Jeremy Herbstritt

If you would like to express your condolences, offer a tribute or share your memories of Jeremy Herbstritt with others, please enter your thoughts below. We'll post them after reviewing what you've said, and correcting any spelling or grammatical mistakes. »Profile of Jeremy Herbstritt .

By washingtonpost.com editors |  April 18, 2007; 5:05 PM ET

Tributes

My heart goes out to Jeremys family. Although I did not know Jeremy I too went to PSU with a Civil Engineering degree. I also grew up not far from Jermeys home town of bellefonte. Its so sad such a bright young man fell victim to such a horrific tragedy.

Posted by: Jay Nestlerode | April 18, 2007 10:51 PM

I am deeply sorry for your loss. My son died of a gunshot wound also, so I understand your confusion and shock. Please reach out to all that you can to help you get through this terrible time. My prayers are with you.

Posted by: Becky C | April 19, 2007 11:51 AM

We just found out that Jeremy was a distant cousin of my wife (third cousin). We just want to express our deepest sympathies and heartfelt prayers to Jeremy's family.

Posted by: Jason L. | April 19, 2007 12:32 PM

As a fellow Catholic who is shocked by this tragedy, Jeremy however Im sure was greeted at the Pearly Gates by St. Peter with open arms. What a shame for us, and what a blessing of youth, talent, and enthusiasm for Heaven.

Posted by: | April 19, 2007 12:39 PM

I am writing a paper on this horrible massacer at virginia tech and I came accros this profile on your son. I am deeply sorry for your loss. But you know what they say angels die young. Your sons talkative happy self will always live on through his friends and family. Again I am very sorry for your loss.

Posted by: Hayley Driscoll | April 19, 2007 01:04 PM

As a former Penn Stater in the Class of 2004, my deepest sympathy goes out to Jeremy and his family. I pray that you will be able to find some inner strength that will give you the peace to move beyond this.

Posted by: Kashra Taliaferro | April 19, 2007 04:21 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with your family. May God Bless You. Rest In Peace.

Posted by: Erin Johnson | April 19, 2007 06:39 PM

MY HEART BREAKS FOR YOUR FAMILY.IM SURE JEREMY WAS A FINE MAN ,HE CAME FROM GREAT ST. MARYS STOCK.MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH THE HERBSTRITT FAMLY. GOD BLESS

Posted by: GEORGE S GORNATI | April 19, 2007 08:33 PM

sounds like a very bright boy! be proud of your boy forever... god bless you!

Posted by: kelly in cali | April 20, 2007 03:02 AM

As I look at your son's picture, I sense a deep love for the Lord, and know that he is in the arms of Jesus who loves him.

Posted by: Deborah Jones | April 20, 2007 03:41 AM

Hey I'm sorry about Jeremy!!!

Posted by: Brittany Cope | April 20, 2007 10:15 AM

I would like to send my deepest sympathies for the family and friends. May you be strong at this time of sorrow and may you keep the memory close to your heart always, accompanied with a smile through the tears...

***

Time, a second
Time, a minute
Time, an hour
Time, a day
Time, a week
Time, a month
Time, a year
One step at a time, into this darkness
One step at a time, into this unknown madness

By Kylli

***

Posted by: Kylli | April 20, 2007 11:24 AM

I am so sorry about the loss of your son, Jeremy. You can tell by looking at his picture that he was a great guy! For what it's worth, I believe we are relatives. My mother's family, also named Herbstritt, lived in St. Mary's until moving to Erie, PA. My grandfather's name was Jerome (J.O.) Whether related or not, you and Jeremy are in the thoughts and prayers of many of my family members as well as myself. God bless you!

Posted by: Maureen Domino | April 20, 2007 06:26 PM

As I read the biographies of your son Jeremy, I am saddened by the loss our world has expereinced. Saddened by the loss of a young man who looks like he could light up a dark room with his beautiful smile. I send to you my deepest sympathies with love from one American family to another. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and thoughts forever. God Bless You.

Posted by: Debbie | April 22, 2007 10:06 AM

The picture of Jeremy is compelling, I keep going back to it. The sly grin on the face that says to me that he is in on the secret. It hurts deeply to think that this man is gone.
To the family of Jeremy Herbstritt, and all the Tech victims, may your hearts heal.

Posted by: Steve Saunders | April 22, 2007 02:04 PM

To the Herbstritt Family,
I watched CNN on Wednesday, just two days after the tragedy, I saw Wolf Blitzer interviewed Peggy and Michael Herbstritt. When they talked about how nice Jeremy is, it makes me think that he is a friendly person when I saw his picture.

Posted by: Yuhon Ho | April 23, 2007 12:33 AM

Although I din't know him I feel a great loss.

Posted by: A. | April 26, 2007 06:49 AM

Jeremy was an absolutly wonderful persnon he always smiled and laughed. Everytime I would see him he would talk straight into a conversation. I Remember when I was just a kid he would always be willing to help me or my family with anything. alot of people misss him and so do I. he was a wonderful person, and he'll always be in mine and everyone elses hearts. Also you guys can pull through your strong like that love ya Herbstritt family.

Posted by: Kelly | May 1, 2007 06:54 PM

I've been reading all of the tributes about my son Jeremy. I am proud to know that so many other people felt so close to our son as us, his mother and father. We are having a difficult, horrible time dealing with Jeremy's death by such a brutal killer. I love Jeremy's mother and want to console her so very much, but whatever I do will never be the same as seeing Jeremy again.
The people in our central pennsylvania area and the blackburg area have been so kind and considerate. They have reached out and touched us with love. It is so comforting to know of the good that exists in our world. We must remember to celibrate Jeremy's life and his passion for living life every day. I ask each and everyone of you to love one another, to love your children and your parents, to love your brothers and sisters.
Jeremy was so special to us, we will always remember him. Thank you

Posted by: Michael Herbstritt | May 5, 2007 08:47 PM

When the Masscare happened and was on TV I saw Jeremy.The first thing you see is that big beautiful smile of his, I even told my mom he was good looking!Sometimes I watch Tributes of VT on YouTube and I cry its really sad to see you know Jeremy sounded like a great dude to be around!Im talkative to.I use to watch the news everyday, didnt care if my favorite show was on I just watch it to see if they would show Jeremy and they did a couple of times.Oneday Im going to go to colloge and maybe oneday I will succed as well as well as Jeremy did.Sorry about your son!

Today We Are All Hokies!
We will prevail we will prevail we are Virginia Tech!

4:37 PM June 22, 2007 Alexis 12 years old 6th grade