Super Bowl Sunday With Michael Wilbon & Tony Kornheiser
The Bloggers

Tony Announces Blog Intent

Tony Kornheiser

Hi. I'm Tony Kornheiser and this Sunday I'll be on this website allegedly blogging. Now, I'm not really blogging. I'm just talking to Cindy and Cindy is writing this nonsense down. So really Cindy is blogging. But I promise I will pay attention to the commercials. And between commercials, I'll pay attention to the game. Reportedly, I'll be on here with Wilbon. And Wilbon will say that he doesn't care about the commercials and that all he cares about is the game. Wilbon is an idiot. The games come and go and all blend into one another. The commercials are much more memorable. So after a while, I will tell Cindy to disassociate my comments from Wilbon's. And you people can go either way on that, you know?
P.S. Don't expect me for the second half, because I will be asleep. Anyway, in the second half, they repeat the commercials.

By Tony Kornheiser |  January 30, 2007; 2:44 PM ET  | Category:  Tony Kornheiser
Next: Tony's Update

Blogs That Reference This Entry

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Comments

Isn't it surprising how well Tony types?

Posted by: Tony's editor | January 30, 2007 03:01 PM

Tony-Tony!!!

Tony-Tony!!!

Tony-Tony!!!

Tony-Tony!!!

Posted by: Rich from Salisbury | January 30, 2007 03:10 PM

The only question is, does Tony hammer on the keyboard as if it is a manual type writer? And as an aside, while Tony professes to not know much about technology, I bet he found out pretty quick how to check his bank account balance on-line after signing the MNF contract. Welcome back my friend.

Posted by: South Riding, VA | January 30, 2007 03:12 PM

Thanks.

Posted by: Ok | January 30, 2007 03:41 PM

Mr.Tony returns! This column stinks! Its about time you started writing again! Glad to have ya back!

Posted by: Gary | January 30, 2007 03:46 PM

Posted by: Gary | January 30, 2007 03:48 PM

Can't wait to hear Tony comment on Prince and the halftime show.

Posted by: Todd | January 30, 2007 04:21 PM

Tony,

Do you still use the WP jounalist title for MNF. I guess it's a nice plug for the WP. One question: what do you exactly do for the WP? A few sentences that count as a column or a blog on a computer screen.

What keeps you on the books at the WP? A W-2 stub. I'd sure like to see that fat W-2 you'll be getting this time of year from ESPN.

Posted by: Brendan | January 30, 2007 05:30 PM

Which one is Tony?

I keed, I keed.

Posted by: P Diddy | January 30, 2007 05:52 PM

Tony,

Great to hear that you're going to be blogging at the Post.

I can imagine it now. Tony storms into the Post blog room and demands to use a computer terminal. Someone will then undoubtedly say that Tony should stick to writing columns, instead of joining the ranks of millions of late-night, pajama-wearing bloggers.

Tony then screams 'DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!', at which point some nameless Post intern scrambles to find an open computer terminal for Mr. Tony to use. It will be CLASSIC.

Welcome to the internetS, Mr. Tony!

We can't wait to see how life is like with you in the blogosphere.

Posted by: Blackaces | January 30, 2007 05:53 PM

Diddy! Welcome.

Posted by: Tony's editor | January 30, 2007 06:13 PM

im a little sad Cindy is sharing Tony with the world. But alas, you guys blog your guts out while my famous dorf-chili wins the annual Chili Cookoff. Hail!

Posted by: Dorf | January 30, 2007 06:23 PM

Wish you'd share the chili.

Posted by: Tony's editor | January 30, 2007 06:31 PM

And an official welcome to you, too, Dorf BTW.

Posted by: Tony's editor | January 30, 2007 06:37 PM

Good. Now suffering MNF viewers can tell this old stink bomb what we really think about his putrid appearance on that once venerable institution. You think Farhi was rough. You aint seen nothing yet you old baggy eyed goof ball.

Posted by: Rebecca | January 31, 2007 08:33 AM

Rebecca sounds like a real B

Posted by: Chas | January 31, 2007 09:53 AM

Yikes! Been a while since I commented on the WP NFL Blogs.

Cindy, great to... uh... see your text? Was that a suitable substitution for "hear your voice," or "see your face"?

P Diddy, Dorf, it's been too long. My apologies for straying from the JLC Insider pack. Like John From Herndon, the Skins broke my heart... and will to blog. But I have missed it greatly.

P Diddy, what ever happened with the Superbowl Ad pitch?

Rebecca, stay classy... or not... whichever you prefer.

Tony K, I miss the old days of your columns, but you're doing your thing on MNF and PTI is golden, as always. Thanks for coming back to us for a bit... we miss you.

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | January 31, 2007 12:40 PM

Bucktown! Nice to "see" you again!
Time to move past your grief...I believe that blogging is the eighth stage of loss...

Posted by: Tony's editor | January 31, 2007 01:01 PM

Tony,

Dont you find it strange that Smith and Dungy are hanging out together prior to the big game. Granted they are good close friends. They are still on opposite teams and I cant ever recall any previous coaching combinations socializing before the game.

