Posted at 11:42 AM ET, 08/15/2006

'Plane' Prep

By Jen Chaney

Only two more days until what has to be the most anticipated snake-related event in human history: The release of the movie "Snakes on a Plane." Rumors are swirling about big groups descending on the first screenings on Thursday night. I've heard some people are even planning to come in costume. But I want to hear the truth straight from the source: What are you planning to do for the big "Snakes" debut?

Will you go on opening night? Will you wear fake snakes around your neck? Where are you planning to see it? Or have you already had it with mother [bleeping] Samuel L. Jackson, snakesonablog and that stupid song by Cobra Starship, so much so that you are boycotting the movie?

I'm curious to know, so please post a comment below with any details you'd like to share. Personally, as there are no press screenings, I'm planning to go to a 10 p.m. show on Thursday (still not sure where), sans stewardess costume. I will blog about the movie so make sure to check here again come Friday morning to get all the gory details.

By Jen Chaney  | August 15, 2006; 11:42 AM ET
Categories:  Movies
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Popularity Contest
Next: New Kids on the Block

Search Going Out Guide for More Events

By Keyword

Comments

I'm going to the Thursday midnight showing. Because I'm just that into it.

Posted by: Christina | August 15, 2006 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Snakes on a Plane is so OVER. Figure it out, folks! The joke is done.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 16, 2006 4:08 PM | Report abuse

I found it interesting that Jon Stewart asked SLJ if SOAP was actually a parody, and he hedged a little. I haven't figured out what was supposed to be so great about this, but must admit that I'm curious and would like to go. I hope the buzz has been genuine.

Posted by: Why not | August 16, 2006 4:58 PM | Report abuse

yeah, so um, i haven't even seen a commercial for it or heard a song. the only thing i read about it was in the express about the snake rancher who owns the snakes for the movie. i think by title alone it has to be awful. what's the premise? snakes are on a plane?

Posted by: not bluto | August 17, 2006 10:17 AM | Report abuse

snakes on a plane, or soap, or SoaP, as it is called by those in the know, might be the best thing to come out of hollywood since "dunston checks in" (1996). don't believe me? hear for yourself what samuel l jackson has to say about it with your own personalized phone call from the snake basher himself: http://snakesonaplane.varitalk.com/
i have tickets to the 10pm showing, the midnight showing and will probably kidnap people and take them to some of the ones on friday as well. i found a plane costume that i wore when i was six and dangled plastic snakes all over it. can't you taste the excitement?!?! SNAKES ON A PLANE.

Posted by: tyler | August 17, 2006 1:12 PM | Report abuse

this is a horribly tasteless movie to those of us who have personally been affected by snakes on a plane. in 1944 my great uncle was bombing the Nazis when suddenly a Hitler-like snake jumped out and bit him. tragically, he was paralyzed from the waste down and was never able to play soccer again. perhaps this movie will at least help raise awareness about this serious and very real problem.

Posted by: wesley | August 17, 2006 1:18 PM | Report abuse

There is an informal Fark (www.fark.com if you don't know) party scheduled for the Friday 10:10 show at the Regal Theater next to the MCI Center, meeting for drinks at RFD across the street at 7:30 or so. There will probably be plenty of people with Tshirts, rubber snakes, etc, so come one, come all.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 17, 2006 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Out here in Chicago I am going to see the movie at 10 when it opens. Is there really any doubt that people will walk out of the theatre saying it was awesome? I mean, even if it is terrible, it will be so funny that no one will care. Either way, it will be hilariously bad or spectacularly awesome.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 17, 2006 4:23 PM | Report abuse

I didn't want to go last night 'cause I was afraid they would let some snakes out in the theatre and come out with a documentary next year SNAKES IN A THEATRE. Now that i know its safe, the time has come... SNAKES ON A PLANE. I've been swept up in the excitement. Oh yeah, say it with me people: SNAKES ON A PLANE.

Posted by: Leroy | August 18, 2006 8:57 AM | Report abuse