More Blogging Competition: Bobby Boswell

On the issue of athletes finding ways to own their own content, I present Bobby Boswell's new Web site, which won't debut until March 20, when it will debut in about the best way possible, by offering a ticket giveaway to the David Beckham-DCU match. I'm told the site will also offer other fabulous prizes, such as a signed photo of Steven Seagal, and by "signed," I, of course, mean "signed by Bobby Boswell." Pretty great. I'm also told there will also be videos, and interviews, and blog-like entries.

Maybe Bobby's mom could offer more details, if she knows anything.

Also, the Giant-Red-Head-dot-com promotion is highly appreciated.

I guess since my response to Gilbert's blog was to launch the James Lang Blog, the only natural response to BobbyBoswell.com is for me to register for DevonMcTavish.com or something, assuming someone doesn't already own that puppy.

By Dan Steinberg  |  February 21, 2007; 10:52 AM ET
Categories:  D.C. United
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: DeShawn Stevenson Hearts LeToya Luckett
Next: Live (Tape Delay) From Vegas: Adam Morrison at the Poker Table

Comments

I'm expecting big things from BB.com, though I'd wish he would go with a better name:

BobbyBlogsWell.com
BloggyBoswell.com
BobBlogLog.com

Posted by: Logan Circle | February 21, 2007 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Chuck Norris would kick Steven Seagal's ass. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas.

Posted by: Chico | February 21, 2007 11:17 AM | Report abuse

If Bobby has his own (and by his own, I mean run by his girlfriend) outlet. Will he be reducing his Bog time? Or does he figure that Bog friendliness is some sort of curse, and he's distancing himself?

Posted by: Kim | February 21, 2007 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Will this take the Mothering Hut to a whole new level? Think of the possibilities...

Posted by: jhorstma | February 21, 2007 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Awesome.

Posted by: Chest Rockwell | February 21, 2007 4:19 PM | Report abuse

BobbyBoswell.com. This will definitely detract from my Bog obsession.

Also, you have to keep me updated on your plans for DevonMcTavish.com. I afraid THAT might detract from my BobbyBoswell.com obsession...

Posted by: L.D. | February 21, 2007 8:50 PM | Report abuse

Bobby's launch party for his site is going to be held at Play Lounge next Tuesday.

Posted by: PLAY | March 12, 2007 4:12 PM | Report abuse