Lopez, Boone explanations

So Manny Acta is on board with the Felipe Lopez-to-left experiment.

"I'm not worried. I had a talk with him, and he offered to pitch if we needed him to," Acta said a while ago. "He had the right attitude for it. This is not the final game of the World Series anyway. This is the fourth game of the regular season. This is the time for us to find out whehter he can do it or not."

Lopez spent about 20-30 minutes working with first base coach Jerry Morales in left field before the game. He took balls off the bat of Willie Harris, who was hitting soft tosses out there. It reasonably simulated how the ball would come off the bat from home plate.

Lopez's first impressions: "A lot of running. I just got to catch the first fly ball. I think I'll be all right. It's just like anything else. You do it the first time, and you get comfortable."

Lopez, too, reiterated he's on board with this. "I just want to get at-bats, get in there," he said.

"It doesn't scare me," he said. "I'm not nervous. I'm ready to take on the challenge."

Aaron Boone at first base today. First, here's Acta on why Nick Johnson is sitting against lefty Jamie Moyer.

"The matchup is not good for anybody with this guy. He gets out the three of them. Dmitri has a little bit of success against him. Boone needs to get some at-bats, too. I'm not going to run Nick down just because we're 3-0. The guy's coming back from that injury. He never played three games in a row a full nine innings in spring training. It's the first week of the season. Day after night game. So we got to try to keep everybody involved."

The reason Boone is playing over Dmitri Young: "Dmitri still has a little bit of a tight back. So he's a little limited when it comes down to being in the field." Young is, however, available to hit. He's 1 for 2 in pinch-hitting appearances thus far.

More news. Chad Cordero played catch in left field under the watch of Acta, pitching coach Randy St. Claire and head athletic trainer Lee Kuntz. He said all went well. "The shoulder felt really good," he said. They'll give it a day to see how it feels, and he could throw a bullpen session Saturday in St. Louis. The absolute earliest he could be in a game would be Sunday.

One more small item: Johnny Estrada will begin a rehab assignment tomorrow at Class AAA Columbus.

And let's give you the lineups one more time:

Washington:

Howard -- 3
Burrell -- 7
Jenkins --9
Feliz -- 5
Coste -- 2
Moyer -- 1

See if you can get your eyes on this one.

By Barry Svrluga  |  April 3, 2008; 11:52 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lopez in left field
Next: Break up Nats -- and Shawn Hill update

Comments

We covered this the other day but for all of you who have uncooperative computers/systems at your offices - CBS Sportsline does a very good in-game gameday if you can't access the one through MLB.

Enjoy.

PS - Over/Under the times FLop has to crow-hop just to hit the cutoff

Posted by: Corey | April 3, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

I know that Manny and JimBow express confidence in FLop, but I want to see how he adapts to having to run for balls hit his way coming out of the sky of a multi-deck stadium. I don't doubt that he has the athleticism, but this may turn out to be a not-so-excellent adventure.

Posted by: natsscribe | April 3, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

as the old baseball saying goes, when a manager is trying to hide a fielder the baseball inevitably finds him.

Posted by: leetee1955 | April 3, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

I love Lopez attitude, genuine or not he's saying all the right things.

I firmly belive this move is all about getting FLop at-bats to keep his spirits up until they can get the right deal worked out to move Belliard, thus getting FLop at his natural position (2B) and bring up Orr to be the backup IFer.

What do you think JimBow would consider fair value or Ronnie Belliard?

Posted by: estuartj | April 3, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

That's kind of what I was thinking, leetee.

I mean, one of the things said about Lopez is he has a hard time keeping his head in the game. How is that going to work with him out in left, where he may not see a ball for innings at a time?

Can't get my eyes on this one, but my ears will be glued to my headphones.

Posted by: John in Mpls | April 3, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Me, too (don't use Super Glue, though).

---

Can't get my eyes on this one, but my ears will be glued to my headphones.

Posted by: natsfan1a | April 3, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

One of the benefits of the TV version that some of my compatriots here will appreciate... Debbi Taylor just interviewed Felipe Lopez at his locker with his shirt off. Mmmmrrrrooowrrr!

Posted by: JennX | April 3, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

:( I'm C&D only today.

Posted by: natsfan1a | April 3, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

"Debbi Taylor just interviewed Felipe Lopez at his locker with his shirt off."

