Super Bowl Sunday With Michael Wilbon & Tony Kornheiser
The Bloggers

Tony Wakes Up

Tony Kornheiser

Okay, I just woke up from a nap, and I'm getting ready for the game. I have two bottles of red wine, a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue [Cindy says I need something white; I have white bread], about a pound of blackberries and yesterday I went to Delaware and brought back a pound of fruit slices from Kandy Kitchen. So I am set for the game. At 6, I shall start watching because I can't bear to listen to anymore blowhards and gasbags like I've heard for the last 72 hours. I will start at 6 because I'm anticipating that the first-run commercials will start then. I guess Wilbon and I will take over this space then. So any of you who want the Cheeseboy should probably go elsewhere.

By Tony Kornheiser |  February 4, 2007; 5:01 PM ET  | Category:  Tony Kornheiser
Previous: Wilbon Calls an Audible | Next: Tony Knows Who Ludacris Is!

Blogs That Reference This Entry

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Comments

Tony,

You only need one blackberry. Is that how you are communicating with Cindy?

Posted by: Mike G | February 4, 2007 05:05 PM

Tony, have you taken an official position for or against the Burger King character?

Cindy has a strong opinion on this. Interested to see whether you're pro or con.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 4, 2007 05:08 PM

Tony, by eschewing the pregame, you didn't get to see how awful Katie Couric's hair was during the pregame show. It was all over the place.

Posted by: Bill Lehecka | February 4, 2007 05:09 PM

Tony loves the King. Out and out loves him. Sigh.

Posted by: Cindy | February 4, 2007 05:11 PM

Who doesn't love the King? He has a 4.3 40 and has a Wunderlich score of 47.

Posted by: Bill Lehecka | February 4, 2007 05:12 PM

Plus he has Drew Rosenhaus as an agent

Posted by: Mike G | February 4, 2007 05:13 PM

The King scares me. Totally. Creeps. Me. Out.

Posted by: Cindy | February 4, 2007 05:16 PM

I hope that we get to see some of those monkey-in-the-office commercials. Those are great.

I also know that this commercial will be debuting tonight. It's a mix of Grand Theft Auto (The video game, Tony. Not the Felony) combined with Coca-Cola. I wonder if the non-video game types will get it, but it's a cool commercial nonetheless.

Posted by: Blackaces | February 4, 2007 05:18 PM

Cindy, that's his game face. It just means he's ready to lay the smack down.

Posted by: Bill Lehecka | February 4, 2007 05:20 PM

Every year Art Monk gets the shaft and Wilbon writes fluff pieces. When is someone in the press corps going to take a stand on Monk and the HOF induction process? Monk not getting in is simply wrong. I guess to get in you have to be a shuck and jive performing donkey and keep the pea brained press corps entertained. Join the ESPN mutual butt kissing society on TV and you're in for sure. Monk should have worn more gold chains and pulled pens from his socks after touchdowns. The Hall of Fame is a joke. The Multi-billion dollar NFL could do better than that cheesy dump in Ohio - not that I'll ever go there again. Nice that Charlie Sanders finally got in and I assume nice guy Darrell Green wont get the Monk treatent but without their peer Art Monk there, the so-called honor is just an empty scam.

Posted by: Joe Hellner | February 4, 2007 05:22 PM

I am hoping for the clydesdale football game series to be continued.

Posted by: Kitty | February 4, 2007 05:25 PM

Tony,
Who is Cheeseboy?

Posted by: Geoff G | February 4, 2007 05:27 PM

As I've stated many times before, I'm with Cindy on the King issue....he is just TOTALLY creepy!

Posted by: Lisa | February 4, 2007 05:28 PM

do you think the burger king issue is a male/female thing? guys like, ladies are creeped out (in that group btw) almost like a 3 stooges debate.

Posted by: Kitty | February 4, 2007 05:29 PM

Thanks, Lisa! I have to think there are more of us out there.

Posted by: Cindy | February 4, 2007 05:30 PM

Tracee, our baseball/Olympics editor, likes the King overall, except in that commercial when he's in bed with someone.
Otherwise, I think it is a male/female thing. Although for me, it's a real creepout thing.

Posted by: Cindy | February 4, 2007 05:34 PM

2 bottles of red wine AND Johnnie Walker Blue? Am I the only one who thinks that this combination can only lead to disastrous consequences?

Posted by: Joe Rizzo | February 4, 2007 05:36 PM

I think the candy fruit slices will balance the red and the blue nicely.

Posted by: Cindy | February 4, 2007 05:37 PM

He may need more than those 3 bottles to tolerate Wilbon if the Bears win.

Posted by: Joel K | February 4, 2007 05:39 PM

if only there was a webcam.

Posted by: andy millman | February 4, 2007 05:40 PM

I'm 100% anti-King. That costume just plain freaks me out.

Wha are these candy fruit slices? Some sort of local Delaware delicacy? Sounds fantastic.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 4, 2007 05:41 PM

The candy fruit slices, the red and the blue: I'm thinking of some bizarro Sangria. Egads, I'm getting nauseous just typing this.

Posted by: Joe Rizzo | February 4, 2007 05:43 PM

It's actually candy, with a "C." My bad.

Posted by: Cindy | February 4, 2007 05:44 PM

there are no real Delaware delicacies, unless you talk about jake's burgers.

Posted by: andy millman | February 4, 2007 05:45 PM

It does sound like a dangerous concoction brewing in TK's belly.

Where the heck do you find fresh blackberries this time of year anyway?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 4, 2007 05:45 PM

Everyone, breaking news! Turn on Animal Planet. Puppy Bowl III is on!I'm rooting for the Schnauzer.

Uh oh. I think he just left a present on the 20 yard line.

Posted by: Blackaces | February 4, 2007 05:47 PM

Nothing says Super Bowl quite like Interpretive Dance from Cirque du Soleil... Am I right people?

Posted by: Bill Lehecka | February 4, 2007 05:49 PM

re:puppy bowl III the ref has been throwing flags on those "personal fouls"! they just had the big dog puppies in the arena, the labs could not stay out of the water bowl! they love to swim.

Posted by: Kitty | February 4, 2007 05:51 PM

I believe "Cirque du Soleil" is French-Canadian for "Up with People".

Posted by: Joel K | February 4, 2007 05:53 PM

I'll do Mr. Tony one better and not tune in until kickoff. That's what, about 6:30?

Posted by: Phil | February 4, 2007 05:55 PM

I think the band member wearing the 'GROSSMAN' jersey just fumbled his drumsticks.

Posted by: Blackaces | February 4, 2007 05:55 PM

"Cirque de Soleil" is French for "Circus of Crap."

Posted by: Phil | February 4, 2007 05:56 PM

the greatest latin french gay mime show on turf - why did i tune in early? I am ready for the burger king

Posted by: Joe Hellner | February 4, 2007 05:58 PM

If that's Grossman's mom... DANG! She's GID

Posted by: Stink | February 4, 2007 06:03 PM

The pre-game show is the height (depth?) of inanity. I don't know who is directing but he/she managed to miss anything that might have been mildly interesting. Let's hope the commercials are more engaging.

Posted by: Noah Nesin | February 4, 2007 06:04 PM

so far the rain is messing up production the fans look like wet rats already Nothing like Miami for a Super Bowl vs. flawless conditions in domed comfort like Detroit last year

Posted by: Joe Hellner | February 4, 2007 06:20 PM