Maxine Turner

If you would like to express your condolences, offer a tribute or share your memories of Maxine Turner with others, please enter your thoughts below. We'll post them after reviewing what you've said, and correcting any spelling or grammatical mistakes. »Profile of Maxine Turner.

By Hal Straus |  April 18, 2007; 5:43 PM ET

Tributes

To all family and Friends. No words from me can come close to expressing the sorrow that I feel. I just pray to God that you will be blessed and comforted in the days and years ahead and know Maxine will never be forgotten and may she be etranlly blessed. In faith and hope with a sorrowful heart I lift you up May God Bless you all.

Posted by: jon Pavlovsky | April 18, 2007 09:02 PM

I am so sorry god bless you

Posted by: slimani mohamed | April 19, 2007 03:50 AM

En tant qu'algerien je ressens toute la tristesse et le malheur endurés par le peuple americain et les familles des victimes mais j'espere que dieu dans sa grande plénitude saura les reconforter à leur juste valeur et comme vous dites en anglais GOD BLESS YOU

Posted by: slimani mohamed | April 19, 2007 03:55 AM

My second daughter is the same age as Maxine, she goes to the University in Milan, Italy,where we live. I cannot imagine how I would feel now if it happened to her what happened to Maxine.
I just saw Maxine's smiling face on the web. She looks so nice, she embodies the perfect image of the beauty of life, one would think the world is a good place if faces like Maxine's populate it... It's awful what happened. I will pray for Maxine and the other victims, I believe they are now in a better place...

Posted by: Roberto Lucca, Milan, Italy | April 19, 2007 11:02 AM

I can't imagine what the family must be going through. Parents are not suppose to outlive their children. I had a friend that died in a traggic car accident last year. Her parents are still in a lot of pain. There are no words that can be said to relieve the pain. All we can do is pray. All we can do is live every moment as if it were our last & remember that life is a fragile gift. We must treat ourselves with love and respect.

This is very sad. I live in Vienna and I have two cousins that go to Virginia Tech. We were lucky that they survived, but deeply sad for those who didn't.

I will keep Maxine in my prayers. God bless her and her entire family.

Posted by: Luci Desouza | April 19, 2007 11:31 AM

My family and I send our condolences to all the families of these young people who suddenly died on monday.
This is beyond words
Please lets hope this country will forbid the sales of weapons.
Let s not ever forget, we must ban guns of any sorts from our lives, guns do not protect us they kill us, so many exemples are proof of this.

Posted by: Mrs Nicolas Casefrja | April 19, 2007 04:17 PM

It will pass and heal in time. You will never forget but as days passes by you will feel better.God is a God of broken hearts get close to him and he will heal you. May the peace of God be with you. Phindi Mngomezulu

Posted by: Mildred Phindi Mngomezulu | April 19, 2007 08:56 PM

We will miss you forever Maxine. We will meet again someday in a better place. Help us be strong. Always missed... never forgotten. We love you.

Posted by: Mike Schmidt | April 20, 2007 03:11 AM

"SHE IS WITH THE LORD"

Posted by: Mike Bender | April 20, 2007 11:45 AM

I looked out my kitchen window this morning and could swear I saw you riding a horse near my backyard. You were so energetic, articulate and intelligent. In a family full of girls you were the pro on lingerie advice....the best!!!

I wish I was there, we would have come up with a plan to survive.

Always your bud,
Mundag

Posted by: Mundag | April 20, 2007 12:54 PM

Know that you are still loved by us all. Nothing can ease the pain of what took plac, but we can go on knowing if we didn't that you'd be there to push us. We grieve yet we smile thinking of you and your humor, passion for life.

Posted by: Joe | April 20, 2007 02:20 PM

R.I.P.

Posted by: Helo | April 20, 2007 05:04 PM

I'm a graduate of James Madison High School in Vienna, and though we attended high school at the same time (Maxine was a freshman while I was a senior) we didn't know each other. But the school and the town are a huge part of me and who I am. Vienna is a family and has lost a sister, daughter, and a friend.

In a way, everyone who knew Maxine and the other 31 VT angels have all had a crime committed against them. It isn't a cliche with Maxine: she was destined for great things, and now we don't get to see that. People were going to ask about her at reunions or at the Vienna Inn and were going to grin at the breathless responses of those lucky enough to be close to her. That's one of the hardest part of this and every other tragedy that took place on Monday.

We were robbed.

