Common Army Acronyms

PT = Physical Training
ROE = Rules Of Engagement
SERE = Survival Evasion Resistance Escape
SLRP = Student Loan Repayment Program
SRP = Soldier Readiness Processing
VAARNG = Virginia Army National Guard

By Bert Stover |  August 31, 2005; 4:30 AM ET  | Category:  Military Acronym Guide
Next: About 'Reporting for Duty'...

Comments

Best wishes, and thank you for your service. I look forward to reading your blog.

Joe

Madison, WI

Posted by: Joe | August 31, 2005 11:50 AM

Bert, from W&M, ya ? Geeze, small world -- played club lax w/ you.

Posted by: Nathan | August 31, 2005 12:11 PM

God be with you and bring you safely home to your family.

Posted by: Robert | August 31, 2005 01:34 PM

I worked on AKO last year as a civilian, you could probably fill a newspaper with service oriented abbreviations, & such things are useful for cvilians to know, so add to that list!

Keep yer butt down & come back safe man, that's what we all want.

Tim Scanlon

Posted by: timscanlon | August 31, 2005 07:06 PM

Great to see this as I have known Bert since he was still trying to become a Warrant Officer. Perhaps, I will throw my own thoughts into these comments someday since I too was National Guard, however due to the status of the military today, I chose to transfer to full time active duty. The coming months will have me going overseas again (just back from Korea), however this time to the Combat Zone. Stay safe and perhaps we will see you in the skies over the "Land of the Never-Ending Beach".

"CLYDESDALES"

Posted by: CW2 Steve Farabaugh | August 31, 2005 07:40 PM

soldier on

Posted by: | September 23, 2005 09:17 AM

GODSPEED CHIEF

Posted by: Roverone | December 12, 2005 02:23 PM

God Bless, keep you head down, and come back home safe to your family!

Posted by: | February 8, 2006 03:41 PM

To our soldiers: Thank you for your services. Thanks to your courage and commitment, my son will have a taste of freedom! You all deserve a big fat RAISE!!!! Since I am paying an incredible amount of taxes I thought that I would throw that out there. Also, I'm not sure how many of you know, but I highly recommend that you look into the Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act. I make it a point to bring this to your attention when I have the opportunity at work, but I am not so sure that you all know of this law! Read up, it will more than likely save you money.

Hopefully, I will be able to make it to Point Loma this year. Gotta drop off some flowers and cry. You know what they though, that that does not kill you makes you want to die. It has been four years as of the 19th and I still counting down eternity.

Posted by: B.N.N. | May 16, 2006 12:06 AM