B-Lloyd "Speculates" About Troy Aikman

AP Photo

And, inevitably, I start to become disenchanted with Brandon Lloyd when he begins "speculating" on rumors about the personal lives of TV broadcasters. During yesterday's broadcast, Troy Aikman suggested that Lloyd could have caught that overthrown go route from Jason Campbell in the second half. Lloyd made his weekly appearance on 106.7 WJFK with The Junkies this morning, and that topic came up. Lloyd ignored the Aikman question the first time it was raised, but revisited the issue later. A transcript follows.

Since I can't recognize the Junkies by voice, they'll all be referred to as "Junks." And go here to listen yourself.

It started when Lloyd talked about when the cameras showed him screaming late in the game; he said he was trying to get his teammates hyped up.

Junks: I loved seeing that, Brandon, because people say, 'Oh Brandon doesn't care, he's smiling after the game,' and I think how can you say that about a guy who got in trouble for smashing his helmet on the sideline, you know what I mean? It's incongruous, it doesn't even make sense.

B-Lloyd: It's tough. It's a tough, it's a tough, it's a fine line between when a guy's showing passion and when a guy doesn't care, you know what I mean? Some guys take losses differently, some guys are able to smile, that's the way guys get over it. Some guys are pissed off for a couple days or till the next game. Guys take it differently. It's tough. It's so much outside input here. I see why people are confused.

You're listening to a guy like Troy Aikman, and you're a fan and you don't really know much about football, I see why you're confused (laughing). There's no such thing as an easy catch in football, there's no such thing.

Junks: Especially when you laid out like that.

B-Lloyd: You know what I mean? So it's tough, man. And I don't believe Troy Aikman anyway. He wasn't man enough to admit his personal life situation while he was a player.

Junks: Wowwwww.

B-Lloyd: So I have a tough time believing him.

Junks: What do you mean his personal life?

B-Lloyd: And there's nothing wrong with his personal life, you know, I have nothing wrong with, with....

(laughter)

Junks: Do you know that that's true?

B-Lloyd: Hey, I'm speculating too. Troy's speculating and I'm speculating.

Junks: [tumult] You're just throwing him under the....NFL players don't....He's like married....He's just speculating....Are you saying that you know something we don't?

B-Lloyd: No, I'm speculating, just like he's speculating. You guys are crazy. (Laughter)

Junks: You're the one who said it.

Naturally, like any good radio hosts, the Junkies bring the topic back later, as they're going through a history of B-Lloyd's quarterbacks and the name Jeff Garcia comes up.

Junks: Hey, what about what they say about Garcia?

Junks: Garcia's not gay.

B-Lloyd: No, man, Garcia's not gay, he's my homeboy.

Junks: What about that Aikman stuff, what'd you hear about Aikman, for real?

B-Lloyd: Oh you know, you know all those stories....

Junks: What about Kordell?

Junks: Oh definitely.

Junks: That's definitely true, right?

B-Lloyd: I don't know, I heard about that, I don't know.

Junks: What about Yancey Thigpen, I heard Kordell and Yancey Thigpen....

B-Lloyd: I don't know, hey, I don't know, hey, if those guys want to say something about me I'll have something to say about them, but for now it's about Troy Aikman. (laughing)

(See also: Mister Irrelevant and Awful Announcing. And others will follow.)

By Dan Steinberg  |  October 15, 2007; 1:33 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Theismann vs. Kornheiser
Next: Penny's Message to Gil

Comments

All that beef.

Gone to waste and spoiling.

Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | October 15, 2007 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Brandon Lloyd you are pathetically off base on this one.

Posted by: Marlene Ramallo Chalmers | October 15, 2007 2:00 PM | Report abuse

What a flippin douchebag...

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | October 15, 2007 2:16 PM | Report abuse

What a nice guy.

Posted by: Skinz | October 15, 2007 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Everyone knows that all Cowboys fans, or players, are as queer as a $3.00 bill

www.fdacowboys.com

Posted by: fdacowboys G20 | October 15, 2007 3:17 PM | Report abuse

aikman looked a very strange shade of human color yesterday

gay? not sure. wouldn't surprise me in the least, though

Posted by: pack4life | October 15, 2007 3:18 PM | Report abuse

One of my old bosses back in the day was good friends with Troy...he would fly her to Dallas to visit him. She said that the most notable part about the trips was that he was a "perfect gentleman" and never tried to do anything. She said that at first she was confused, and then she understood.

Posted by: DC Sports Chick | October 15, 2007 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Did Lloyd go to the Clinton Portis School of Inappropriate Sound Bites?

