Sports Media Karaoke

Thanks to Mike Wise, next week the world will be treated to the on-air stars of the D.C. sports media world doing karaoke at a Bethesda bar. Yes, this will include Wise doing Bon Jovi. Yes, this will include Comcast SportsyNet's Michael Jenkins doing hip-hop. Yes, I'm giddy with excitement.

(Blog interruption: It has come to my attention that no Wikipedia page yet exists for Mike Wise. This is both a grave injustice and an educational flow for America's children. Can someone please get on that?)

The tentative lineup, includes Dave Feldman of FOX 5 and Tony Reali of Around the Horn as MC's, Lauren Houlon from Redskins Radio as the bouncer and the following talent, with commentary by Wise:

Singers: 1. Russ Thaler. 2. Kelli Johnson (I picture Faith Hill, but she could throw us all off and do Pat Benatar). 3. Dave Feldman (Unfortunately, he will be doing either Jim Croce, America or some other wussy rock from 1974). 4. NA. 5. Chick Hernandez (Exact artist TBD, but likely will be Motown-based). 6. Michael Jenkins (Either Eminem, Snoop Dogg or some other rapper. He's good. Very good). 7.Me (Jessie's Girl is a staple, but I may break out some Bon Jovi just for you). 8/9.A duet -- Lindsay Czarniak and Bram Weinstein (AKA Country Gentile Girl from Centreville meets Nice Jewish Boy from Bethesda). They're already practicing, which just makes me angry. You know they're looking at this as their way out of their miserable TV and radio careers. 10. Tony Reali (He might do Sinatra or be my Richie Sambora for Bon Jovi).

And the Encore: Wilbon and Kornheiser, doing Ebony and Ivory. I just need to tell them about it first.

Well if that doesn't get you all fired up, I don't know what will. The event is at Tommy Joe's in Bethesda next Thursday from 6-10. The cover is $5, which is small change to see Michael Jenkins rap. The event benefits Running Strong For American Indian Youth.

By Dan Steinberg  |  October 16, 2007; 1:49 PM ET
Categories:  Media
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: UMES's Nine-Foot Mascot
Next: Fans Give Underwear to the Wiz

Comments

you got something against the #4?

Posted by: littles | October 16, 2007 2:09 PM | Report abuse

#4 must be Jason La Canfora

Posted by: onside kick | October 16, 2007 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Lindsay Czarniak sang "Closer" by NIN to me in a dream the other night.

Posted by: Marlene Ramallo Chalmers | October 16, 2007 2:18 PM | Report abuse

I'd love to see JLAC rocking out to some "underground" garbage, slugging dark beers and quipping about Bog and B Lloyd love.

Posted by: WaPoLiveFan16 | October 16, 2007 2:20 PM | Report abuse

JLC will be performing PM Dawn's Set Adrift on a Memory Bliss

Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | October 16, 2007 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Bram Weinstein is from Silver Spring.

Posted by: jamie | October 16, 2007 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Is there a reason Bog Boy isn't doing a number?

Posted by: Frank From Silver Spring | October 16, 2007 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Reali ought to sing The Roof is on Fire. He'll know why.

Posted by: AC in Chantilly | October 16, 2007 4:43 PM | Report abuse

This is why they made YouTube.

Posted by: Jamie Mottram | October 16, 2007 7:15 PM | Report abuse

I'm already nervous. Dr. Dre? Bell Biv DeVoe? 50 Cent? Throw everyone off and sing Martina McBride?

There's also possiblity that KJ and I may break-off an old school rap duet. That's all I'm going to say.

Posted by: Jenkins | October 16, 2007 8:36 PM | Report abuse

Patrick Stevens does a mean "I'm Too Sexy For My Shirt"

Posted by: DBKAlum | October 16, 2007 8:41 PM | Report abuse

Can you incorporate a cheese prop into your song? Maybe throw some cubed, smoked gouda to the crowd?

Posted by: Chimpanzee Rage | October 17, 2007 11:14 AM | Report abuse