Was it FLop, or his cardboard cutout?

Posted by: Twinbrook, MD | April 3, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

...and don't forget not only does the baseball inevitably find out-of-position fielders, but it usually happens at the worst possible time.

Posted by: leetee1955 | April 3, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Go, F-Lope!

Posted by: natsfan1a | April 3, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Good one, Twinbrook. This time it was the real thing, though if such a cardboard cutout exists, can someone send it to me? Thx.

By the way, before this lovely undefeated spell is broken, I'd just like to say that my $5 bet on the Nats to win the World Series is looking pretty brilliant right now. ;)

Posted by: JennX | April 3, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

leadoff double for Guzman...

Posted by: BSG | April 3, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

...and an early 1-0 lead thanks to an error

Posted by: BSG | April 3, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

CBS is behind

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | April 3, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Which two Mets batting 7-8 combined for 5 RBIs last night?

Posted by: Mike | April 3, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

seeing eye grounder up the middle for boone. 2-0. job well done.

Posted by: theraph | April 3, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

And Aaron Boone delivers an RBI single - I guess Manny knows what he's doing :)

Posted by: BSG | April 3, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

I really hope the Lopez experiment works. I'm more worried about him at the plate. They always say that when you're struggling or worrying about your defense it affects your offense. Go Nats

2-0!!!! Aaron Friggin Boone!!!

Posted by: BigQ | April 3, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

And Belliard with a 2-run double!

Posted by: BSG | April 3, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

BELLIARD!!

4-0 NATS!!

Posted by: JennX | April 3, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Belly with a double scoring two, 4-0 Nats.

Posted by: John in Mpls | April 3, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

"Which two Mets batting 7-8 combined for 5 RBIs last night?"

A: Church and Schneider.

Way to go guys!

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | April 3, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Jesus!!!!

Posted by: McBride | April 3, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

and there's Flores with another 2-out double. Did the Nats get Lo Duca to get them better 'roids or something. I don't believe I'm watching the same team as last year.

Posted by: Michael | April 3, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

This one's getting ugly for the Phillies - can't be too much longer before their fans start booing...Flores now with an RBI double to make it 5-0

Posted by: BSG | April 3, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

"Debbi Taylor just interviewed Felipe Lopez at his locker with his shirt off."

Call me when she takes *her* shirt off.

And isn't he covered with tats anyway>

Posted by: Section 419+1 | April 3, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Check your Dodgers stationary!

9-men first inning. Who asked the question about when Jamie Moyer was done? Answer: Now.

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | April 3, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Now, THAT is an explosion

Posted by: Jason | April 3, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

JennX, natsfan1a,
Although I want to get into the spirit of the wild living first place fan base I am keeping my shirt on while I post. Eat your hearts out (or more likely celebrate) ladies.
Let's play two!

Posted by: SlowPitch63 | April 3, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

This from that other paper:

"The Boston Red Sox have decided to give Pena a World Series ring and share of the players' prize pool and have invited the outfielder to attend Tuesday's ceremony honoring the championship club. The Nationals will give Pena, who was traded from Boston to Washington on Aug. 17, permission to attend."

Posted by: Bob L. Head | April 3, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

A five run 1st sure takes the heat off off Lopez in LF.

If they pull Moyer I think Manny should sub Mackowskiendbfkjsbe (sp?) Or Harris and move Lopez to 2B (or SS) and give Belli a break, and get Lopez a full gaves worth of At-Bats.

Posted by: estuartj | April 3, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Man, I get hit with the triple-whammy....My Cox Cable craps out last night and I can't get the game, I'm landlocked in a building with no radio reception, my internet has tons of security firewalls on it making it impossible to get MLB Audio. Live gameday is where it's at for me.

JESUS SAVES!

Posted by: Corey | April 3, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

5-0!! As with this game, there is a long way with this season. However, there is reason to hope ofr 81-81 or even a fews games above .500. I have always thought that one could tell after 25-30 games, with the odd exception, how a team was going to do for the season. LETS GO NATS(CAPS)!

Posted by: A Hardwick--Soon to be Sec 204 | April 3, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Nah. Let's pour it on for a while first. Remember how productive the Phillies are once they find their groove. I would say that until we get a 8-9 run lead, we better keep the starters in.

