Partahi Lumbantoruan

If you would like to express your condolences, offer a tribute or share your memories of Partahi Lumbantoruan with others, please enter your thoughts below. We'll post them after reviewing what you've said, and correcting any spelling or grammatical mistakes. »Profile of Partahi Lumbantoruan.

By Hal Straus |  April 18, 2007; 5:48 PM ET

Tributes

Rest in Peace - Selamat Jalan.

Posted by: MK | April 18, 2007 10:42 PM

It's sad to see that person who worked so hard to get where they are today killed simply for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I do not know him personally but as a fellow Indonesian who have lived in Virginia, I would like to say that I feel this loss. Rest in peace, you are in a better place now

Posted by: H. Mara | April 19, 2007 10:27 AM

Mat jalan, man!

Posted by: P | April 19, 2007 11:53 AM

I am deeply sorry for your loss. My son died of a gunshot wound, so I understand your confusion and shock. Please reach out to all that you can to help you get through this terrible time. My prayers are with you.

Posted by: Becky C | April 19, 2007 11:54 AM

I am sorry for Partahi's family.
This is so tragic.
Rest in peace.

Posted by: | April 19, 2007 03:54 PM

Turut berduka cita sedalam-dalamnya teruntuk keluarga korban.

Posted by: b | April 19, 2007 08:49 PM

Selamat Jalan Bung, Kelak kita pasti berjumpa..
Semoga alam yang damai disana :))

Posted by: Farida | April 19, 2007 08:55 PM

Dukacita yang teramat dalam buat keluarga Lumbantoruan. Kiranya Kasih Kristus membawa penghiburan dan kekuatan bagi seluruh keluarga.

Posted by: Johan Loebis - Denver, Colorado | April 19, 2007 09:38 PM

Selamat Jalan Bang Partahi...
Untuk keluarga yang di tinggalkan, saya sangat berduka cita atas meninggalnya Putra terbaik anda..

Good Bye Bang Partahi...
For Partahi's Family i am deeply sorry for your loss..

Posted by: Deni Bogel | April 19, 2007 10:02 PM

Rest in Peace Indonesian brother.

Posted by: Aamir Ali | April 20, 2007 12:03 AM

Semoga arwahnya di terima disisi-Nya amien

Posted by: chelly | April 20, 2007 01:30 AM

Rest in Peace Bang Moru. Hormat! For our fallen Indonesian comrade. Prayers for your family from Madison

Posted by: Andi | April 20, 2007 01:43 AM

we are losing one of Indonesian Best Man.
Selamat Jalan Kawan.

Posted by: ir | April 20, 2007 02:52 AM

No matter what, you are in a better place now! I'm sure you are... Get rest and be remembered, always!

Posted by: Dede Suditomo, Jakarta, Indonesia | April 20, 2007 05:00 AM

Dalam simpati terdalam, duka terluka, dan doa terkhusuk. Semua kasih terindah alam Indonesia menemani tidur panjang Anda serta korban-korban yang lain. Damailah dalam rumah Tuhan selamanya. Semoga Keluarga dan sahabat-sahabat tabah menghadapi tragedi ini.

Posted by: Neopictures | April 20, 2007 05:13 AM

Turut berduka cita pada keluarga Partahi.
Manusia merencanakan Tuhan menentukan. Untung kita punya Tuhan Yesus yang sungguh mencintai kita dan juga Partahi di sana. Amin. Alleluya!

Posted by: Petrus Maryata | April 20, 2007 08:00 AM

May God be with us...may God give those with losses the strength to continue...

Posted by: | April 20, 2007 09:43 AM

Psalms37:7-11
7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret--it leads only to evil.
9 For evil men will be cut off,
but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.
10 A little while, and the wicked will be no more;
though you look for them, they will not be found.
11 But the meek will inherit the land
and enjoy great peace.

My prayers are with you!

Posted by: Marlene M. | April 20, 2007 11:11 AM

I would like to send my deepest sympathies for the family and friends. May you be strong at this time of sorrow and may you keep the memory close to your heart always, accompanied with a smile through the tears...

***

Time, a second
Time, a minute
Time, an hour
Time, a day
Time, a week
Time, a month
Time, a year
One step at a time, into this darkness
One step at a time, into this unknown madness

By Kylli

***

Posted by: Kylli | April 20, 2007 11:30 AM

Dear Bang Mora, you are more then a real cousin for me, I know you like my pocket. When we lived in Jakarta for so many years, I like to cook your favorite food "Arsik" (Indonesian Tradisional Food from North Sumatera), but now you make me cry my brother. You are so smart and generous. You always told me that I should not study too hard, though. God loves us much. Don't worry brot, all our family will be fine, just sleep well, you've worked so hard. One day we will meet.GBU

Posted by: A graduate student in Taiwan | April 20, 2007 12:12 PM

Rest in peace. To your family, you're in my prayers.

Posted by: aisha | April 22, 2007 09:52 AM

Rest in peace.May God bless you and love you in your long long sleep.

Posted by: Orang Batak di Jepang | April 22, 2007 09:16 PM

Dear Bang Mora
You are always in my heart,everyday I pray for you but God takes you because he loves you very much. You are my cousin, my family and my lovely brother, thak you for everything. And I believe and yhis is my faith that we will meet again.

Posted by: rimur | April 24, 2007 02:03 AM