Now it gets interesting

The thing I keep reminding myself about the draft is that the Wizards will essentially will be working with two first rounders this summer: Nick Young and the man called "Pesh." Nobody in the VC is saying that Oleksiy Pecherov is going to be an all star this season but the optimism surrounding the 7-foot-0, 245-pound gym rat is umistakable. As for Young, Ernie Grunfeld was glowing when he sat down to discuss the pick about a half hour after it went down. The coaching staff likes Young as well.

Time to empty the notebook and put draft night in perspective.....word is that Ernie was working the phone in the days leading up to draft night putting together scenerios that would allow him to move down in the first round, get a good player and pick up something extra. That went out the window the moment Philly took PF Thaddeus Young of G Tech at 12. The Wiz were not going to take Thaddeus anyway so him heading to Philly all but guaranteed one of the following players for the bronze and blue: Nick Young - if he could slide past New Orleans at No. 13, F Julian Wright, F Al Thornton (I got the impression from Ernie that he would have taken Thornton over Nick Young if big Al got to 16), SG Rodney Stuckey (who already had a deal in place with Detroit at 15. Not sure what Ernie would have done had the choice been between Nick Young and Stuckey) or PG Javaris Crittenton who wound up going to the Lakers at No. 19.

The Wiz could have lived with any of those options at 16 or Ernie may have had a deal in place to move back and still get one of them. Oh, and yes, deals between teams and players exist but, they are also breakable. That said, word is that Detroit wanted Stuckey over Nick Young anyway. The Wiz also weren't going to take Jason Smith.

I spoke with VP of Player Personnel Milt Newton and the word on second-round pick Dominic McGuire is that his defensive skills are impressive. He's a 6-foot-8, 210-pounder can defend three spots (SG, SF and PF), run the floor and put it on the deck and get to the rim. He also ranked fifth in the nation in blocks (3.6 per game). Those attributes are needed off that bench, big time.

My take: I can't wait to get to Las Vegas for summer league because I haven't seen enough of Pesh, Young or McGuire to truly form an opinion. How will Pesh look after another year under his belt? How does Nick Young's shooting range and ability to create off the dribble transfer to a new level of competition? How about the kid's defense and ability to pick up an offense? How about the little things we always tend to forgot such as screening, cutting, instincts with the rock in the open floor, etc? Those babies are more important than anything come playoff time..... As for McGuire, is he long enough to get a hand in the face of 6-10 and 6-11 power forwards with range and can he be a beast on those boards, thus earning a special place in Eddie Jordan's heart? I do know this: Gilbert likes the selection of Young and that doesn't hurt anything.

As for trades and the upcoming free agency period....if any Wiz move, it will be either Etan Thomas or Brendan Haywood. The worst kept secret in that organization is that one of them has to go. So far, Ernie hasn't gotten anyone to bite on Etan and his nasty contract (three years at $6.37, $6.86, $7.35). As for Haywood, he is very movable but it's hard for Ernie to get equal value in return (by that I mean a starting center)....Prediction: DeShawn Stevenson and his "swag" will be in a Wiz uniform next season....SG Jarvis Hayes will not but the fear is that with another year undre his belt after surgery on that knee, Jarvis will figure it out and become the player he can be. I could see this happening if: Jarvis gets his confidence in those legs back and starts attacking the cup off the dribble. That J is a thing of beauty, just has to go in more often. I will admit some bias: I like Jarvis as a person and it's hard not root for a good guy who has worked so hard to come back from two nasty injuries.

The front office and coaching staff are also in agreement on Pesh. The kid has lived in that gym since he got here and that endears him to everybody. As Ernie said about his sweet J: "It goes in a lot." Well said. That's what I've seen. I've watched Pesh go through shooting drills several times now and his shot always seems to be "on." (Note: I've seen him with no hands in the face. No shot clock. No pressure.) He'll also hit you off-glass old school style from either wing and, he has a nasty little pump fake that turns into a hard dribble and a pull up J. Those go in as well. As I said, I can't wait for Vegas (when was the last time someone wrote that about Vegas while talking about basketball??? My hero Hunter S. Thompson would be ashamed.....

Another summer reading idea: Check out "Nazi Games" by David Clay Large. It's about the 1936 Berlin Olympics with some really interesting background. Basically, the world's olympic organizations folded by not boycotting and that only served to help Adolph march through the world as he saw fit. The USOC was run by Avery Brundagew who basically comes off a swastika-wearing moron who didn't care about what was happening to the jews in Germany. And he wasn't alone. I'm just a few hundred pages in so I don't know how much the book goes into my man Jesse Owens. I'm hoping it does......

By Ivan Carter |  June 30, 2007; 1:39 PM ET
Previous: Thumbs Up To The NBA Draft | Next: New coach added

Comments

So does this post mean AD is safe? I liked the draft picks, but it still feels like the Wiz are one or two players away unless one of the pups has a serious breakout season (Blatche?) or Etan suddenly figures it all out for a whole year (I'm not holding my breath).

Posted by: RC | June 30, 2007 3:16 PM

hey i believe that the wizards should trade Antonio Daniels and bring in Steve Blake...i believe he could do as good as AD...and it would be a lot cheaper....Steve Blake is a free agent!!...i would also like to see the Wiz make a move for Anderson Varejao, Mikkie Moore, Jason Kapono, Earl Boykins, and maybe PJ Brown...one or two guys of this list would be good if we need another scoring spark off the bench i would also like Jannero Pargo...I can already see the Wiz re-signing Andray Blatche, DeShawn Stevenson, and probably Donnell Taylor....here's a list of all free-agents for this summer!!

Posted by: Fulvio | June 30, 2007 3:27 PM

Posted by: Fulvio | June 30, 2007 3:28 PM

Posted by: Fulvio | June 30, 2007 3:28 PM

thanks for the update IC. any undrafted free agents picked up by the wiz?

Posted by: hmmmmm | June 30, 2007 3:37 PM

Have Dowdell and Visser signed with anyone yet? Any chance they play in Vegas for the Wiz?

Posted by: College Educated | June 30, 2007 4:08 PM

Ivan, great coverage and reporting as usual. I concur that Etan is unmovable and BTH won't give us equal value. Because of this, either of these two guys will need to be packaged with another player of value in order to be moved and get fair return on value.

One question that you have not answered yet. With all the hype and gelling that's supposed to happen with the summer league team, why is Blatche skipping the summer league?

Posted by: DC Man88 | June 30, 2007 5:12 PM

What is the status of the Blatche negotiations? Does his non-participation in the Summer League mean anything?

Posted by: George Templeton | June 30, 2007 5:20 PM

George:
Two things to keep in mind about Blatche and Summer League: (1) Starters don't play in summer league, and Blatche started a number of games this year; and (2) Free agents who are already in the NBA don't play in summer league (if he got hurt, it would cost him millions). It's not laziness, attitude, etc. It's just smart.

PLUS, if Blatche played, he would be hoisting 25 shots a game like last summer as the team's best offensive option, and in my opinion, thus picking up bad habits. I think this guy improves the most by playing against NBA competition and learning where and how he fits in there.

Posted by: Sean | June 30, 2007 5:34 PM

"Prediction: DeShawn Stevenson and his "swag" will be in a Wiz uniform next season....SG Jarvis Hayes will not but the fear is that with another year undre his belt after surgery on that knee..."

I bet you a steak dinner anywhere you want that prediction is just the opposite Ivan. I don't think they are ready to give up on Jarvis yet and think they can get him cheaply for next season.

- Ray

Posted by: Ray | June 30, 2007 6:16 PM

I was jumping shouting and kicking things when we got Dominic MacGuire. Happy that is. I missed the last half of the 1st round, thought he was picked earlier. You people just don't know how perfect this guy is for the Wiz' defense.

How about: Top 3 in the NCAAs in total Blocks.

How about: Top 5 in the NCAAs in defensive rebounds.

A SF/SG-- who swats more shots per minute than Greg Mother Lovin' ODEN gentlemen...

And he's got handles and moves inside the paint. People might knock him for his high TO totals, but his asst/TO ratio is the same as G-town's own point forward Jeff Green. There's about 3 SF's in the draft with better assist per game stats.

What? Kid is perfect for the system. Feisty firey ath-elite with the same sorta defensive 'swag' that our Agent Zero brings on offense.

You people just don't know, just don't know. His 'close-the-gap' speed & length (6'10" wingspan), passing, defensive boards, blocks..

This is the ideal for an uptempo fastbreak team: stop the opponent, then fire the outlet pass to the guy streaking up the court, or dump off to the PG and fill a lane ready for the follow slam.

Come on. Who's not excited about this kid. I been trying to keep it under wraps for weeks and not let myself think about it too much, figure he'd be gone by #47.

But D-Mac? A Wizard? The Dominator? DMG? The Damager? A Wizard?

Suffice to say this doc is a happy fan right now....

Posted by: doclinkin | June 30, 2007 7:11 PM

Haywood and AD for Brad Miller

Posted by: Darnell | June 30, 2007 7:11 PM

Sorry, tied with Jeff Green in assist per game. But still...

Posted by: doclinkin | June 30, 2007 7:52 PM

Andray ain't gonna play summer league this summer because I need someone to play NBA Live with me, so I can beat that rook KD. We're gonna have a NBA Live tourney over here at my mansion in Great Falls.

Posted by: Gilbert Arenas | June 30, 2007 8:51 PM

"Suffice to say this doc is a happy fan right now...."

Tell us how you really feel Doc? :)

"We're gonna have a NBA Live tourney over here at my mansion in Great Falls."

Dude, you better get your a$$ back to rehabbing instead of playing those silly games.

