DeShawn's I Can't Feel My Face Explanation

(Nick Wass - AP)

So DeShawn, who named it the "I Can't Feel My Face?"

"I named it, but Tony Yayo does it."

Yeah yeah. But DeShawn, why is it called the "I Can't Feel My Face?"

"Because you do it over your face. And I can't feel it because I'm on fire."

Fire? Wouldn't that register pain? Anyhow, DeShawn, why have you been doing it so damn much lately, to the point where the AP and Tom Knott have taken notice?

"Because I've been en fuego."

So DeShawn, have you been needling Gilbert about how much this team is winning without him?

"I wouldn't do that. That's my boy. That's my right-hand man."

Gilbert Arenas is your right-hand man? Hmmm. So DeShawn, speaking of right hands, can you only not feel your face with your right hand?

"Yeah, because that's what I shoot with. Do I do it left? I don't know what I do it with."

That's all I've got from Wiz land today. Except Nick Young was wearing all white Nikes, which he called the Air Youngs, and which he said would be available in stores in two weeks, except he was not being truthful, and later he said the shoes were called "The Krispy Kremes," which was also not truthful.

By Dan Steinberg  |  December 18, 2007; 4:17 PM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Paul Lo Duca Says "Get Over It"
Next: Bruce Boudreau and Inches

Comments

a pair of Krispy Kremes has instantly risen to the top of my christmas list ...

Posted by: littles | December 18, 2007 4:53 PM | Report abuse

true or false:
Nick Young just makes things up when asked questions.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 18, 2007 7:17 PM | Report abuse

Nick Young invented basketball.

Posted by: sitruc | December 18, 2007 8:49 PM | Report abuse

True or false:

We all giggle when Nick Young makes up things.

Posted by: ScottVanPeltStyle.com | December 18, 2007 10:45 PM | Report abuse

Nick Young cracks me up. He is always saying things and making up stuff. He so reminds me of Gilbert and I could only imagine the fun those guys have in the locker room with the both of them in character. And now it seems they have drawn Pesh into the fray as well. I hear Nick is starting again tonight. Here's to wishing him and the Wiz a breakout game against the Bulls.

Posted by: Lady Wizz | December 19, 2007 8:07 AM | Report abuse

DeShawn, at BEST, is a mediocre NBA player.

Why is it that a player who has never been more than a 7th or 8th man off the bench his entire career has a "celebration" that he revels in when he accomplishes the most basic component of his JOB.

I can't feel my face? I can't stop laughing at what an idiot this guy is.

Posted by: Tony Yayo | December 20, 2007 2:26 AM | Report abuse