Posted by: Michael | April 3, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

"More news. Chad Cordero played catch in left field under the watch of Acta, pitching coach Randy St. Claire and head athletic trainer Lee Kuntz."

OK, Lopez I can sorta see, but if they start running the Chief out there, too ...

Posted by: MIB outfielders | April 3, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Apropos of some of the posts above, NatsInquisition had this to say today about Lopez in left:

"It's sort of like letting Lopez do a pole dance on the left field foul pole and having all the other team's GMs out there cooing and marveling like mid-aged women waiting to put dollar bills in his jock.

Go gett'em, stud."

Posted by: Bob L. Head | April 3, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

yes. guzman.

I love this.

Posted by: natsinthevalley | April 3, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

I'm guessing the Boone over Hook call was the right one thus far.

If this team starts 4-0, will there be a groundswell of attention then?

Posted by: FearlessFreep | April 3, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Haha!! There is already action in the bullpen!

Posted by: natsinthevalley | April 3, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Though the thought of Felipe Lopez in left scares me to death, this is the right time to see how it (the experiement) works. I like the fact that the 3-0 start (and the Nationals are leading 5-0 in Thursday's game) hasn't changed the team's thought process that we are still building for the future. That said, I'd have much preferred to see Justin Maxwell play in left until Wily Mo and Elijah return from the DL. I really think this kid has real potential.

And Guzman just hit his 2nd double of the game. Wow.

Posted by: The Beltway Boy | April 3, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

and the 2nd inning is starting like the 1st: runners on the corners, noboday out, and Zimmerman up...

Posted by: BSG | April 3, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Duly noted, SlowPitch! ;)

---

JennX, natsfan1a,
Let's play two!

Posted by: natsfan1a | April 3, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Hi folks. I'm not using PEDs anymore. Can you tell?

Posted by: Jamie Moyer | April 3, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Wow, boo birds are out in force.

Posted by: natsfan1a | April 3, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

i hate you masn, but thank you for the shots of the pained phillyphans

Posted by: love | April 3, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Holy crap, it's like they switched uniforms before the game!

Posted by: epok | April 3, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

FYI, your beloved Justin Maxwell and myself (along with others) used to smoke MARIJUANA all the time while we were at UMD.

Puff Puff Give Justin.

Posted by: Former MD Terp | April 3, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Come on, Boooooooooone!

Posted by: natsfan1a | April 3, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Hey, Former MD Terp, it's 2008, not 1958.

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | April 3, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

That double play burns...

Posted by: Jason | April 3, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

You can tell Former Terp is NOT O's Exec. Either that or s/he's hired a secretary to spellcheck the posts.

Posted by: MIB | April 3, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

And Ryan Howard gives us an easy out to start the bottom of the 2nd...

Posted by: JennX | April 3, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Whatever just happened, CBS Sportsline is on the fritz because of it. I saw double-play, then no outs, then triple-play, now Kearns is back up to bat.

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | April 3, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Just chiming in from Philly. Went to the game last night. It was dollar dog night (i.e. college night) which led to a pretty rowdy crowd. But they went home quiet. Listening to the game on Phillies radio right now, and their announcers are apoplectic (though we really should have put a couple on the board in the 2nd and just completely buried them). Oh well. Its always sunny in Philadelphia when the local teams are losing.

Posted by: Mo Monroe | April 3, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Yay, Felipe!

Posted by: natsfan1a | April 3, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Slowes says Lopez handled that "as if he made that play a thousand times."

Posted by: John in Mpls | April 3, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Lopez, youre a natural!

Posted by: Jason | April 3, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Felipe's fine running catch in left makes me think we need a new mascot: a crow, wearing a bib napkin -- the Eating Crow.

Man, I love this job. What? I don't work for Nats marketing? Hey, who does?

Posted by: CE | April 3, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

That's nice, but shouldn't you be getting ready to pitch, Jason? Oh wait, wrong Jason. :)

---

Lopez, youre a natural!

Posted by: natsfan1a | April 3, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Well whaddayaknow -- Flippie actually CAUGHT a fly ball in left field... :-)

Posted by: Juan-John | April 3, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Lopez with a putout on a hooking ball. So far so good, for the "Philadelphia Experiment". Feel free to broow the line, Barry.

Posted by: Fisch Fry | April 3, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

We could work in Heckle & Jekyl cartoons

Posted by: CE again | April 3, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Jesus doubles!

