Business Section: Expanded Stock Market Features
The week, the Business section completed its rollout of upgraded stock market/financial data pages, which are provided to washingtonpost.com by Marketwatch.com.
The new markets package includes:
* Expanded company profile information, including recent insider trades and financial measures. See The Washington Post Co. profile for an example.
* Upgraded calendar of upcoming economic events;
* The addition of an earnings calendar to help you track when companies report quarterly and annual financial statements.
* Expanded charting abilities.
* The addition of Marketwatch.com news stories.
* More detailed listing of analysts' upgrades and downgrades.
* A new gateway to market data at the top of the Business section (including a user-customizeable scrolling stock ticker).
Please update your bookmarks if you have any of our old pages saved in your browser. All new pages look like this one (with the gray/blue navigation bar at the top, NOT like this (with a left-side navigation list).
The first phase of the financial pages' relaunch was completed in January -- see this previous blog post for details.
Additional legacy pieces of the markets package will be updated in the future. Stay tuned for details. Please post any questions or suggestions in the comments area below.
Assistant Managing Editor, Nation and World
Please email us to report offensive comments.
Posted by: M Iqbal @Colombo | March 8, 2006 11:18 AM
Posted by: Truth B Told | March 8, 2006 11:32 AM
Posted by: H.A.Page | March 9, 2006 11:20 AM
Posted by: H.A. Page | March 9, 2006 11:24 AM
Posted by: washingtonpost.com | March 9, 2006 11:30 AM
Posted by: Dan | March 9, 2006 03:38 PM
Posted by: grieving | March 13, 2006 06:07 AM
Posted by: Devolicious | March 17, 2006 10:23 AM
Posted by: Scott Stevens | March 21, 2006 11:11 AM
Posted by: laughing | March 23, 2006 06:51 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.