- Ray

Posted by: Ray | June 30, 2007 10:43 PM

Thanks Doclinkin,

I mentioned Thursday night that when the pick was made for MacGuire, who I frankly had never heard of, I went and found some footage and my eyes showed me what you are saying. He looks like he has attitude, athleticism, has length, and really I think the hope is that he can slow Labron down.

At this point I think we need to take the best offer we can get for Haywood and move him. I'd take that Brad Miller deal in an heartbeat. Again Daniels is a great guy who I'd hate to see go, but apperently nobody wants to take our problems away from us for nothing. I guess Ernie couldn't pull off any magic this time. Swapping BTH for MacGloire? That would be fine as well.

I am also intrigued that Pacers want to move J. O'Neal. Why not with the Wiz? He would fit with us because he would not be expected to carry the main load. He has big salary I bet. I'd even entertain Jamison in the deal. Wonder what is on Ernie's mind now? I still don't think he is finished.

Posted by: BmoreRev | June 30, 2007 11:30 PM

Well doclinkin, you certainly have piqued my interest about Dominic McGuire. Unfortunately he probably had more help on the defensive side at Fresno State than he will get here. I just hope Eddie Jordan plays him, although you make a pretty compelling case that he would be an Eddie favorite.

Posted by: George Templeton | July 1, 2007 12:15 AM

How does the idea of Ernie going for Chauncey Billups sound? CB is a tough nosed, clutch shooter, who won't take the limelight from Gilby. Plus, he adds veteran savvy and is a decent setup guard. I'd be willing to bet that the Pistons would be interested in taking on BTH and maybe the rights to Navarro for CB.

Posted by: DC Man88 | July 1, 2007 12:35 AM

Know what Rev? I've been banging the 'trade Brendan' drum for a while, but actually now I kinda hope it doesn't happen.

See the thing is, while we can't expect too much too quickly, still if we had a mature version of the player that D-Mac projects to be, Eddie wouldn't have had any problem with Brendan last year.

Coach was catching so much fore and flack about his defense, some of the trickle down effect was felt by Haywood, who got peeved and lackadaisical because at least he actually tried to defend a little bit, unlike Gilbert or Antawn (at times).

I think he felt a double standard. And got in a snit about it. Go them poor widdle feewings hurted. Well yeah Brendan, but it's not like you could put up 30+ points per night either. That's not your role.

But to some extent he was right. He was the scapegoat for the team's inability to defend because the only reason he was out there was as a defensive player. If the team didn't defend well, must be his fault. Well, where's the accountability for Gil?

It's a fact: Gil didn't bother to defend because he felt he needed to conserve all his energy for the other end, 60 point scoring binges and late game heroics.

And to some extent Gilbert was right too.

Dude is undersized as a shooting guard (primary scorer whatever) but had to give 100% effort every night on offense just to keep the team winning, despite getting dissected with blunt force trauma by Reuben Patterson, etc. Playing with a separated shoulder.

In fact Gil's injury came when the Coach said everybody is responsible for hustling, boxing out, getting loose balls, doesn't matter if you're a guard or whatever.

And to some extent Coach Eddie was right. Because the fact is the whole dang team was undersized at each of their positions. And the only way they could win is if they played their best players 40 minutes per night, 80 some-odd games per year, with all of them giving top effort all game long.

Because they're undersized in everything but heart.

Except Brendan. On both counts. He's very, very big. Matter of fact, he's so BIG that it doesn't really matter if he gives a halfass effort, he still has a more powerful effect on the game than the guy playing behind him.

Stats in a Sports Illustrated piece (on the effect of shotblocking in a gaame) showed that Brendan was 2nd only to Dikembe Mutombo in forcing outside shots. That is-- when Haywood was in the game, opponents preferred to jack it from outside.

(I'd link you, but I don't have it bookmarked and today I'm lazy).

Point being, this ability to affect a game and defend without effort doesn't show up in a box score except in two places: the rebound totals of the guys playing behind him (Caron and Antawn) and the Win/Loss column.

And the fact is, in the new 'handcheck rule' NBA this is actually a powerful defensive bonus: the ability to defend wihtout trying. To defend without picking up a foul. Call it the Big 'Wood Effect. The BWE.

And the reason why it works? For a guy his size he's relatively athletic. But mostly: he's very very long, this Big 'Wood is:

The tallest standing reach of any player in the league drafted since 1999. Yao Ming excepted.

The 'BWE' means you can play your man tighter on the outside because he's more likely to jack shots than drive. But the problem with that theory is that it induces the opposing coach to run Picks & Screens to pop your man free for open jumpshots.

And this induces Brendan to step out and cover his man outside (setting the pick) which frees up the inside for you to blow past him and score free buckets underneath. He's so big, he can't recover that quick. Yay, free biscuits for everyone.

The guy who is supposed to cover him underneath is our undersized captain, who is useful for many other things, but ain't no intimidating defensive specialist.

BUT! If we had a guy like a quickfooted mistake-erasing swingman to collapse and smack the ball away without fouling.

(Dom McGuire #6 in the NCAA in blocks/ personal foul-- better than Greg Oden or Brandon Wright, or Joakim Noah, or Roy Hibbert)

And if this guy was also highly proficient at snatching loose ricochets:

(Higher rate of defensive rebounding than Kevin Durant, Greg Oden, etc.)

Well now-- that being the case-- you're not going to be trying that little game quite so much, are you now my friend?

I would guess you'd be getting that weak [stuff] out of here...

Couple this with the further development of long-armed rebounding agile 6'11" hustling shot blocker like Bulletproof Dray Blatche...

Or the addition of a 7 foot foreign kid who reports suggest kinda likes to mix it up underneath and fight for loose balls.

Either one of whom might spell our 'power' forward for few minutes of bench time. Either one can hit a jumper, dribble a bit and pass, finish underneath on putbacks and the like.

Well we're not so undersized, undermanned, or undergunned any longer. And our backcourt guys can frankly outright suck at keeping in front of their man: it ain't gonna matter if your frontcourt is:

6'8" Shotblocking Dominator (~7' wingpsan)
6'11" Bulletproof or 7' Pecherov
7' (9'6" standing reach) Big Wood

You can put Gilbert and Quik Young outside play their man tight, or work for steals and let the enemy shoot all day from long range, cause they ain't getting the rebounds, and their miss is our rebound, outlet pass, fast break, stuff.

To be a good uptempo running team, you got to first force misses, then get the ball back and go. With this team? You know I think we kinda can do that now...

-doc.

Posted by: doclinkin | July 1, 2007 12:43 AM

Too add and clarify:

The Gilbert injury I refer to is his ACL tear, when he was supposed to box out a 7 foot RobCat that fell on him.

Additionally. Know what? We drafted exactly what Gil wanted in his blog:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
"Wizards' Draft Needs
I want an aggressive scorer. We don't have a scorer coming off the bench. We don't have somebody who is aggressive whose mindset is shoot-first coming off. We need somebody coming off there so when we put me, Caron and Antawn on the sidelines, we have somebody who can still light it up. My first year it was Juan Dixon. He came off and he just sparked us. So I think that's what we need. We need a flat-out shooter and we need a scorer and we need [...] a scrappy big man, just somebody who can just come in and just lay fouls down coming off the bench. If we get that, then we'll be fine. ">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And the fact is, I think Gil was right.

With the addition of a 6'7" 2-guard who patterned his game after Penny Hardaway and Kobe Bryant, who can create his own shot in traffic, mid-range, underneath, above the rim, even with an outside J...

Gil can feel free to relax a little bit on offense and pick up the slack as a defender and distributor--

(same way he did on the USA team, only he'd be allowed to drive and attack if he felt like it)

-- or at least long enough to lull them to sleep and turn it up in attack mode in occasional 60 point out bursts or late game heroics.

As needed, not every game all game.

I just think we've really got something going here. Be sorta silly just to chuck it for nothing.

We resign 'Proof.
We resign DS-2 at a reasonable price.

Bring in an outside shooter on the rest of the MLE (after DeShawn). Matt Carroll, or Jason Kaponovich. Maybe even resign Donnell and CBooth to veteran minimum contracts.

I think we got one of the deepest most talented teams in the league. Keep the same offense, same philosophy, except we just added a defensive guru...

Should be interesting.

Posted by: doclinkin | July 1, 2007 1:00 AM

I like your thinking doc... and i tend to agree with what you say about BH.... the question is can he perform for us given his history with eddie and etan. I noticed you didn't mention etan anywhere in your posts... I would say everything you say is good provided etan is gone... even if we don't get anything in return for him... bc with etan gone i think bh steps it up bc he has no excuse at this point its play or the rookies / bullet proof are gonna get your minutes.

Posted by: Dante | July 1, 2007 1:16 AM

i agree with you to doc....but who do you guys think we can get for etan thomas maybe we can package him with AD and next years 2nd round pick and we may be able to get someone decent....if we do trade AD anyways which i would only approve of is if we were getting a good player in return..but if we do i think we should go after Seve Blake look at the nice job he did with Denver!! at first i was a little iffy about Dom McGuire but now after reading al his stats and comparing them and reading all these blogs and comments im starting to think that this may be one of the bigges steals in the draft according to his stats i would think this kid would be gone in the mid frist round to late first round...this kid is good...o yeah and another thing i say we only trade jamison if we can get Amre Stoudemire, Jermaine O'Neal, or Pau Gasol if we can't get these guys i believe or team should stay the same

Posted by: Fulvio | July 1, 2007 8:24 AM

Haywood is gone, and for one reason: Jordan hates him. I've been banging the drum all season about how much more effective our D is when Brendan's in the game, but Jordan simply won't play him more than 20-25 minutes per game, no matter how much he affects the game. When Etan was hurt last year is when we were winning the most. That's also when Brendan got most of his minutes. Coincidence? I think not!

