Truckin': Friday's Trivia

Mark Martin's on the pole for tonight's GM Flex Fuel 250. Who won last year's Craftsman Truck series race at Daytona, and what position did he start from?

By Mike Snyder |  February 17, 2006; 7:24 AM ET  | Category:  Trivia Quiz
Previous: Daytona 500 Starting Lineup Is Set | Next: The Princesses of NASCAR

Blogs That Reference This Entry

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Comments

Bobby Hamilton won and started 'way back there in the mid-30s didn't he?

bc

Posted by: bc | February 17, 2006 09:06 AM

Waitaiminute, some more neurons are firing after my coffee. Didn't he actually start dead last, and then there was the photo finish with Spencer? That was a good one, IIRC.

bc

Posted by: bc | February 17, 2006 09:10 AM

Jeff Gordon won and started from the 15th position.

Posted by: Denise C. | February 17, 2006 09:40 AM

No Gordon win! It was Hamilton, and he did start dead last, 36th to be exact. Cheers to you, bc!

Posted by: Mike | February 17, 2006 10:38 AM

Excellent.
I've spiked my laptop and am doing an end zone dance. But not as lamely as the helmet spike and Ickey Shuffle DW did after he won the 500 in '89...

bc

Posted by: bc | February 17, 2006 10:44 AM

Sorry to be so harsh, Denise C. It's my knee-jerk anti-Gordon reaction. You're probably thinking of last year's 500. Ciao!

Posted by: Mike | February 17, 2006 11:32 AM

Nice blog Mike, just seeing it today. Damn, can't believe I missed most of it.

Good trivia questions. NO Gordon for sure, it was Hamilton.

Are you going to be keeping this up into the season? The trivia is great. Don't let it end after this week.

For those who are looking for more FREE interactive race day trivia you should check out "raceday" an interactive nascar game played nationwide at bars that have NTN.(the race is on TV at the same time)

NTN locations and prizes etc can be found at: http://www.ntn.com/hospitality_tech/players_corner/promotions/raceday/index.asp

This a great game where you make a bunch of predictions right before the race. Then there is race trivia during the race and updates all during the race concerning your picks. Prediction part is at 2:00.

You can win $50k and it's a lot of fun.
We will be playing and watching the Daytona 500 at JJ Muldoons in Gaithersburg Md. There are many NTN locations all over the DC area. (see the website above)

Did I mention it's free and played all across the country at the same time via satelite.

A must for all Nascar fans that can't be at the race itself.

Go Jr. and Tony.

BUD

Posted by: BUD | February 17, 2006 03:25 PM

Speaking of trucks, the UPS commercial featuring DJ "Racing the Truck" is supposed to be on during the 500.

I wonder if the commercials on during the 500 will ever be watched as closely as those during the Super Bowl?

bc

Posted by: bc | February 17, 2006 03:41 PM

Thanks for posting BUD. I'd like to try to keep blogging through the season, but I couldn't keep up this type of pace all season. My wife'd throw me out for sure. This is a Speedweeks special.

Have you seen that Apple's giving away a free race preview podcast? I'm not sure I'll have time to give this a very good listen right now, but if you or any of your racing buddies can, check it out and let me know what you think:

Posted by: Mike | February 17, 2006 04:18 PM

Who cares? Todd Bodine will win tonight, Ted Musgrave second.

Posted by: Workingman | February 17, 2006 04:50 PM

I understand Mike. I didn't realize all the other sections,which I have now read, were here as well. That was a lot of work.

How about just a trivia question or 2 per week?? That can't take too long. :)

Setzer will win trucks,Jr. will win the Busch and Tony will squeak out the Cup win.

BUD