Super Bowl Sunday With Michael Wilbon & Tony Kornheiser
The Bloggers

Third Quarter

Michael Wilbon

One of the key people in the game for the Chicago Bears is the offensive coordinator, Ron Turner...who on second-and-one, should be interested primarily in advancing the ball...Instead, he has to try and let Grossman throw a third consecutive pass...And Grossman, to be frank, stinks today...The Bears worst nightmare is The Bad Grossman...I'd give him one more series and go to Brian Griese...How many chances do you get to be in a Super Bowl...I applaud Lovie Smith's loyalty throughout this Grossman drama...But today, with a chance to win a championship, it appears time to go to Plan B at quarterback because Grossman, plain and simple, stinks tonight. The only thing he hasn't done yet is throw a pick-for-six...which could be coming because when he's behind he presses and just has brain-lock...

By Michael Wilbon |  February 4, 2007; 8:22 PM ET  | Category:  Michael Wilbon
Previous: I Missed Prince! | Next: Crunch Time

Blogs That Reference This Entry

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Comments

Agreed....Grossman is not looking good today.....and the rain seems to be actually working against the Bears.

Posted by: Lisa | February 4, 2007 08:52 PM

Is it too early to say that the Bears are done? If the Colts score a TD here, it may very well be.

Posted by: Phil | February 4, 2007 08:53 PM

Prince was aweful.....where's madonna

Posted by: AS | February 4, 2007 08:53 PM

I just can not watch the game with Chicago Self-Destructing. What is up with Groseman? He's mishandled two snaps. That is midget league basics....geeez, I *hate* to see the wheels fall off in any of the playoffs and *especially* during *the* game.

Posted by: DryIce | February 4, 2007 08:54 PM

grossman sucks..the guy is so JV....warm up greise

Posted by: AF | February 4, 2007 08:55 PM

make that Grossman. I got the old VCR cranked, but if things do not improve, I will not be watching the rest of the game period.

Posted by: DryIce | February 4, 2007 08:56 PM

go to plan B? Grossman stinks? Great to hear MW talking like a fan. So cool to have his team in the SB

Posted by: Joe Hellner | February 4, 2007 08:58 PM

btw Mike, Tony you guys rock. Thanks. I do not really have to watch the games, I know you will tell me what really happened.
God Bless you and yours. It can not be easy to sit through such disappointments. This I've just demonstrated. Back to work for me...

Posted by: DryIce | February 4, 2007 08:59 PM

it's a bottle opener! Bud Light nails it again!

Posted by: Joe Hellner | February 4, 2007 09:00 PM

I hope everyone who criticized Manning for "not winning the big one" have the guts to be the first to congratulate him as a Super Bowl Champion and MVP. He's put those off-base opinions to rest once and for all.

Posted by: Brian | February 4, 2007 11:07 PM

I watched *the Game* in India which started @ 5;00 a.m.on ESPN. I used to live in allentown, PA and am a fan of the Eagles. The game was worth it to get up early in the morning. Prince sucked and the commercials were lame. Manning should have been made the MVP with the rest of the team. Thw whole team should have got the MVP and not just one player. This particular game which was played pretty sloppily - the team that controlled the ball and made fewer mistakes won and is it not that the way in most of the SB and XLI was bo differrant. I enjoyed iy and as they say in Phillie there is always next year.

Posted by: Jayadev Bisineeru | February 5, 2007 07:28 AM

It is stupid to say the Gorilla is off Manning's back. How can it be on his back when he has never been to the Big Game!!! One cannot win the big without getting there in the first place. This cliche should be banished from the lexicon of sports. Come on writers think of something diff.

Posted by: Jayadev Bisineeru | February 5, 2007 07:33 AM