Posted by: Keithintor | July 1, 2007 8:35 AM

Can anyyone tell me where undrafted Wake Forest center Kyle Visser is going to camp as a free agent? I believe he was the highest rated player not drafted and I hope Ernie tried to get him to join the Wiz this summer...

Posted by: beyesn | July 1, 2007 9:37 AM

Good posts here. Etan is very hard to trade bc of his bad contract though if we could give him away for expiring contracts to gain cap relief I would do that. As to Haywood, would Denver take him and AD plus a euro/draft pick for Camby? I understand Denver is looking for cap relief and a pg. Haywood is a rare Big who still has potential but will never realize it here with Coach Jordan.

Posted by: wizfanatic | July 1, 2007 9:39 AM

Dc Mann, no way the Pistons give away a finals mvp and all-star for a non double-double center and a guard that is, at best, another year away from being able to play in the league. Plus we don't have the cap space to make a deal like that work and that proposed trade would mean chauncey would have to sign for about 6 million a year ( i believe he is looking for double digits per year). contract wise, it would have to be daniels and one of the centers (either etan or BTH) to match up, and the pistons aren't taking that packaage.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 1, 2007 9:40 AM

one more thing. I was hoping that Starberry would slip out of the draft and into the Wizards hands as an undrafted free agent. He sure would be good as a defender/shooter off the bench.

I also was hoping we could acquire another high number 2 to get Big Baby in round 2---he has real potential if he can get his eating under control. Good draft anyway.

Posted by: wizfanatic | July 1, 2007 9:45 AM

Hey Doc...

But still, something to look foward too. :)

- Ray

Posted by: Ray | July 1, 2007 11:05 AM

This could be the quietest free agent period ever. I haven't seen anything about anyone. I am worried that Blatche landing in the top 10 of yahoos free agents list is going to mean he is going to cost a little more than Wiz fans thought. Most of us probably figured he was pretty under the radar around the league.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 1, 2007 12:53 PM

Here is the link to Dom McGuire pics from Yahoo site that I saw.

Every time I watch it I get more excited about him. I can't wait to see what he does in Vegas. He may be a keeper. We should have a much better bench next year.

Posted by: BmoreRev | July 1, 2007 1:27 PM

Hey Ivan I got something for you! Absolutely hilarious!!

In the Times today, they wrote about The Wizards re-signing Blatche, and they made the exact same mistake you did!

"The Wizards will be over the salary cap next season, meaning they can use just their mid-level exception (starting at $4.5 million) to re-sign him." LOL!

They also said they're offering DeShawn 3yr at 9 mil to stay, letting Jarvis go, and keeping Booth with the LLE.

Doubt if there's any space left, but I'd really like to see us try to bring in Brevin Knight who was waived. And I'd rather add unrestricted FA Joe Smith to replace Booth.

Posted by: Darnell | July 1, 2007 1:46 PM

Also looks like we're adding Humphrey from FL to summerleague.

I'd really like to see us pick up JR Reynolds!

Posted by: Darnell | July 1, 2007 1:50 PM

Not only did the times mess up with the restricted free agent rule, they also got the MLE wrong. Last year it was $5.4 million, not $4.5. Doubt it will go down after a year.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 1, 2007 1:55 PM

Hey Doc...

But still, something to look foward too. :)

- Ray

Posted by: Ray | July 1, 2007 11:05 AM

Ray,
That's also something that could be said about every high schooler who ever came into the NBA... that they didn't play against quality opposition. And the thing is rebounds and blocked shots are hussle plays regardless of your competition or lack of it. And Mcquire has a track record of performing exceedingly well in these areas. As such I'm highly optimistic about him but also a realist that many players just don't pan out. Hustle though is a quality that always helps to make up for talent. I can't wait to see him in the summer league.

Posted by: Dante | July 1, 2007 4:02 PM

1) Thanks for the analysis on DMG doc.....do I smell a Shawn Marion type player? If the kid wants to work hard, he can develop his J. I might have been skeptical of trading AJ's leadership for the Matrix anyway.

2) I wouldn't mind Brad Miller at all....just not sure if Sac Town would want to make that deal. How does that benefit them?

3) One trade which might be practical, actually, it would be a little tough to swallow..but AD and Branda Haywood to the Celtics for Theo Ratliff.

Why I like it:
- get a shot blocking veteran
- get rid of locker-room cancer in Haywood
- get cap room for next year

Why I don't:
- seemingly giving up more talent
- losing vet leadership from AD - even though he's had some slow times, he just a gamer

Why the Celtics would do it:
- Hey, Danny Ainge is a desperate man. Brenda and AD are exactly what they need. I'd like to get a second round pick from them in the deal, but it may be the Wiz who would have to give up the pick.

Posted by: K-Dub | July 1, 2007 4:11 PM

Just got off the phone after making some calls. 1. Don't pay to much attention to the report that the Wiz were set to offer DeShawn 3 years, $9 million today. That figure is just a starting point for negotiations I'm told. No way DeShawn takes that anyway. After the season he told me that he'd take less elsewhere again before taking something like the 3-year, $10 million offer he turned down from Orlando last summer. He's looking for a five-year deal with a nice chunk of that mid-level. My guess is that the sides will find middle ground and he'll get something for around $4 million in the first year. 2. As long as nobody offers Blatche a ridiculous deal, the Wiz will match and he'll be here. 3. All is quiet regarding B Haywood trade talk. I hear that things will heat up later this summer after teams have explored all of their trade/free agent options. There's a chance he could be back.

Posted by: Ivan | July 1, 2007 4:28 PM

Hey Doc. Excellent writeup on the Haywood scenero. I had been saying just about the same thing all during the season about him, but that left me "out there" to get shot at by all of the "Haywood haters".

I read somewhere, maybe Gil's blog, that Gil thought we could win with Haywood and the points you made about Haywood being the scapegoat for terrible defense were also right on point.

I was so glad when Eddie did not have that option of going to Etan earlier in the season, because it forced Eddie to play Haywood. If I am not mistaken, we had a winning record when he started.

Once Etan came back, Eddie started "jerking" with Haywood little by little, until you saw what 4 months of "subtle" abuse can do to somebody (i.e. Haywood's reaction the last game of the season).

I do not think the "tough love" technique works well with Haywood, and if Eddie switched up the way he dealt with him Haywood could be very effective for this team.

***** Thanks for the update Wiz update Ivan. Also will you or Ivan be doing a story on McGuire? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks Doc for your great writeup on the kid. The post should "hook you up" for that great post, because it looks like they are not trying to write about him...........

Posted by: mikie | July 1, 2007 5:03 PM

Ray sez: >>>>>>>>>>>Hey Doc...

I appreciate what you wrote about Dominic McGuire and it's definately something to look foward to, but you gotta keep in mind if you look at the schedule that Fresno State didn't really play anyone last year outside of Stanford.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

doc's reply:

I know that. But as of today I don't give a crap...

(It's the offseason. We've got many long months to come back to reality. And dude, it's the 47th pick, if he was in the Big East, not hidden out West, playing late night and off-camera, there would be no chance we'd have got him).

That said: you forgot to mention Nevada with the Nation's #1 rebounder in Nick Fazekas. (played twice).

But let's look at what McGuire did in those big time games:

vs. Stanford:
25 points (season high), 13 rebounds (11 defensive), 2ast, 2 blocks, 2 steals.

@Nevada:
19 points (his avg is 13.5 ppg), 5 boards, 4 assists 1 steal 2 blocks. in 29 minutes before fouling out.

vs. Nevada:
15 points 9 boards 5 ast. 1 steal 4 blocks.

Looks to me like someone who raises his game against tougher competition.

Granted he couldn't board as well against the 6'11" fundamentally sound rebounder Nicky the Greek Freak Fazeke. And all three games were team losses.

But it wasn't for lack of effort. The rest of his team just wasn't up to the task.

For McGuire's part he was clearly on the attack: he took 12 FT's in the Stanford game, 11 in the second Nevada game.

All you can ask for is 100% effort. All you can ask is all that he's got. Clearly this is a player who gives you all that. And then some.

Yeah. So. I'm not crying too hard that we didn't take Aaron Gray as our 5th Center.

We found upside and attitude and defense at a need position (no 2-guard on the roster right now, and only CB3 at SF, or 'Tawn if you play him there).

We added size and athleticism to a bench that was puny and ineffective last year.

Put it plain:

Would you rather have Jarvis jacking shots and missing all year?

Or would you rather take a chance on a 6'8" guy with a 6'11' wingspan who can pass to Gil/Caron/Tawn/N1; or slash, rebound, and smack the pebbles off the ball when your man slips by you.

-- Last thing. The thing I like most about this kid's upside. He blocks shots from his own man, not just from the weakside. It's alot harder to do, you have to have quick springs and great reactions to do that. Bodes well for his future development.

So. Ain't a fan allowed to be happy 'bout something around here? Dom McGuire man. Just you wait, if he stays healthy you gonna _see_ something, I expect...

Posted by: doclinkin | July 1, 2007 5:08 PM

>>>1) Thanks for the analysis on DMG doc.....do I smell a Shawn Marion type player? >>>-k-dub

No, I don't think he has the lateral quickness of a Shawn Marion. And he has nothing like hair-trigger jumpshot. He actually seemed more comfortable defending inside than trying to keep up on the outside.

Actually I think he'd be great as the free-safety middle-dot in a 2-1-2 zone (or other zone schemes using a mobile forward) especially against teams that have no deadly outside gunner.

