Super Bowl Sunday With Michael Wilbon & Tony Kornheiser
The Bloggers

Tony Knows Who Ludacris Is!

Tony Kornheiser

This Cirque du Soleil stuff, while it's wonderful when you pay money to see it in an arena, is idiotic here. This kind of theatrical nonsense is what is so laughable about the opening ceremonies at the Olympics. All these freaks dressed up as refs, all these flamingo outfits, all these idiots competing for airtime. They shouldn't be on TV. I would prefer to see almost anything from "American Idol" over this. This is ludicrous. And I don't mean Ludacris, whom I like. Play the game already. I'd rather watch Peyton Manning do the tango than this. I'd rather watch Archie Manning do the tango. But I draw the line at Eli. I want to see Eli win a game by having a good first half for a change.

By Tony Kornheiser |  February 4, 2007; 5:19 PM ET  | Category:  Tony Kornheiser
Previous: Tony Wakes Up | Next: A Great Start

Blogs That Reference This Entry

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Comments

I'm glad I'm watching something else right now.

Posted by: Phil | February 4, 2007 05:58 PM

I blame Janet Jackson's breast for Cirque du Soleil...

Posted by: Bill Lehecka | February 4, 2007 06:02 PM

Glad I am watching the end of the golf match. Which if I was the sort that would bet on things, I would guess Mr.Tony is monitoring that also. but I don't bet so I am probably wrong(tee hee)

Posted by: Kitty | February 4, 2007 06:02 PM

That was a pretty doggone good opening piece, with the moms and family members. I am fired up, and I'm not even related to any of the participants in the game.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 4, 2007 06:03 PM

Hmmm, how much better would this game be if CBS brought over Nick Faldo from the golf coverage. 3 man booths are ratings gold, Jerry.

Posted by: Joel K | February 4, 2007 06:05 PM

Don't you just wish that someone (especially Jim Nance) would say, "Okay, you've all heard all of the stories and the analysis over the last two weeks. We're not going to talk again until the game starts. Watch what everyone in the stadium is watching, and don't forget this year's new commercials!" ?

Posted by: Jerry | February 4, 2007 06:06 PM

If that's Grossman's mom...

1)She had him young
2)SHE'S GID!

Posted by: Stink | February 4, 2007 06:06 PM

did anyone else notice how Jim Nance lowered his voice over the stadium PA to make him sound official like!

Posted by: Kitty | February 4, 2007 06:10 PM

Now that you mention it . . . .

Posted by: Jerry | February 4, 2007 06:17 PM