Predictions

My prediction on the series will run in tomorrow's paper along with an in-depth preview. Here are key factors I took into consideration when making my pick (which was very difficult. I went back and forth several times):

-Gilbert Arenas only played five games at the end of the season and isn't his old self but he looked very good in that Philly game and is amped up for a big series. On top of that, the Cavs don't have a player consistently capable of staying in front of him in my opinion.

-LeBron is unstoppable. For anyone. And now he's plenty motivated given DeShawn Stevenson's string of commentary. Also, you can't touch him and he's allowed an extra step or two in key situations. Tough to stop that.

-This Wiz team is deeper than the 2006 version with a much better bench. The Cavs, meanwhile, are not as good as they were last year and the absence of Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden will be felt in this series.

-Caron Butler is not the player he was earlier in the season. In his own words, he's "banged up." The good news is that the games are strung out so he should be able to get his legs.

-The Cavs were average after the big trade but have been much better at home and Games 1 and 2 are at the Q.

Potential X-factors:

For Cleveland, it's Wally Szczerbiak. He hasn't shot it well since the trade but the guy thinks it's going in every single time and he's capable of taking a game over with LeBron's ability to drawn extra defenders and kick the ball out.

For the Wizards, it's Roger Mason Jr. If he can consistently stick the open J and play the kind of solid all-around floor game he's played much of the season, he can swing this series and make himself a ton of money in the process. I still think that he's the kind of guy who will get shots because the other team will want to see him make a few before reacting.

So, what's your prediction?

By Ivan Carter  |  April 18, 2008; 6:45 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Butler back
Next: Game 1

Comments

Wiz in 6

Posted by: TP | April 18, 2008 7:10 PM | Report abuse

So what's your pick Ivan? Or do we have to wait until tomorrow to read it in the paper?

Posted by: Aaron | April 18, 2008 7:10 PM | Report abuse

Wiz in 3. The Cavs forfeit after losing the first three by a combined 149 points.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 18, 2008 7:22 PM | Report abuse

Wiz in 5. We get the first one then they get the second out of desperation and then they are done!

I was saying last year we had a better nucleus of players than them even as they were in the finals (if only we were healthy!). And now we will prove it! One against Three and a much deeper overall team should not be a contest!

The whole Barkley/motivation thing is so overrated. You think LeBron was going to sleep his way through the PLAYOFFS. The only player I've ever seen who you really did not want to piss off was MJ. Anybody else? Who cares!

Posted by: Rob P | April 18, 2008 7:23 PM | Report abuse

The Wiz in 6. I say 6 because we shun prosperity. We'll find a creative way to lose at least 1 game, but show our resiliency and win the next game. But, so will they. Alot of give and take in this one.

Posted by: Janitor | April 18, 2008 7:24 PM | Report abuse

This is the best chance for the Wiz to finally knock them off. The Cavs have all but admitted they are lost and need some directions. The Wiz are more in sync as a team so they should win this series. But that does not mean they will win it. This is tough to predict because the Wiz are notorious for letting teams hang around and the Cavs may be even worse after making that big trade. The Wiz will win the series as long as it does not get to a seventh game.

Posted by: low | April 18, 2008 7:43 PM | Report abuse

Wizards in 6, but they can't let Gibson, Szczerbiak and Damon Jones get into a rhythm shooting the 3. Stick a hand in their face and it won't go in. Do that consistently and maybe it will go quicker.

To reiterate a comment I had on the last post.

Surprisingly on his podcast, Bill Simmons picked the Wizards and said that the Celtics definitely doesn't want to see the Wizards. Surprised me to hear him say that. Quite a turn around for Simmons and the infamous boob Hollinger. Although Simmons then says Celtics in 6, in round two. We shall see.

Posted by: George Templeton | April 18, 2008 7:53 PM | Report abuse

Game 1 a blowout for us. Game 2 a blowout for them. Then we come home and win 2 tight ones breaking their will. We close it out in either game 5 or 6.

James will have a 50plus game. But his supporting task will be miserable.

Bring it on!!!

Posted by: BmoreRev | April 18, 2008 7:59 PM | Report abuse

Jamison should get plenty of 20-10's this series. Gilbert should average more than 15 points a game, ideally (wouldn't complain if he dropped 20+, but he's not starting). Butler is a triple double threat (when healthy), so he should be a stat maniac.

But all of these are merely SHOULDS and do not reflect the potential for things to go very, very bad. Stay on the edge of your seats, people. Lebron is a gamebreaker, and with only a little support he could easily roll us (unless he really is injured).

Wiz in 7

Posted by: Crunkenstein | April 18, 2008 8:16 PM | Report abuse

I like the Wizard's better defense to really be a factor. It's better fundamentally than we've had anytime recently, and if you add in playoff intensity, I think the Wiz could have a couple games where they hold CLE under 85. I also agree with the other poster--nevermind the trashtalk, it's not like James wasn't motivated already. If anything, it might make him out of control, taking bad shots and trying to do too much. Be ready to take charges! I know he gets calls, but sooner or later that's gotta catch up and refs will start balancing it a little more. Wiz in 6, maybe 5. Definitely don't see 7.

Posted by: Andrew | April 18, 2008 8:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Andrew | April 18, 2008 8:32 PM | Report abuse

The Wizards will take one of the first two games - both will be close.

Washington will win both their games at home - then take the series in game 5 on Cleveland's home court - with Arenas hitting the game winner.

LeBron will average 40, 6 and 7, Ilgauskas will average 15 and 9, and the rest of the Cavs will stink up the place.

The Cavs will have no answer for Roger Mason, who will "go off" in one of the home games to help the Wiz win.

Arenas will be more of a distributor, scoring average around 14, but most of his points coming in the 4th quarters of games; but assists will be around 7 per game.

Jamison will be a steady 20 and 10 all series.

Caron will still be hurting the first couple of games, but will show strong in two solid Wizards wins at home; and again when they close it out in Cleveland in Game 5.

