Emily Hilscher

If you would like to express your condolences, offer a tribute or share your memories of Emily Hilscher with others, please enter your thoughts below. We'll post them after reviewing what you've said, and correcting any spelling or grammatical mistakes. » Profile of Emily Hilscher.

By washingtonpost.com editors |  April 18, 2007; 2:33 PM ET

Tributes

I am deeply sorry for your loss. My son died of a gunshot wound also, so I understand your confusion and shock. Please reach out to all that you can to help you get through this terrible time. My prayers are with you.

Posted by: Becky C | April 19, 2007 11:52 AM

emily was great

Posted by: sammie | April 19, 2007 02:45 PM

D.E.P.

Posted by: KH | April 19, 2007 07:50 PM

To the family of Emily Hilscher I would like to send my prayers to You.

May God Bless You!

Posted by: Erica | April 19, 2007 08:57 PM

Emily Hilscher family,

So very sorry for your loss!

Posted by: | April 19, 2007 11:38 PM

To the family and friends of Emily Hilscher. I am deeply sorry for you loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Posted by: Mandy P. | April 19, 2007 11:48 PM

I send out my heart, my tears and my deepest sympathies to the parents of Emily, her siblings and her friends for this loss. This tragedy deeply affects all Virginians near and far. I hope that peace finds you one day, and that your days be blessed.

Posted by: Rebeca | April 20, 2007 04:15 AM

MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN PEACE MAMI! SO SAD TO LOOSE A YOUNG AND PRETTY GAL LIKE YOU.

Posted by: Phyle R | April 20, 2007 07:16 AM

what happened to her?

Posted by: | April 20, 2007 11:14 AM

I would like to send my deepest sympathies for the family and friends. May you be strong at this time of sorrow and may you keep the memory close to your heart always, accompanied with a smile through the tears...

***

Time, a second
Time, a minute
Time, an hour
Time, a day
Time, a week
Time, a month
Time, a year
One step at a time, into this darkness
One step at a time, into this unknown madness

By Kylli

***

Posted by: Kylli | April 20, 2007 11:25 AM

i'm really sorry for emilys death:(

Posted by: jessica | April 20, 2007 12:18 PM

My condolences to the Hilscher family on the lost of your dear one. We know you loved Emily dearly but God loved her even more. Be consoled, she is now safely in His tender care. May you be strengthened by God's love and abundant blessings.

Posted by: Margaret | April 20, 2007 03:24 PM

I don't know Emily but I am an equestrian too and note her love of horses. I am in a horse show this weekend and will be wearing a Tech ribbon with Emily's name on it in her honor. My horse will also have a similar ribbon pinned to his saddle pad. My prayers are with all in the aftermath of this tragedy.

Posted by: Geri | April 20, 2007 03:30 PM

To the remembrance of Emily Hilscher:
While I never met Emily, I met her parents in High School at London Central HS on an American AFB, just 25 miles northwest of London back in 1974-76.
Her mother, Beth, played flute in the band next to my sister. And Eric and Beth were my lunch mates on many occasions during that time. God Bless their family and all who have suffered by this cowardly act.
Posted by Tom Gleason

Posted by: Tom Gleason | April 20, 2007 04:45 PM

My deepest sympathy goes out to the Hilscher family and ALL of Rappahannock County. I know the sense of belonging and love your beautiful County showed to me some 30 yrs ago, and can only imagine the grief you all must feel after one of your OWN is so horribly lost in her prime. Horses were her soul, JUMP Emily! You threw your heart over the fence and we will follow.

Posted by: Carol Lee Wood | April 20, 2007 11:19 PM

my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time of your sorrow

Posted by: bob taylor | April 22, 2007 07:14 PM

Why must it be that one less great mind must be taken from us? If this continues, who will lead us during this time of madness?

Posted by: | April 26, 2007 03:15 PM