Leslie Sherman

If you would like to express your condolences, offer a tribute or share your memories of Leslie Sherman with others, please enter your thoughts below. We'll post them after reviewing what you've said, and correcting any spelling or grammatical mistakes. »Profile of Leslie Sherman.

By Hal Straus |  April 18, 2007; 3:29 PM ET

Tributes

Dear Sherman Family, It is with hearfelt sympathy that we extend to your family condolences on the loss of your beloved daughter, Leslie. Our thoughts and prayers are with each of you at this difficult time.

Posted by: David & Andria Post (Springfield, VA) | April 18, 2007 05:52 PM

My prayers go out to her family. May god bless you. I know from her mother that she was an exceptional young lady who never let anything bring her down.

Posted by: HM3 Leslee Hayes | April 18, 2007 08:18 PM

My prayers are with you and your family during this dificult time. I know from her mother what and inspiration she was and what an exceptional young lad she was. Leslie was remarkable and is someone to whom I would want my childrent to look up to.

Posted by: HM3 Leslee Hayes | April 18, 2007 08:21 PM

Dear Sherman Family--You are in our family's thoughts and prayers at this painful time. May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Posted by: The Stinson Family (Springfield, VA) | April 19, 2007 09:06 AM

Dear Sherman Family- It is with our heartfelt sympathy that we send your family our condolences on your family's loss of Leslie. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. My God help you threw this difficult time.

Posted by: The Martin Family | April 19, 2007 11:41 AM

Dear Sherman family - My prayers are with you and your family during this horrific event. I graduated from West Springfield in 1995 and graduated from VT in 1999. I played basketball at West Springfield as well. Although I did not know Leslie, I want you to know that you are part of the best community (West Springfield & VT) that one could have. We are a large family and we are here for you. Be strong and keep your faith and know that you have myself and thousands of others to count on and be there for you.

Posted by: Jeff B. | April 19, 2007 12:24 PM

I worked with Leslie at The West End Dining Hall on Virginia Tech campus from January to May, 2006. We both worked in the Chop Shop. Usually, it was very hard to find subs for dates you needed off, but many of the times for me, Leslie quickly volunteered. I would say, "Ya know, I'll trade you for another day if you want me to work for you." With a smile on her face she'd say "ah, I need the money anyway," and would start humming or singing. Always a very hard worker and a kind soul.

Posted by: John L | April 19, 2007 12:46 PM

Dear Sherman Family- My brother was a good friend of Leslie's and he misses her terribly. I've only met her once or twice, but she was a wonderful and talented young lady. Last night there was a ceremony at Kirkwood Church in Leslie's hometown of Springfield, Virginia. Her best friend and sister were there. Also Leslie's AP History teacher at West Springfield High School, Jim Percoco gave a speech. It was a beautiful ceremony. I cry for Leslie as I know you do. Trust in God to guide your way, and anything will be possible.

Posted by: | April 19, 2007 05:44 PM

Posted by: Anna Lees | April 19, 2007 05:47 PM

I am a 1991 graduate of WSHS. I feel the loss as if I knew Leslie. My thoughts are with you.
Godspeed.

Posted by: paul m | April 19, 2007 09:50 PM

Dear Sherman Family,
I ran track against Leslie as a sophomore in high school. I ran into her one meet, and we began to talk for awhile. She was such a wonderful person. She had the biggest smile on her face, and she seemed to just be so happy to be there, cheering her team on every chance she got. She really inspired me to try and do the same. You should be very happy with the life that she lead. My prayers are with you with all of my heart. God will help you thru this.

Posted by: Tommy Clark | April 20, 2007 12:52 AM

I knew Leslie through basketball even though I was a few years ahead. She is the kind of person who always made you feel like you meant something. Your daughter has left to early but made a lasting impression. My prayers to you and all the families who have lost loved ones.

Posted by: ML | April 20, 2007 10:19 AM

I would like to send my deepest sympathies for the family and friends. May you be strong at this time of sorrow and may you keep the memory close to your heart always, accompanied with a smile through the tears...

***

Time, a second
Time, a minute
Time, an hour
Time, a day
Time, a week
Time, a month
Time, a year
One step at a time, into this darkness
One step at a time, into this unknown madness

By Kylli

***

Posted by: Kylli | April 20, 2007 11:39 AM

in as much as our paths never crossed my heart goes out to her loved ones.i pray that god gives you the strenght to bear this great loss.far away from nigeria my heart is heavy.God be with you.

Posted by: LEENA NWANDU | April 20, 2007 03:23 PM

We went to HS together. I didn't know her well - I can only remember her smile.

Posted by: Edwin Copeland | April 20, 2007 05:11 PM

As Springfield residents all the way here in Europe, our prayers go out to the family and friends of Leslie. Our son also went to WSHS before we moved to Europe for our overseas assignment. She's in Gods care now and one of his many angels...We pray that your wounds may heal real soon and that God may lift up your spirits and that your tears may become tears of joy, not of sorrow. Remember Leslie the way she was... Soon we all be with her....

Posted by: LVR | April 21, 2007 02:39 AM

As a Great Aunt,I did not know her as well as I'd have liked. I just know from reading the numerous tributes to her that I am proud to havae been her Aunt........Was going to re-acquaint this August. May God grant peace to all the family.

Posted by: Gayle Lindeblom | April 21, 2007 07:13 PM

these stories are so very said too me. We only live like two hours away from Virgina Tech. I just can not believe how people in this world we live in can be soo very Evil..

Posted by: M. H | April 22, 2007 12:34 AM

I worked with Leslie at Wegmans in Fairfax Va. She always brought a smile to our faces and was a pleasure to have known. God bless her family and fellow classmates in this trying time.

Joe D.

Posted by: Joe D. | April 25, 2007 04:07 PM

I visited Leslie's grave today at arlington cemetary, it was a moving experience but a bit difficult to locate her, there is no marker as of yet.
I expected to see lots of V-tech memorials and flowers but I guess they have already been taken down.

Posted by: carey rayburn | May 1, 2007 07:38 PM