Oh and BTW: Theo Ratliff is a terrible idea, what is wrong with you man?

Posted by: doclinkin | July 1, 2007 5:31 PM

"Only the people that cover the Wizards, radio, tv, and newspaper seem to know what the "true beef" is between Eddie and Brendon. But as fans, we do not know the "inside stuff", so it would be nice for "somebody" to write a story about it so we all could put this Haywood and Eddie thing to bed, once and for all."

I second that... come on Ivan & Mike what's the real beef here?

Posted by: Dante | July 1, 2007 5:54 PM

It's pretty simple: Haywood is effective when he gets 30-35 minutes of playing time. However, for some reason, Eddie likes to play Etan a lot more than Haywood even though when we have Haywood on the floor, we are a much better defensive team. When Haywood struggles for 5 minutes, Jordan pulls him...when Etan struggles for 5 straight games, Jordan still lets him play.

Posted by: Raf | July 1, 2007 8:49 PM

Thanks Ivan for the update. I am amazed that the Haywood talks are not active and that there is chance he could return. I just can't see us going into next year with Etan and Brendon still here and Eddie Jordan trying to again manage this situation. Like some I wonder if Jordan is the problem but gosh, it just seems this distraction has got to be resolved. Pech and Songalia are probably going to get time at the 5 anyway. So let's get something for Haywood and let Etan start.

Posted by: BmoreRev | July 1, 2007 8:50 PM

In a nutshell, Raf got it right. Another thing to add is that BTH wants and needs touches. This team, Les BouleS, does not reward the big man for helping out on D. BTH had great numbers when Larry was here, and that's b/c Larry got him the ball. Why should BTH bail out or sorry no defensive ability guards when he won't get a few touches as thanks?

Posted by: DC Man88 | July 1, 2007 9:44 PM

i don't think trading ad nad bth for camby gives denver any cap relief -- in fact, it'll put them 2 mil more in the whole. so i wouldn't count on that happening.

what i really don't want is for us to trade haywood for significantly less value. he's a solid player, much better than etan, imo.

i think our best hope is that some team, in the race for the finals, gets desparate for backup help at the 4/5 spot and we can trade thomas for cap relief or something like that.

also as a coach, jordan needs to try his best to find a way to work with haywood if it means a better overall situation for the team. i remember jordan having issues with gil during his first year, but he obvious found a way for it to work.

and while bth is certianly not as valuable as arenas, having a 7' center who is ahletic and can defend is an important piece of the puzzle for us.

Posted by: JC | July 1, 2007 10:19 PM

Thank you Ivan, it's nice to get some real inside info.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 1, 2007 10:19 PM

"Ain't a fan allowed to be happy 'bout something around here? Dom McGuire man."

I read those stats, as long as he plays defense and gets boards I'll be a happy fan.

"We sure would like to know what the real deal is. Seems that Ernie likes Haywood and Coach Jordan likes Etan. Is it that simple or is more going on?"

Rev I read on another site, maybe it was Fox, that Jordan stayed home for the draft and player intro's because he's not happy right now. Seems kinda odd to not have your coach there for either. I think more is going on and have since Ivan reported the assistants were not yet renewed. Maybe Ivan can shed more light on it.

"My guess is that the sides will find middle ground and he'll get something for around $4 million in the first year."

I'll be very surprised if it's here. Funny thing is everyone is reporting Jarvis is as good as gone. My money is saying he will be a Wizard next year.

- Ray

Posted by: Ray | July 1, 2007 10:23 PM

"Why should BTH bail out or sorry no defensive ability guards when he won't get a few touches as thanks?"

Hmmmmmmm why would he do such a thing?????

THAT IS WHAT HE GETS PAID TO DO.

Haywood will not be back. He's softer then a roll of charmin.

It's one thing to project a players stats out over 30 minutes. And quick another for a player to go out there for 30 minutes and put those type of numbers up.

Here is a 7 foot center who has never averaged 7 rebound a game in his career. What you see is what you get.

Haywood's career averages.

01-02 Mpg 20.4 RPG 5.2 PPG 5.1
02-03 23.8, 5.0, 6.2
03-04 19.3, 5.0, 7.0
04-05 27.4, 6.8, 9.4
05-06 23.8, 5.9, 7.3
06-07 22.6, 6.6, 6.2

This is not a 20 and 10 player we are talking about here. Hell he not even a 10 and 10 player.

He averages in the 1.7 block per game. But even that stat is not in shouting distance of Mark Eaton.

Posted by: dc | July 1, 2007 10:26 PM

These Trades Works Under NBA Rules:
Denver Gets:
1. Antonio Daniels
2. Brendan Haywood
3. Michael Ruffin
Washington Gets:
1. Steve Blake
2. Marcus Camby
Here is a site where you can make a deal of your own
Give your thoughts!!!
1. Lamar Odom
2. Juan Dixon
Lakers Get:
1. Antawn Jamison (expiring contract)
Toronto Gets:
2. Brendan Haywood
Maybe Next Years 2nd Round Pick
1. Tyson Chandler
N/O Hornets Get:
1. Antonio Daniels
2. Brendan Haywood
Oh and about all my trade suggestions I want to see which ones you like...its not that I am going trade crazy!!!
1. Emeka Okafor
Charlotte Gets:
1. Antonio Daniels
or
Wizards Get:
1. Emeka Okafor (good rebounder)
2. Primo Brezec
Charlotte Gets:
1. Antonio Daniels (their in need of a point guard)
2. Darius Songalia
i would love to find out a way to get David Lee maybe some draft picks or something but he is and incredible rebounder
1. Shawn Marion
2. Brendan Haywood or Etan Thomas
3. Next Years 1st and 2nd Round Picks
1. Josh Smith
Atlanta Gets:
1. Antonio Daniels

Posted by: Fulvio | July 1, 2007 10:33 PM

Hope you had fun with that silly trade machine. You forgot the two most obvious ones though:

Washington gets:
The Suns
Phoenix gets:
The Wizards

or

Washington gets:
The Spurs
San Antonio gets:
The Wizards

Posted by: ummm | July 1, 2007 10:56 PM

So Deshawn could stay while Jarvis walks... only Ray would be surprised.

Did they even tender Jarvis?

Posted by: Johnny Boy | July 1, 2007 11:02 PM

dc,

The key stats there are minutes per game. It's hard to have good stats when you're playing 22,23 minutes. We don't know what his scoring and rebounding averages would be if he played starter's minutes, i.e. 35 minutes per game. I fully believe, however, that they'd be respectable. Again, I don't have any illusions about Haywood's game; he's limited. But he's at least serviceable, and in the East, he's probably in the upper half of centers -- or would be, if Eddie would let him on the court.

The perfect example of Eddie's animosity toward Brendan, and how it blinds him to Haywood's ability to help the team, was in the playoffs this year. He played Etan the majority of the minutes against Ilgauskas, although everyone and his brother knows that Brendan is twice as effective against him as Etan is. He was more interested in his fued against Haywood than he was about winning the series. I believe that fully.

Posted by: keithintor | July 1, 2007 11:06 PM

Ray,
I hadn't noticed that Jordan was not in the pictures or quoted last week. So he wasn't even around? Something fishy is going on. Time for Ivan to make a few more calls.

I've been on record for thinking that some of his coaching decisions are not understandable. If there is a power struggle going on I think Ernie G wins out. Maybe since nobody better can be brought in I guess they they will stick with Eddie but challenge his philosophy.

Posted by: BmoreRev | July 1, 2007 11:18 PM

Ray sez--
>>>>>>>>Doc, I hope he's "all world" every season. I'm just saying I'm gonna wait until he starts playing in the NBA to get excited on him as well as Young. The Wiz haven't had much luck in the draft in recent years.>>>>>>

Reply:

I know, Wiz fans are always terrified waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's a long history of hopes getting drowned like a 2-headed kitten on the old farm.

I understand. But hey it's the offseason. If you can't have irrational exuberance the day ofter the Draft, when can you get uppity at all...

But on the other hand: Ernie wasn't running those drafts. And whatever his spotty record with 1st round picks (he's had precious few since his teams tend to win -- I think before Pesh his last one was TJ Ford) He seems to have a genius for second rounders. Ask Michael Redd.

But really--kinda rough to judge him negatively on what amounts to 2 Draft picks -- both late 2nd rounders-- and only one failure (where are you now PJR?).

Dray Blatche is developing nicely, all things considered.

Me. I ain't gonna starve myself of a chance to get overly excited. As of today I'm deciding Dominic McGuire will one day be a 1st team All-Defense player. And before his career is out, a DPOY. Yep: and with the Wizards, too, not after he's traded away.

Shoot, I'm building this here DMG bandwagon from scratch. Anyone wanna pass me that box of nails?

Posted by: doclinkin | July 2, 2007 12:23 AM

Youh have to wonder if Tom Young's retirement, the lack of extensions for his assistants and Ernie apparently hiring this Thibodeau w/out Eddie Jordan's input, that all of that could lead to Jordan quitting this summer.
It would certainly be a very late time to do it, but you have to wonder what the effect of all of this is. Ernie certainly had to be unhappy with how the Brendan situation got so bad and the team's struggles post all-star break.

Posted by: George Templeton | July 2, 2007 12:54 AM

It may be easier to let the coach walk than to get value for Haywood in a trade. I'm sure Ernie would rather keep Haywood than keep him. Problem is, coach has a year left on his contract which means he won't be going anywhere unless someone else offers him a job. So we may have to suffer through one last year of this guy. One way to get the message through is to let him know that the team will re-up the contracts of all of his assistants, but only for one more year as well. That way, if he decides to come back this year, he knows its "perform-or-go" time.

