Demi Lovato enters rehab; DC9 remains closed for at least one more month; H.R. signs autographs, launches clothing line
By David Malitz
- Local nightclub DC9 will remain closed for 30 more days after an initial hearing before the city's Alcohol Beverage Control board deemed the club to be an "imminent danger." The club has been closed since mid-October when Ali Ahmed Mohammed died after an altercation with five of the club's employees. The club's co-owner Bill Spieler has since resigned and the other four employees have been "let go."
- Eighteen-year-old Disney star Demi Lovato has quit a European tour with the Jonas Brothers and checked into rehab for unspecified reasons. "Demi has decided to take personal responsibility for her actions and seek help. She is doing just that," a representative of hers said.
- Did Hammer really record a diss track about Jay-Z? Yes, he did. This reminds us of when Deshawn Stevenson started a war of words with LeBron James. Stupid, but we full support it!
- D.C.'s historic Lincoln Theater will launch a new "Live at the Lincoln" series that will kick off Dec. 9 with gospel singers BeBe and CeCe Winans. Before that series starts, the venue will host the annual Go-Go Awards on Nov. 21.
- Local hardcore legend H.R. of Bad Brains will sign autographs at clothing store Commonwealth tonight from 8 to 10 p.m. The event will also help launch a line of clothes associated with the iconic singer; he's also scheduled to appear at an afterparty later in the evening at U Street Music Hall.
| November 2, 2010; 9:30 AM ET
Categories: Morning click | Tags: DC9, Demi Lovato, H.R., Hammer, Jay-Z
Save & Share: Previous: Clicky shuffle: Random songs for Tuesday morning
Next: Album review: Mariah Carey, "Merry Christmas II You"
Posted by: jackieRo | November 2, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: susan166 | November 2, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse