Christopher James "Jamie" Bishop

If you would like to express your condolences, offer a tribute or share your memories of Christopher James "Jamie" Bishop with others, please enter your thoughts below. We'll post them after reviewing what you've said, and correcting any spelling or grammatical mistakes. »Profile of Christopher James "Jamie" Bishop.

By Hal Straus |  April 18, 2007; 3:55 PM ET

Tributes

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Posted by: C. Young (Washington, DC) | April 18, 2007 06:56 PM

Jamie Bishop was one of my best friends, and I am heartbroken that he is no longer with us. My tribute to him is located at my blog.

Posted by: Jason Erik Lundberg | April 19, 2007 04:04 AM

Rest in Peace.

Posted by: A.Ball (Wheaton, Md) | April 19, 2007 10:12 AM

I did not know Jamie, but his parents are great friends with my parents from a long time ago. What an unimaginable tragedy and loss. My heart bleeds for his family and friends.

Posted by: J. Brown | April 19, 2007 01:39 PM

que DIOS te bendiga y te tenga en su santo sitio para que desde alli ores por nosotros,

tu nunca moriras por que los que te conocieron nunca te van a olvidar.

Posted by: hugo ortiz | April 20, 2007 01:07 AM

rest in peace my friend

Posted by: shanae myrick | April 20, 2007 09:56 AM

Jamie was my Intermediate German teacher at UNC-CH in the spring of 2004. He had such an energetic and fun approach to teaching, that he actually made me enjoy learning the language. I can still remember our class jokes about David Hasselhof’s singing career and our plans to watch Shaolin Soccer after finals were done.

My heart and prayers go out to his wife, family, and to all who knew him.

Jamie, du warst ein echter Mann und ein wunderbarer Deutscher Lehrer. Sie werden wahrhaftig vermisst.

Posted by: Sachi V. | April 20, 2007 10:55 AM

I would like to send my deepest sympathies for the family and friends. May you be strong at this time of sorrow and may you keep the memory close to your heart always, accompanied with a smile through the tears...

***

Time, a second
Time, a minute
Time, an hour
Time, a day
Time, a week
Time, a month
Time, a year
One step at a time, into this darkness
One step at a time, into this unknown madness

By Kylli

***

Posted by: Kylli | April 20, 2007 11:16 AM

Psalms37:7-11
7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret—it leads only to evil.
9 For evil men will be cut off,
but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.
10 A little while, and the wicked will be no more;
though you look for them, they will not be found.
11 But the meek will inherit the land
and enjoy great peace.

My prayers are with you!

Posted by: M&M | April 20, 2007 11:25 AM

My son had the pleasure of meeting and working with Jamie at UNC-CH. He said Jamie was such a great guy...a really nice person. He will be greatly missed. Our prayers go out to his family and friends.

Posted by: Kathy B. | April 20, 2007 11:27 AM

Gott sei mit Ihnen. Your life was honest and filled and worth living. Blessed are you.

Posted by: Helene | April 21, 2007 04:35 PM

your were a good man even I never meet you or seen you before

Posted by: | April 24, 2007 03:19 AM

Dear Family of Jamie Bishop,
I want to express my sincere sympathy for the loss of your loved one. Words cannot express my hope for you, as the days move on I hope you will be encouraged by the little expressions of hope I want to share with you. You may find that for a time your emotions will be somewhat unpredictable. Tears may flow without much advance warning.Be patient with yourself. And do not feel that you have to hold back the tears. Remember, they are a natural and necessary part of grieving. Psalms 55:22 makes the assurance that GOD will sustain you. Please take care of yourselves. Sincerely

Posted by: Sandra Watkins | June 22, 2007 08:41 PM