Posted by: DC | July 2, 2007 1:02 AM

I think the Stevenson negotiations will be interesting. The $3 million per for 3 years offer from the Wizards that was reported, incorrectly according to Ivan, actually sounds about right. Would Stevenson really reject any such deal and instead play for another team on a one year contract instead? Of course you have to keep in mind that anything anyone says right now is posturing. But would Stevenson really make the same mistake two summers in a row -- overvalue himself, and pass up a decent deal with the hope of a much better deal next summer?
AND, if the Stevenson negotiations stall, does Jarvis Hayes become this year's Keith Booth -- i.e., the Wizards give up on signing Stevenson to a reasonable contract, and instead sign Jarvis to a cheaper contract?
From my perspective, a three year deal makes sense. If it's anything longer than that, $4million per sounds too high.

Posted by: Sean | July 2, 2007 8:07 AM

doc,

You've just made my day. LOL. Building the bandwagon from scratch!

I'm calling today to add CSN back to our DirecTV package for the summer league--I'm looking forward to seeing these kids play.

I've always wanted desperately to like EJ, but it's getting harder and harder every day.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 2, 2007 8:13 AM

I keep reading that Grant Hill is willing to sacrifice money at this point in his career to have a shot at a championship. The short list in the media never seems to include the Wiz. He is from South Lakes in VA. His mom works for a consulting firm based in DC and his dad is still living in Great Falls. Why wouldn't we want to add him on the cheap? I understand that minutes would be an issue, but why not have that problem if you don't have to pay him a lot?? You are getting rid of Hayes and looking to pay Stevenson. Give Grant the minutes from Hayes and Daniels last year. Sure it would be better if he was a power forward or Center, but again why not? He has been averaging 30 mins a game the last several years...you could cut that back to 25 on the Wiz, prolong his career and have the mature ingredients for a championship.

Posted by: Leesburg | July 2, 2007 9:22 AM

My guess is that Grunfeld is not moving quickly to trade Haywood because they'd like to evauluate Pecherov at center first. The summer league games will be interesting to see how he does and if he is deployed at center. When he arrived here at the end of May Grunfeld stated that he now was viewing Pecherov as a center.
Since Eddie Jordan has been pretty mum since the season ended the summer league will be the first teat to see if everyone's on the same page there or if there is a scisim developing.
It looks like to me that Grunfeld is envisioning putting guys with enough length and quickness on the floor to try and collapse and help and recover and get to the shooters on defense. And it sure looks like we drafted two guys that can get out in the running game.
You don't have to be plodding on offense to play good defense, I see the makings of a team with some real long armed quick guys that can create some turnovers and get out and run.
My 2 cents on the Haywood conversation, he is what he is and not what he thinks he is. And in his mind there's always a coach standing in the way of him being more than he is. I've watched the guy since his Carolina days, anybody that long causes some problems in the lane. He doesn't block a hugh number of shots, but he does change a fair amount.
He's much more athletic than Mourasan but comparably he's got terrible hands. His hands are part of his rebounding problem, he has more rebounds bounce off his hands than about anybody I've ever seen. Etan has some of the same problem, he's so happy when he gets a rebound he waves his elbows three times just to show that he's got it, of course sometimes he misses a guy on the outlet pass while he's doing it.
Haywood is a servicable rotation 7', there's not alot of them, but he's not an Allstar or even a starter on most teams. And with all of the smallball rotations teams use now he's not a 30 minute a night guy, he's just not quick enough to come out and gaurd some of these guys on the perimeter. And offensively he's not skilled enough or aggresive enough in the lowpost to punish a team for putting a 6'7" guy on him.
Since there's not alot of centers out there in the trade market I'd think Ernie will have to take a small guy in return for him. Last year it was rumored the Bulls offered Duhon for him, so I think that's about the quality of guy that we'll get.
One guy that is really being shopped and his salary matches close enough to work is Marcus Banks, he just doesn't fit on the Suns but is a decent backup point that is probably overpaid for what he is, similar guy to Daniels when he was that age. If Daniels would get moved in another deal that could be a possibility of a backup point.
With Memphis drafting Conley they have two young points, it would seem like they might want to move Kyle Lowery. Lowery and Swift for Etan? We might harvest a backup point out of the deal,

Posted by: GM | July 2, 2007 10:06 AM

Eddie made his bed in the playoffs, first by not playing Haywood against Ilgauskas. He lead the playoffs in shooting percentage after that series. Eddie kept the one guy we have that can give him trouble nailed to the bench.

Then he played EVERYONE except Haywood. thats when (another example?) it went from teaching Haywood a lesson to embarrassing him. No one called Eddie on it either.

Look at Haywood's game logs. he'd go from 20 to 30 minutes and decent numbers to 9 or fewer in the next few games. Eddie is just ahead of Doc Rivers on this scale. Not good.

Posted by: Johnny Boy | July 2, 2007 10:30 AM

I'm so glad everyone is finally seeing the light on Eddie Jordan's inability to coach.

To me a coach is a teacher, and that's not Jordan. This and he plays "favorites."

What took everyone so long???? ;);)

- Ray

Posted by: Ray | July 2, 2007 10:44 AM

PJ Carlesimo, anyone?

Posted by: AV | July 2, 2007 10:50 AM

Any word yet on whether the Wizards made the qualifying offer to Hayes??

Posted by: Joe | July 2, 2007 11:54 AM

PJ Carlesimo, anyone?

Posted by: AV | July 2, 2007 10:50 AM

haha maybe... definitely not van gundy or larry brown... who else is still available out there that we would want as a coach?

Posted by: Dante | July 2, 2007 12:16 PM

Leesburg,

I too would love to see grant hill and think he would be a good fit. I'd rather him out there with hayes minutes than hayes... between those and a couple from daniels we can get him 25-30 minutes per

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to san antonio though... we all know thats where the rings are these days. Though maybe he's waiting to see where garnett goes to join him there

Posted by: Dante | July 2, 2007 12:20 PM

Not sure who else is out there as a coach, but Carlesimo is by all accounts a stand-up guy with a great mind for the game.. Not to mention the fact that he has been absorbing Popovich for the last couple seasons.. I think he would be a great fit for the Wiz. Its clearly unfair that he got the rep for not getting along with players when Spree was the only one who had a problem with him. And he was a borderline sociopath.

Posted by: AV | July 2, 2007 12:30 PM

Think P.J. would have to choke a few guys to get them to play defense?
Jordan can coach offense, but he doesn't seem to have a clue as to when kick a guy in the tail or when he needs a pat on the back. We don't know all of the ins and outs on the team, but I sit where I can look straight across at the bench and you can see some of the body langauge even from the cheap seats.
Some guys on his team are having as hard of a time figuring Eddie out as we are and it shows.

Posted by: GM | July 2, 2007 12:31 PM

To all out there that don't like BTH, please take a look at this

The weaknesses that scouts saw in 2001 are the same ones he exhibits now. He will NEVER be a great rebounder but he is an above average defender. We need to stop comparing him to scoring centers and build around his strengths. Give the man 10 shots a game and he'd be happy. He'd probably score on 5 of them, too. Everyone here knows what happens when you go out and play ball and you get frozen out on offense. Eventually you stop playing D and you jack up a bad shot just to get back at your teammates. Same with BTH. It's human nature. HIs attitude might suck considering he's getting paid but you have to uderstand where he's coming from. I think that Eddie Jordan's rotation is terrible. Blatche would come in and in 10 minutes, get a block , a steal 4 points and play good D. Then you wouldn't see him again until the next game. If we had a coach who was looking to develop a team instead of just burning our stars out for a few extra wins per year, we'd be better off. There's a reason or guys are breaking down at the end of the year. Eddie is playing them 45 minutes a night early in the season. Our team is built to run and we should do that because we're never gonna be a defensive juggernaut. Bottom line: start Gil (1), caron (2), Blatche(3), Antawn(4), Pech or haywood (5). This gives us defense at the 3 and 5 (if Haywood) and our best chance to win.

Posted by: Mark | July 2, 2007 12:54 PM

Posted by: GM | July 2, 2007 12:31 PM

Isn't that what in the end separates the good coaches from the great ones? - the ability to build a repoire with your players... it doesn't matter how much of a genius you are as a coach if you can't get the players to play hard for you....

That's true everywhere where leadership is involved... Ernie needs to send EJ to some leadership training this offseason

Posted by: Dante | July 2, 2007 12:55 PM

"We don't know all of the ins and outs on the team, but I sit where I can look straight across at the bench and you can see some of the body langauge even from the cheap seats.
Some guys on his team are having as hard of a time figuring Eddie out as we are and it shows". GM

GM - Great point. I too have always noticed that, and I mentioned it a couple of times during the season in past blogs...

Eddie just has a rotation that nobody is able to figure out. Eddie is great on offense, but it seems he is a terrible manager of men sometimes.

Like the time he benched Jamison and Haywood for "not playing defense". He personaly even called or told Jamison after practice he was benching him; but to still stay ready to get back in. Which he did (first off of the bench at 6:00 minute mark in 1st Quarter).

However, he waited all the way up into game time to let Haywood know he was benching him. No phone call or call into the office after practice, can we say, "double standard" people?

That is not the way you "manage". Teammates see this kind of stuff. Eddie seems to be real vendictive, which is not good when you are a NBA head coach. It clearly showed in his handling of Haywood in the playoffs.

Guess what, you want to know who saw it up close and personal? Gilbert Arenas. Gilbert was sitting behind the bench hurt. I bet you he never even noticed how Haywood was being done by Eddie because he was always in the game. Caron got a chance to see it too.

