Ravens Fans Eat Whole Pig

Seen at yesterday's Ravens game. Why such images haven't yet appeared in those "This Is Our Country" ads, I have no idea. Sadly, I didn't get a photo of the part where Piggy gets crushed by the boulder.

Also, I hate to say this, but by golly tailgating at a Ravens game is a lot more enjoyable than tailgating in some random patch of concrete in Raljon.

By Dan Steinberg  |  October 15, 2007; 12:41 PM ET
Categories:  NFL
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Gilbert and Halle Berry
Next: Theismann vs. Kornheiser

Comments

Kind of a scrawny pig, no?

Posted by: Cindy | October 15, 2007 12:45 PM | Report abuse

They should have wrapped the pig in strips of bacon first.

Posted by: Cindy | October 15, 2007 1:04 PM | Report abuse

That pig is weak.

~ Crabhands, roasted pigs of 70 & 90 lbs.

Posted by: Crabhands | October 15, 2007 2:48 PM | Report abuse

I think you're the first Jew to score an invite to that tailgate.

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | October 15, 2007 2:49 PM | Report abuse

I take offense to that. I'll challenge any Ravens tailgate to a cook off. I'll be in G20 on Arena Dr.

Posted by: fdacowboys G20 | October 15, 2007 3:30 PM | Report abuse

You call that a pig? Come to some college tailgates down south.

Posted by: Birmingham | October 16, 2007 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Did you say Guinea Pig? That may be the definition of a pig up North.....I have seen possums bigger than that.

Posted by: nitr0j0e | October 16, 2007 12:47 PM | Report abuse

it's a large pig... that man cooking the pig is actually a giant.

Posted by: kde | October 16, 2007 1:37 PM | Report abuse

I second the comments of Crabhands!

That pig is weak.

~ Crabhands, roasted pigs of 70 & 90 lbs.

Posted by: Crabhands | October 15, 2007 02:48 PM

Posted by: DC Real Deal | October 16, 2007 2:47 PM | Report abuse

I heard the guys cooking the pig have a h&mo pad on Andre Street in Baltimore

Posted by: Body | October 16, 2007 3:03 PM | Report abuse

This Guy Toza was booted out of our country for poor cooking, poor hockey and being just plain ugly. His roomate is in a serious relationship and no help when they cook the pig...

Posted by: Serbian | October 16, 2007 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Give the guy a break. He's 27 and already bald.

Posted by: BC | October 16, 2007 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Steinberg - there are two key problems with tailgating for a Ravens game. 1) The Ravens' fans and 2) you're in Baltimore. Those aside, it's awesome, er, not at all.

Posted by: Smarterthanyou | October 16, 2007 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Baltimore was just ranked #1 tailgate in all of the NFL

Posted by: Seth | October 16, 2007 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Where is the fire? How are they cooking it? I have been to a Baltimore tailgate before and it was the most well attended and most fun tailgate I have ever been to and I've seen 8 different tailgates.

Posted by: d-ron | October 16, 2007 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Probably cooked it at home and set it up in the parking lot...weak effort from the pig and the guy looks like an extra from the b/w film "Lord of the Flies"...kill kill KILL the pig!

Posted by: ack | October 16, 2007 6:01 PM | Report abuse

sorry if you elite DC fans are upset there is no wine or chesse at most Baltimore tailgates. DC fans are awful which is why half you stadium is always filled by opposing fans!

Posted by: ravenfever52 | October 17, 2007 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Poe Bros Tailgate is the best in B'more. Dan Steinberg was at Poe Bros this past Sunday and interview several of us. His question was "Why is Poe Bros. the best tailgate around?" We showed him around at the brotherhood of Baltimore football which is what makes up Poe Bros. I have lived in Florida for the past 10 years but I will always be a Ravens fan and a Poe Bros. fan. Having traveled to B'more and trailgating with my Son TBird25 and many other personalities this past week, I can tell ya it's the best. Too bad the Skins fans can't experience the brotherhood that a native Baltimore crowd exerts. Gotta love em.

Posted by: Big Bird | October 18, 2007 11:01 PM | Report abuse