Posted by: Rook | April 18, 2008 8:43 PM | Report abuse

I think the Wiz are going to take it but I also Deshawn and Gil had kept their motivations to themselves and just took it out on the court. Then afterward expressed why they played with extra intensity. I believe their talking may have made it a little harder for them. Never the less, all of the Wiz are extremely motivated considering how things went in the last two series and I think it is their time.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 18, 2008 8:48 PM | Report abuse

Wiz in FIVE. That's right. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wiz win those first two games at the Q.

Posted by: se7en | April 18, 2008 9:13 PM | Report abuse

I like our team. We got alot of versatility, and I like the way we matchup against the Cavs. I do wish we had Etan, just for the added big man depth, and one guy that could cause some problems for us is Big Ben, and Etan could have been a good matchup on him opposed to Haywood or Blatche.

But I like Haywood on BigZ, Blatche matches up on Varejo. Pavlovic is out which is great because he kills us. We can hit LeBron with Deshawn, Caron, and maybe stick McGuire on him for another fresh defender. Jamison is a tough matchup for them. Gooden used to match up on him pretty well, and killed us on the boards but he's gone now. We got alot of fire power off the bench with Arenas, Mason, and Young if needed.

Daniels and Songaila are smart vets off the bench that provide solid dependable play when we need it.

I think the Cavs will have a real hard time keeping up with our ability to score. If we get strong inside physical play from Haywood, Darius, Blatche, Jamison and Caron, and we come out fighting with the mindset to be physical and really into their team defense they will win.

I predict Wizards in 6.

Posted by: Darnell | April 18, 2008 9:25 PM | Report abuse

I see the Wiz taking this in 6 games. I believe they take game 2 in Cleveland and then hold home court. But if this goes to 7, I sort of like Cleveland with LeBron walking away with it (and I do mean walking!), showing he's not all that over-rated.

But truly, if the Wizards can't take Cleveland right now, they really have to take a look in the mirror. They should walk away with this.

Posted by: sfam | April 18, 2008 9:30 PM | Report abuse

If they win game 1, Wizards in 5 Games.
If they lose game 1, Wizards in 6.

Posted by: Bart | April 18, 2008 9:47 PM | Report abuse

Wizards in 6. If we don't win this series, this team will be blown up and I don't think Gil comes back next season. I seriously think we'll win though so it shouldn't matter.

Posted by: Adam | April 18, 2008 9:47 PM | Report abuse

Can someone please tell me why you all are so confident? I don't feel that way at all. Too much trash talk = JINX.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 18, 2008 10:07 PM | Report abuse

Wiz in 6.

I think Mason has earned himself a decent contract too. At the end of last season, I thought he would be out of the league in a few years, but he's proven this season that he can shoot the ball and he got better as the season went on. My guess is a 3 yr, 10 million contract. I'm not sure if he's worth more than that. I would say anywhere between 3-4 mill a year. He's what Jarvis Hayes never was as a Wizard.

Posted by: disremembered | April 18, 2008 10:16 PM | Report abuse

As we all know, the Wiz have three multi-year all-stars, two decent roll-players who focus on D, two additional sharp-shooters at guard, and two solid big men on the bench.

The expectation should be for the Wiz to win this series. The coaching staff has some challenges to address in confronting the Cavs (particularly, easy baskets by LBJ, offensive rebounding), but they have more weapons at their disposal.

On our side of the ball, the biggest strategic decision is how much to use Butler in the first two games.

Remember what Wise said to start the season. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/30/AR2007103002091.html

Posted by: Izman | April 18, 2008 10:35 PM | Report abuse

bottom line: we have to take one at cleveland in the first six games, and own the home court. the league won't let us win in game 7 in cleveland.

wiz in six. we win game 1, and win 3 and 4, closing out game 6 at home. cleveland can't deal with gilbert. haywood owns ilgauskas. wally can't be left on the floor defensively. lebron goes off and gets at least two wins on the basis of BS ref calls, but we pull it out.

cj

Posted by: charles jones | April 18, 2008 10:49 PM | Report abuse

When Caron Butler talks about how banged up he is, watch out. Just the sort of thing he wants people to talk about. Granted, he hasn't been as aggressive the past few games, but the rest should do him good.

Please, please Wizards.. don't start relying on outside shots. Points in the paint!!

Posted by: satch | April 18, 2008 11:09 PM | Report abuse

Wiz in 9 games. We are just too good to overcome this and be the team we are destined to be and will be.

Posted by: Lisa | April 18, 2008 11:33 PM | Report abuse

"Wiz in 6"

Ditto.

Lebron gets every call in the world, which should count for to games to the Cavs.

Arenas has an awesome series, even from the bench, because Hughes is not guarding him.

Caron will be just fine as will the rest of the Wiz.

I hope someone plants James into the floorboards(again).

Good luck Wiz!

- Ray

Posted by: Ray | April 18, 2008 11:40 PM | Report abuse

The Wizards have to hit the offensive glass hard, so that LeBron can't get out in transition, which is where he really kills you. In the halfcourt, they have to stay in front of him on the perimeter, force him left, and make him settle for jump shots late in the possession. That's easier said than done, obviously, but I like the Stevenson-LBJ matchup better than Jeffries-LBJ. DS gives up some size, but he's so strong and quick that he makes up for it. If he's able to keep LBJ in the 20s or low 30s, I think the Wiz have the edge because Haywood will neutralize Z and the other matchups are lopsided in the Wizards' favor. Gil could be the real difference maker, because without Larry Hughes, they don't really have anybody who can cover him. That advantage is going to be accentuated even more because he'll be out there a lot of the time against their reserves.
All that said, unless LeBron's back is bothering him a lot, I think this is going to be a very hard-fought series. I'll say Wizards in 7.

Posted by: John Brisker | April 18, 2008 11:43 PM | Report abuse

err "two" games to the Cavs even. ;)

- Ray

Posted by: Ray | April 18, 2008 11:45 PM | Report abuse

After further thought, the curse of Les BouleS continues with Gilby being Gilby. I see a close series with Gilby missing a 3-pointer in the final possession when a 2 would have tied it to lose one of the games. I can also see a repeat of the choke at the ft line for another loss. Wiz get blown out in one of the first three games as well. Finally a hard fought battle to win game four to prevent the sweep. Cavs wrap it up in five on their floor.