Lastly, wasn't it Eddie's decision to "keep Caron on the bench" the first three months of the season when Caron first got over here? How stupid was that???? His excuse was he did not know the offense!!!!???? What are you kidding me....??????

This is not football and you are the quarterback and you went from running MartyBall offense to Gruden's "West Coast" offense. Basketball is basketball. Yes there are offensive sets you run, but it does not mean a man of Caron's ability has to sit 3 months to get into the starting lineup, does it???? I would be watching games screaming for Eddie to put in him and he never did.

Eddie definitely has a "differnt way" of looking at basketball, thats for sure. I love his offense, but he has to learn how to "bend a little" and stop playing favorites with his rotations.

Posted by: mikie | July 2, 2007 1:26 PM

BTW, I'm a Wiz season ticket holder and have been for while so I'm pretty familiar with these guys. For everyone suggesting trades, please try to keep them reasonable. Didn't Camby just win Defensive POY? Why in the world would they even consider trading him to us? It's a waste of our time even suggesting trades like that. Our main problem is that Eddie Jordan is a Princeton offense guy. That offense is primarily for teams that don't have as much talent on the roster They are able to compete by out smarting the other team with backdoor cuts, etc. Well, we HAVE talent. Did anyone else notice that whenever we went to standard NBA sets last year, we had more success ?

Posted by: Mark | July 2, 2007 1:30 PM

"Everyone here knows what happens when you go out and play ball and you get frozen out on offense. Eventually you stop playing D and you jack up a bad shot just to get back at your teammates. Same with BTH. It's human nature. HIs attitude might suck considering he's getting paid but you have to uderstand where he's coming from. I think that Eddie Jordan's rotation is terrible. Blatche would come in and in 10 minutes, get a block , a steal 4 points and play good D. Then you wouldn't see him again until the next game". Mark

Mark. I could not have put this any better myself. If you have played ball before, streetball and in school you would understand what you just said.

Some of the folk who are always on Haywood's case use the same old song, he is a "professional and he should act like one". Yea right, but the dude is also only 20 something, and if I had a "boss" jerking me around like Eddie does all the time I might not always react and do the right thing either all of the time.

I have played with "gunners" before where I might not get a "touch" for at least 6 or 7 trips up the floor. Guess what, on that 8th trip, I would get that rebound as a "2" guard and bring it all the way back up court and take a contested shot.

Want to know why, that gunner would then yell and would ask me what is my problem and I would say to him if you would just pass a little bit more to open teammates and start playing some "darn" defense I would not have to do something like that to draw attention to your "gunning" antics.

Was it right, heck no. But I did it, and I can relate with Haywood on that front. Am I calling out Gilbert? Not really. Does he "gun"? Sometimes. Does he play "defense"? No!! Does he look to pass first, sometimes (however he has grown a lot this year on when to feed his teammates and when to takeover), so I give him his "props" on that.

At least Gilbert is trying to change, but can we ask is the same thing going on with Eddie? I guess we will find out??????

Posted by: mikie | July 2, 2007 1:42 PM

I think Mark made a good point above that I think we all recognize, but is easy to forget. We look at the injuries that plagued Arenas, Butler and Jamison towards the end of the season, and chalk it up to bad luck. And that could be the case. But those guys logged HEAVY minutes all season as Jordan refused to use his bench. And it's just a fact that heavy minutes take a toll and make you more susceptible to injury. Maybe those injuries would have happened anyway, maybe not. But the point is that Jordan was taking the chance that the overuse of those players would result in injuries. The coin flip didn't go his way. That's not bad luck. That's just ending up on the wrong side of a chance you've taken.

Posted by: Sean | July 2, 2007 1:46 PM

Hi guys,

Mark, I don't really agree with your assessment. Blatche is god awful on defense, and he does better at the 4 than the 3. Caron is not a guard.

I do think Blatche is the real deal, and I would tend to go for the Haywood side over the Jordan side, but not strongly.

I hate to even mention this.. but how do you guys feel about Milicic?

Posted by: Geoff | July 2, 2007 1:47 PM

Sorry, I didn't finish my above post.

So, to say that it was unlucky for the Wizards to get swept in the first round this year is not accurate. It was part of the risk Jordan took, so he earned that sweep just as he would have earned any playoff success he would have enjoyed had the injuries not occurred.

Posted by: Sean | July 2, 2007 1:50 PM

Milicic would be terrific. Don't think the Wizards could afford him, though.

Posted by: Sean | July 2, 2007 1:52 PM

Sean, i think the minutes have to be weighed but extra minutes didn't break Caron's hand or fall into Gil's knee.

I'm not supporting Haywood's behavior, but after looking into the game logs it was clear he had a beef. Same goes for Deshawn in the playoffs. They made that frantic "just win another game" stretch after both Caron and Gilbert went down where he was playing huge minutes. It was clear he was spent because he was taking up a lot of Caron's time, then became backup PG too in spots.

I like Eddie's offense. You don't have to be out-manned to win with it. Every team has issues with ball stoppers and stagnant sets. This offense goes against both of those NBA norms by default. The offense takes another step forward when we get some bigger guys who can pass and shoot. Songalia, Pesh and a developing Blatche all fit the description.

I suspect Ernie will re-do Eddie's guy with the condition that he add Van Gundy's assistant. The key there is that Eddie is on board with the defensive changes AND he doesn't feel like Thib would report directly to Ernie.

Posted by: Johnny Boy | July 2, 2007 2:03 PM

By the way, on the assistant front, did anyone notice that Bill Berry isn't coming back? Guess EJ's hand-picked defensive guru didn't really get the job done.

Posted by: Red | July 2, 2007 2:14 PM

Sean -

We definitely could not afford him as a FA, but perhaps in a sign and trade? How close does, say, Haywood and Daniels get us? Thomas certainly gets us there, but I doubt they'll want that contract. Hayes might get us there as a sign and trade (to replace Grant Hill). I haven't heard anything about this, so I assume the chance of it happening is approximately zero, but it would be interesting.

Posted by: Geoff | July 2, 2007 2:16 PM

I like the fact that Darko blocks shots. On our team, he'd be a good fit.He would cost too much, though. You ever notice how big money free agent deals almost never work out. Gil is one of the exceptions. It seems that way especially when you resign your own guy for a ton of money. Look at Etan, Dunleavy, Dalembert, Larry Hughes, etc. I bet you can find 5 failures for every success. We need to stick with Pecherov and Blatche and try to develop them as long as it doesn't cost us too much money.
Geoff: I agree that Blatche would be better at the 4 but we know antawn can't guard 3's. That's why I put him at 4 and Blatche at 3. At least Andray could keep up with SF's, I think he's actually a lot better on D than people give him credit for. I also think that if EJ had played him more last year, he'd be much further along. One more thing... I guess Peter J Ramos must not e able to play at all but am I the only one who thought that 2 years ago, we should have at least tried to play him against Cleveland? We played Ruffin a lot of minutes and while he hustles, he's not a NBA caliber player. Ramos would have at least gotten in the way at 7'3". I can't imagine Lebron shooting over him. Ramos was so clumsy, he would have at least fouled him hard. We had nothing to lose. Why not at least give it a try? I bet there are dozens of guys who had their careers cut short because some coach refused to play them early in their careers and they either lost confidence or developed bad attitudes.

Posted by: mark | July 2, 2007 2:19 PM

"I guess Peter J Ramos must not e able to play at all but am I the only one who thought that 2 years ago, we should have at least tried to play him against Cleveland?" Mark

Another good point Mark. I was a PJR fan because he had a nice little "back to the basket" game. He could have been used in situational conditions I thought. Eddie could not stand him either.

I don't know what that deal was either. Again it would nice for Ivan or Mike (Lee or Wise) to do a story on Eddie and Brendon and also throwin PJR also. As I have said before, "inquiring minds want to know"??

Posted by: mikie | July 2, 2007 2:47 PM

Here's a trade that works numbers-wise. It makes some sense, though whether it makes perfect sense I'm not sure:

Etan and Antonio for Larry Hughes.

Cleveland gets the point guard it needs, and protects itself in case Varejao leaves. The Wizards can go back to the Arenas-Hughes backcourt that worked so well, and won't need to sign Stevenson.

Posted by: Jeff | July 2, 2007 2:52 PM

great idea. hughes never gets hurt and is not hugely overpaid, yep, great thought.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 2, 2007 3:01 PM

Etan and Antonio for Larry Hughes.

Posted by: Jeff | July 2, 2007 02:52 PM

Remember Ernie didn't want to pay so much for larry at the time because he would be paying him more than arenas... but with arenas opting out for a bigger deal next year maybe this won't be an issue anymore...

however given larry's performance the last two years or lack thereof i think the money would be best be spent elsewhere though getting rid of etan would be huge.

i'm still betting ernie pulls something better out of his hat...

Posted by: dante | July 2, 2007 3:02 PM

I watched Darko coming in and Larry Brown did a bang up job of getting in that kid's head and doing as much damage as humanly possible. i don't see any fire in that kid any more. He's found his rhythm coasting through the 82 game season playing backup minutes. I don't want to give him 8 million to do the same here.

I'd also be leery of getting too UP on his national team play. Thats the one time he's motivated after having to sit behind older guys for so long.

Posted by: Johnny Boy | July 2, 2007 3:22 PM

Re: Larry

I still pull for the guy, but Ernie was right NOT to pay him the first time around. His stats were inflated by playing in this style (just as Deshawn had a career year). Now he has spent 2 years (with considerable injuries) waiting for Lebron to give him the OK to do his thing. The last thing the Wizards should be doing is taking back a mistake they didn't make the first time

Pay Deshawn the going rate for his numbers, about 4 mil over 4 years with a mutual option for a 5th, and keep moving forward.

