DeShawn, LeBron and Soulja Boy in Game 3

(By Ned Dishman - NBAE via Getty)

Well, that was different. Crowd made a bit of noise. Wiz made a bit of noise. Gilbert jumped up on the scorer's table before the game even started, waving his rally towel and making a bit of noise. And Soulja Boy got up on the big screen and made some noise. See video above, and here's the rundown of who said what.

DeShawn Stevenson: [Swipes at image of LeBron James shown in locker room one hour before tip.]

(By Drew Hallowell - Getty)

Soulja Boy: I mean, I've got to support who support me, and that's the Wizards. I mean, I'm a fan of LeBron James, but when it's all said and done I've got to back who backing me up. You know? [Stevenson] called me and invited me out, he said 'I'm gonna fly you out, you just come, rock the jersey, sit courtside,' and I came out.

Dan Steinberg: So are you gonna help the Wizards win?

Soulja Boy: I mean, if it comes down to it, we're gonna have to do what we got to do to win, you feel me? I came all the way out here, we gotta take it home. If it comes down to it, you'll see. For real. We can't lose tonight man. I'm gonna have to talk to him, be like 'It's time to rock,' you know what I'm saying? I've got a lot riding on this.

Brendan Haywood: How couldn't I [see him]? He was blinging all over the place. You couldn't miss him."

DeShawn Stevenson: [Hits three-pointers, waves hand in front of face.]

TNT Analysts: You can't see him!

LeBron James: [Scowls]

Brendan Haywood: Did you watch the first two games? Then you know LeBron ain't overrated

Crowd: Over-rated, Over-rated, Over-rated, Over-rated!

(By Sports Bog)

LeBron James: I've played in more hostile environments than this crowd. I've been in the Eastern Conference finals in Detroit. You know, so that's a lot more hostile than a crowd saying overrated. I smiled when that happened. No big deal.

DeShawn Stevenson: [Hits three-pointers, waves hand in front of face, shakes entire body.]

TNT Announcers: He's invisible again!!!!

DeShawn Stevenson: [Snickering] They say a lot of things.

Soulja Boy: [Does the Soulja Boy on the big screen, concluding by waving his hand in front of his face.]

DeShawn Stevenson: I mean, if I was disrespected as an artist, I would have came too. I felt like Soulja Boy, he felt disrespected, and he came in and showed his support for the Washington Wizards

Mike Wise: DeShawn calls up someone like Soulja Boy and says 'LeBron's disrespected you as an artist, can you come support me,' do you think that adds to the series and the fun or do you look at it like, 'OK, I don't need Soulja Boy against me?'

LeBron James: Well, I know for sure if my son was watching the game he really enjoyed Soulja Boy at the game. My son knows every last dance that soulja boy does and every last song he's ever made. so if my son was watching he enjoyed it

Soulja Boy: I got an after party; after this I'm gonna do three songs at the club. It's me and DeShawn Stevenson, he hosting it.

DeShawn Stevenson: We've got to get him here [Sunday]. We won with him. Me and Gil, we're superstitious. so he's got to come back.

Mike Wise: Do you guys give any credence to the DeShawn-LeBron rivalry?

LeBron James: There's no DeShawn-LeBron rivalry. [Snickering.] There's no DeShawn-LeBron rivalry.

Dan Steinberg: Is it Sunday yet?

(By Nick Wass - AP)

By Dan Steinberg  |  April 25, 2008; 1:11 AM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Radio Fatties Take on the Mystics
Next: Soulja Boy Can't Feel His Face: the Video

Comments

ESPN was likewise clueless about Deshawn's gestures, suggesting that it meant "You can't see me." Oh, they'll be feeling their faces tomorrow when they realize how wrong they were.

Posted by: mrlogical | April 25, 2008 1:51 AM | Report abuse

What a night. So many good story lines.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 25, 2008 1:54 AM | Report abuse

Lmao Stevenson is GARBAGE!!!! Maybe he could talk when he averages 27 + pts & 7 + rebs 7 + ast Like Mj Oscar ANd Lebron JAMES! TAKE THE SHOES OFF HIS TEETH AND STOP RUNNING HIS MOUTH Becuz hes horrible he was like 15 for 70 vs the cavs in the play offs before is sry @$$ 19 pts tonight

Posted by: Lebron James | April 25, 2008 2:36 AM | Report abuse

Cavs fans better recognize. If Deshawn were on the Cavs he'd be their 3rd best player.

The game tonight was a blast. No one left the building with any feeling in their face.

Posted by: Hobes | April 25, 2008 2:56 AM | Report abuse

we made it rain. i mean did u see the emotion out there tonight we need to keep that jonx up. if we can keep z below his avg and not let lebron have a triple dub we can get this done. he cant feel his face, its not that you cant see him. he got real hifey in this biznitch.