This series will prove its time for change. This team can't go far with its current roster.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 18, 2008 11:47 PM | Report abuse

Peeps keep saying we are going to beat the Cavs easily. The Cavs beat us with an NBDL squad. The Cavs always seem to match-up well with us just like we match-up well with the Celts. The Cavs barley got by Miami, but coach Brown always seems to have EJ's number.

Posted by: mark | April 18, 2008 11:49 PM | Report abuse

If: Gilbert looks to average 6 to 8 assists in his twenty-five minutes;
Caron continues his pursuit of triple doubles;
Antawn plays his regular game and makes his free throws again;
Brendan totally enrages Ilgauskas at least twice;
DeShawn proves that unstoppable is pretty extreme vocabulary;
Antonio gets to the hoop two to three times per game;
Darius and Roger continue their two-man show;
Andray mans up;
Dominic gets minutes in all games; and
LeBron hits the floor early in each of the first two games;
then: Wizards in six.
I agree, if it goes seven, it's lost.

Posted by: Bill Carr | April 18, 2008 11:57 PM | Report abuse

The Cavs will sweep in 5 games.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 12:17 AM | Report abuse

The Cavs will sweep in 7 games.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 12:25 AM | Report abuse

Cavs will sweep in 3 games.

Posted by: Confucius | April 19, 2008 12:30 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 18, 2008 11:47 PM

Then why bother posting here you d-bag?

Posted by: Adam | April 19, 2008 12:31 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 18, 2008 11:47 PM

Then why bother posting here you d-bag?

Posted by: Adam | April 19, 2008 12:31 AM | Report abuse

I predict the Wiz will win in the finals against the Denver Nuggets.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 12:37 AM | Report abuse

I think the Hawks will beat the Spurs in the finals.

Posted by: Adam | April 19, 2008 12:41 AM | Report abuse

Predictions

Potential X-factors:

So, what's your prediction?

By Ivan Carter | April 18, 2008; 6:45 PM ET
Previous: Butler back |

CommentsPlease email us to report offensive comments.

Wiz in 6

Posted by: TP | April 18, 2008 7:10 PM

Posted by: Aaron | April 18, 2008 7:10 PM

Posted by: | April 18, 2008 7:22 PM

Posted by: Rob P | April 18, 2008 7:23 PM

Posted by: Janitor | April 18, 2008 7:24 PM

Posted by: low | April 18, 2008 7:43 PM

To reiterate a comment I had on the last post.

Posted by: George Templeton | April 18, 2008 7:53 PM

James will have a 50plus game. But his supporting task will be miserable.

Bring it on!!!

Posted by: BmoreRev | April 18, 2008 7:59 PM

Wiz in 7

Posted by: Crunkenstein | April 18, 2008 8:16 PM

Posted by: Andrew | April 18, 2008 8:32 PM

Posted by: Andrew | April 18, 2008 8:32 PM

The Wizards will take one of the first two games - both will be close.

Jamison will be a steady 20 and 10 all series.

Posted by: Rook | April 18, 2008 8:43 PM

Posted by: | April 18, 2008 8:48 PM

Posted by: se7en | April 18, 2008 9:13 PM

I predict Wizards in 6.

Posted by: Darnell | April 18, 2008 9:25 PM

Posted by: sfam | April 18, 2008 9:30 PM

If they win game 1, Wizards in 5 Games.
If they lose game 1, Wizards in 6.

Posted by: Bart | April 18, 2008 9:47 PM

Posted by: Adam | April 18, 2008 9:47 PM

Posted by: | April 18, 2008 10:07 PM

Wiz in 6.

Posted by: disremembered | April 18, 2008 10:16 PM

Posted by: Izman | April 18, 2008 10:35 PM

cj

Posted by: charles jones | April 18, 2008 10:49 PM

Posted by: satch | April 18, 2008 11:09 PM

Posted by: Lisa | April 18, 2008 11:33 PM

"Wiz in 6"

Ditto.

Caron will be just fine as will the rest of the Wiz.

I hope someone plants James into the floorboards(again).

Good luck Wiz!

- Ray

Posted by: Ray | April 18, 2008 11:40 PM

Posted by: John Brisker | April 18, 2008 11:43 PM

err "two" games to the Cavs even. ;)

- Ray

Posted by: Ray | April 18, 2008 11:45 PM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 18, 2008 11:47 PM

I did not write that.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 12:50 AM | Report abuse

I did not write that.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 12:52 AM | Report abuse

I did not write that.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 12:52 AM

I did not write that.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 12:52 AM | Report abuse

I predict the Wiz will win in the finals against the Denver Nuggets.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 12:37 AM

That was not me.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 12:53 AM | Report abuse

I predict the Wiz will win in the finals against the Denver Nuggets.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 12:37 AM

That was not me.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 12:53 AM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 12:54 AM | Report abuse

I think Cavs Sweep

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 12:56 AM | Report abuse

I think the Wiz Sweep

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 12:57 AM | Report abuse

I think Gilby is Hot!!!

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 12:58 AM | Report abuse

I think I'm confused?

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 1:01 AM | Report abuse

thats a good sign but i think its good him and gil took a week off thats good for them

Posted by: brandon | April 17, 2008 7:10 PM

thats good news for us its good him and gil took a week off

Posted by: brandon | April 17, 2008 7:11 PM

uh, this is NOT good news.

Posted by: anon | April 17, 2008 7:13 PM

I think Gil should have played a few minutes the other night.

Posted by: | April 17, 2008 7:13 PM

98-93...Cavs.

Book it.

Posted by: DC Mann88 | April 17, 2008 7:25 PM

I think Gil should have played between 3 minutes 11 seconds and 3 minutes 48 seconds last night. The Wizards will regret their decision to not do so.

Posted by: | April 17, 2008 7:25 PM

espn had some stat today that said that, if the home team wins the 1st game in a 7-game series, the home team has ended up winning the series 86% of the time. i'm sure that percentage isn't as high when you're talking about a 4 vs. 5 matchup, but let's hope the wiz know how critical a game 1 smackdown is.

