Daniel Perez Cueva

If you would like to express your condolences, offer a tribute or share your memories of Daniel Perez Cueva with others, please enter your thoughts below. We'll post them after reviewing what you've said, and correcting any spelling or grammatical mistakes. »Profile of Daniel Perez Cueva.

By washingtonpost.com editors |  April 18, 2007; 5:12 PM ET

Tributes

My heart goes out to Daniel and his family. I too am from Peru, and have family there, who heard the news and informed me that all Peruvians are greiving for the loss of one of our own (along with the rest of the other students of course) who was trying to better himself here in the states. Again, love and support to those who have been lost in the terrible incident.

Posted by: Diana | April 18, 2007 05:35 PM

To the Perez Cueva family. We extend sincerest sympathy to you on the passing of your beloved son, Daniel. You remain in our thoughts and prayers. May God bless you.

Posted by: D | April 18, 2007 06:04 PM

Our prayers & love for all. May you find peace & strength in God

Posted by: deena thomas | April 18, 2007 10:19 PM

R.I.P Daniel Perez Cueva may God Be with You

Posted by: luke | April 18, 2007 10:52 PM

This is for Daniel and his family. I extend to you my sincerest condolance.I'm not Peruvian but when we heard that we lost a Latino in our nation, all Latinos fell like they have lost a fmaily. We will always have you and every student in our heart.God bless you and your family!

Posted by: Brenda | April 18, 2007 11:54 PM

Rest in Peace Daniel.

Posted by: A.Ball (Wheaton, Md) | April 19, 2007 10:19 AM

There is no words that can express the sorrow, the pain for these kind of things to happen. Coming to this country for a better life, full of dreams and working hard to making them happy and finding tragedy in the way. My sincere condolences to Daniel's mother,family and friends.

Posted by: Elena Patino | April 19, 2007 11:01 AM

To the Perez Cueva family. Your family is in my prayers, and may God comfort you through this time of your loss.

Posted by: Nora Jones | April 19, 2007 11:03 AM

I am deeply sorry for your loss. My son died of a gunshot wound also, so I understand you confusion and shock. Please reach out to all that you can to help you get through this terrible time. My prayers are with you.

Posted by: Becky C | April 19, 2007 11:49 AM

no hay palabras para describir el dolor que se siente. cuando se pierde un ser querido.mucho menos cuando se trata de un hijo.soy madre y le mando mis mas sinceras condolencias ala familia de daniel que dios los vendiga.

Posted by: lisseth juarez | April 19, 2007 12:07 PM

I am a Latina who graduated from University of Maryland, so I know that takes perseveranceto come to the U.S., learn the language and hope that your dream come true of graduating will come.
My prayers goes to the Perez Cueva family

Posted by: Alejandra Davila | April 19, 2007 12:55 PM

As an alum of Hylton I am truly shocked and sadden by this. My prayers go out to all of the families.

Posted by: jen | April 19, 2007 02:07 PM

Solo quiero decirles que todos estamos con ustedes, todos estamos dolidos por esto que ha pasado, se que es muy dificil, y que es un trago muy amargo. solo queda la esperanza en jesus, hacerquence a el que el les dara esa paz que tanto ustedes necesitan...Que el senor los bendiga y que esta prueva de la vida no los desbarate, si no que los aga mas fuertes.
les doy mi pesame y no se sientan solos en esto. Hay uno muy poderose que esta alla arriba y que esta tambien con ustedes.

Posted by: Alma Julys | April 19, 2007 03:14 PM

As a recent former college student, it deeply saddens me to hear about the tragic events of April 16th. So many young men and women struggling to improve their lives and their communities were taken away from us. My prayers and best wishes go to the friends and families of the victims.

Posted by: Edgar Jaramillo | April 19, 2007 05:17 PM

Mi mas sentido pesame para la familia de Daniel Perez Cueva. Aunque no lo conocia, por lo que he leido aqui, fue un gran orgullo para su familia, amigos, y toda la comunidad. Mis respetos.

Jorge Alberto Uribe

Posted by: Jorge A. Uribe | April 19, 2007 07:23 PM

Perez Cueva Family Very sorry for you loss!
Hamilton Ontario

Posted by: | April 19, 2007 11:35 PM

The world needs more people like Daniel. I pray for him and his family and hope that someone can take his place.

Thank you to his family for raising such a fine young man.

Patrick

Posted by: | April 20, 2007 01:01 AM

the whole virginia tech incident really did'nt come to reality to me until i read this..
my prayers go out to daniels family, and all the families of victims of the virginia tech massacre.

Posted by: katie weborg | April 20, 2007 10:18 AM

i am too from peru, so my family and i all grive the loss of daniel perez cueva.
my prayers go out tothe perez family, and all the families of victims of the virginia tech massacre.

Posted by: kati vaquero | April 20, 2007 10:20 AM

I would like to send my deepest sympathies for the family and friends. May you be strong at this time of sorrow and may you keep the memory close to your heart always, accompanied with a smile through the tears...

***

Time, a second
Time, a minute
Time, an hour
Time, a day
Time, a week
Time, a month
Time, a year
One step at a time, into this darkness
One step at a time, into this unknown madness

By Kylli

***

Posted by: Kylli | April 20, 2007 11:34 AM

My sympathies to the family of Daniel ...I'm from Peru too...We come here for a better life and give our love ones good education,send them away to college and this happens...It's just not right
our sympathies to all victims
Familia Paz en San Francisco

Posted by: Marco A. Paz | April 20, 2007 02:04 PM

I am praying for the Perez family so God help then cope with their lost. Being married to a Peruvian somehow make close to then. God bless you and help througth this.

Posted by: Mary | April 20, 2007 02:47 PM

Mi más sentidas condolencias a la familia de Daniel Perez. Yo soy peruana y vivo en Northern Virginia y me siento orgullosa de saber que un peruano, Daniel, haya alcanzado éxitos y altos logros durante su corta vida. Soy madre de un muchacho de 20 y una muchacha de 24, y sólo puedo imaginar el dolor que Uds. deben sentir por su falta. Tuvieron un hijo maravilloso, un hijo ideal, que está con el Señor ahora descansando en paz. Tenemos que recordar que los hijos son de Dios y que nacen a través de nosotros. Que Dios los bendiga.

Posted by: Iby Amparo Diaz | April 20, 2007 04:34 PM

Wow, so close to home.I lived there as well but I went to forest park and peruvian as well. Always passed hylton on my way to work at potomac mills. My thoughts and prayers go out to you bro and your family.

Posted by: Bryan | April 21, 2007 11:04 PM

My heart and prayers are with you. May your son,brother Daniel perez cueva rest in eternal peace.

Posted by: Caroline Amin | April 22, 2007 11:24 AM

I did not know Mr. Perez, however, I think he was a most beautiful human being. I was really touched that he had saved his money and at 18 pursued the idea and ultimately achieved his goal of purchasing a residence for his mother; that he was attending VT full time but continued working to help support his family financially. He was a loving, good and caring human being. My deepest condolences and heartfelt prayers to his family.

Posted by: Diane Harris | April 27, 2007 11:52 AM