Luciano Emilio Would Crush Jordin and Blake

Simon Cowell says this year's Final is too close to call, but his comments on Blake Lewis are particularly telling: "he's a brilliant entertainer," Simon says, "but the negative is he's not a fantastic singer."

I think the same description would be apt in describing the entire D.C. United roster, and most notably Luciano Emilio. Earth to United, please, let me set up the Luciano Emilio Video Blog, once a week, for use on YouTube, Washington Post Live and the D.C. Sports Bog. Trust me, that would be a winner.

Other than that, you'll really have to watch this to appreciate fully Luciano's brilliance as an entertainer and non- fantasticness as a singer. From what we can tell, back-up vocals-wise, the rest of the roster might be even more non-fantastic in the old vocal category, but the camera is fixated on the lead vocal, understandably. (Thanks to BobbyBoswell.com)

By Dan Steinberg  |  May 21, 2007; 11:59 AM ET
Categories:  D.C. United
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Clinton Portis Endorses Dog Fighting
Next: Nicklas Backstrom Likes Swedish Meatballs

Comments

Yeah...nobody at work believed me when I said I was watching video on WashingtonPost.com when they saw shirtless guys in a locker room.

Posted by: sitruc | May 21, 2007 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Luciano looks like Shawn Springs a lil'

Posted by: Jeff | May 21, 2007 12:50 PM | Report abuse

I'm more concerned about Troy having a dog. Someone please tell me he is not taking pet parenting advice from Nicky!!! ;)

-dave

Posted by: gnat | May 21, 2007 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Steinz, how about the report on the Perkins Pup? Is this a DC United thing, taking your dog to work or is it a special day? Or is just because it is a young puppy?

Posted by: John | May 21, 2007 1:20 PM | Report abuse

This song is so much more bearable without the singer's fake cry faces.

Posted by: Maggie | May 21, 2007 1:32 PM | Report abuse

This video would be so much better if I knew who Luciano Emilio was. Conversely, I'd be a better blogger if I knew who Luciano Emilio was.

Posted by: Jamie Mottram | May 21, 2007 1:42 PM | Report abuse

So, instead of having a "Magic iPod" does United have a used boombox?

Jamie Mottram needs to read bozbobwell.com more often.

Posted by: Kim | May 21, 2007 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Ok so was that Troy's puppy? cause I'd like to know more about that..very cute!

Posted by: Anonymous | May 21, 2007 4:29 PM | Report abuse