Posted by: popeyejones is not a goonie | April 17, 2008 7:47 PM

Popeye - tell that to the 2004-05 Wiz.

Posted by: NobodyBeatsTheWiz | April 17, 2008 8:06 PM

It's time to Witness the fall of LeBron at the hands of Deshawn...especially if Eddie J wants to keep his job...

Posted by: CB | April 17, 2008 8:17 PM

Sounds like Tough Juice will numb the knee with adenaline. He must get out there and play or else he knows he could be in danger of losing that nickname.

Posted by: low | April 17, 2008 8:22 PM

I'm a diehard Wiz fan, and post here all the time, but I think they'll get swept.

Posted by: | April 17, 2008 8:25 PM

After getting the Wiz into the play off with injuries all season I don't see why EJ would get fired.

Posted by: B.A.M. | April 17, 2008 8:25 PM

The question for EJ/Ayers is what the defensive scheme will be this Saturday. Are they going to play more zone? Do they think DS is up to the challenge and let him shadow Lebron all night? Or, are they just going to plan man and let a hobbled Caron try to contain Lebron.

I think if EJ wants to gamble and take some risks, he should let DS guard Lebron, but judging by the calls that Lebron gets, and the hype between those two, DS might foul out in the 2nd quarter.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 17, 2008 8:28 PM

Posted by: | April 17, 2008 9:02 PM

this is terrible. I am on the west coast that means I have to watch basketball at 9:30 am come on now....on a saturday.

Posted by: | April 17, 2008 9:02 PM

Posted by: | April 17, 2008 9:02 PM

Who was the programming brainiac that set this opening game for saturday at noon,who in the hell was that moron. LeBron vs.the WIZ should be on Sunday afternoon or later on in the early evening say seven ish or maybe even eight. David Stern always running his mouth about getting the casual fan to look at the NBA,this game is a natural for tnt with all that the fat man(Charles Barkley) has been saying about the Wiz being so dumb,but Saturday when everyone will be out and about other than the fans of these teams,and damn wouldn't you know I've got to work!!!!!!!!!.

Posted by: DARGREGMAG@AOL.COM | April 17, 2008 9:06 PM

Playoffs come with high intensity. The risk of CB and GA each playing more than 25 minutes in the first two games is too high. I wonder if senior management will continue to reign in the coach.

Posted by: Izman | April 17, 2008 9:13 PM

The Washington area sports teams other than the Redskins get no respect. The Capitals are also playing on Saturday at home around the same time. Now THAT'S some fraggenackle bull! And did I hear someone say that Stern wants the casual fan to watch the NBA?!!?? Why in the world would the schedule a game at noon on Saturday??

Posted by: | April 17, 2008 9:31 PM

sorry to hear that dargregmag. Tape it or TiVo it. I agree, I won't be around to watch the game at 9:30am here on the west coast. I guess 12:30 is a bit more reasonable but not quite as good as prime time or late afternoon. I thought the NBA would want to advertise Lebron. Also, this is one of the most hyped games in the first round secondary to the Dsteve Lebron talk.

Posted by: | April 17, 2008 10:11 PM

you think the redskins get respect. How many times were they on National TV last season? If you live in the DC area you got to see them but as a transplanted native I can only see them by paying for NFL season ticket.

Posted by: | April 17, 2008 10:12 PM

DcMan: I have never responded to the provocative comments nor gotten into the ad hominim attacks. But let me ask you, will you actually be unhappy if you the Wiz win game 1 and your "book it" comment doesn't come true.

(and pls, no responses about "don't respond to DCMAN in all caps"). I'm just curious.

Posted by: duk | April 17, 2008 10:58 PM

Let me make my own prediction. 92-97 Wiz. Game 1. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and I"ll acknowledge that. DC Man, You've made your call. man up and say, mea culpa, if you're wrong.

Posted by: duk | April 17, 2008 11:05 PM

"

Posted by: duk | April 17, 2008 10:58 PM "

Let me tell you this.

I feel bad for you that you got mislead. It wasn't me who made that post. I never predict wins or losses using scores pulled out of one's @ss. It would be stupid to come up with a final score for a basketball game.

I don't know how often you read or post here, but the way this blog is set up, anyone can make a post using any name, including yours.

IMHO, I think Les BouleS have a very good shot at beating the Cavs, and should be considered favorites because Les BouleS are peaking at the right time, and have better chemistry on this team compared to the Cavs who have a bunch of new faces and guys coming back from injuries and guys who won't be suiting up (e.g. Sasha).

Lebron would have to elevate his game above what he did last season, and that will be tough given the fact that he's hurt right now.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 17, 2008 11:18 PM

12:30 on a Saturday makes perfect sense for these two teams. Let's face it, neither team is particularly exciting and either one (god forbid, both) is quite capable of putting up a stinker.

Posted by: | April 17, 2008 11:20 PM

not exciting. are you kidding me?

Posted by: | April 17, 2008 11:25 PM

fair enough DCMan. I have read your posts, and you often make good posts. that wqas a bit out of character.

Posted by: duk | April 17, 2008 11:39 PM

Labron...DeShawn...Gilbert...Caron. Enough. Whether the Wiz win or lose, will come down to the play of AJ. If he plays well the Wiz win, if not the Wiz lose. Book it Danno.

Posted by: oddjob | April 17, 2008 11:40 PM

Posted by: duk | April 17, 2008 11:39 PM

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 17, 2008 11:46 PM

Caron is a F'n Soldier, thats what f*** im talkin bout, id take Tough Juice over Bron Bron the spoiled brat ANY day, ALL day!

Posted by: DjB | April 17, 2008 11:49 PM

I'm a die hard Wiz fan and I hate the Wiz. I'm starting to dislike Lebron more and more. But come on, let's keep it real. He is not overrated. No one in their right mind should choose Caron over Lebron.

With that said, I hope Lebron gets injured in the first game and Wiz sweep. That way they will know what the Wiz had to go through last year.

Posted by: Bangladesh | April 17, 2008 11:54 PM

Meant to say I *HATE* the Cavs.