Posted by: Juan-John | April 3, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

I don't want to jinx it, but Guzman has been great this year

Posted by: Jason | April 3, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Flores gets his second double. Dang, that boy REALLY wants to stay up here!

Posted by: MIB catchers | April 3, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if any of the improvement we're seeing is the result of the Nats having a second spring training under Acta as opposed to just natural development plus better players in a few spots. I'd like to believe that adapting more fully to Acta's system might be helping but there really isn't evidence at this point.

Posted by: Michael | April 3, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Huuuuuge by Jesus so that Bergmann isn't leading off the next

HUGE

Posted by: Corey | April 3, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

FLop still can't hit. And I'm pretty sure that my mom could've caught that fly ball...

Posted by: natsinthevalley | April 3, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

I'd forgotten how much fun being unproductive while listening to a day game could be... :-)

Posted by: Juan-John | April 3, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

no mom would have talked the ball into getting it self out to stop the pain

Posted by: love | April 3, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Nats, through order twice.
Philly, through once.

I remember those days.

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | April 3, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Of course I would have caught that ball.

Posted by: natsinthevalley's mom | April 3, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

We could work in Heckle & Jekyl cartoons

Posted by: CE again | April 3, 2008 01:47 PM

-----

Heckle & Jibe?

Posted by: it almost works | April 3, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Meh, what's *a* home run?

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | April 3, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Meh. So long as Bergmann can keep them to 3 or less in 5-6 innings, we should be satisfied. Considering the talent base that we have to work with, that kind of production from our starters would be great.

Posted by: Michael | April 3, 2008 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Evidently I am going to need to find a new job since my gameday audio refuses to work on this machine. How is a person suppose to get any work done if they have to watch the Sportline in addition to refreshing NJ all the time? Go Nats!

Posted by: lowcountry | April 3, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Utley's career average vs. Bergmann?

That would be .133 after flying out to Lopez.

Posted by: John in Mpls | April 3, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

We're already starting to see some good press:

The opening line from the AP story:

"A new stadium may not be the only change for the Washington Nationals. They've got a new attitude -- a winning one."

Posted by: Bob L. Head | April 3, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Bergmann is still throwing a decent game, 1 run through 3 innings is alright, just so long as he can pitch 6 full and hold them to under 3 runs, we'll be fine.

Posted by: Jason | April 3, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

lowcountry, am I looking in a mirror?

Posted by: Corey | April 3, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

How old is Bergmann?

Posted by: Cobra Kai | April 3, 2008 2:02 PM | Report abuse

---

Posted by: natsfan1a | April 3, 2008 2:02 PM | Report abuse

lowcountry, am I looking in a mirror?
____________________________

Well if you are I sure hope that you have your shirt on!

Posted by: lowcountry | April 3, 2008 2:03 PM | Report abuse

CE, I like the Eating Crow idea. Maybe we could suggest that one be added to build-a-bear.

Posted by: Bob L. Head | April 3, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Bergmann would be 27 if my math is correct (after looking at the roster page).

Posted by: natsfan1a | April 3, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse

"I would think that Felipe would appeal to women of all ages, but what do I know? :)"

This is confirmed, my red-headed Cubs-fan girlfriend was raving about him on opening day with one of her friends. They're both 25. That's not middle-aged, even though I tell her that to lower her self-esteem enough so that she'll keep dating me.

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | April 3, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Will you all still be doing the "play-by-play" than?

Posted by: O's Exec | April 3, 2008 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Perhaps you could give us a few pointers based on your wide experience with tanking, O's Exec.

Posted by: Nats Exec | April 3, 2008 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Bergy's 26 (will be 27 in Sept.)

Posted by: Bob L. Head | April 3, 2008 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Kearns, great RBI double! Man, that pick off hurts... now, oh well, its all good.

Posted by: Jason | April 3, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Was Guz actually picked off of 2nd or were we trying a double steal?

Boy, that hurts. Bases loaded nobody out in the 2nd and we don't score. 1st and 2nd nobody out in the 4th and we might not score.

I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the arse.

Posted by: Diz | April 3, 2008 2:09 PM | Report abuse

By then, we'll be doing play-by-play for Baltimore games. If the Nats are doing that poorly, we could use a laugh.

Posted by: John in Mpls | April 3, 2008 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Way to go Kearnsy...I feel better now that we pushed the run across.