Posted by: Kim | October 15, 2007 3:42 PM | Report abuse

The transcript, while accurate, does not really portray the conversation. B Lloyd most definitely said everything as quoted, but the interview was multiple Junks and BL going at it and talking over each other. 1-off comments were being thrown out by both sides for laughs, not just by BL. However, he was very frank the rest of the interview, I just wish he hadn't inserted his foot so deep into his mouth with those comments. Firestorm to ensue in t-minus 5....4....3.....

Posted by: J. Jones | October 15, 2007 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Aikman comments on you missing a catch so you come back to say he's gay. A perfect plan! I think anytime someone says something I don't agree with, I'll simply say they are gay. Boss: "Gonna need you to stay late tonight." Me: "Is that because you're gay?"

thehotroute.blogspot.com

Posted by: The Hot Route | October 15, 2007 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Well that definitely wasn't homophobic at all.

Posted by: Ian | October 15, 2007 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Um, hmm - did the Bog even need to go in this direction?

Posted by: Rob Iola | October 15, 2007 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Brandon Lloyd hardly invented the Aikman rumors. They were constant during his playing career.

Posted by: Jim | October 15, 2007 4:33 PM | Report abuse

God, lighten up. It is a comedy show and I thought it was funny. Aikman might be a homo or he might not, who cares? Lloyd got criticized so he gave some stuff back to Troy.

Posted by: John | October 15, 2007 6:41 PM | Report abuse

Seriously though B-Llyod tells something we don't know. whats next deions a coke head and michael irvin loves hookers and stabbing people with scissors.

Posted by: Patrick | October 15, 2007 8:40 PM | Report abuse

yeah, troy rides like that. He liked westwood much more than norman in college, and not b/c the ocean. So what?

Posted by: big whoop | October 15, 2007 11:08 PM | Report abuse

DCSPORTSCHICK:
Nice story you made up out of thin air. Dumbass.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 16, 2007 6:21 AM | Report abuse

Lloyd is a bust and should keep his mouth shut on all issues until he starts to earn his ridiculous paycheck.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 16, 2007 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Lloyd is a 3rd rate receiver who can't take professional (Aikman was talking about his play on the football field) criticism from a hall-of-famer. Lloyd's comments would've been appropriate if Aikman had something like "he could've caught that ball if he had run like he and Vick did chasing that escaped pit bull in NC". Lloyd knows he sucks, and knows he can't say anything about Aikman's career (uhh.. 3 Superbowl rings), so he takes personal jabs just like the low-life trash he is.

Posted by: catch22 | October 16, 2007 10:14 AM | Report abuse

See, John, thing about comedy shows...they're supposed to be funny. "Wacky" radio guys aren't funny. Ever.

Posted by: PeteJayhawk | October 16, 2007 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Maybe if we would not discuss being gay like there is something wrong with it, more athletes would feel comfortable coming out.
We women are way ahead of your homophobia, guys.

Posted by: Virginia | October 16, 2007 12:59 PM | Report abuse

I know the comments weren't exactly classy, but nothing from that show should ever be used for a story on this bog or taken seriously. The Junkies or whatever they call themselves get worse every show. They aren't a sports show and they aren't funny or entertaining.

Posted by: sitruc | October 17, 2007 1:13 AM | Report abuse

Let's see.......
Troy Aikman HOF, three time Super Bowl winner and MVP once or twice if I'm not mistaken.

Aiken used to throw the ball to Michael Irvin who is in the HOF and some Emmitt Smith who I believe is in the HOF...

Then there's Brandon Lloyd..... Let's see.... Lloyd is either overrated, or he's an underachiever (could go either way on this one)...

Lloyd says Aikman doesn't know what he's talking about???? "There's no such thing as an easy catch in the NFL," accoring to Lloyd.. How would Lloyd know??? He's lucky to even get on the field these days....

Posted by: Ravioliman66 | October 17, 2007 2:01 PM | Report abuse

You only wish it wasn't true, anon 6:21 a.m. Get over it.

Posted by: DC Sports Chick | October 17, 2007 2:34 PM | Report abuse

What has Lloyd done in his career to warrant anyone caring what he has to say about anything, much less be on someone's radio show? The guy should spend more time learning how to play the wr position and less time gossiping about other peoples social lives. but that would require him to have a clue...

Posted by: Josh | October 17, 2007 3:41 PM | Report abuse

sitruc - who's made you the authority on what's funny or entertaining? Sorry if you don't like the Junks on your "bog." "They aren't a sports show..."? They're called the Sports Junkies you hee-haw. Don't mess with the Coke Can.

Posted by: Theresa Bishop | October 18, 2007 9:56 PM | Report abuse