Posted by: sears | April 25, 2008 3:49 AM | Report abuse

hahahaha

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | April 25, 2008 9:03 AM | Report abuse

Did LeBron appear out of his Nike character in that press conference last night? He was obviously perturbed by the game, having to answer those questions, and the fans. It wasn't wise of him to give the fans another reason to get on him and the rest of his team. It gets old hearing people question his age, but I admit I laughed when the TNT people were asking if his kid was 11 or something.

Posted by: sitruc | April 25, 2008 9:57 AM | Report abuse

I imagine that Abe Pollin is just as clueless about the gesturing.

Posted by: Everett W. | April 25, 2008 10:07 AM | Report abuse

The hand in front of the face was actually originated by John Cena and not Tony Yayo (who DeShawn got it from) and it did in fact mean "You can't see me."

Posted by: Fushezzi | April 25, 2008 10:20 AM | Report abuse

was at the game last night and don't think you could ask for a better playoff experience. from the wizard's haircuts, the crowd booing lebron every time he touched the ball, deshawn going off and "becoming invisible" (ha!), the overrated chant when lebron was at the line and him clanging his second attempt, and the soulja boy stuff just put it over the top. the 36 point win was also nice.

the fans up in the nosebleeds were merciless in their taunting of everyone in lebron jerseys (strange you never see any others), and some guy in a witness tshirt got it good for the rest of the night when he stood up to cheer when the cavs cut the deficit to 18. not a smart move, the ridicule was brutal and relentless.

this bog post just sums up about how ridiculous last night was, good work dan

Posted by: jrp | April 25, 2008 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Sry wiz fans face reality Lebron can get to the rim at will and ummm last i recall we won last 8-9 games in playoffs vs u so umm just face it lebron is a beast and hes gonna shiit on u guys and put u down under where you belong... Last but not least scoring a whoppin 19 points in a nba game and ur invisible now? Umm Damn lebron must really be invisible cuz last I recall he lead league in pts at 30 pts a game... whats stevenson avg? bout 5.7?

Posted by: The King | April 25, 2008 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Do they not have commas,periods or capital letters in Cleveland?

Posted by: Fushezzi | April 25, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

One game and Wiz fans are acting like the series is over. You guys played a good game, no doubt, but don't get ahead of yourselves just yet. Game 4 will really tell if your team can hang or not. Looking forward to Sunday and The "Overrated" One to show you all why he is The "Chosen" One. His reign of triumph will continue to rip the hearts out of all Wizards' fans for the 3rd year in a row. That's gotta hurt. Fall and worship. Bow before the King.

Posted by: The Chosen One | April 25, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

I thought Arenas was the Chosen One. Oh, right, he is only the Chosen one to ride the bench. Scrub! No wonder the Wiz played team ball in game 3. Even if he can play, best to keep him on the bench and after the Wizards first round exit in game 5, don't even bother trying to sign him a contract. Let the scrub opt out and go elsewhere. He's not worth it.

Posted by: GilBertSucks | April 25, 2008 4:10 PM | Report abuse

ESPN SportsCenter Anchor Steve Levy, Mr. Logical is talking to you, baby!
Get. It. Right.

Posted by: Arlington Pimp | April 25, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

How can you say the Wizards suck. Wizards have 3 all stars on their roster and the bench always steps up. Gilbert didnt play for alomst 70 games and Caron Butler didnt play for almost 20 games and were still in it. Cavaliers haha are you serious. Thats not a team that just Lebron James. Cavs would do nothing if he missed games. Cavs lost every game Lebron didnt play in cause the CAVS SUCK
look at your facts.
LET GO WIZARDS

Posted by: Wizarsbabiy | April 26, 2008 2:58 PM | Report abuse

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Posted by: frt | April 27, 2008 8:31 AM | Report abuse

The wizards suck!!!

Posted by: Flo Rida | April 27, 2008 8:34 AM | Report abuse

I'm people in RWANDA
I LIKE SOULJA BOY !!!
I WONT BE A FREAND BY HIM
MY EMAILIS gabopatrick@hotmail.fr
soulja boy good life every day I LIKE U!!!
BYE

Posted by: Patrick MUNEZERO | April 28, 2008 7:05 AM | Report abuse

Lets be 4real, Deshawn vs Lebron??? not even close. Look at the series and the stat sheet and you'll figure it out

Posted by: Real Talk | April 28, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

idk...i still dont get it...!

Posted by: Essence... | April 29, 2008 9:22 PM | Report abuse

i lou you ok boy

Posted by: jazerett | April 30, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

i love you so much ok boy you is sexy

Posted by: kebra | April 30, 2008 10:39 AM | Report abuse

you is so so sexy to me ok boy

Posted by: rere | April 30, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

soulja boy is you planning on playing b-ball

Posted by: jamie | May 2, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

do you think about playing basket ball let me know aight?

Posted by: soulja girl | May 2, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

i love your song yahhh .

Posted by: amber | May 13, 2008 2:03 PM | Report abuse