D.C. Athletes Are Still Blogging

More Arenas Portis mash-ups: CP-signed Gil Zeros.

Noted briefly:

* So Colt Brennan has a training camp blog? You remember who the previous training camp blogger was, right? Yeah. Tough example. But Colt is taking a slightly different approach: "I like being outgoing, because all media is good media and you can always control what you say," he writes. (Via Stet Sports Blog)

* And Ryan Zimmerman is still blogging, only recently unleashing this lyrical dash of prose that makes Colt seem like Coleridge: "We have a homestand starting next week and I look forward to seeing you all there. It will be good to drive to the park and play. HAHAHAHA!!! Thanks for reading." (Via Mister Irrelevant)

* And Santana Moss is doing MMA training. "It's some tough [stuff], man," he told Homer McFanboy in a lengthy interview.

* And half-naked runners love Smoot Smack.

* And my readers are getting Clinton Portis to sign their Gilbert Arenas Chocolate City shoes, as seen above. Portis called them "HOT," reports Reader Chris, who sent in the pic.

* A new site for female sports bloggers, including several from D.C.

* Zorn! Slip 'n Slides! Soon!

* Finally, if you've fallen behind on your Chris Cooley reading, don't neglect to spend a few minutes starting at this guy's beard. It's really worth the time. Cooley's Fantasy File commercial is below; as he told The Official Redskins blog, "I was actually punching through sheetrock. We did seven or eight takes punching through the sheetrock, and my arm was all cut up all up and down my forearm. By the end, I was like, this is the last one, guys."

By Dan Steinberg  |  July 31, 2008; 10:43 AM ET
Categories:  Nats , Redskins , Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Watch Me Twitter
Next: Off to China: Meet the Beijing Sports Smog

Comments

where is Jason Campbell's video this year?

Posted by: joeblazin | July 31, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

I woke up this morning and brushed my teeth. HAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for reading.

Posted by: Ben | July 31, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

SteinBog

watch those free thoughts wouldn't want to see you in an episode of "Locked Up Abroad"

Posted by: jonthefisherman | July 31, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Cooley is slowly inching up the ladder of D.C.'s favorite athletes.

Posted by: StetSports.com | July 31, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Carrying forward from a few posts back: As others have noted, it was questionable for the Post to publish unauthorized photos of a celebrity's home (even if the Post was let off the hook after the fact). It was an invasion of privacy not to mention an action worthy of a supermarket tabloid rather than a once-illustrious newspaper.

More disappointing is the fact that numerous crude, racist, and offensive comments have been left intact here, despite the policy stating that entries containing inappropriate comments or material will be removed.

Posted by: Not funny | July 31, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

I agree not funny but the Post let people pretty much say anything on these blogs. You should check out the garbage on Ivan Carters Insiders blog. Real trash. As for the pictures of Gil's swimming pool, if I were Gil, I would definitely be hot. If he wanted to show the pictures fine but he did not have to mention how much they "think" Gil paid for the pool because no one knows the real cost but Gil. And because of his poor choice in showing the pictures and naming a price, it is making Gil the butt of jokes across the nations as other papers pick up on this. That post really pissed me off. Gil needs to find the person who leaked these "unauthorized photos" and sue his butt!

Posted by: Anonymous | July 31, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

WHAT?

I thought I had the only Portis signed Chocolate City's in the city!

Posted by: Unsilent Majority | July 31, 2008 2:16 PM | Report abuse