Those Flaming Swords

Since my description of those flames pouring out of the Quicken Loans Arena scoreboard and scorching my face didn't really do justice to the phenomenon, here's some video. The flames erupt about halfway through.

The other part of the pre-game spectacle I forgot to mention is the part where the Wizards logo shows up, and then the Cavalier sword is drawn, and then it slices the Wizard and eventually is driven straight into the Wizard's heart. That's just great. D.C. gives up the Bullets in the spirit of non-violence, and our reward is a flaming sword straight into the heart.

[I guess I won't even try to find meaning in the Cavs' Kiss Cam segment when, after showing all the lovely Midwestern couples making nice, the camera focuses on two members of the Wizards, seated side-by-side, and hilarity ensues, proving once and for all that nothing is more comedic than the idea of two men smooching.]

By Dan Steinberg  |  April 24, 2007; 9:44 AM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tuesday's Papers, and Blogs
Next: More Cheap Shots at Cavs Fans

Comments

haha! you have to go back there tomorrow.

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | April 24, 2007 10:01 AM | Report abuse

hyuck hyuck hyuck, homophobia!

Posted by: mikem | April 24, 2007 10:06 AM | Report abuse

i'm downright militant in my support of all things related to gay rights. sign me up for whatever march we're having, and i'm there.

but i gotta tell you, the absolute funniest kissing cam segment i ever saw was a couple of years ago when the lakers were in town, and the camera settled on two teenage kobe fanboys in matching number 8 jerseys. the look of sheer horror on their faces was worth setting the movement back a few steps.

Posted by: bryc3 | April 24, 2007 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Is mid-western a euphemism for fat?

Posted by: Prophet | April 24, 2007 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Looks like the flames reach up to your upper deck press seats-ha!

Be safe...