Super Bowl Sunday With Michael Wilbon & Tony Kornheiser
The Bloggers

TK Signing Off Unless...

Tony Kornheiser

Okay, boys and girls. I'm saying good night now. Rex Grossman just got intercepted again, the second straight drive that ends with an interception. I like him, but he's not going to win this game tonight. The Colts are going to win and Peyton Manning is going to be, finally, coronated as the best quarterback in the game and yet he did not have a particularly good game, did he? He was competent but not great. I don't know who will win the MVP. Certainly Peyton might, but this award should go to the Colts at large for overcoming Hester's opening kickoff TD and confounding the Bears from that point on. A lot of turnovers, a lot of sloppy play, but the best team in the better conference seems to have won this game and there is poetry to Dungy and Manning winning a Super Bowl, don't you think?
I'll be back if the game tightens up and I'm horribly wrong. Otherwise, sweet dreams and, if you're out on your bike tonight, do wear white.

By Tony Kornheiser |  February 4, 2007; 9:34 PM ET  | Category:  Tony Kornheiser
Previous: Fun While It Lasted | Next: Wrap Up

Blogs That Reference This Entry

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Comments

Sleep well. At least us Redskins fans are used to this scenario!!!

Posted by: Matt | February 4, 2007 09:37 PM

Again, THANK YOU Mr. Tony, can't wait to have you on radio on a few weeks.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 4, 2007 09:37 PM

Thanks for the time, Tony and Cindy. Can't wait till Feb. 20.

Chris

Posted by: Blackaces | February 4, 2007 09:37 PM

hope you don't get the spins from all that red TK

Posted by: littles | February 4, 2007 09:38 PM

And I'm back to the Hammerhead and am loving the buzz here in beautiful Portland...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 4, 2007 09:38 PM

Goodnight...otherwise known as "Hello JWB and Van Morrison."

Posted by: Joel K | February 4, 2007 09:38 PM

So I have to hope for a quick Bears touchdown to get more out of Tony? Ah well, it was a fun read.

Posted by: Paul in WY | February 4, 2007 09:39 PM

"If you want to crown 'em, crown 'em! They ARE who we THOUGHT they were!"

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 4, 2007 09:39 PM

See you on the radio on Feb. 20!

Posted by: Phil | February 4, 2007 09:40 PM

Have a good night Tony. Just think Pitchers and Catchers in a couple of weeks so You and Mikey can talk more Yanks and Sawxs on PTI.

Posted by: David Vair | February 4, 2007 09:40 PM

I have completely enjoyed this weird crossover from the Redskins Insider blog community (blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsisider) and the TK/Wilbon fanboy community... this has been great...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 4, 2007 09:42 PM

Tony . . . I can't believe you're ready for bed already. . . . . Two reds put you under? Wow. I am getting ready to unleash the Manischewitz.

Posted by: chris | February 4, 2007 09:43 PM

Does anybody know if TK will be on XM or only local and internet?

Posted by: Carter | February 4, 2007 09:43 PM

Carter, I've just seen local and internet. I tried out the internet feed the other day and it worked well. I'd love to have him on XM again. Although, who wouldn't want the "internet show" back too. ;-P

Posted by: Paul in WY | February 4, 2007 09:44 PM

fanboy? Did you know that all of the coordinating conjunctions in the English can be summarized by the "FANBOYS" acronym?

For
And
Nor
But
Or
Yet
Soh . . .

Posted by: chris | February 4, 2007 09:45 PM

Maybe Rhodes for MVP

Posted by: Carter | February 4, 2007 09:47 PM

I'll second Rhodes for MVP.

Posted by: Phil | February 4, 2007 09:49 PM

nah, Peyton, you know it. I . .

Posted by: chris1. | February 4, 2007 09:49 PM

Hey, Nate, thanks! It was great fun doing it. Thanks for crossing over to the dark side.

Posted by: Cindy | February 4, 2007 09:51 PM

HooRay, GoDaddy Girls.

Posted by: David Vair | February 4, 2007 09:52 PM

I think they should give the mvp to Hester for the only exciting play of the game...but it will go to Rhodes...