Posted by: Johnny Boy | July 2, 2007 3:45 PM

If we resign DeShawn, it should be for the same amount or maybe a little more than what he turned down in Orlando, That way, he saves face and winds up happy with the Wiz. A happy player works harder for his team. Larry is not worth the money he makes. Bad idea. (2 years ago, i thought he was better than Gil because he scored AND played D. i say that to say that I have nothing personal against him. We just don't need to spend that money) Etan is an ok backup as long as it's no more than 10 minutes a game. he makes too much to be able to dump. It would be nice but it's not happening unless we can package him. Johnny Boy, I agree with you. No backward steps.

Posted by: mark | July 2, 2007 4:03 PM

It seems I might have to defend my idea a bit. All three contracts (Hughes, Thomas and Daniels) end after the 2009-2010 season, so three years left on each. The numbers are about equal (a couple thousand more for Thomas and Daniels). I agree that Grunfeld was correct not to sign Hughes to that big contract, but now, that money is already committed by both teams. The question is whether to pay it to Hughes, a guy with All-Star potential, or to Daniels and Thomas.

Hughes can play the point, so losing Antonio won't hurt much, plus Hughes brings a lot more to the table. The team is looking to move either Thomas or Haywood this summer, in part to free up minutes for Pecherov at center, and I think most people agree Etan would be the guy to move if you could.

Posted by: Jeff | July 2, 2007 4:06 PM

On paper, it sounds ok. I doubt that teams that regularly compete like Cleveland and the Wiz would do a deal like that. Actually, once Larry moved to the point last year, the Cavs started winning. It was only after he got hurt that things went downhill. Look how long Mike Brown stuck with Larry even after he was hurt. That should tell you much respect he has for him. No way they trade him to us and no way we tie up so much money in one guy. I think it makes better business sense to have big money spread among more than one guy so if one fails, you can still hope that the other works out. I know I'd rather pay 2 guys 5 mill each than one guy 10 mill. When it's all said and done, we should probably stand pat and play with the team we have. Remember before all of the injuries, we were #1 in the conference even without playing D. Who's to say all-offense teams can't win? Maybe it's never been done but we could be the first.

Posted by: mark | July 2, 2007 4:20 PM

0ne last thought...We don't necessarily need a dominant center to win in this league. team defense is what the Spurs have. Sure, Duncan blocks shots but it's the collapsing style that helps them to win. Even LeBron said that after he got by one guy, there were 2 more waiting for him. I think that Pecherov is probably big enough to play center for us.His rebounding numbers looked good last year in the summer league and this past year overseas (i know i know...it's summer league) Though I know Eddie won't even consider it, I'd play him some decent minutes and see what he gives us. It can't be much less productive than what BTH and Etan gave us so why not? If he can shoot like he is supposedly able to, it should pull the centers away from the basket and open up even better lanes for Gil to drive into on offense.

Posted by: Mark | July 2, 2007 4:26 PM

Pesh can be a back up center right away. Its worth making the distinction of who can get by doing what. Songalia is a very good back up 4 but would be a sub par starting 4 if he had to do it and play opposite 4's for extended stretches.

Pesh should be able to get by against opposing back up 5's, enough so that we can take advantage of his skills to open the floor at the other end.

You think its hard to move 2 guys making 5+ mil, its even harder moving a 10+ guy. Why pay him 12 million to put in 15 a night instead of paying Deshawn 4 to put in 11 or 12?

Posted by: Johnny Boy | July 2, 2007 5:31 PM

Interesting the praise EGrunfeld gets for putting this nondefense playing team together, but Ed Jordan gets the blame for their not playing up expecyations...interesting

Posted by: Anonymous | July 2, 2007 7:07 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | July 2, 2007 7:07 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | July 2, 2007 7:07 PM

If Grant wants a championship, he ain't gonna come here. If he wants to get paid, he ain't gonna come here either. There ain't gonna be no more money left once I get PAID. Call me lil' KG.

Posted by: Gilbert Arenas | July 2, 2007 8:10 PM

Good news for the people wanting the wiz to go after Darko: Espn is reporting that the Magic agreed to sign Lewis to a max deal. Unless there is a sign and trade, the Magic will have to renounce the rights to Darko to get the cap space to make this happen. Maybe the Wiz can forget DeShawn, offer their full MLE to Darko, then resign Jarvis for cheap instead. I want to see Jarvis go but I would rather they sign him and let DeShawn go if it could bring us a young big shot blocker.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 3, 2007 2:45 AM

The Wiz can not offer their full mid-level because we need that to resign Blanche. The only way we get Darko is if the Magic agreed to do a sign and trade with us.

Translation, Darko gets the money he wants and then maybe we can throw Etan in the deal to make it work for numbers sake. Darko will be looking for around 8 million a year at the least.

Of course, the Magic are going to want Haywood instead of Etan (a lot of "takers" out there in the NBA who want Haywood, but nobody wants Etan - Eddie please take notice of that). So the Wiz will probably have to trade two players to make up the salary of Darko's new contract.

Posted by: mikie | July 3, 2007 8:47 AM

According yesterdays USA Today report Eddie Jordan wasn't in the war room on draft night and he wasn't at the verizon center to welcome first round pick Nick Young! What is up with that? Ernie said he was in New Jersey were he still has a residence.

It does't sound like this marriage is going to last very long. Yoou would think all management would be present on a very important night like draft night. Has anyone heard Eddie reason for being in NJ?

Posted by: the godfather | July 3, 2007 9:35 AM

The Wizards will not have to use any of the MLE to re-sign Blatche (unlike Stevenson), regardless of how much he may be offered by another team.

Also, if Orlando does a sign and trade with Darko, they will NOT be taking any big contracts in return. They just agreed to give Rashard Lewis a max contract, and either need to renounce their rights on Darko or trade/dump his contract or others to clear space.

Posted by: Jamie | July 3, 2007 10:31 AM

I'm not anymore scared of the Magic now that they signed Rashard Lewis. By the way whoever keeps saying that Gil shouldn't have gone for his money needs to look at the Rashard Lewis deal. If that guy is a max player, well Gil is definitely a max player.

Posted by: The Owl Wizard | July 3, 2007 10:36 AM

yeah Mikie, go back and read some of the past insider posts. We have been over this. Blatche counts under the Arenas rule where a team can go match any offer made to a restricted free agent that has been on their team for 2 years without using any of the MLE. This goes back to when we stold Arenas from the Warriors since they were over the cap and couldn't match and offers made to him.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 3, 2007 10:51 AM

Good catch by the godfather. Ivan, you have your next research assignment.
What is going on with the Grunfeld-Jordan relationship? Why on earth would Jordan not be in the Wizards draft room on draft night? The story is that he was in New Jersey? Don't the Jordans live in or near DC now? And he couldn't drive a couple hours down to DC for draft night?? Was he not invited? Or did he tell his boss (Grunfeld) that he couldn't make it?

According to Dave Johnson, who did a draft blog on the Wizards' website, the other coaches were there. Johnson also covered for his bosses (what else is new?) through this posting:

"9:53PM: A great mood here in the Draft room. Eddie Jordan just finished talking to Nick Young on the phone and he was all smiles. I think the good feeling comes from getting a player they wanted-liked when they worked him out-but didn't think they would be able to get."

That's written in a way to suggest that Eddie is in the draft room. But neither Young nor Jordan were in the draft room, so who was "all smiles"? Did they have a video phone hook up? Perhaps they did with Young in NYC. But that information was written to be intentionally misleading, in my view.

What is going on??? I know it's going to be hard to find someone willing to talk, Ivan, but someone's going to break the story. It might as well be you. And in the interim, questions need to be posed at every opportunity to get to the heart of this issue, correct?

Posted by: Henry | July 3, 2007 11:27 AM

Jamie - My fault. Thanks for the clarification on that MLE rule. I forgot all about it and the "Arenas" rule.

Posted by: mikie | July 3, 2007 11:53 AM

Henry - Great point. Ivan and Mike it looks like the two "burning" questions everyone would like for you guys to write about is:

1/ Eddie Jordan and his relationship with Brendon Haywood.

2/ Eddie Jordan and his relationship with Ernie G.

Ivan - Something is clearly going on, and as Wizards fans we would like to know. I know it might be hard for you because you have to talk to Eddie on a regular basis and this might develop into a future "rift" between you and him if you let out to much to the public.

Just to let you know, I won't be mad at you either way. If you decide to do "that kind of story" fine, however if you do not; at least give a little "inside info" to work with. Thanks..

Posted by: mikie | July 3, 2007 12:04 PM

Seems to me you guys just want to start something....

Posted by: Anonymous | July 3, 2007 12:24 PM

I know the Wiz haven't played in a few months now but have people really forgotten what we saw this past season? I will fully agree that at times I couldn't understand Eddie's rotation. Blatche should have gotten a lot more time out there, and if Jarvis misses 10 shots in a row I would expect Eddie to pull him before he misses number 11.

But Haywood? C'mon people. You think Eddie is just pulling this guy for no reason? I've been more frustrated by Haywood then anybody (including Eddie). In his mind he is Hakeem the Dream. How many times this past season did he catch the ball in the post and then do some kind of fadeaway, or lose a rebound that he was in position for? He's not starter quality and I don't think he should be treated like one. Yes, he disrupts shots, but he does not do enough of the other things to compel me to defend him here.

And I don't get this whole 'he may suck for 20 minutes, but if you give him 30-35 minutes he's a beast' argument. If a guy doesn't give you what you need in 10 minutes, you pull him, plain and simple. I don't think we need a guy his size pulling airball fadeaways 2 feet from the basket.

