Lauren McCain

If you would like to express your condolences, offer a tribute or share your memories of Lauren McCain with others, please enter your thoughts below. We'll post them after reviewing what you've said, and correcting any spelling or grammatical mistakes. »Profile of Lauren McCain.

By washingtonpost.com editors |  April 18, 2007; 5:18 PM ET

Tributes

As a Psychologist, can only state that this useless tragic loss of many lives should never have happened! There were many signs along the way which the college should have dealt with: the stalking of the girls; the weird essays; being removed from his class room; the clinic evaluation warning of his obvious illness. Then after the 1st shooting, the campus should have been locked down; classes cancelled & since email lines were jammed, loud speakers should have been used. Then the city police should have been called in immediately; also after the clinic evaluation, the police should have been notified so that he was unable to purchase guns- which are too easily obtained in VA- wittness how many criminals from N Y & Wash DC purchase guns in VA!
VA!

Posted by: Dr. Beatrice Brody | April 19, 2007 05:56 AM

I feel sorry for you and the gunman

Posted by: Martin Kennelly | April 19, 2007 07:10 AM

I am deeply sorry for your loss. My son died of a gunshot wound, so I understand your confusion and shock. Please reach out to all that you can to help you get through this terrible time. My prayers are with you.

Posted by: Becky C | April 19, 2007 12:05 PM

We are touched deeply that Lauren acknowledged Jesus Christ boldly. She was saved and whether we face it now or we put it off - Salvation through Christ is all that matters in the end. Won't you accept Him today? Right now?
May the Peace that only Jesus Christ can bring be with the McCain family and friends.

Posted by: Franz and Rebecca | April 19, 2007 04:38 PM

At this terrible time, you don't need the second or third message. Be proud that you had a lovely daughter and that you obviously were excellent parents. I will think of her as a star shining down from the heavens, twinkling, forever.

Posted by: cynthia chappelka | April 19, 2007 08:10 PM

I thank God Lauren was as Christian; she is now in a better place. Jesus truly is Lord!

To God Be the Glory!

Posted by: Thierry | April 20, 2007 08:42 AM

our thoughts and prayers are with you all

Posted by: Jim Martin..Angie Sowers and famely | April 20, 2007 10:18 AM

I would like to send my deepest sympathies for the family and friends. May you be strong at this time of sorrow and may you keep the memory close to your heart always, accompanied with a smile through the tears...

***

Time, a second
Time, a minute
Time, an hour
Time, a day
Time, a week
Time, a month
Time, a year
One step at a time, into this darkness
One step at a time, into this unknown madness

By Kylli

***

Posted by: Kylli | April 20, 2007 11:31 AM

McCain family,
I am deeply saddened by your loss, but inspired by your faith in Jesus Christ. Mr. McCain, your thoughts seen by myself on the news have strengthened my search in Jesus Christ. Thank you for your faith.

Posted by: scott | April 21, 2007 11:04 AM

McCain family,

Posted by: scott | April 21, 2007 11:07 AM

God Bless you sister. See you there someday

Posted by: Larry | April 21, 2007 01:53 PM

Hi Lauren
I saw your page on myspace.com and just cried. What a beautiful person you were...

Rest in peace sweetie..

Posted by: cathryn | April 21, 2007 03:18 PM

My heart is heavy for this family. As she was a very "spirited" young lady. Admitting you are a Christian in MySpace and saying Jesus was her hero. We need many young teens like her to carry on a torch for what they believe in and there is no doubt that this sweet, spirited young lady isn't with her hero right now!!

Posted by: Kelly Donnar | April 21, 2007 07:16 PM

What a beautiful witness Lauren was. I am also thankful that Lauren was a Christian because now she is with the love of her life Jesus Christ!! Our Lord and Savior-but it is our choice-I agree-To God be the Glory!!!

Posted by: B. Smith | April 21, 2007 08:59 PM

God Bless You to the McCain family. Joel, I'll be praying fo you all.

Posted by: Mark Sarchet | April 21, 2007 09:40 PM

Joel and the McCain family, word and advice are the last thing you might need right now. I have recently had my best friend and baby brother taken from our family. I want to give you my prayers and my condolences. You can miss her, but don't wish you could have her back, she is in a better place with God. God bless you all.

Posted by: TB | April 22, 2007 03:39 AM

Lauren was one of the greatest people you could ever know. She treated everyone she met with so much love just as if they were the only person in the entire world. She always had a smile on her face and the great part about it is that when she smiled, she actually meant it. She was a joy to be around and I am honored to have been good friends with her. She was and still can be a role model for us all. She Loved her lord Jesus Christ more than anything else in the world. She truely had a loving relationship with him instead of just being religous. While I am saddened that she is not here with us today, I put a smile and rejoice because I know that she is home, dancing with her Lord.

Posted by: Alex Edwards | April 23, 2007 10:21 AM

To all families of this senseless tragedy our prayers and thoughts are with you at this time. To the family and friends of Lauren may God be your peace and comfort during this difficult time. Your pain is felt even on the other side of the world. Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Posted by: Jane Curline | April 23, 2007 09:04 PM