Is it too early to buy a broom?

Posted by: Diz | April 3, 2008 2:11 PM | Report abuse

dont think thats a double, he gets second on the throw home

Posted by: love | April 3, 2008 2:11 PM | Report abuse

I thought Manny didn't like stealing in the first five innings. What the heck was Guzzie thinking? Instead of a two-run double and chasing the Phillies pitcher off the field, Kearns only gets a one-run double.

Then again, this ain't a bad problem to have when we're up by five runs... :-)

Posted by: Juan-John | April 3, 2008 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Double steal, Diz. They were going on first movement, and Moyer caught it.

Posted by: John in Mpls | April 3, 2008 2:11 PM | Report abuse

They were trying a double steal. They both went on first move, and Moyer guessed right.

Posted by: Mark | April 3, 2008 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Nice to come right back and get that run back. I like the double steal call - even if it did go bust. Manny's keeping the pressure on.

Posted by: lowcountry | April 3, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

"Man I can't wait to see how you all handle this when the Nationals start to tank and end up fighting with the Marlins for 5th place."

"Tank" as in place to keep crabs for delicious crab-cakes?

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | April 3, 2008 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Gameday says Ryan Howard just fouled off a pitch trying to bunt. Is that true?

Posted by: Bob L. Head | April 3, 2008 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Thanks John/Mark. I am stuck in the office and can only get the action off of MLB.com. It gives you the "what" happened, but not the "why" or "how" it happened.

Posted by: Diz | April 3, 2008 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Did Howard really just try to bunt?

Posted by: lowcountry | April 3, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Howard did try to bunt. I guess the nats use the huge shift on him, regardless, him trying to bunt is doing us a favor.

Posted by: Mark | April 3, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Jason Bergmann is a stud.

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | April 3, 2008 2:19 PM | Report abuse

So I missed the first inning of the game because of class...but is this really happening? I just listened to Bergmann strike out the side...this is fun!

Posted by: VT Mikey | April 3, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Bergmann... strikes out the side, I love it.

Posted by: Jason | April 3, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Are you nuts? We've been "handling" that for the past few years now. We're used to it. How are you Os fans going to handle never being out of last place all year?

Posted by: Michael | April 3, 2008 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Am I imagining things or did Jason Bergmann just strike out the side? Any 4-6 in their batting order no less...

Posted by: estuartj | April 3, 2008 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Not only did he just strike out the side, but it was the heart of the order, meaning he now has an opportunity to cruise through the sixth against the 7-8-9 batters. Bring it, Bergy! We need those first two outs so that they're not tempted to pinch-hit for Durbin.

Posted by: Bob L. Head | April 3, 2008 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Ooops...Tim Kurkjian just pooped all over your alls hopes and dreams for the season.

He said the Nationals will finish 4th.

Enjoy this little run while it lasts guys.

Posted by: O's Exec | April 3, 2008 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Yay, a hit for Felipe!

How's he doing in left?

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | April 3, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

He's successfully handled two chances, 506. BTW, Barry has a new post.

Posted by: natsfan1a | April 3, 2008 2:30 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad Tim Kurkjian told us that. Now I don't have to watch anymore. Thank god for experts.

Posted by: Mark | April 3, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Oh well, he missed on fielding that one.

Posted by: natsfan1a | April 3, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

5-4-3 DP coming up.

Posted by: Bob L. Head | April 3, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

I forgot to say that the O's will continue their tradition of futility all year.

Posted by: Tim Kurkjian | April 3, 2008 2:32 PM | Report abuse

J-Max is a Sherwood Warrior too!

Posted by: 6th and D | April 3, 2008 2:32 PM | Report abuse

This Orioles Promotion Just Announced:

"The first 40,000 fans in August (and into September) will receive an Orioles Beach Towel, courtesy of the Ocean City Convention and Visitors Bureau. The Towels will be orange and black, and have the slogan, 'Wouldn't You Rather Be At The Beach?' screened on the front.

"While supplies last..."

Posted by: Orioles Swag | April 3, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Yes! Rollins flies out to Lopez. Music to my, um, fingers?

Posted by: Bob L. Head | April 3, 2008 2:36 PM | Report abuse

what happened to Bergmann!

Posted by: hootpip03 | April 3, 2008 3:51 PM | Report abuse