Rachael Elizabeth Hill

If you would like to express your condolences, offer a tribute or share your memories of Rachael Elizabeth Hill with others, please enter your thoughts below. We'll post them after reviewing what you've said, and correcting any spelling or grammatical mistakes. »Profile of Rachael Elizabeth Hill.

By washingtonpost.com editors |  April 18, 2007; 5:36 PM ET

Tributes

I am deeply sorry for your loss. My son died of a gunshot wound, so I understand your confusion and shock. Please reach out to all that you can to help you get through this terrible time. My prayers are with you.

Posted by: Becky C | April 19, 2007 12:02 PM

Posted by: | April 19, 2007 04:52 PM

My heart and prayers go out to you (all of you) and your families.

Posted by: trish | April 19, 2007 06:37 PM

My deepest sympathy to all the victims and families affected by this horrible tragedy.My thoughts and prayers to all staff and students at Virginia Tech.May the Almighty God bless us all. Thank You.

Posted by: Ross S.Caguiat | April 19, 2007 07:06 PM

To the Hill family I very sorry for the lost.My prayer are with you always

Posted by: Erica | April 19, 2007 09:20 PM

A young woman full of life and energy, why should you be gone so soon? O death, why at this time of her life? May the good Lord who understands whatever happens, protect and give you a resting place in his bossom till we all meet again.

Posted by: Abigail Kwayisi ( Ghana) | April 20, 2007 07:58 AM

My most heartfelt condolences to Rachel's family and friends. It is obvious she has had a tremendous and positve impact on all those around here in her short life. She is a beautiful girl. We also have our children in Christian schools and I know that somehow we think and hope that somehow we are immune to this type of senseless loss. This violent act is very difficult to understand. May God bless you and all of the families and friends of all of the victims of this sickening event. The loss of these incredibly bright and hopeful people is felt globally. The world is a better place because Rachel has been here. You are in our prayers.

Posted by: Dawn Franchina, Charlotte NC | April 20, 2007 08:24 AM

Rest in Peace, Rachael

Posted by: | April 20, 2007 04:33 PM

I'm very sorry to all of the families & friends that have lost a loved one in the horrid event that occured. My the lord be with you.

Posted by: | April 20, 2007 06:04 PM

I do not know where to start except saying deeply sorry for the families who lost their children in a place suppose to be the safest place in this world. I am deeply sorry for the victims and their families. That monday was the most sadness for my life becuase I can imagine how those students and instructors died. Sorry

Posted by: Mohamed | April 21, 2007 11:37 AM

Dear Hill Family,
I gasped when I read the names of those lost at VT. Our little girl is named Rachel Elizabeth Hill. She is 4 1/2 years old. I know your family will come to my mind and therefore be in my prayers regularly because of this coincidence. I praise God that your Rachael is obviously with the Lord now, as her life reflected her relationship with Him. I pray your church will uphold you and be a strong support to you.
In Christ,
K. Hill

Posted by: K. Hill | April 21, 2007 11:12 PM

I didn't know her, but at my school we had a VT remeberance thing and they had a list on a screen with all the victims and I saw Elizabeth Hill and I prayed for her. So I hope if her family reads this I want them to know I'm praying for them. God Bless VT!

Posted by: Victoria Love | April 22, 2007 08:10 PM

As the mother of an only child, a daughter, my heart aches for your family. And as a fellow American, of course, I was deeply touched by this tragedy but cannot for a moment imagine what you and the other families must be going through. Please know that people all over this country are truly praying for you and the other people who loved your daughter so much. My sincere wish is that in time your memories will comfort you and that your will feel the presence of God. Words seem so useless at a time like this, but it is all many of us have to offer. I hope they somehow, in some way touch you all.

Posted by: Celeste | April 28, 2007 02:20 PM

I'm sorry for what happened at Virginia Tech. I see this as a disgrace to my state in general. I too lost a friend in a shooting. Not in a school shooting but drug related so i know where you guys are coming from. Once again, I'm sorry for what happened and I wish you guys the best. Remember, take it one day at a time. God bless you.

Posted by: Steph'an Adalwolf Johnson | May 16, 2007 08:55 AM