Daniel O'Neil

If you would like to express your condolences, offer a tribute or share your memories of Daniel O'Neil with others, please enter your thoughts below. We'll post them after reviewing what you've said, and correcting any spelling or grammatical mistakes. »Profile of Daniel O'Neil.

By washingtonpost.com editors |  April 18, 2007; 5:27 PM ET

Tributes

A dear man. The world is lesser without him.

Posted by: | April 18, 2007 05:46 PM

I was viewing the victims of the senseless Va Tech shootings. I came upon your website Dan. I visited it and listened to your music. I liked it very much. My heart goes out to you and your family as well as all the other young people that had their lives taken from them and their families. The girl in the picture with you on your website, whether she was a friend or love, I'm sorry for her loss. Godspeed Dan, you will be missed but never forgotten. To the O'Neil family, listening to Dan's music made me feel the loss of a young man that had his whole life ahead of him. Not just a horrible story on CNN.
My heartfelt feelings are with you all.

Posted by: Ken Scott | April 18, 2007 09:06 PM

Dear Dan, thank you for creating a website of your music, your heart and soul live on. Three days later and the sun just came out after days of gray and rain. May your spirit find it's way to your loved ones.

Posted by: Diane | April 19, 2007 09:46 AM

I am deeply sorry for your loss. My son died of a gunshot wound, so I understand your confusion and shock. Please reach out to all that you can to help you get through this terrible time. My prayers are with you.

Posted by: Becky C | April 19, 2007 11:55 AM

While I now live in Blacksburg, I grew up in Rhode Island, so your loss added an extra pang. How nice that people can still listen to your music. My deepest sympathy to your family, relatives and friends.

Posted by: Cynthia Scott Chappelka | April 19, 2007 09:00 PM

wow
went to your music page
a part of you wil always live
my heart goes out to all those who knew and loved you
may you rest in peace
forever

Posted by: JY | April 20, 2007 04:37 AM

I would like to send my deepest sympathies for the family and friends. May you be strong at this time of sorrow and may you keep the memory close to your heart always, accompanied with a smile through the tears...

***

Time, a second
Time, a minute
Time, an hour
Time, a day
Time, a week
Time, a month
Time, a year
One step at a time, into this darkness
One step at a time, into this unknown madness

By Kylli

***

Posted by: Kylli | April 20, 2007 11:31 AM

My heart goes out to all those who knew Daniel O'Neil. The world has lost a talented, wonderful person. Beautiful songs; a beautiful person....Daniel O'Neil your memory will live on in the hearts of those who loved you and strangers around the world...Thank you

Posted by: Sarah Winograd | April 21, 2007 01:58 PM

Lovely music. A strong young man, sensitive and introspective. He obviously lived life fully. As we all should. He is a good example to us all. Only 22 but quite wise.

Posted by: yolanda | April 21, 2007 07:46 PM

Your cousin Brittany just told me about the tragedy. I send my condolences.

Posted by: Anna | April 21, 2007 10:53 PM

God cares!

Posted by: | April 26, 2007 05:51 PM

I never knew Dan, It seem as, he was my best friend. As a child of God, we are all one!He has gone home to a much better place then this one!

Posted by: I am a friend of God | April 26, 2007 05:55 PM