Posted by: Bangladesh | April 17, 2008 11:55 PM

"No problem, my man. I love the way you post and what you bring to the table. That kind of posting might even make Gilby proud.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 17, 2008 11:46 PM "

It's getting nauseating.

Again, I did not make this post above. It's probably that idiot mark.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 18, 2008 12:01 AM

Bang, LeBron is overrated if you consider the attention he gets and how much he makes without the results to go with it. Seriously, he makes almost as much as Tiger for what reason??????????

I'll admit I don't like his a$$. Too cocky and over the top without having really won a damn thing. Jordan did not "go there" until he was stacking up trophies.

Please, if you mention last year I'm going to puke. The worst overall conference perhaps ever. Plus, the Wiz were nothing but injured, NJ was terrible and overrated as usual, and Detroit did not seem into it. Although that was the best team they beat, the Cavs basically got a free ride to the conference finals!!!! What happened when they faced a real team? Yes, a SWEEP in the finals. Thank you!

NOBODY should be called the kind without a championship and as of right now he can't hold MJ's jock!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Rob P | April 18, 2008 12:50 AM

DCMan, what is up with all the bs?

Jesus, have we ever gotten "into it"? No, bc I don't go there even if I don't agree with something you say. You react to attacks and then everyone else gets indignant! Weak!

One question: You want us to win the title right???

Posted by: Rob P | April 18, 2008 12:54 AM

edit - King

Posted by: Rob P | April 18, 2008 12:55 AM

Ayo Bang, i respect ur opinion but honestly i stand by my statement of pickin Caron over Lebrat 10 out of 10 times because Caron has all the character and heart that any teammate would stand behind and fight for and with. The man gives his all for his team and teammates, whether injured or not, it makes no difference to Caron. The man neva had anything just handed to him. I neva once heard him complaining bout what teamates he has OR doesnt have. The man cares more bout the jeresy then the logo. If Caron, Gilbert, and AJ keep healthy then i have no doubt ppl are gonna see how hyped up Lebron is after we beat them. I just cant wait to get it started already!! We got all are pieces in place this time baby!! GO WIZARDS!!

Posted by: DjB | April 18, 2008 2:45 AM

Jamison & Haywood are our only completely healthy starters. Caron, Gilbert, & Deshawn can get out there, but the truth is they are hobbled. Sure, they have the heart of a lion, but physically, they will not be able to withstand the grind of a series.

Side-Show, Big Ben, and Z will control the boards, the lane, and second chance points.
With EJ using a tight 8-9 player rotation consisting mostly of hobbled players, we are going to be in for BIG disappointment.

Posted by: The Truth | April 18, 2008 6:20 AM

RobP, You shouldn't even waste your time, man. Another personal attack on me even though I don't even give the dumb stuff the time of day any more.
Duk, for every decent post, there are 20 ridiculous ones. I tried civility but it's a waste of time. It's just a matter of time before you, Lefty Driesell and Lisa (these all seem to be favorites of ' ') are insulted again.
The boycott continues !!

Posted by: mark | April 18, 2008 6:55 AM

This one series will be a real test not just of the Wizards players, but of the whole Wizards organization (particularly its team-building philosophy and economic model). And, yes, it will even be a test of Wizards fans.

The Wizards are, as they should be, a slight favorite to take the Cavs. They simply have more depth and experience working together.

Now it gets down to those trite words, desire and execution.

If the Wizards can hold their own on the boards at both ends and shut down the 3-point kickouts (i.e. keep Boobie and Damon to around 30%), then Le Bron can get all the calls, travel and score as often as he wants... his team will still lose in 6 games.

Posted by: khrabb | April 18, 2008 7:05 AM

And oh yes, I still want to see a photo of Ivan wearing "the shirt"...

Posted by: khrabb | April 18, 2008 7:06 AM

I think the Cavs will win game 1 (early start time, road game, rusty starters will be too much to overcome) but the Wiz will win the series in 6.

I actually think trash talking LeBron was a great idea. He's got that hero complex and I think now that he's been called out he will try and win the series by himself. Kind of like during the last regular season game between the two teams when Deshawn got into his head.

Posted by: MDBaller1 | April 18, 2008 8:17 AM

I know Caron has alot of heart, but the last thing we need is an ineffective Butler trying to do too much.

Posted by: | April 18, 2008 8:46 AM

Anyone else understand the headlines today Re: "The Wizards are at Full-Strength"????

AD - Wrist injury, recovering
Caron - Knee & ?,
DS - Tailbone

3 of the 5 starters can suit-up and be good soldiers, but we've been consistently giving up at-least 100 points per game. I say a highly-motivated Cavs squad will win comfortably tomorrow.

Posted by: Confused | April 18, 2008 9:22 AM

I agree that game 1 will be a big game because it a win will be a big wake-up to the Cavs. They expect to win 2 games at home. A tone will be set Saturday that they are in for a battle like 2 years ago, not a sweep.

Many of us have agreed that our opinion of coach Jordan has changed over the last year seeing how he has gotten the team to stay afloat. But we will see if EJ can get them to take it up a notch while maintaining their composure. That is a fine line. Gilbert often starts slow on national tv. I think this is mental. Gil needs to come in to a close game and be a feeder...getting into the flow. if needed to takeover down the stretch then fine.

If for some reason we lose then all the questions about EJ will arise again. But if we win, and I really expect to win in 4 or 5, then everybody's eyebrows will be raised and the spotlight of praise will be turned on EJ. Cavs may win game 2.

Obviously I predict a Zards victory tommorrow by about 10-12. Close game will scare me cause the crowd and the zebras do make a difference.

Posted by: BmoreRev | April 18, 2008 9:23 AM

No one in the sports media world is picking the Wiz to win the series.

Posted by: | April 18, 2008 9:48 AM

Before skimming the article I was pretty sure we had a good chance of winning but it seems like Caron still may be a little more injured than what was reported (or he's still in a lot of pain). If so, I'm hoping he doesn't go down in the 1st or second game. Caron, DeShawn, Gil, AD, all still banged up. I agree, Tawn will have to have a good series like last year, for us to win. One thing to consider is the fact that LeBron has come off of recent injuries also. The article just didn't sound very optimistic, that's all. Then I forget about Roger Mason, he may have to be a difference maker as well. Agree with everyone on the early time slot.

