Brian Bluhm

If you would like to express your condolences, offer a tribute or share your memories of Brian Bluhm with others, please enter your thoughts below. We'll post them after reviewing what you've said, and correcting any spelling or grammatical mistakes. »Profile of Brian Bluhm.

By washingtonpost.com editors |  April 18, 2007; 5:29 PM ET

Tributes

Brian's silly orange pants are not what I want him to be remembered by. While Brian did adore Virginia Tech, it was not his first priority. His faith came first...his family and friends second. My official statement about Brian Bluhm is this: He was a very dear friend during my time at Tech. Always smiling, always encouraging, always people-focused! You couldn't catch him in a bad mood! His life absolutely glorified God...may God be glorified through his death as well!

Posted by: angela antonucci | April 18, 2007 07:30 PM

Rest in Peace...

Posted by: A.Ball (Wheaton, Md) | April 19, 2007 10:15 AM

I am deeply sorry for your loss. My son died of a gunshot wound also, so I understand you confusion and shock. Please reach out to all that you can to help you get through this terrible time. My prayers are with you.

Posted by: Becky C | April 19, 2007 11:48 AM

rest in peace your smile brightens my day

Posted by: shanae myrick | April 20, 2007 09:57 AM

I would like to send my deepest sympathies for the family and friends. May you be strong at this time of sorrow and may you keep the memory close to your heart always, accompanied with a smile through the tears...

***

Time, a year
One step at a time, into this darkness
One step at a time, into this unknown madness

By Kylli

***

Posted by: Kylli | April 20, 2007 11:20 AM

Outstanding young man who will be sorely missed in many places and hearts. To those who knew him best, I'm so sorry you have lost him. He was part of our online baseball community at minorleagueball.com and will be missed there as well.

Posted by: Rik Boyd | April 20, 2007 04:25 PM

Brian, you will be greatly missed! Thank you for being such a wonderful friend to our son, Ricky. You were probably the brother he never had and it has left a big hole in Ricky's heart that you are no longer with us. We know you are in heaven watching over all who loved you so. God Bless you. You may be gone but never forgotten.
Mary Elizabeth & Tom Castles, Ricky's parents

Posted by: Mary Elizabeth Castles | April 21, 2007 09:26 PM

Dear Family of Brian Bluhm,
I want to express my sincere sympathy for the loss of your loved one. Words can only be a token of any expression I would like to make to your family.You may find that for a time your emotions will be somewhat unpredictable. Tears may flow without much advance warning. . Be patient with yourself. And do not feel that you have to hold back the tears. Remember, they are a natural and necessary part of grieving. Please take care of yourselves. Sincerely

Posted by: Sandi Watkins | June 22, 2007 09:39 PM