Tags: Gucci Mane, Kanye West, Mario, The-Dream
Save & Share: Previous: Clicky shuffle: Random songs for Thursday morning
Next: In concert: Interpol at DAR Constitution Hall