Posted by: | April 18, 2008 10:04 AM

Everyone's defeatus attitude on here sickens me, get the f**k out of here. GO WIZARDS!!!!!

Posted by: Burg w/ a U | April 18, 2008 10:08 AM

Both Gil and Deshawn now needs to shut the crap up. I wish they had kept their comments to themselves and just made a pact betweent the players as to what they were going to do and just came out and shocked everyone. That way, since everyone picked them to lose anyway, they could have surprised them all. But now, the onus is on all of the Wiz to back up what the two of them has been spewing. I know one thing, Gil had better bring it and Deshawn had better not disappear like he did last year. Because last year in the playoffs Deshawn was an nonentity. Had he played like he is now playing, we would have taken that series I believe. AJ played out of his mind and kept us in the games but needed help to pull it out. He took the team on his back with little or no help from the bench. I say enough of the talk, the time has now come to put up or shut up!

Posted by: | April 18, 2008 10:15 AM

No one in the sports media world is picking the Wiz to win the series.

Simply not true. Half of the writers at ESPN have the Wiz winning, as does Marty Burns at CNNSi.

it seems like Caron still may be a little more injured than what was reported.

And LeBron has had back trouble over the last couple weeks (or longer, don't remember). The Wiz are healthier than they've been all season. Gil is fresh, if still rusty. Jamison's gotten a week off.

Pavlovic is out for Cleveland, and that helps us. I still see the Wiz in 6. Our Big 3 will get it done -- so will their Big 1, but our team is just better and deeper across the board. Blatche, Mason, Songaila, Young have all been playing well of late. I think Haywood, with his newfound confidence, will outplay Z -- and hopefully Eddie doesn't sit him on the bench all game, like last year.

The Wiz are, plain and simple, better.

Posted by: Keithinator | April 18, 2008 10:17 AM

yes, do not forget about Mason, Songalia (who's played great the past 6 weeks) and AB (who's jumper was getting all net in Orlando the other night). the bench for the Wiz scored 70 points in one game last week. watch a close game turn into a double-digit lead when both teams go to their benches early in the 2nd.

also, there has been mention about who is going to guard GA now that Hughes is gone (no one), but who is going to guard Antawn: Joe Smith? Wallace? Side Show Bob? no. Antawn will have Varejo fouling out in the first half. he is probably more motivated than anyone, having had to face these suckers by himself last year. not this time.

Posted by: Ledell lives | April 18, 2008 10:22 AM

Anon, there are a few guys who expect us to win. Here's the link...

Take a look halfway down the page on the left. Even that boob Hollinger has us winning in 6. Of course, he also had us missing the playoffs this year I believe.

Posted by: mark | April 18, 2008 10:25 AM

"DCMan, what is up with all the bs?

One question: You want us to win the title right???

Posted by: Rob P | April 18, 2008 12:54 AM "

I don't know what is going on with this blog, but it's ridiculous. Nobody can make an honest assessment of Les BouleS of any of the players without getting blasted anonymously or with multiple names from the same person.

I've said it many times already that I think Les BouleS can take the Cavs, and that this playoffs is an opportunity for Gilby to step up and show that he's not a BS/me-only player, but actually takes winning and teamwork seriously.

Of course, nobody believes that Gilby can change because "Gilby being Gilby" will always be the excuse.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 18, 2008 11:05 AM

will the real DC Man please stand up

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 18, 2008 11:07 AM

Can someone take me out to dinner and let me supersize it too?

Posted by: Lisa | April 18, 2008 11:15 AM

Do you look like Chyna the former WWE wrestler? I dig those types of chicks.

Posted by: mark | April 18, 2008 11:16 AM

Barkley trying to back-track from his statements about the Wizards, on Dan Patrick's show right now.

But says that DeShawn and Gilbert's comments will lead to a Cavs series win.

Posted by: Kev | April 18, 2008 11:42 AM

I see Gilby asking EJ to let him start the first game. And if not, then start the first game at VC.

It'll be interesting how the game starts out. Will it be a crazy back and forth race while guys are trying to work out the butterflies.

Now, it seems that the Cavs are the underdogs b/c of their injuries, the last minute trades, the hype, and all other sorts of excuses. It would be crushing if Les BouleS lose, but I don't think they will.

Ben Wallace might be the xfactor for the Cavs, with his experience, and whether or not he can muscle and shut down AJ. Also, Damon Jones and Danny Gibson's ability to hit the 3's will be key too, along with the duel between Big Z and BTH.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 18, 2008 12:13 PM

$7000

Posted by: | April 18, 2008 12:31 PM

Speaking of $7k, I was surprised Gilby wasn't fined for wearing those red shoes last week.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 18, 2008 12:39 PM

Why are you posting on the Wizards board????

"98-93...Cavs.

Book it.

Posted by: DC Mann88"

WHYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????????????????????

Posted by: Frosty Freeze | April 18, 2008 1:05 PM

Has anyone tracked the access to Chipotle, etc., in various NBA towns. I've been giving a lot of thought to Andray's inconsistent play and I think it may come down to a question of "burrito access."

Cleveland is in decline. The trade was a desperate act to make them a better playoff team. They are just older and slower to rotate on defense. The Cavs will put it together for a game, but, as their record since the trade indicates, they aren't a better squad than last year. More experienced, but they drew another experienced team in the first round.

Posted by: WP Sports Desk Intern | April 18, 2008 1:05 PM

I pray the CAVS sweep us so we can get rid of Gilly!

Posted by: Beas | April 18, 2008 1:12 PM

Posted by: LOL | April 18, 2008 1:25 PM

The Cavs barley got by Miami, but coach Brown always seems to have EJ's number.

Posted by: LOL | April 18, 2008 1:25 PM

Maybe it's because both Cavs and Wiz have half court games, with lots of sets. Perhaps speeding up the game with defensive rebounds and fast breaks will help Wizards break the Cavs backs. That means a forward or two will need to run as fast as the guards. We don't have that without a healthy Butler.

