Darius Songaila Is: Borat

Totally fake image courtesy A. Strindberg.

So remember that unicorn bit with Songaila from the other day? Well, believe it or not, that wasn't even the best part of our interview, which is rendered below as No. 9 in our series of Bog Bios.

I actually feared that this would be one of the less exciting Bog Bios, but Songaila had a breakthrough performance, and I'd say this is clearly No. 1, if for no other reason than the too-great but too-short Borat impersonation. Which comes very close to the end, but which has to be the best on-the-record NBA Borat impersonation delivered on the Web this year. There are also two special guest appearances. And I have to admit that I completely underestimated Songaila.

By Dan Steinberg  |  December 13, 2007; 12:13 PM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Bye to Bobby Boswell
Next: Paul Lo Duca's in the Report

Comments

I like how Gilbert loves the impersonation but OPec is more along the lines of, "I despise the man who insults my homeland and wish to spit on his grave" while smiling.

Posted by: burd | December 13, 2007 12:27 PM | Report abuse

I love your job, Steinz. Love it.

Posted by: J.E. Skeets | December 13, 2007 12:35 PM | Report abuse

can you get into his house for a Bog Cribs? I'd like to see that horse with horns.

Itsa niiice.

Posted by: enrico | December 13, 2007 12:41 PM | Report abuse

I hear O-Pec does a mean Fred Sanford.

Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | December 13, 2007 12:52 PM | Report abuse

hahaha now I feel like I know everyone on the Wiz....and did Pesh drop an F bomb in there??

Posted by: LooseCannon | December 13, 2007 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Great one, first of all cuz I never really had the chance to hear Darius!! As you said it Steinz this has to be the best bio this far. An other funny thing, apart from the fact that I feel Darius's a pretty funny guy, for me was that you can feel how Gilbert doesn't want to credit anyone too much for being funny. He says "that's the only thing he does" and it reminds me that less than a week ago Gilbert credited himself for being the locker room stand up guy even though Nick seemed quite shocked. After all right now being funny is one of the only thing Gilbert can do...

Posted by: LilGil | December 13, 2007 3:53 PM | Report abuse

I hear Wiz PR guy Daren Jenkins does a great gary coleman is it true Wiz video cordinator H Lynam and the cave man from tv comercials are real life brothers?

Posted by: bring back laron profit | December 13, 2007 4:57 PM | Report abuse

I have nothing great to say, only that this was hilarious.

Posted by: Ian | December 13, 2007 7:42 PM | Report abuse

That was great.

Posted by: Pdiddy | December 13, 2007 9:50 PM | Report abuse

So, Songaila kills kudus.

Lets hope the guy is better at hunting than he is at basketball.

Still, an antelope is a larger target than a basketball hoop.

Posted by: NC | December 14, 2007 8:19 AM | Report abuse

I heard Wizards equipment manager Robert Suller, better known as Bobby does a great impersonation of Jarrett from Subway since they share dieting tips.

Posted by: YKH | December 14, 2007 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Oh, I always knew that Darius is wonderful player and I'm really happy that he plays for Lithuanian national team, but I've never suspected that Darius is such a funny guy :D
Thanx for this blog, and best wishes from Lithuania ;D