Posted by: Randy Scott | April 20, 2007 06:51 PM

We in Atlanta wish Maxine's family and friends godspeed in their healing. May your fond memories of her provide solace now and eventually joy and comfort in the years ahead.

Posted by: B A Donley | April 20, 2007 11:57 PM

l love you in my heart. god will led by you side

Posted by: vincent | April 21, 2007 06:22 AM

God Bless her and Her Family!!
May this time bring her family closer to God.
I send my condolences to her family

Posted by: Jesse Sanchez | April 21, 2007 07:05 AM

To MAxine Family:
No words can express the sorrow you must feel in the lost of your daughter/sister. May you wonderful memories of Maxine fill your empty heart over the years. May God comfort you during this time

Posted by: AJ | April 21, 2007 03:05 PM

A loved one will live forever;so will your Mainxe. Be strong for her and your own sake, and through love you will all be shown the paths to follow.

Having visited Blacksburg and Vienna we feel for you in this awfull tragedy that rocks the world.
Maybe the world - we all - will learn from this disaster to help and find ways to calm down and heal social vulcanoes among us.

Posted by: Adriana Kool | April 21, 2007 05:51 PM

Maxine is in my prayers. Just seeing her picture here, she looks so lovely and kind -- the type of person who could make others happy with a simple smile. I pray that her family and friends find strength in this dark time.

Posted by: Jacquelyn, Philadelphia, PA | April 21, 2007 06:48 PM

My son and daughter went to Madison High School. Maxine was a two years behind my son and one year ahead of my daughter. They remember her as bright, high energy and friendly. Her tragic death has touched all of the Madison family. It is impossible to make sense of this and heartwretching to imagine the pain you are feeling. My prayer is that our community will find a way to prevent this from continuing to happen in our country. I hope each person feels the connection to another and feels his or her worthiness.
I have candles lit for you and am surrounding you in love and light. Keep her name on your lips and her love in your hearts. Know that there are many of us who care about you. Call on your friends and family members to help you through these dark days. Love each other. Comfort each other. Be comforted by each other.
Maxine Turner...too well loved to ever be forgotten.

Posted by: Gail Frances(Borello) | April 22, 2007 10:54 PM

Impossible to put into words - how to offer comfort at a time like this. As part of the Virgina Tech Almuni community, and as part of St Paul's Christian Church in Raleigh, please know that many hearts are with the family and friends.

Posted by: Mark Weldon, Raleigh NC | April 23, 2007 11:03 AM

we love you max uncle michael auntie debbie and lewis

Posted by: debra turner | April 23, 2007 02:58 PM

To the Turner family:
We are so sorry for the loss of your daughter. Maxine was a very special person who had a positive affect on everyone who met her. We all knew she was extremely bright, an exceptional scholar; but she was also kind and caring and polite and well mannered. She was a wonderful human being and you should be very proud to have raised such a fine young woman. She is an inspiration to all parents raising children in today's society.

Posted by: Maureen Spencer DeArmitt and family | April 24, 2007 06:43 AM

Being a graduate of both Madison High School and Virginia Tech, I feel a kinship with Maxine. Even though I did not know her, I am so sorry for her loss as well as the others affected by this tragedy. God Bless

Posted by: HG | April 24, 2007 10:38 AM

I hope that maxine's family can move along, and that they can have strength and courage during this time.

Posted by: jasmine ramirez | April 26, 2007 02:16 PM

You were blessed with such a beautiful wonderful daughter. My condolences to you and your family in your time of sorrow. God bless you.

Posted by: M. Perez | April 30, 2007 01:38 PM

Sweet Maxine,

Though, I do not know you Maxine my heart is sadden because of the lost of your life and the beginning of your future will never have a chance to blossom. To mom, dad, brother, and family keep your spirits quiet and God will speak healings into your heart. This tragedy is like a sore and it will heal. I promise to keep you all in my prayers Forever and ever...

Posted by: Eve | April 30, 2007 02:40 PM

Words cannot express my heartfelt sympathy. Even though I did not know your daughter or your family it has hurt the hearts of this Vienna community. May God be with you and your family throught this most difficult time. I wish there was something we all could do to ease your pain.

Posted by: K. Francis | May 1, 2007 07:45 PM

4/16/07, from every university to every high school to ever middle school to every elementary school...that day, we were all Virginia Tech Hokies...

Posted by: Chantelle | May 3, 2007 04:38 PM