Posted by: rgz | April 18, 2008 1:33 PM

Vote your Wizards-Cavaliers prediction.

Posted by: | April 18, 2008 1:45 PM

I think the Wiz should have traded their top players this season so that they could have an out when they get swept in the playoffs.

Posted by: Frosty Freeze | April 18, 2008 1:50 PM

I think it's funny that our slogan has suddenly changed from "Ready To Rule" to "Rewriting The Rules".

Sounds similar. However, the meaning is totally different. Ready To Rule implies winning it all, and the beginning of a dynasty. Rewriting The Rules does not. It's like a slick salesman pulling the old "switcheroo". I know, we told you we were ready to rule, and you bought that as our intention and desire, and you followed us this season believing we'd do whatever it takes, and our time is finally here. But actually, I mispoke. What we actually meant to say was that we are rewriting the rules.

What is this saying exactly?? Rewriting The Rules? What does that mean? Does it mean we're not ready to rule? Do we need more time? Do we need more practice? Do we need to add some new players? Does it mean we can't rule under the current rules, and must first rewrite the rules before we can be ready to rule? Do we have to cheat and change the rules to win? Do our players not have to follow the league rules and policies, such as the dress code, because we are rewriting the rules?

What does this message say to the kids?? Hey little Johnny and Sally, you don't have to follow the rules... you can Rewrite The Rules! Is this saying we are rewriting the rules about what qualifies as a successful season? Sure "Ready To Rule" was a ballsy statement. Sure it was arrogance from a team that hasn't done anything to back the announcement. But after running with that slogan all season long, why change it now as we enter the playoffs?

We may not be Ready To Rule. We've had alot of injury issues all season, and still aren't 100% and have potential chemistry issues unique this time of season. But the East is wide open. We have had very good past success against the two teams considered the best in the East, Detroit and Boston. The Wizards should stick to their guns! Don't back down now! We are healthy, our rotation is set, and we got some payback for Cleveland!

THE WIZARDS ARE READY TO RULE!!!

Posted by: Darnell | April 18, 2008 1:56 PM

READY TO RULE!!! YEAH BABY

Posted by: | April 18, 2008 2:10 PM

RULE TO READY THE REWRITE. YEAH BABY

Posted by: | April 18, 2008 2:12 PM

READY TO GET RID OF THE CURSE OF LEBOULES???? YEAH BABY

Posted by: | April 18, 2008 2:12 PM

ready to rewrite the rules??? yeah baby

Posted by: | April 18, 2008 2:23 PM

Posted by: LOL | April 18, 2008 1:25 PM

"Peeps" don't know what the h*ll they're talking about. This is a six-or-seven game series no matter who ends up winning. I think that the deciding factors will be the health of Butler and Arenas, whether the Cavs' supporting cast can give James enough help to get over the hump, and whether their shooters can take advantage of our lousy 3 point defense. Oh, and by the way, the 2-2 season split between the two teams suggests that no one has anyone's "number."

Posted by: rbpalmer | April 18, 2008 2:58 PM

Only twice since the NBA Expanded the 1st round to Best of 7 has the team that lost Game #1 gone on to win the series. Both times were in 2005, and one of those times it was the Wiz.

Just FYI.

I think we can beat Cleveland, but I think that anyone who says "it will be easy" is silly.

Posted by: Duffman | April 18, 2008 3:32 PM

I pray the CAVS sweep us so we can get rid of Gilly!

Posted by: Beas | April 18, 2008 1:12 PM

My sentiments exactly! We should pray for our beloved team to lose so that we can get rid of our best player. Brilliant! If Arenas makes this team better in the playoffs and we win because of it, then I'll quit the Wizards forever. No way I can stand to have "my team" winning with Gilbert on the floor.

Some people here make me sick.

Posted by: psps23 | April 18, 2008 3:36 PM

I think the Cavs are hot!

Posted by: DC Man 88 | April 18, 2008 4:09 PM

I'd like the Wizards to have fire in their eyes, and ice in their veins for the first game in Cleveland!
Flock the fatman, the pundits and doubters.
GO WIZARDS!

Posted by: rgz | April 18, 2008 4:23 PM

white out? arent our unis blue. shouldnt we have a blue-out? i know the wiz wear white at home but so do the skins and every1 wears red and yellow (zorns words not mine) to the game.
so we should be wearin blue to the opening game at home.

Posted by: dk | April 18, 2008 4:47 PM

I think the Cavs are hot!

Posted by: DC Man 88 | April 18, 2008 4:09 PM

I'm about to break down, guys. This is not fair and all I have ever done is try to criticize Les BouleS fairly. Clearly this moron was not me and I don't think you guys are being fair to me. Like I said before, Les BouleS are going down tomorrow. If Gilby was out, they'd easily win a series or two, but if he plays, they lose easily.

Go Cavs, beat Les BouleS!

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 18, 2008 4:55 PM

so we should be wearin blue to the opening game at home.

Posted by: dk | April 18, 2008 4:47 PM

The genius Les BouleS marketing staff has seen the success the Heat had with their White-Outs and is following in our foot steps. Next dumb question, please?

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 18, 2008 5:01 PM

I couldnt understand the significance of the white out, figured wizards blue too, but what can you say?...Reminds me more of those parties where you wear all white or something. Are they giving out free tshirts to wear over your clothes like they did in Miami to keep it white?

Posted by: washingtonian | April 18, 2008 5:05 PM

DC Man, you are truly an a**hole!

Posted by: Jimmy | April 18, 2008 5:11 PM

DC Man, you are truly an a**hole!

Posted by: Jimmy | April 18, 2008 5:11 PM

"Jimmy, settle down BRO or should I say SIS because you are such a baby?

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 18, 2008 5:39 PM

Whoever you are, if you want to bring this blog down to hell at your level, then that's the decision you've made, and you will make come true.

LMAO!!!