Posted by: Rick | January 31, 2007 01:01 PM

That's good news! I went through so many emotions and trying times that I wasn't sure which step I had just passed.

I guess it turns out that "giggling my @ss off because Parcells left the Cowf@ckers high and dry" is the seventh stage of loss. Imagine that...

Gonniegoogle, Bill Parcells... gooniegoogle.

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | January 31, 2007 01:09 PM

tony, although PTI is quite possibly my favorite show of all-time (sidbar: when it's you and wilbon, anyway; if the two of you can't make it, you should just show mike tyson knockout clips w/ his many infamous quotes on loop as the audio. throw in the bear on the trampoline here n there, and ya got yer half-hour) but due to being a new father and the only one working, i never get to watch you girls anymore. i think you and wilbon should just conference call me and we'll talk sports. # upon request. no, really. and your makeup disturbs me on-air. bye now

Posted by: benji | January 31, 2007 01:21 PM

i apologize, blogland, for my punctuation leaves much to be desired due to my trying to squeeze in replies between supervisor walk-bys. blog on. holla

Posted by: benji | January 31, 2007 01:25 PM

Tony,
Did you enjoy your trip to Southern Maryland? I couldn't catch it I'm up here at Syracuse baby!

Posted by: SoMd Cuse | January 31, 2007 05:27 PM

P.S. gotta give SoMd more shout outs on PTI

Posted by: SoMd Cuse | January 31, 2007 05:27 PM

Isn't TK blogging one of the signs of the Apocalypse, along with Feinstein buying a new pair of shoes and Wilbon spending a quiet night at home?

Posted by: metatext | January 31, 2007 06:52 PM

i don't feel like contributing to this blog. so there.

Posted by: michael wilbon | February 1, 2007 11:00 AM

Oh, you'll contribute. Or I'll hurt you like I'm Jack Bauer.

Posted by: Tony and Mike's editor | February 1, 2007 11:29 AM

This blog already stinks.

Posted by: Blackaces | February 1, 2007 05:21 PM

So where's the plug for Mr. Tony's return to the radio airwaves on Feb. 20, 2007, at 8:30 AM?

Posted by: Phil | February 1, 2007 05:48 PM

Glad you're back Tony!!!!

Posted by: Doc M. from Virginia | February 2, 2007 03:06 PM

stand back ya LIMIES!

HERE COMES WALTER ROBERTS!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW!!

Posted by: MAJOR-FN-WALTER-ROBERTS | February 3, 2007 11:26 AM

benji, totally agree about PTI with either Wilbon/Mr. Tony missing. Like the fill in idea too. Anything's better than LeBatard.

Anyway, I too have issues (shift work) with catching the show at 5:30pm so here are some other PTI options for you:

1) ESPN2 sometimes reairs the show at 7pm. 2) ESPN News reairs it at some point but I don't get that so I can't tell you the time.
3) Portly Boy Wonder Dan Snyder's Triple X ESPN Radio (94.3FM/92.7FM/730AM) airs it (audio only, obviously) at 7PM and 5:30AM. The 7PM often gets preempted for crap like GMU Bball- but what can you do?.
4) PTI podcast on ESPN.com has the audio version and ESPN360 has the full deal . I know ESPN360 costs money. I think the podcasts are free. ESPN ones are updated daily. The ones from iTunes are a few days old.

OK, hope that helps. After hawking all that ESPN crap in this post they should send me a check but I know what it's like to need that PTI fix. I keep trying to quit but it just feels so good.

Posted by: bc | February 4, 2007 03:13 AM

Wow. It only took 10 minutes to have my comment removed. You guys are good at keeping honesty under wraps.

Posted by: Mark | February 4, 2007 07:40 AM

PLEASE PLAY NICE.

Posted by: TOONEYCAT60 | February 4, 2007 09:50 AM

Hey Mike,

Welcome to the blogosphere. It's -4F herein your great home town. Do you know just how painful this wind is? Of course you do, you're from The Chi. But I'm not. And WOW, this wind hurts!

Blackaces

Posted by: Blackaces | February 4, 2007 09:56 AM

Hey Tony, don't worry about falling asleep after halftime. I hear it's just like your radio show: they replay the first half.

Posted by: Mike G | February 4, 2007 11:44 AM

Will there be enough pizza for everyone, or will Junior steal it all?

Posted by: Nerd | February 4, 2007 02:37 PM

Did you guys talk about the judge in Chicago releasing this gun toting Bears player from his travel restrictions so he could play in the Super Bowl? I might have missed that PTI - if you did - anyhow what are your feelings about this?

Posted by: gary | February 4, 2007 03:24 PM

Nerd with the line of the day.
We're having bbq today, no pizza. And no Junior. We hear he hurt his knee; hope he recovers quickly.

Posted by: Cindy | February 4, 2007 03:28 PM

Is the BBQ coming from the Ram's Head Inn? If so you want to start snacking on something else.

Posted by: David Vair | February 4, 2007 03:32 PM

Rockland's is the Post's BBQ of choice. Five Sundays till Junior is in here for Selection Sunday, along with TK, of course. Always a fun day.

Posted by: Cindy | February 4, 2007 03:34 PM