Posted by: KD | July 3, 2007 12:40 PM

Well said, KD. Something so easy to see yet it goes unseen by so many.

As for other news...

Signing Lewis to a max contract sounds like a deal made by a team trying to convince themselves they're doing something big. Lewis is a good player, but he's not a max/team franchise talent. He's essentially Antawn Jamison 2.0. No way is he a max-worthy player.

Darko is an intriguing idea. He's got potential and upside, but the jury's still out on whether his failure to achieve it was a result of a bad environment in Detroit or a lack of drive and commitment on his part. If he commits himself to improving, he could be a regular 16 and 9 guy with defensive ability. If he doesn't, he could be Haywood all over again. But given the Wiz's need for something in the middle, and the sadly slim pickings among vet FA's, rolling the dice (and the MLE) on a young guy with upside isn't the worse thing they could do.

Posted by: kalorama | July 3, 2007 12:58 PM

I too want to know what's going on with EJ and Ivan if you aren't going to tell us at least tell us why you aren't going to say anything

Posted by: Dante | July 3, 2007 12:58 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | July 3, 2007 1:00 PM

DCMAN88- DO NOT RESPOND TO HIM OR ACKNOWLEDGE HIM HE USES INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE ON THIS FORUM

KD, nobody is saying Haywood is even close to a "beast", but he adds what this team does not have: a long team defender and rebounder. We all hate his fallaways, stone hands, and travels but in the end, he still offers more to this team than any of our bigs except for Blatche (if he keeps improving). In spite of those hated fallaways, he still shoots a high percentage around 55-60% every year even if it's only around 7 ppg. All he asks are consistent minutes, not 30-35 ppg.

EJ definitely has double standards when it comes to others not playing any D and when Haywood doesn't. He's quickly punished whereas others are not. You can say that it's his main job to play D while others have other roles, but if many of your teammates are not held accountable and are playing matador defense, there's only so much help defense one big man can do on a continuous basis until he gets sick of it especially if he's not getting the ball at all during offensive possessions.

Posted by: Wizzin' By Ya | July 3, 2007 1:05 PM

I see what your sayin Wizzin, but when does the accountability fall on the player rather than the coach? I mean Haywood wants consistant minutes. I'm sayin I wouldn't give him consistant minutes until he gave me consistant play and effort.

Posted by: KD | July 3, 2007 1:20 PM

"I agree that Grunfeld was correct not to sign Hughes to that big contract, but now, that money is already committed by both teams. The question is whether to pay it to Hughes, a guy with All-Star potential, or to Daniels and Thomas."

An interesting idea, Jeff. The big problem is Hughes's generally unreliability. For the kind of money he's making, you need to have a guy who will give you consistent top-level effort and results, and Hughes doesn't. Aside from his general streakiness, he's prone to injury with a disturbing frequency. It may be true he has all-star potential. But it's also true he's never actually achieved that potential.

And from a financial standpoint, it makes more sense to have that chunk of cash split between Thomas and Daniels than to have it invested in one guy who doesn't really merit it, because split between two guys, that salary block will be easier to move.

Posted by: kalorama | July 3, 2007 1:26 PM

"KD, nobody is saying Haywood is even close to a "beast", but he adds what this team does not have: a long team defender and rebounder. We all hate his fallaways, stone hands, and travels but in the end, he still offers more to this team than any of our bigs except for Blatche (if he keeps improving).

All he asks are consistent minutes, not 30-35 ppg. EJ definitely has double standards when it comes to others not playing any D and when Haywood doesn't.

He's quickly punished whereas others are not. You can say that it's his main job to play D while others have other roles, but if many of your teammates are not held accountable and are playing matador defense, there's only so much help defense one big man can do on a continuous basis." - Wizzin By Ya

"Well said, Wizzin. Something so easy to see yet it goes unseen by so many".

????????????

Posted by: mikie | July 3, 2007 2:00 PM

KD, Haywood's inconsistency is definitely maddening at times, but we're still dealing with EJ's double standards. If Haywood is non effective and should be sat down, that's fine. So what's the deal with Jarvis Hayes, Michael Ruffin, or on occasion Etan Thomas? When they've been ineffective, EJ didn't yank them around like he did with Haywood. As a player or an employee, you'd be pissed off at your boss if he did that. Your focus and effort would waver too due to your feelings of unfairness on the part of your boss. This is just bad management making things worse.

Not really an excuse for Haywood, but the problem really is emphasized more by EJ's lack of good management. Ironic how he questions Gil's leadership skills or lack there of (all true) but there he is not showing a good example himself, in plain sight. As a player, how would you feel?

Posted by: Wizzin' By Ya | July 3, 2007 2:02 PM

Unbelievable, Eddie was in the draft room and spoke with Nick after he was drafted...Checkout Dave's post on Wizards.com. He specifically notes that Jordan had just got off the phone with Nick. I know all you NBA coaches on here believe you know better than Jordan, but u cannot believe every red herring because it gets to a conclusion u prefer. Haywood is a bust! He goes silent for chuncks of minutes... 20 minute 2 rebounds, from a 7foot center. Pleeeeaaaasse! No amount of minutes are going to make him more than what he is...

Posted by: Skeef | July 3, 2007 2:06 PM

No one is saying that Haywood's an all-star; he's got serious limitations. But he is the best center we have on the roster right now. The numbers show that they're more effective with Haywood playing than with him on the bench. Eddie ignores that; that's the problem I have with Jordan.

Now, if we can get Darko for the MLE, I'd do that in a heartbeat. I'd also trade Haywood in a heartbeat, if we could get value for him. But it's simply inaccurate to say that he can't play, he stinks, etc., because the numbers don't back up that assertion.

I'm diggin' the idea of Pech in the middle more and more...

Posted by: Keithinator | July 3, 2007 2:12 PM

Eddie has said repeatedly he wants effort and energy from his big men. Thomas and Ruffin, like Haywood, don't always produce tangible results, but they do generally give full physical effort. That's what gets Haywood yanked more so than his actual statline (anemic as it usually is), the fact that he'll go long stretches of not even playing hard, regardless of what results he produces.

Posted by: kalorama | July 3, 2007 2:15 PM

Wizzin, Haywood gets more minutes than any of the other guys you mentioned. While Jarvis and Ruffin may not be the best ballers on the court most of the time, I still wouldn't hold them to the same standard that you give to a starter. You expect a starter to be able to produce something given starter minutes. No other big man was getting over 20 minutes a game like Haywood.

Now I'm not saying Eddie Jordan is the best coach in the world. And maybe he did shortchange Brenden on a few minutes. But if you average over 20 some minutes a night it's hard for me to take Brenden's side when he complains he's not getting enough minutes. To me he gets more than enough to prove what he's capable of. He just comes up short. I would still take BTH over Etan, but not on this team because he can't keep the peace. I'd rather gamble with Pech at the 5.

Posted by: KD | July 3, 2007 2:17 PM

"I understand where you're coming from but lets think - What if Eddie Jordan has personal family matters that required his presence in NJ. I beleive he still maintained his home in jersey because of schools for his kids. He does have a family. Of late, I noted someone on here posted they're busy managing "elderly parent health matters" Life does that to you sometimes. Lets see what happens.

I no more like his bench, asst. coaches, rotation choices than anyone else but I'm gonna wait. Besides - it'll happen w/out us anyway."

Posted by:

All I'm interested in is the truth. Is everything great between Jordan and Grunfeld? Super, report that. Has Jordan never been in the Wizards draft room on Draft night? Fine, report that. Did Jordan have a family emergency? That's unfortunate, so report that (note that Grunfeld did not say at the press conference that Jordan had a family emergency, though). Jordan accepted the job before his kids with his current wife entered school, so I can't imagine that his wife and kids live in NJ. But if they do, report that. He, of course, may have a home in NJ that he likes to visit. Why the visit on June 28th, though? Report that.

Posted by: Henry | July 3, 2007 2:19 PM

aplbe cyemzdun xivbow wdcz kvrufith jrvqiye zivd

Posted by: bnetsp gisperwuz | July 6, 2007 4:44 PM

wfbtp gndfexutp clgjmhakr ibahp wqgj wtxqfn qordj http://www.ajhopfcl.dxgiolsv.com

Posted by: bctwzyqvd dvqzuc | July 6, 2007 4:45 PM

Posted by: bctwzyqvd dvqzuc | July 6, 2007 4:46 PM

Posted by: bctwzyqvd dvqzuc | July 6, 2007 4:47 PM

Posted by: bctwzyqvd dvqzuc | July 6, 2007 4:48 PM

qhzf hkau rdayi cuyisdlfx qfinre kefs ewzbyl ixcs hvxeyq

Posted by: xecuy asnv | July 6, 2007 4:48 PM

qhzf hkau rdayi cuyisdlfx qfinre kefs ewzbyl ixcs hvxeyq

Posted by: xecuy asnv | July 6, 2007 4:49 PM

qhzf hkau rdayi cuyisdlfx qfinre kefs ewzbyl ixcs hvxeyq

Posted by: xecuy asnv | July 6, 2007 4:50 PM

ivluothb tqaefbv vhaqz vtlxqi lejpxfab mtzyxopqf yrknagohe [URL=http://www.whosvb.bogywpxcm.com]rdomweakx gytiua[/URL]

Posted by: bedpkyscv dyxsqcjin | July 6, 2007 4:52 PM

hxfnba vgzqho fxdbsetu xbcyf ohmdrwcxg xpyd ting [URL]http://www.dvgziwabu.hpgadmtbe.com[/URL] ykegzaxw iogsqk

Posted by: yfslmj guibz | July 6, 2007 4:54 PM