Gil vs. DeShawn, the Video

As always, much love to wizardsdotcom for getting this done. In a lot of situations like this, I might be worried that my words sort of oversold the event, but not in this case. I'm guessing many people will wind up seeing this, one way or the other. Thank heavens for the Internets, or the eBays, or whatever we're calling 'em nowadays.

By Dan Steinberg  |  February 2, 2007; 5:31 PM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tommy Soehn, Indoor Superstar
Next: Hurricanes at the White House

Comments

"that's the reason i'm a bullets fan!"

Posted by: hmmmmm | February 2, 2007 6:32 PM | Report abuse

Pure awesome. Thanks for that.

Posted by: Matt W. | February 2, 2007 7:13 PM | Report abuse

Fun to watch.

Except near the end. I'm hoping DeShawn doesn't actually pay the 20 Gs, 'cause Gil was kinda cheatin'. Even then kind of fascinating: Gil is v. competitive and must win, that video shows.

It also shows, for the record, DeShawn to be a really really good 3-point shooter!

Posted by: Nancy | February 2, 2007 7:20 PM | Report abuse

Did Haywood call DeShawn "Stud Pants"?

Posted by: Gack | February 2, 2007 8:16 PM | Report abuse

For the first 10 minutes of this video I kept looking for my !@$%^! cell to turn it off. Then I realized it was on the video.

Posted by: Gack | February 2, 2007 8:18 PM | Report abuse

I dunno, seems like DeShawn was pretty pissed. Any footage of them punching each other in the arm like little brothers or something?

Posted by: Gack | February 2, 2007 8:27 PM | Report abuse

Dude just lost $20,000, and he makes less than a million. I'd be pretty pissed too.

Posted by: PT | February 2, 2007 8:49 PM | Report abuse

Gack - yeah, sorry about that - I need to remember to turn off the cell when I shoot film. Stupid GSM phones...

Posted by: WizDotCom | February 3, 2007 12:07 AM | Report abuse

I live for these stories and videos, thanks, keep it up!

Posted by: larrybrownsports.com | February 3, 2007 6:25 PM | Report abuse

At about 5:50... Gil: "Nine/nine? Dang, you borrow my aura?!?"

Posted by: Tha Jones | February 4, 2007 1:23 PM | Report abuse

I think Gil says "damn, you borrow my arms?", which is even more funny.

Posted by: CCC | February 4, 2007 10:26 PM | Report abuse

Good call, I think you're right.

Posted by: Tha Jones | February 4, 2007 11:18 PM | Report abuse

i tot my phone was the source too

Posted by: darren | February 5, 2007 5:05 AM | Report abuse

and i heard stucked penis

Posted by: darren | February 5, 2007 5:09 AM | Report abuse

I heard stud panties. this was great.

Posted by: James | February 5, 2007 5:49 AM | Report abuse

"Whammy!"

Posted by: EdTheRed | February 5, 2007 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Great footage...I love Gil but Deshawn definitely has my vote even with the $20K loss.

Posted by: NSH | February 5, 2007 10:25 AM | Report abuse

gilbert better not bet puffy because he wont win but gil is the man of this city

Posted by: dirtydex56@yahoo.com | February 5, 2007 12:55 PM | Report abuse

i love how gil is dancing around on the ground yelling :D. i think deshawn got a little mad... -.-

Posted by: unknown | February 5, 2007 6:48 PM | Report abuse

Okay DeShawn...Shooter's keep shooting even if $20,000 on the line.

Posted by: Baller101 | February 5, 2007 9:17 PM | Report abuse

how do you know it was for 20 g's?

Posted by: Anonymous | February 5, 2007 9:24 PM | Report abuse

great game! thanks for the footage, let's see double or nothing.....

Posted by: gmac | February 6, 2007 3:57 AM | Report abuse

i cant even see it but gil is my man anyway

Posted by: Anonymous | February 6, 2007 8:56 AM | Report abuse

gil rolls on the floor trying to distract deshawn!!! LOL

Posted by: cornbread | February 6, 2007 1:33 PM | Report abuse

the wizards are pretty much balllers and thank god for ernie grunfeld

Posted by: ballin | February 6, 2007 2:05 PM | Report abuse

THAT WAS GREAT I HATE ARENAS BUT YOU CANT DENY HIS TALENT!

Posted by: KYLE | February 6, 2007 6:37 PM | Report abuse

I said this years back when Ernie Grunfield became GM, we were in good hands. The man has an eye for talent, now that he's built the foundation for a contender team like he did for the Knicks and Bucks; he can get us over the hump in 2-3 years w/ a ring.

Posted by: Senai | February 7, 2007 11:42 AM | Report abuse

You hate Arenas??? Must be a Kobe fan. How could you hate him? This video should even more prove to the world how good he is even off the court!!!

Posted by: Chelle | February 9, 2007 9:52 AM | Report abuse