Posted by: daniel Adam Smith | February 4, 2007 09:52 PM

I lied. Here I am again. Elizabeth called to tell me she had been reading this blog and I said, "I put your name in it. I said it was your recipe that Mommy used for the flank steak." She said that didn't appear in the blog and Ii said I told Cindy to write it. Elizabeth said, "Well, I didn't read it." Let me make clear that the flank steak is her recipe. So even though Cindy says she did, I no longer believe her.

Posted by: Tony | February 4, 2007 09:54 PM

HOW ABOUT THE RAIN AS THE MVP AT LEAST THE RAIN AND CHICAGO BEARS DEFENSE KEPT IT INTERESTING FOR AWHILE....

Posted by: MVP | February 4, 2007 09:57 PM

It's there, Tony:

Karril has stopped crocheting long enough to cook a flank steak. This is Elizabeth's recipe. Very very tasty. Karril also made a nice fire; we have no fireplace. [What have you done?] I'VE BEEN ON THE &^%^*$^%%(*)& PHONE! I'M WORKING HERE.

Posted by: Tony | February 4, 2007 07:49 PM

Posted by: Phil | February 4, 2007 09:58 PM

Bucket of Gatorade doesn't seem as effective after its been raining the whole game.

Posted by: David Vair | February 4, 2007 09:58 PM

A large blow dryer would have been better...

Posted by: Paul in WY | February 4, 2007 10:01 PM

Elizabeth, if you're reading this...we could use some flank steak, only you'd have to make it!

Posted by: Cindy | February 4, 2007 10:02 PM

The real loser was the poor slob that had to watch the game on CBS. The blurry lenses were distracting, but the excessive commercial breaks affected the rythym of the game for the teams and fans. CBS treated us to 4 hours of commercials with intermittent football. No More CBS Superbowls for me.

Posted by: Hardrock Dave | February 4, 2007 10:18 PM

thanks TK, Cindy, MW et al. It was fun!!

Posted by: Joe Hellner | February 4, 2007 10:18 PM

Yes. Thanks to everyone for making it a fun night of blogging. Very entertaining!

Posted by: Bill Lehecka | February 4, 2007 10:20 PM

hardrock - great comments - CBS production was grossman like indeed - I love football and you need to have a championship game but I am not a big fan of the super scam extravaganza See ya on the next blog

Posted by: Joe Hellner | February 4, 2007 10:23 PM

hey, great post - if you're on your bike, wear white- did you get that from the stones "something happened to me yesterday"?

I love listening to your podcast with wilbon- you guys are the bomb

you sure beat the hell out of the show that follows the super bowl - so far it sucks

hooray for tony dungy, god bless him and his family

Posted by: steve | February 4, 2007 10:44 PM

I wonder how many people went out and bought Hi-Def's just for this game and then they get a crap production.

Posted by: David Vair | February 4, 2007 10:45 PM

Nice wrap up fellas. Congratulations to both teams on making it to the Superbowl. Now that it is over I will say that I was leaning towards Chicago, but I am happy for Indy. I go back to Gale Sayers with Chicago, and they have always been in Chicago so I can relate to them like that. Plus, they had more *flavor* if you will. More style as an Organization. I am going out on the limb here and will suggest that for whatever reason Chicago's QB let his team down. The two drops from the Center's snap was a dead give away. You have to be mentally ready to have your best game or it will not happen. If you are not mentally ready for the Superbowl, it just will not happen ever in your career. Beyond that I will not speculate I just know that I will never bet any money on NFL games. There are just too many human variables if you know what I mean. Some people just have to be in control no matter what. Did I pray for Chicago? No. I asked God, God wasn't touching it either. Said it was in man's hands....considering the problem Grossman had with the snap, I guess God was right. Anyway, it was a good game for as long as I watched. I will not watch it again though. That's the way I see it. "Keep your eye on that luggage!" as Shannon said.
Some of you folks are just a bad trip. Why can't you just play the friggin game by the rules? Do you really think you are so smart that people don't know? You are only fooling yourselves. Keep on dreaming.

Posted by: DryIce | February 4, 2007 11:51 PM