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 18, 2008 5:56 PM

i raped DC Man88's mom last night

Posted by: | April 18, 2008 5:58 PM

Posted by: George Templeton | April 18, 2008 6:17 PM

Did I really read on this blog that Mike Brown has EJ's number you're kidding right?If not for Lebron Mike Brown would be an assistant in the D league, please!! He can't even draw up a play, his assitant's do the "heavy" work. Mike Brown is a lightweight when it comes to coaching, whenever Danny Ferry wakes up he will find a real coach or maybe not, judging from that trade at midseason he ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Posted by: DARGREGMAG@AOL.COM | April 18, 2008 6:35 PM

Someone earlier in the week had asked how Polin would vote in the Sonics relocation meeting. According to the AP, the vote was 28-2 in favor of relocating to OK City, with the two "No" votes being Mark Cuban and Paul Allen. Its been said many times by many people, but moving the Sonics really does suck. Anyways, GO WIZ!

Posted by: Dude | April 18, 2008 7:00 PM

LMAO!!!

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 18, 2008 5:56 PM

That wasn't me. Funny how someone persists in making posts using my name. That's fine....it doesn't matter to me, b/c I will make my points whether I write my name as DC Man88 or not or use other names.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 18, 2008 9:37 PM

LMAO!!!

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 18, 2008 11:20 PM

How about a picture of you in that shirt, Ivan...

Inquiring minds want to know.

Posted by: mark | April 18, 2008 11:24 PM

It would be one thing if the Wizards had won a playoff series in the past two tries against the Cavs, but they haven't. The "overrated" LeBron James single-handedly beat your team three times during the first series. Remember when Agent Zero missed two free throws that would have potentially allowed that series to go back to Cleveland for a seventh game? The second series was far from memorable due to injuries but still nonetheless ended in a sweep. LeBron then willed his less than talented supporting cast to the NBA Finals. True, the Cavs have not played well since the trade but that is to be expected with all of the injuries and roster turnover they've experienced. The main constant that will allow the Cavs to once again hold off this team of overconfident punks is Mr. James. I will check back once the Cavs have sent your team home for the summer and hopefully they will do that on your home floor for the third year in a row. There's nothing that would please me more.

Posted by: Bangaladesh | April 18, 2008 11:25 PM

IF GILBERT PLAYS BALL BETTER THEN HE TALKS U GUYS COULD WIN TWO GAMES AND STEVENSON DREW GOODEN KNOWS THAT LEBRON IS GOING TO TORCH HIM IF HE DOESNT FOUL OUT BECAUSE THATS NOT DEFENSE HE PLAYS ITS CALLED PLAYGROUND BULL**** AND BEFORE HE MADE THE CMMENT ABOUT BRON NO ONE KNEW HE PLAYED IN THIS SPORT

Posted by: Rook | April 18, 2008 11:28 PM

Posted by: | April 18, 2008 11:36 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | April 19, 2008 1:05 AM | Report abuse

I think I'm mad now.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 1:08 AM | Report abuse

where the f'n hoes at???

Posted by: JB | April 19, 2008 1:13 AM | Report abuse

The anon post above was me. It took me a lot of time and energy to take previous posts and put different names and dates under them. I'm real slick aren't I?

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 1:14 AM | Report abuse

where the f'n hoes at???

Posted by: JB | April 19, 2008 1:13 AM

Where the f'n DUDES at. I only like dudes. Bonus, if they look like Gilby.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 1:16 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | April 19, 2008 1:18 AM | Report abuse

Where the f'n DUDES at. I only like dudes. Bonus, if they look like Gilby.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 19, 2008 1:19 AM | Report abuse

I like me some me.

Posted by: Confucius | April 19, 2008 1:21 AM | Report abuse

Barkley is a basketball god.

Posted by: mark | April 19, 2008 1:23 AM | Report abuse

Barkley is so cute

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 1:26 AM | Report abuse

I agree.

Posted by: Brisket | April 19, 2008 1:28 AM | Report abuse

Most analysts I saw have Wizards winning the series. Baring any major injury, if Wizards cannot win this series, then there really isn't any excuse.

Posted by: Sagaliba | April 19, 2008 10:02 AM | Report abuse

I think the Warriors will win the NBA Championship this year.

Posted by: DC Man88 | April 19, 2008 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Ok - this blog has officially gone over to the dark side.

I really don't understand why the Washington Post does not crack down on some of this stuff.

Posted by: Rook | April 19, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

This blog is just fine the way it is, thank you Rook.

Posted by: mark | April 19, 2008 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Oh please let the Wiz win game one, if only to bring some semblance of coherence to this site....

Nahhh, no use dreaming. Even when (not if) we win, this site will still be a zoo.

Wiz in 6.

Posted by: khrabb | April 19, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Great news! Today's game is broadcast on ESPN, so that means the Cavs will at least get some decent and fair coverage. Avoid Comcast at all costs!

Posted by: Frosty Freeze | April 19, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Wizards in 6! LETS GET IT!

Posted by: Essex | April 19, 2008 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Wiz in 5. Everybody forgets that in the series 2 years ago, the Wiz had Jeffries cover LeBron. Now we have DeShawn. Jeffries played with length, and gave up the outside shot, hoping that LeBron could not get past him with quickness. DeShawn plays low to the ground, with a stronger base than Jeffries and is more physical(that is a key). LeBron will have a harder time getting to the rim against DeShawn than he did against Jeffies. And, DeShawn is not a loose link on the offensive end. That is a major difference between the 2 wizards teams.

Posted by: G-Man | April 19, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

got this from the wiz site: rode down on the elevator with Caron Butler...to say he was focused would be an understatement...
As Antawn Jamison said-no quick shots---the Wizards do not want to tee up LeBron James for a chance to run the floor and throw down a monster slam. (Dave Johnson)

Posted by: washingtonian | April 19, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Wiz in 5. The cavs just arent good. If Washington has any cajones, this should be easy.

Posted by: truthsayer | April 19, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Offense looks atrocious. When you hold LeTravel down for a period of time, you want to take advantage. Wizards are settling for jumpers and missing. Butler looks pretty bad and AJ can't find his shot yet.

Posted by: Colin | April 19, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

I guess Gilbert ate his Wheaties this morning.

Posted by: George Templeton | April 19, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse