Chuck Berry falls ill at concert; Jazmine Sullivan has had enough (for now, maybe); Kim Kardashian debuts single
- Rock-and-roll founding father Chuck Berry fell ill at a Chicago concert on Saturday night. The 84-year-old singer of iconic songs such as "Johnny B. Goode" and "Maybelline" was checked out by an ambulance during the show but was apparently simply suffering from exhaustion.
- R&B star Jazmine Sullivan announced on Twitter Sunday night that she would be taking a break from all things music-related. "I’m making an official announce that I am taking a break from music. I’m trying to figure out who I am…w/o a mike, paper or pen," she tweeted. Those statements have since been deleted from her page, though.
- Are you ready for Kim Kardashian pop music star? Too bad! With an assist from writer/producer The-Dream, Kardashian debuted her single "Turn It Up" on New Year's Eve.
- If that's not doing it for you, there's always the new M.I.A. mixtape.
Clicky shuffle: Your random song for Monday morning:
- Julian Lynch, "In New Jersey"
| January 3, 2011; 10:15 AM ET
Categories: Morning click | Tags: Chuck Berry, Jazmine Sullivan, M.I.A.
Save & Share: Previous: In concert: Gogol Bordello at 9:30 Club
Next: In concert: B.B. King at the Birchmere